Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 8:11:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: saigamanTX] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PointBlank82:

Yeah, I figured she would be the sacrificial goat. I guess Gonzales was cheaper.

The fact they kept this under wraps means they have an advanced plan to fast track this thru the House and Senate. Don't be fooled. Gear up NOW.
View Quote
I double posted
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 8:12:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Yeah, I figured she would be the sacrificial goat. I guess Gonzales was cheaper.

The fact they kept this under wraps means they have an advanced plan to fast track this thru the House and Senate. Don't be fooled. Gear up NOW.
View Quote
I'm beginning to think they really believe they will lose power in the senate and they are trying to push what they can through.

I won't comply.
I don't care who sees it.
Fuck em all.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 11:08:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Harlikwin] [#3]

View Quote

Fucking sucks... But not unexpected...

There will be senate judiciary meeting as well I assume where we can at least try clown show 2.0 all over again.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 12:51:36 PM EDT
[#4]
the merchant code bill, from what I understand, will only flag THAT a firearm was purchased but not the specifics of make/model/serial number

yes/no ?
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 1:05:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By TrailFork:
the merchant code bill, from what I understand, will only flag THAT a firearm was purchased but not the specifics of make/model/serial number

yes/no ?
View Quote

No idea how it is supposed to work. But doubtful it includes any real info.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 1:10:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Harlikwin:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

yes/no ?

I don't trust CBI to not be recording everything already, so this is kind of redundant.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 1:27:39 PM EDT
[#7]

I don't trust CBI to not be recording everything already, so this is kind of redundant.
View Quote

Yeah. That too.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 4:56:05 PM EDT
[#8]

There will be senate judiciary meeting as well I assume where we can at least try clown show 2.0 all over again.
View Quote
The senate is where we have a better shot. The house is full of true believers.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 5:39:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By saigamanTX:
View All Quotes

They're all Good Commies dude, don't fool yourself.

This makes it to the Senate, I don't think its going to take much to pass.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 8:01:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSVGroupCoach] [#10]

They're all Good Commies dude, don't fool yourself.

This makes it to the Senate, I don't think its going to take much to pass.
View Quote

Wait a good commie is a.... commie, right?

But the Senate member are a LOT more exposed to recall (see 2012). They may not do the right thing for the right reasons, but they'll sometimes do the right thing out of a sense of self-preservation.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 11:02:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By SSVGroupCoach:

Wait a good commie is a.... commie, right?

But the Senate member are a LOT more exposed to recall (see 2012). They may not do the right thing for the right reasons, but they'll sometimes do the right thing out of a sense of self-preservation.
View Quote

Recalls are significantly harder now. That was a Bipartisan move...
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 3:00:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PointBlank82] [#12]
Denver Post published an article a couple hours ago. They think that an entire day is going to be needed for the House to debate this, depending "on how long they let House Republicans Filibuster". Julie Gonzales was also mentioned as the Senate Sponsor. Shits getting real guys:

Left cold because, FDP:

https://www.denverpost.com/2024/04/08/jena-griswold-impeachment-assault-weapon-ban-colorado-legislature/

Gun bills
An immediate caveat here: The legislature’s calendar is not always gospel, and bills scheduled for one day often get moved forward and back as needed.

That being said, there are a slew of gun bills calendared for this week. Chief among them is the bill to ban the sale, transfer and purchase of so-called assault weapons in Colorado — HB24-1292. The bill cleared its committee vote in the House last month, but House leadership had held off on scheduling the bill for floor work because it didn’t have a Senate sponsor.

That’s changed now, with Sen. Julie Gonzales, a Denver Democrat, agreeing to lead the charge in the Senate.

Now the bill has a good chance of a first vote in the full House this week, the House’s majority leader said early Monday morning. That debate would likely take up an entire day, depending on whether Democrats decide to limit how long Republicans can filibuster.

Other gun bills scheduled for House debate this week include SB24-066, which would put a specific vendor code on the sale of firearms and ammo so they could be better tracked. That bill needs one more vote in the House, which may come Monday. HB24-1270 — requiring gunowners to have liability insurance — is also scheduled for its first full House vote this week.

HB24-1353 — which would require gun shops to have a state license on top of their federal one — is set for a second committee hearing in House Finance on Monday afternoon. SB24-003, which would direct money to state law enforcement to better investigate gun crimes, will be heard in House Judiciary on Wednesday. HB24-1348 (seeking to better regulate how guns are stored in vehicles) and HB24-1174 (adding more requirements to conceal-carry permit trainings) will both be heard in the Senate’s State, Veterans and Military Affairs Committee on Thursday.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/8/2024 3:20:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Denver Post published an article a couple hours ago. They think that an entire day is going to be needed for the House to debate this, depending "on how long they let House Republicans Filibuster". Julie Gonzales was also mentioned as the Senate Sponsor. Shits getting real guys:

Left cold because, FDP:

https://www.denverpost.com/2024/04/08/jena-griswold-impeachment-assault-weapon-ban-colorado-legislature/

View Quote

I'm still gonna hold out that the two big ones, the Specific insurance and the AWB, will not pass. All the others will, but I still have my doubts about the big two.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 10:16:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer] [#14]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 10:29:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Eh.  Doesn't matter.  All not Constitutional.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 10:32:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By vectorsc:
Eh.  Doesn't matter.  All not Constitutional.
View Quote

Constitutionality doesn't matter once the state shuts down all sales, we're fucked regardless at that point.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 10:49:08 PM EDT
[#17]

we're rapidly approaching a time when "recalls" are instantaneous and permanent
View Quote

Aight there big talker...
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 6:43:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By BullpupFan:Constitutionality doesn't matter once the state shuts down all sales, we're fucked regardless at that point.
View Quote

I know two stores that have basically said if this passes, they're just going to shut down since everything in the AWB is their bread & butter.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 9:54:40 AM EDT
[#19]
I just heard on the radio that the credit card coding is heading to Polis' desk.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 9:56:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By uncle_big_green:
I just heard on the radio that the credit card coding is heading to Polis' desk.
View Quote

I really don't even get the purpose of this bill. It only applies to CO right? So like a gun store has to use some code if they sell you something? Like what is the point?
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:05:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: djkest] [#21]

I really don't even get the purpose of this bill. It only applies to CO right? So like a gun store has to use some code if they sell you something? Like what is the point?
View Quote

It punishes legal gun owners without putting a scratch in the crime numbers. I wish they would stop for a second and think about what they are trying to accomplish.

Next you will get Chase Bank banning the purchase of firearms or parts.  This is all part of their plan to control you and keep you down.

They ban the firearms / lowers, then they ban your ability to buy parts. And they are trying to create a registry and to make you purchase liability insurance.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:07:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: uncle_big_green] [#22]

View All Quotes

Maybe this one our "libertarian" governor will veto this trash to show that he's "libertarian."

The point is control and I think this would be another chipping away of privacy. To answer your question, I haven't looked into it. Doesn't the ATF require that out of state fun stores apply the laws to a customer's state of residence? Would that apply to a business that just sells parts?
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:24:38 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

It goes hand in hand with the other bills being pushed through.

Its just a link in the chain to persecute gun owners and bring charges that the state deems worthy. All the evidence they can accumulate or find on someone is one more card to play in a case brought against you from the DA/state.

If there are tracking methods with purchase codes for firearms and ammunition, then they don't have to subpoena your computer or phone or email to find receipts. They just call the bank, or credit card company and they are compelled to disclose your purchase of said verboten items.

Buy in cash. Better yet, transfer through bitcoin - cash to bitcoin to cash, then buy.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:32:21 AM EDT
[#24]

Maybe this one our "libertarian" governor will veto this trash to show that he's "libertarian."

The point is control and I think this would be another chipping away of privacy. To answer your question, I haven't looked into it. Doesn't the ATF require that out of state fun stores apply the laws to a customer's state of residence? Would that apply to a business that just sells parts?
View Quote

Anything firearm related as it reads, so parts/accessories etc. And I think it says physically in Colorado.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:00:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: uncle_big_green] [#25]

Anything firearm related as it reads, so parts/accessories etc. And I think it says physically in Colorado.
View All Quotes

I wasn't clear.  My bad. I meant out of state places that sell parts. I think you answered my question.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 6:30:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:51:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Scheduled for Friday according to RMGO

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:07:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSVGroupCoach] [#28]
Originally Posted By pestilence12:

It goes hand in hand with the other bills being pushed through.

Its just a link in the chain to persecute gun owners and bring charges that the state deems worthy. All the evidence they can accumulate or find on someone is one more card to play in a case brought against you from the DA/state.
View Quote

If you prosecute enough people you'll get the fence sitters to give up their gun.

All the true believers will flee, be prohibited persons/imprisioned or dead.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:23:04 PM EDT
[#29]
This state sucks now.

All the rich statist moron democrats moved here and took over. The good people of Colorado didn't fight hard enough. Marijuana enabled this. The whole country will get here, eventually.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:23:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By SSVGroupCoach:

If you prosecute enough people you'll get the fence sitters to give up their gun.

All the true believers will flee, be prohibited persons/imprisioned or dead.
View Quote

Yup. Gotta have a couple of examples to make.

Seemingly all of this legislation is targeted at dealers/stores. All it will take is the CBI to do a big televised raid on one or two in the state that "will not comply" and poof. Sudden compliance and/or shuttering of doors.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:24:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By djkest:
This state sucks now.

All the rich statist moron democrats moved here and took over. The good people of Colorado didn't fight hard enough. Marijuana enabled this. The whole country will get here, eventually.
View Quote

Agreed to an extent, the MJ thing was the beginning of the end. I think what really fucked the state up was A. being first to legalize MJ, and B. Republicans making it the hill to die on. Fighting MJ legalization so hard cost Repubs any real representation in the state from then on.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:07:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: uncle_big_green] [#32]
Originally Posted By djkest:
This state sucks now.

View Quote

More Rs should have supported MJ legalization and made it a bill instead of letting it be a ballot measure. At least a quarter of this state used the Devil's Lettuce on at least an occasional basis and another third didn't care, including many Rs. Do the math. It's statist to want to throw someone in jail for smoking a J. "Blame is better to give than receive" and it's almost always found in the mirror. The Personhood effort and screeching about homos a dozen years ago didn't help, either. Now it's too late for this state. "I told ya so."
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:08:19 PM EDT
[#33]

Agreed to an extent, the MJ thing was the beginning of the end. I think what really fucked the state up was A. being first to legalize MJ, and B. Republicans making it the hill to die on. Fighting MJ legalization so hard cost Repubs any real representation in the state from then on.
View Quote

You get it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:12:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By SullanMarch:
Scheduled for Friday according to RMGO

View Quote
DAMMIT
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:33:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pestilence12] [#35]

You get it.
View Quote

I am not a proponent of drugs. I dislike marijuana and all other drugs, legal or not. I also think that drugs and alcohol are a net "bad thing" for society, and they destroy lives and people's potential. I do think, on a more philosophical level, that it may very well be a job of government to control access to drugs. People tend to not regulate themselves very well when it comes to vices. However, our gov sure seems to have fucked that up pretty good. So IDK, like I said, philosophical musings.

That being said. The majority of people wanted marijuana legal in CO. The rest, didn't really care if it was legal or not, and there was a very vocal minority that wanted it illegal still. Unfortunately (or fortunately?), the will of the people came through. The republicans in this state stood their ground, and opposed the movement, diametric to the majority desire. This resulted in an explosive pushback on republicans and we lost representation across the board as D's were voted in en masse. Even as the people were putting it to the ballot and IT PASSED, R's were still screeching about it. They still whine about it today.

Well, we can't very well legislate for conservative values when we're eradicated from representation, now, can we? Giving the D's the weed issue and living to fight another day would have been the way. But no. Sacrifice everything, all representation, and go down with the ship. What the fuck kind of plan was that, look where it got us. Now its a D feeding frenzy over the span of a decade, and they not only get weed, but every fuckin single other item they want, carte blanche. And even now, what, 15 fucking years later, the future looks real, real grim for conservative representation in this state. Or at least fair equal representation. And people can get high all they want. What a battle, R's. Bravo. We lost the battle, and the war.

God damn. This fuckin state.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 12:07:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: uncle_big_green] [#36]
You and I disagree, but you still get it in a pragmatic sense. Good on you. I appreciate that.

I generally don't advocate drugs except for maybe caffeine. I'm in the "if it neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg..." and "if I don't have any business doing it, then I don't have any business having the government do it for me" camp.  I have the objectively moral high ground.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 12:13:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pestilence12] [#37]
You and I disagree, but you still get it in a pragmatic sense. Good on you. I appreciate that.

I'm in the "if it neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg..." and "if I don't have any business doing it, then I don't have any business having the government do it for me" camp.  I have the objectively moral high ground.
View Quote

I am mushy. On one hand, fuck drugs. On the other, fuck the gov telling people what to do. On the third hand, fuck people for destroying other people's lives with drugs (secondary, tertiary damage). So, I'm mixed on it

Eta - that's not to say I'm gonna go haul off and tell someone to not do drugs. Nonmabiz and all that. I would rather society come together and say "hey, let's do better".

And on the fourth hand, fuck the Republicans for sailing us down the river on what could conceivably be the dumbest fucking fight possible. They didn't shoot themselves in the foot, they blew their whole goddamn leg off.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 12:17:23 PM EDT
[#38]
If they vote Friday and it passes, how long until likely implementation? Thanks
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 12:27:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By BBOHACH:
If they vote Friday and it passes, how long until likely implementation? Thanks
View Quote

July 1st. I wouldn't put it past those fuckers to change that to be implemented as soon as Polis pen touches paper though under the "Safety Clause".
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 12:37:04 PM EDT
[#40]

July 1st. I wouldn't put it past those fuckers to change that to be implemented as soon as Polis pen touches paper though under the "Safety Clause".
View Quote

July 1st is the safety clause. Otherwise it would go into effect with all the other bills, sometime in November I believe.

So effectively, as soon as he signs it, it is in effect, and the dates are effective that are baked into the bill, namely July 1st, then August 1st for remaining stock.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 12:54:33 PM EDT
[#41]
By the way, if y'all are trying to stock up before the ban, PSA is selling their stealth (no-logo) lowers at $29 per lower right now.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Deal-Alet-Stripped-Lowers-29/5-2718806/
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:14:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SullanMarch] [#42]
By the way, if y'all are trying to stock up before the ban, PSA is selling their stealth (no-logo) lowers at $29 per lower right now.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Deal-Alet-Stripped-Lowers-29/5-2718806/
View Quote

Already OOS, dang.

In other news, one of the bills is dead

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:10:34 AM EDT
[#43]

Already OOS, dang.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:49:50 AM EDT
[#44]

Already OOS, dang.

View Quote

I'll take it. I think that one was probably one of the least impactful, but I'll take it.

Today's the day boys. Another round of emails sent...lets see if they pass it through. I'm sure they will...but a boy can dream.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:49:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 1:43:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Hernandez is an annoying, loud mouth punk.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 1:44:14 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote
What the fuck they are speed reading it
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 2:04:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Epps is a fucking cunt.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 2:05:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Epps is a fucking cunt.
View Quote

I came to say this EXACT fucking thing.  What a screeching moron.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 2:13:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By MTNShewter:

I came to say this EXACT fucking thing.  What a screeching moron.
View Quote

Whatever cunt is talking right now, this screeching Mom-demands-action wench...

Its not a toy.

Its a RIGHT. What is so difficult to understand about that. What speed you drive your car at is irrelevant.

It DOES punish the law-abiding.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top