Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2013 2:57:40 PM EDT
olorado: Your Attendance Is Needed at a Critical Forum This Wednesday

This Wednesday, February 27, state senators Matt Jones (D-17) and Jeanne Nicholson (D-16) will be hosting an open forum at the Louisville Public Library.

We need you to attend this event with as many freedom-loving patriots as possible to respectfully voice your opposition to the fanatical anti-gun legislation that has passed in the state House and that is expected to be considered by the state Senate this upcoming week. Please attend and respectfully voice your opposition to:

House Bill 1224 – Bans magazines with a capacity greater than 15 rounds. (Passed by a 34-31 vote in the House.)

House Bill 1226 – Repeals current law allowing individuals with a concealed carry permit to carry a firearm for self-defense on a college or university campus. (Passed by a 34-31 vote in the House.)

House Bill 1228 – Imposes a “gun tax” for a background check when purchasing a firearm. (Passed by a 33-32 vote in the House.)

House Bill 1229 – Criminalizes the private transfer of a firearm. (Passed by a 36-29 vote in the House.)

The Senate is our last line of defense to stop these unconstitutional measures from being sent to Governor John Hickenlooper (D) for his signature!

The information for the forum can be found below:

Date: Wednesday, February 27

Time: 6:00-7:30 p.m.

951 Spruce Street
Louisville, CO 80027
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 3:37:45 PM EDT
[#1]
W00t. Planning on attending this one.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 6:03:31 AM EDT
[#2]
PLEASE remember that this is supposed to be a "fracking" meeting about education (apparently) which means there will be a lot of attendees who don't care much about guns. So, when you take over the meeting , don't just talk about our rights.  That IS the point to us but most citizens - sadly - know about as much about the Bill of Rights as they do about their car's electrical system.  They use 'em both every day but are completely ignorant of how they actually work and what else they empower.

Give personal examples of how this will negatively impact you as a citizen.  Make them relate on a personal level.  You and another AR shooter dump identical mags into a common bag and then divvy them up evenly later - that's now a crime, because you might not have the one you owned when 1224 kicked in.  I'm an instructor and teach a lot of newbies and fence-sitters about home safety and basic pistol 101 with unloaded guns in a conference room setting.  That's now illegal because of the "established range facility" clause in 1229.  Stuff like that.

We need EVERYONE on board.  Make them see how it affects THEM!

And give 'em hell, boys.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 12:09:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Confirmed with a librarian that Jones has the meeting room booked from 5:30-7:30.  Looks like we're still a go.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 7:57:39 PM EDT
[#4]
It was great to see so many people show up. I was in the third row and felt that our side showed a lot of restraint and did a good job of respecting the educators and elected officials. It sure felt like a bait and switch type of meeting, but I was thrilled that the Senator agreed to stay late and that the Louisville Police Chief helped to keep the room open.

Great arguments and passionate messages from almost everyone who spoke. Keep going to these town hall meetings and making sure that our voices are heard.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 7:40:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It was great to see so many people show up. I was in the third row and felt that our side showed a lot of restraint and did a good job of respecting the educators and elected officials. It sure felt like a bait and switch type of meeting, but I was thrilled that the Senator agreed to stay late and that the Louisville Police Chief helped to keep the room open.

Great arguments and passionate messages from almost everyone who spoke. Keep going to these town hall meetings and making sure that our voices are heard.

Agreed, unfortunately I walked away certain that Senator Jones is going to vote yes on the bills.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top