Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 4:14:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PACorps:

I have some hope that Reichert has a chance at governor. While he’s not ideal, if we end up with Turd as gov and Manka as AG, WA will plunge into a death spiral.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mstennes:

Not only does the Washington State political machine need over hauling but it needs to start with the governor, then AG office and the way we vote!

I have some hope that Reichert has a chance at governor. While he’s not ideal, if we end up with Turd as gov and Manka as AG, WA will plunge into a death spiral.

I’d like to think and hope you’re right, but alas I’m not holding my breath.  Seems every time I see or read something that has been done, it seems to raise the stupid bar even higher. The idiots seem to think another law will fix things. They blindly follow what ever they are told to do. Common sense has left years ago and now it seems like when you think you’ve seen it all, another “here hold my beer” moment happens that just makes you shake your head in disbelief. I tell my family all the time I honestly think we’re beyond hope, common sense has left most in the three county area that tells the rest of us what to do.
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 12:21:05 PM EDT
[#2]
You can add Optics Planet to the list that won’t ship parts to WA.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 6:47:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#3]
Originally Posted By Cops66:
You can add Optics Planet to the list that won’t ship parts to WA.
View Quote

Sure doesn't stop them from spam texting me.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 8:13:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

Sure doesn't stop them from spam texting me.
View Quote

Agreed. I sent them an email to deactivate my account.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 2:49:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Optics Planet just refused to send a silicone heat cover for a suppressor.  I'm cancelling the entire order and will never do business with them again.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 6:18:01 PM EDT
[#6]
All these companies that claim to be stout 2A supporters have turned out to be a joke. I hope they all go bankrupt at this point. They will never see another penny from me.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 2:25:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By BorderDave:
Optics Planet just refused to send a silicone heat cover for a suppressor.  I'm cancelling the entire order and will never do business with them again.
View Quote

They just cancelled an order on me because the BILLING address was in WA.. it was shipping to ID.  Fuck those motherfuckers, fuck Jay Inslee and fuck Bob Ferguson.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 11:45:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MMcCall:

They just cancelled an order on me because the BILLING address was in WA.. it was shipping to ID.  Fuck those motherfuckers, fuck Jay Inslee and fuck Bob Ferguson.
View Quote

You should have cancelled your order completely, screw Optics Planet.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 2:46:06 PM EDT
[#9]
They are complaining about Optics Planet over the Waguns Reddit as well -maybe same poster? Orders cancelled to free states that have a WA billing address.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 9:25:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cops66] [#10]

You should have cancelled your order completely, screw Optics Planet.
View Quote

It’s bad enough they won’t send anything to WA, but even restrict free states because your billing address happens to be WA? That’s complete fricken horse shit.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 9:16:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Why would you be angry at a company that doesn't want to break the law? You guys are wasting your energy in the wrong direction.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 9:35:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By gaspain:
Why would you be angry at a company that doesn't want to break the law? You guys are wasting your energy in the wrong direction.
View Quote

They wouldn’t be breaking the law. Parts in itself is not illegal, these companies just choose not to sell anything to WA and that’s what people are pissed off about. These companies claim to be stout 2A supporters, then they should back it up.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 10:46:35 PM EDT
[#13]

They wouldn’t be breaking the law. Parts in itself is not illegal, these companies just choose not to sell anything to WA and that’s what people are pissed off about. These companies claim to be stout 2A supporters, then they should back it up.
View Quote

The list is so vast it makes making a mistake more likely. Makes sense to reduce risk.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 11:00:08 PM EDT
[#14]

The list is so vast it makes making a mistake more likely. Makes sense to reduce risk.
View All Quotes

They wouldn't be breaking the law. Parts in itself is not illegal, these companies just choose not to sell anything to WA and that's what people are pissed off about. These companies claim to be stout 2A supporters, then they should back it up.

I won't be mad at any manufacturer, distributor, etc for not selling in this state, unless they are concurrently taking and fulfilling contracts/orders for items we can't have, for state and local agencies and departments.

Go Ronnie Barrett !
Link Posted: 11/15/2023 3:24:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: waswrunandgun] [#15]
but amazon still ships high capacity mags in state next day? if Bezos gets put on the hook he'll have to fight against it right.
Link Posted: 11/15/2023 3:41:02 AM EDT
[#16]
The words you are looking for are “chilling effect” on lawful commerce.

It is entirely intentional and also unconstitutional, plus it violates the 1986 FOPA...  Imagine that.  

I know a few states are trying to take the title for being the “most tyrannically anti-gun” currently, but WA is really a contender unfortunately…

Link Posted: 11/21/2023 12:18:08 AM EDT
[#17]
LaRue cancelled my order for three triggers due to the ban. Bear Creek Arsenal cancelled my order for .22 LR uppers due to the ban.

I got stuff from BCM after the ban went into effect.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 2:43:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Cascade-Dude:
LaRue cancelled my order for three triggers due to the ban. Bear Creek Arsenal cancelled my order for .22 LR uppers due to the ban.

I got stuff from BCM after the ban went into effect.
View Quote

FLT if that’s how they’re gonna role. The MBT was nice for the money, but there are superior triggers that are still being shipped from other manufacturers.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 3:20:46 PM EDT
[#19]

FLT if that’s how they’re gonna role. The MBT was nice for the money, but there are superior triggers that are still being shipped from other manufacturers.
View Quote

Agreed. I'm enjoying the Geissele SSA-E triggers I got instead. Very much.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 5:34:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Cascade-Dude:

Agreed. I'm enjoying the Geissele SSA-E triggers I got instead. Very much.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/24/2024 6:58:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Add Bereli to the list. I’ve been buying some bulk ammo for range use from them over the last 6 months. Free shipping was nice. Orders arrived quickly.

Then I placed an order Jan 3rd. I got an email on the 6th saying the order was awaiting shipment. Didn’t think much of it. With all the weather related things going on I wasn’t concerned. I sent them an email Monday Jan 22 inquiring about the status of my ammo order. They sent a reply today saying all WA ammo  purchases have to be sent to an FFL. wtf? My FFL knows nothing about a requirement to now ship ammo to an FFL. She did say there was some liability law that went into effect on Jan 1st. I haven’t checked with other retailers to see if they are doing the same. We all know ammo restrictions are right around the corner in this communist state. I guess I missed that this additional Nazi move was starting this month.

My bitch with Bereli isn’t so much they decided to not ship to a residence. Our AG is doing a good job of putting the fear of god in retailers but they can’t even send a email or call explaining the delay. Why did I make an account with them providing all my personal info if they don’t use it in this type of situation?

I tried calling them and was on hold for over 20 minutes. Recording kept saying “someone will be right with you.” Then a recording came on saying basically my call will not be answered and to please leave a message. So I politely left my name, number and order number. No call back. With their shitty communication I won’t bother with them again.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 8:31:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By PredatorWhacker:
They sent a reply today saying all WA ammo  purchases have to be sent to an FFL.
View All Quotes
They sent a reply today saying all WA ammo  purchases have to be sent to an FFL.

100% false. No such law exists in WA.

wtf? My FFL knows nothing about a requirement to now ship ammo to an FFL.

That's because there is no such requirement.

She did say there was some liability law that went into effect on Jan 1st.

Retailers must take "reasonable measures" (I think that's the verbiage in the RCW) to ensure the purchaser is not prohibited from possessing firearms. If they don't, then WA claims that amounts to negligence in the sale, which WA believes allows it to then bring civil action against the seller without violating PLCAA.

My bitch with Bereli isn’t so much they decided to not ship to a residence.

It should be. All they have to do is add a paragraph to their website which says something like, "By placing this order/checking this box/signing here/whatever I affirm I am not legally prohibited from possessing firearms... blah blah blah..."
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 11:52:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Since this is more of a “this shit sucks” thread….
Anyone know if we can have magazine rebuild kits shipped to us?

I can either have rebuild kits sent to my home if legal or have some friends send em to me innocuously.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 12:12:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: blusheepdog] [#24]
Midwest Industries won’t ship anything to Washington State and has said as much on their website.

Tango Down refused to ship me anything! I ordered +0 base plates for my Glock 19 mags. They are direct replacement that allow a flared grip surface if you need to strip the mag rom the gun. They add no addition to the rounds. They canceled my order and told me that it was illegal to ship those. To show them it wasn’t, I ordered the damn things off of Amazon, as well as from a local gun shop. They didn’t care…….

These companies need to suffer and hopefully go out of business…..

Hey Sideshow Bob, if you’ve got anyone reading this, FVCK YOU! I’ll buy my stuff for cash in Idaho you prick!!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 6:09:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Terrato] [#25]
WTF, Taran Tactical?

https://tarantacticalinnovations.com/base-pad-for-glock-19-23-oem-9-40-magazines/

Product description:
*WILL NOT WORK WITH 10 ROUND MAGAZINES, ASIDE FROM OUR +0 BASE PADS*
View Quote
On the same page (emphasis added):
Not for sale to California or Washington residents. A courtesy email will be sent to CA/WA residents who place an order for a base pad that has the capability of taking a magazine past ten rounds. Ultimately a refund will be issued. CA/WA residents can only purchase base pads that do not take the magazine capacity past ten rounds.
View Quote
And then again below that:
*WILL NOT WORK WITH 10 ROUND MAGAZINES!*
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/5/2024 1:23:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Anyone know Noveske's policy on shipping to WA? I want to order a barrel, but not if it will be a hassle.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 11:56:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Britt-dog:
Anyone know Noveske's policy on shipping to WA? I want to order a barrel, but not if it will be a hassle.
View Quote

at this point, read their returns/cancelled order policy and try places anyway. won't know until you get a follow up.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 12:18:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thisismyusername] [#28]
Originally Posted By vincentvega6:
at this point, read their returns/cancelled order policy and try places anyway. won't know until you get a follow up.
View Quote

My favorite scenario is when they don't clearly advise me during the checkout process that they won't ship, and then they refuse to, and they either slow walk a full refund or try to charge a "restocking fee." Because then I get to report the sale as fraud and do a chargeback, which looks very bad for them.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 5:24:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By thisismyusername:

My favorite scenario is when they don't clearly advise me during the checkout process that they won't ship, and then they refuse to, and they either slow walk a full refund or try to charge a "restocking fee." Because then I get to report the sale as fraud and do a chargeback, which looks very bad for them.
View Quote
That's the hassle I'm trying to avoid.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 2:18:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Add Bereli to the list. I’ve been buying some bulk ammo for range use from them over the last 6 months. Free shipping was nice. Orders arrived quickly.

Then I placed an order Jan 3rd. I got an email on the 6th saying the order was awaiting shipment. Didn’t think much of it. With all the weather related things going on I wasn’t concerned. I sent them an email Monday Jan 22 inquiring about the status of my ammo order. They sent a reply today saying all WA ammo  purchases have to be sent to an FFL. wtf? My FFL knows nothing about a requirement to now ship ammo to an FFL. She did say there was some liability law that went into effect on Jan 1st. I haven’t checked with other retailers to see if they are doing the same. We all know ammo restrictions are right around the corner in this communist state. I guess I missed that this additional Nazi move was starting this month.

My bitch with Bereli isn’t so much they decided to not ship to a residence. Our AG is doing a good job of putting the fear of god in retailers but they can’t even send a email or call explaining the delay. Why did I make an account with them providing all my personal info if they don’t use it in this type of situation?

I tried calling them and was on hold for over 20 minutes. Recording kept saying “someone will be right with you.” Then a recording came on saying basically my call will not be answered and to please leave a message. So I politely left my name, number and order number. No call back. With their shitty communication I won’t bother with them again.
View Quote

@PredatorWhacker
After my ammo order with Bereli was delayed, I was told by customer service that my order would have to ship to a FFL.    I was most pissed about having to CX the 1000 rounds of 147gr HST for $550.  But, I had also added some 147gr Speer Lawman that was cheaper at https://nrammo.com/ (highly recommend - FAST shipping.)  So that it was kind of a wash for me.  Stupid Bereli.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 5:49:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Britt-dog:
That's the hassle I'm trying to avoid.
View Quote

Same. The inevitable cancellation and reissue of my card is a pain on top of it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 5:54:18 PM EDT
[#32]
I know that a ton of people don’t believe that LEO agencies or individual LEO should have access to anything that general public does not have access to.  I understand that and that’s a completely different discussion altogether.  I am only posting to say that BCM has gone so far that they won’t even ship “high capacity” magazines to LEO agencies on an official agency purchase order.  I tried to order 30 round magazines via an agency purchase order, paid for via an agency purchase card, shipped to an agency address, with documentation showing that LEO agencies are exempt from the restriction, and they denied the order.  I know they think (and some readers here probably do as well) that they are making some intrinsic patriot stand against the tyrannical government , but really all they are doing is exactly what the government of this state wants - restricting access to these items despite no evidence to suggest restricting these items has any impact on what criminals are doing, will do, or are willing to do.  They are helping to perpetuate the lie here in this state, as well as in other states.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 6:01:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: agnisco] [#33]
Double post.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 6:14:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By agnisco:
I know that a ton of people don't believe that LEO agencies or individual LEO should have access to anything that general public does not have access to.  I understand that and that's a completely different discussion altogether.  I am only posting to say that BCM has gone so far that they won't even ship "high capacity" magazines to LEO agencies on an official agency purchase order.  I tried to order 30 round magazines via an agency purchase order, paid for via an agency purchase card, shipped to an agency address, with documentation showing that LEO agencies are exempt from the restriction, and they denied the order.  I know they think (and some readers here probably do as well) that they are making some intrinsic patriot stand against the tyrannical government , but really all they are doing is exactly what the government of this state wants - restricting access to these items despite no evidence to suggest restricting these items has any impact on what criminals are doing, will do, or are willing to do.  They are helping to perpetuate the lie here in this state, as well as in other states.
View Quote

No. . .  Ronnie Barrett was right, and so is BCM. Good on them.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 6:14:49 PM EDT
[#35]
I know that a ton of people don’t believe that LEO agencies or individual LEO should have access to anything that general public does not have access to.  I understand that and that’s a completely different discussion altogether.  I am only posting to say that BCM has gone so far that they won’t even ship “high capacity” magazines to LEO agencies on an official agency purchase order.  I tried to order 30 round magazines via an agency purchase order, paid for via an agency purchase card, shipped to an agency address, with documentation showing that LEO agencies are exempt from the restriction, and they denied the order.  I know they think (and some readers here probably do as well) that they are making some intrinsic patriot stand against the tyrannical government , but really all they are doing is exactly what the government of this state wants - restricting access to these items despite no evidence to suggest restricting these items has any impact on what criminals are doing, will do, or are willing to do.  They are helping to perpetuate the lie here in this state, as well as in other states.
View Quote

You are correct

Goose and gander
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 6:19:05 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

I’m a retired LEO of 32 years and I’m glad to see companies refusing to sell to LE agencies and individual LEO’s. Maybe if all businesses conducted business that way, we could get rid of all this unconstitutional BS.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 6:49:42 PM EDT
[#37]

I’m a retired LEO of 32 years and I’m glad to see companies refusing to sell to LE agencies and individual LEO’s. Maybe if all businesses conducted business that way, we could get rid of all this unconstitutional BS.
View Quote

I hear you and I wish you were correct.  But I think the AG and Governor would be just fine with hamstringing LEO agencies as much as they possibly can, which is what they are accomplishing.  The AG just made FWDG pay a $3 million dollar fine for selling mags post-ban.  $1,000,000 is going towards recouping the legal fees the AG office incurred during the case.  Is the AG going to pay back state taxpayers the millions of dollars it wasted on the dog and pony show bogus trial of the three Tacoma police officers?  After two other legitimate LE investigations cleared them, they hired a “special prosecutor” to write a fictional probable cause statement that read like a children’s bedtime story.  All fluff and dramatics and no facts.  All politically motivated.  TPD found that they didn’t even violate agency policy as it was written at the time.  Being that all LE policy is written to be in accordance with WAC and RCW, and often times stricter, how could they have violated the law if they didn’t even violate policy?

Sorry to go off on a tangent, but refusing to sell magazines to agencies in Washington isn’t going to help get rid of unconstitutional BS.  The AG and Governor could care less about LEO not having access to magazines due to these laws,. To them, that’s just less magazines in Washington state.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 7:18:33 PM EDT
[#38]
I sent them info on what the laws actually were(and that they were reading something wrong)....and they said(which is incorrect)

"yeah. We were informed that policy is changing rapidly in washington and we cant ship ammo directyl due to the ambiguity of the law at this moment and the direction it may take.
Customer Service"

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/9/2024 8:59:41 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

There. I fixed your post.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 3:01:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By TheKurnal:

@PredatorWhacker
After my ammo order with Bereli was delayed, I was told by customer service that my order would have to ship to a FFL.    I was most pissed about having to CX the 1000 rounds of 147gr HST for $550.  But, I had also added some 147gr Speer Lawman that was cheaper at https://nrammo.com/ (highly recommend - FAST shipping.)  So that it was kind of a wash for me.  Stupid Bereli.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheKurnal:

@PredatorWhacker

Thank you for the heads up Kurnal. Greatly appreciated!

I’d like to think this situation will improve but I don’t think it will.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 3:22:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Landpimp:

I sent them info on what the laws actually were(and that they were reading something wrong)....and they said(which is incorrect)

"yeah. We were informed that policy is changing rapidly in washington and we cant ship ammo directyl due to the ambiguity of the law at this moment and the direction it may take.
Customer Service"
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Landpimp:

Customer Service"

Well that’s not encouraging. They don’t even have to pass a restriction now to control the flow of products. Just at erratic and scary and suppliers stop supplying.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 11:22:46 AM EDT
[#42]
I know that a ton of people don't believe that LEO agencies or individual LEO should have access to anything that general public does not have access to.  I understand that and that's a completely different discussion altogether.  I am only posting to say that BCM has gone so far that they won't even ship "high capacity" magazines to LEO agencies on an official agency purchase order.  I tried to order 30 round magazines via an agency purchase order, paid for via an agency purchase card, shipped to an agency address, with documentation showing that LEO agencies are exempt from the restriction, and they denied the order.  I know they think (and some readers here probably do as well) that they are making some intrinsic patriot stand against the tyrannical government , but really all they are doing is exactly what the government of this state wants - restricting access to these items despite no evidence to suggest restricting these items has any impact on what criminals are doing, will do, or are willing to do.  They are helping to perpetuate the lie here in this state, as well as in other states.
View Quote
Good! Point for BCM
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 3:49:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Good on BCM.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 10:30:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Anyone know how Right To Bear is handling this? Please PM me if appropriate.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 4:35:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NoEffects6] [#45]
Anyone been successful purchasing mounting accessories for suppressors?

ETA: All good. It shipped.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 4:23:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By LawnDartGoalie:
Anyone know how Right To Bear is handling this? Please PM me if appropriate.
View Quote

I know they setup their checkout process to block anyone with a Washington address when I tried to buy a G17 slide. YMMV
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 4:45:59 PM EDT
[#47]
I don't know why anyone is surprised about this? It's exactly what Ferguson intended with 5078. This bill was worded to be impossible for stores and distributors to comply with, because you can't run a background check for these items.

If a single part, round or accessory is found in the possession of a bad guy, they open themselves up to a lawsuit and bankruptcy. Ferguson has already been hitting distributors with subpoenas looking for potential targets.

Only an idiot would risk their business given this. They are facing an aggressive AG, with tough consumer protection laws, an army of lawyers and potentially millions in fines. Ask Federal Way guns how it worked out for them. 5078 has exactly the same provisions for fines and injunctions.

If you want to get mad at someone, it's the voters and the idiots they elected.

https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?BillNumber=5078&Chamber=Senate&Year=2023

AN ACT Relating to protecting public safety by establishing duties of firearm industry members engaged in the sale, manufacturing, distribution, importing, or marketing of firearms, ammunition, component parts, or accessories, to adopt and implement reasonable controls to prevent the diversion of firearms and related products to straw purchasers, firearm traffickers, unauthorized individuals, and individuals who pose a risk to themselves or others, to prohibit such firearm industry members from creating or maintaining a public nuisance, and providing for investigation and enforcement by the attorney general; adding a new section to chapter 7.48 RCW; creating new sections; and prescribing penalties.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 5:26:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyG] [#48]
Originally Posted By Boatswain:
I don't know why anyone is surprised about this? It's exactly what Ferguson intended with 5078. This bill was worded to be impossible for stores and distributors to comply with, because you can't run a background check for these items.

If a single part, round or accessory is found in the possession of a bad guy, they open themselves up to a lawsuit and bankruptcy. Ferguson has already been hitting distributors with subpoenas looking for potential targets.

Only an idiot would risk their business given this. They are facing an aggressive AG, with tough consumer protection laws, an army of lawyers and potentially millions in fines. Ask Federal Way guns how it worked out for them. 5078 has exactly the same provisions for fines and injunctions.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Boatswain:

Worse yet. . .

Is Washington's Magazine Ban Sitting on Death Row?

Despite WGL's hopeful video, looking back at SB5078:

"NEW SECTION. Sec. 4. A new section is added to chapter 9.41 RCW
8 to read as follows:
9 Distributing, selling, offering for sale, or facilitating the
10 sale, distribution, or transfer of a large capacity magazine online
11 is an unfair or deceptive act or practice or unfair method of
12 competition in the conduct of trade or commerce for purposes of the
13 consumer protection act, chapter 19.86 RCW.14

NEW SECTION. Sec. 5. If any provision of this act or its
15 application to any person or circumstance is held invalid, the
16 remainder of the act or the application of the provision to other
17 persons or circumstances is not affected

I hope I'm wrong, but when Gator's guns prevails in court, I suspect that Turd Ferguson won't need to request a stay, and will continue to enforce the mag ban, as just a "consumer protection" action.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 6:00:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Boom_Stick] [#49]
Originally Posted By GunnyG:
I hope I'm wrong, but when Gator's guns prevails in court, I suspect that Turd Ferguson won't need to request a stay, and will continue to enforce the mag ban, as just a "consumer protection" action.
View Quote
I think WGL already covered this. It basically means even if the mag ban is struck down, someone like FWDG is still on the hook for $6k a mag because the judgement has already been made. However gators guns would skate if the law is struck down.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 7:36:14 AM EDT
[#50]

I hear you and I wish you were correct.  But I think the AG and Governor would be just fine with hamstringing LEO agencies as much as they possibly can, which is what they are accomplishing.  The AG just made FWDG pay a $3 million dollar fine for selling mags post-ban.  $1,000,000 is going towards recouping the legal fees the AG office incurred during the case.  Is the AG going to pay back state taxpayers the millions of dollars it wasted on the dog and pony show bogus trial of the three Tacoma police officers?  After two other legitimate LE investigations cleared them, they hired a “special prosecutor” to write a fictional probable cause statement that read like a children’s bedtime story.  All fluff and dramatics and no facts.  All politically motivated.  TPD found that they didn’t even violate agency policy as it was written at the time.  Being that all LE policy is written to be in accordance with WAC and RCW, and often times stricter, how could they have violated the law if they didn’t even violate policy?

Sorry to go off on a tangent, but refusing to sell magazines to agencies in Washington isn’t going to help get rid of unconstitutional BS.  The AG and Governor could care less about LEO not having access to magazines due to these laws,. To them, that’s just less magazines in Washington state.
View Quote

I hear what you’re saying, and being retired military and civilian LEO myself, I have to admit, in a selfish way, that if I’m getting fucked, everybody else needs to get fucked as well on magazines too. This way active LEOs can feel the BS pain and throw their voices in concert with the law abiding public on this unjust law.

Back to the real world, LEOs will still be able to get standard capacity magazines from other distributors/venders, so it’s not a real problem, just an inconvenience, but to everybody else, it is a real problem.

Regardless!! Stay safe!!
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top