Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2014 8:02:56 AM EDT
A couple of weeks ago, Rauner did a bus stop in my home town.
He was only there for about 30 minutes...This is my brief encounter with him.
He went through the line shaking hands with everyone and I asked him if an Assault Weapons Ban hit Gov. Rauner's desk what would he do with it..."Veto it".  So I ask if any other anti-gun bills hit his desk, what would Gov. Rauner do with them?  "Veto them, we have enough gun laws"  I asked his Lt. Gov. running mate about gun issue and she said that she is with me...Her family are from Cuba where they confiscated the guns and then the land.
So, after Rauner did his little speech, I asked same question for a public statement...He did the usual politician song and dance and said we had enough laws, we need to strengthen our CC law...So I came back with "does that mean you would veto an assault weapons ban?  He danced around some more and I let him off the hook.
After the speech, he came back to me and started explaining he couldn't make that statement publicly and I stopped him by saying that I understood that he would get friend up north with that statement.  He assured me that he was with the gun owners.

My takeaway...
He isn't necessarily strong pro-gun but, I think he might be strong not-anti-gun.  He is a politician and NOTHING can be counted on and everything should be viewed with suspicion.  He can't make strong pro-2A statements and get elected.  Is he better than Quinn on guns?  LIGHT YEARS ahead of that piece of crap!  

For those that think we are better off with a stupid Quinn I have to say that is insane.  It doesn't take a genius to sign your name to a Veto of a good gun bill or sign a bad gun bill into law...

My issues on Gov. Election:

Quinn is owned by unions....Maybe Rauner wants to be...I don't Know.
Quinn is rabidly anti-gun....Rauner claims not to be (and for the most part, I believe him)
Quinn has no business sense...Rauner has business sense.
Quinn is pro-Gay agenda...I don't know about Rauner
Quinn is pro-abortion...Rauner may be squishy on that issue.
Quinn is stupid...Rauner is not stupid.

We also had a brief meeting with one of the guys working on Rauner's campaign while we were in Springfield Tuesday.  He reiterated Rauner's position on guns as favorable...
I'm only describing what happened...it is up to the voters to decide where the real truth lies.

Link Posted: 3/27/2014 8:18:02 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

He went through the line shaking hands with everyone and I asked him if an Assault Weapons Ban hit Gov. Rauner's desk what would he do with it..."Veto it".  So I ask if any other anti-gun bills hit his desk, what would Gov. Rauner do with them?  "Veto them, we have enough gun laws"  I asked his Lt. Gov. running mate about gun issue and she said that she is with me...Her family are from Cuba where they confiscated the guns and then the land.

So, after Rauner did his little speech, I asked same question for a public statement...He did the usual politician song and dance and said we had enough laws, we need to strengthen our CC law...So I came back with "does that mean you would veto an assault weapons ban?  He danced around some more and I let him off the hook.

After the speech, he came back to me and started explaining he couldn't make that statement publicly and I stopped him by saying that I understood that he would get friend up north with that statement.  He assured me that he was with the gun owners.

My takeaway...

He isn't necessarily strong pro-gun but, I think he might be strong not-anti-gun.  He is a politician and NOTHING can be counted on and everything should be viewed with suspicion.  He can't make strong pro-2A statements and get elected.  Is he better than Quinn on guns?  LIGHT YEARS ahead of that piece of crap!  

For those that think we are better off with a stupid Quinn I have to say that is insane.  It doesn't take a genius to sign your name to a Veto of a good gun bill or sign a bad gun bill into law...

Quinn is rabidly anti-gun....Rauner claims not to be (and for the most part, I believe him)

We also had a brief meeting with one of the guys working on Rauner's campaign while we were in Springfield Tuesday.  He reiterated Rauner's position on guns as favorable...

I'm only describing what happened...it is up to the voters to decide where the real truth lies.

View Quote
LMAO!

Link Posted: 3/27/2014 8:20:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LMAO!  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My takeaway...

Quinn is stupid...Rauner is not as stupid.

LMAO!  

Fixed it.

I don't think Rauner wants to be owned by the unions because they don't like him. Anyway, thanks for the insight Swanhunter.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 8:39:01 AM EDT
[#3]
You may be right about the "fix"...jury is still out on him...but, I think Rauner is somewhat rich...if he "earned it" this would be some indicator of intelligence...But, you have to wonder why any intelligent person would go into politics?????
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 8:46:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for posting this Swanhunter.

Makes me feel a little better about voting in Nov.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 8:52:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You may be right about the "fix"...jury is still out on him...but, I think Rauner is somewhat rich...if he "earned it" this would be some indicator of intelligence...But, you have to wonder why any intelligent person would go into politics?????
View Quote

After you have money, you want power.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 9:14:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or just an ego boost. I think Rauner has enough money that he can buy whatever power he wants or needs. Don't get me wrong...I think having a successful man in the office is much better than having a guy who has a record of failure, as a rule.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 10:17:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep.  Agreed.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 10:22:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm going to choose to feel good about this.
As others have said,he has to be better than Quinn.
Thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 12:11:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm going to choose to feel good about this.
As others have said,he has to be better than Quinn.
Thanks for the update.
View Quote

I'm not sure about feeling "good", but I cannot vote for Quinn. No way...no how.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 1:18:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

In American, first you get da sugar, den you get da power, den you get da women!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti5AkLup1mI

Link Posted: 3/27/2014 3:25:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+another, thanks for getting out there and demanding answers Swanhunter
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 4:40:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Thanks, Swanhunter.

I will vote for Rauner.

Link Posted: 3/27/2014 5:38:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I appreciate the info, SwanHunter.  Just wondering, though, why couldn't you post this before the primary?  Because the ISRA endorsed Dillard?
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 6:17:59 PM EDT
[#14]
There will still be a lot of union people who vote lock step for Quinn, because they are told to vote for him.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 7:00:46 PM EDT
[#15]
I appreciate the info, SwanHunter. Just wondering, though, why couldn't you post this before the primary? Because the ISRA endorsed Dillard?
View Quote

The problem I had with posting this pre-primary is that I didn't want the post to be lost in all the hate debate of the primary.  It would seem silly to post the same message after the primary as the message would have been lost by the time the haters would have gotten finished beating up on Rauner...Plus, I was not excited about any of these guys and didn't want to have to defend any of them.

Now it is down to him or Quinn, I'll take on that fight to a greater degree.

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 2:08:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quinn is a total jackass!
voting for quinnocchio is not a option!!!

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 4:13:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
There will still be a lot of union people who vote lock step for Quinn, because they are told to vote for him.
View Quote

My father has already been advised of this, Unions are scared of Rauner.

Thanks for the update, I know where to cast my vote.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 4:37:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for the info SwanHunter.

Not all union guys vote in lockstep with the union leaders. I've been paying union dues for 27 years and I'll be voting Rauner. He's the least bad option.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 9:17:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

My takeaway...

View Quote

Mike
I agree more times with you than not .  However I am leaning on disagreeing with you on this .
Whats not to like about Quinn ?
He is an absolute Idiot .
He angers and pisses the General Assembly off and cant get anything done on is own or own ideas .
Incompetent and Inept again cannot get his own ideas done .
Proven Track track . Aint no surprises with Governor Jello Butt/Ass/Idjut
Rauner makes me too nervous the hair on the back of my neck stands straight out . He's rich so what is he up to and want , want to accomplish .
Thanks but no thanks at Present Governor Lard Ass is getting my vote unless I can be convinced otherwise
Carpenter local 97 29 years here and the Union has never ever controlled my vote PERIOD
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 10:18:34 AM EDT
[#20]
I understand where you are coming from...
Unions...some of my best friends are Union guys. I know how they vote (although I have heard them say "sometimes you have to vote your pocketbook".  However, those good voting Union members pay dues into a pool that goes to elect Ilk like Quinn.  There is no way around it...I know when they dumped large sums into his campaign last time.

As far as Quinn

For me it is as simple as a pen stroke.  He turns my pro-gun bills into a vetoed required super-majority vote count to pass...and turns any anti-gun bill into a simple majority legislative vote to pass....the difference between simple to super is huge....We had simple majority votes in our previous carry laws but, we had to have a super majority to over ride the governor...we couldn't get that done.

A gun registration law will almost pass with the Cook county democrats alone with Quinn at the helm.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 3:00:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I understand where you are coming from...
Unions...some of my best friends are Union guys. I know how they vote (although I have heard them say "sometimes you have to vote your pocketbook".  However, those good voting Union members pay dues into a pool that goes to elect Ilk like Quinn.  There is no way around it...I know when they dumped large sums into his campaign last time.

As far as Quinn

For me it is as simple as a pen stroke.  He turns my pro-gun bills into a vetoed required super-majority vote count to pass...and turns any anti-gun bill into a simple majority legislative vote to pass....the difference between simple to super is huge....We had simple majority votes in our previous carry laws but, we had to have a super majority to over ride the governor...we couldn't get that done.

A gun registration law will almost pass with the Cook county democrats alone with Quinn at the helm.
View Quote

Now you see this is Language I do understand .
But in that same sentence We do not know what Rauner would do if presented with it , Do We ??? Not saying this as bad thing but getting Quinn out and Rauner in is you, me , we  , us hope not  Correct ??????
I know i helped get Dillard well over 100 votes for the primary in St Clair County . I will put my Support in for Rauner . and will get more votes even if I have to drive voters to the polls
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 5:23:19 PM EDT
[#22]
When I hear Quinn's voice, it's Mayor Quimby from the Simpsons.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 6:04:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
When I hear Quinn's voice, it's Mayor Quimby from the Simpsons.
View Quote

Just my mere opinion but isn't that an insult to Mayor Quimby ???????? AND giving to much credit to the well you know whom
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 8:49:14 PM EDT
[#24]
It's reassuring to hear Rauner isn't *absolutely* anti-gun, but the appeal of Quinn, as mentioned, is that we KNOW he's completely and totally ineffective; I'm guessing he couldn't get a law against fire passed in a gasoline factory.

And while it's sad, the truth is that the best politician is (IMHO) the completely ineffective one...Rauner might be very effective.

Larry
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 5:44:33 AM EDT
[#25]
I feel very strongly that Rauner doesn't have an anti-gun agenda...I can't say how strong he is pro-gun....
Quinn will wet his pants to sign any anti-gun bill.
You don't have to be effective at getting things done to sign a piece of paper to make a bad gun bill law.
For me, it is a no-brainer as far as gun rights between the two.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 7:41:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I feel very strongly that Rauner doesn't have an anti-gun agenda...I can't say how strong he is pro-gun....
Quinn will wet his pants to sign any anti-gun bill.
You don't have to be effective at getting things done to sign a piece of paper to make a bad gun bill law.
For me, it is a no-brainer as far as gun rights between the two.  
View Quote

I'm sure you're right...I guess I just appreciate that fact that Pat 'Do'h!' Quinn can't do ANYTHING at this point; he doesn't seem like he can rally the Dem's in any way, on any issue. I admire that in an Illinois Governor. :)

But yet, when push comes to shove, better 2A 'neutral' than rapidly anti.

Larry
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 4:42:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Rauner is another Bloomberg.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 5:15:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

When has Bloomie ever hid his anti-gun agenda?

Larry
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 6:32:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Larry
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Larry

Wait and see.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 7:05:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Not even a hint? If there's something to know, it would be better to know BEFORE the election, wouldn't it?

Larry
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 8:28:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Wait and see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Larry

Wait and see.

Well then its time to look into Rauners campaign donars closely .
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 11:30:17 AM EDT
[#32]
I often refer to Quinn as Governor dumbass, but Don Wade on WLS radio called him Quinnoccio
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 1:14:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ok John  I just looked through 1201 contributors for Rauner . I have no idea what I am doing or looking for .
So if you Know something please Spit it out .
Or Someone please tell how, where and what to look for .
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 1:38:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Ok John  I just looked through 1201 contributors for Rauner . I have no idea what I am doing or looking for .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look at his past donations. At best, he's playing both sides (tilted to the dems), at worst he actually supports Rahm, Obutthole etc.

It's pretty telling that he will swear 2A support to swanhunter in private but won't in public. He's a fucking liar.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 2:22:17 PM EDT
[#35]
It's pretty telling that he will swear 2A support to swanhunter in private but won't in public. He's a fucking liar.
View Quote

This is where you complain about being told you don't  have a clue as to the process.

Is he a liar?  I don't know for sure.  But, I was pretty sure he wouldn't publicly declare his promise of vetoing any anti-gun bills as he wants to get elected and if he does make that public declaration he will most likely lose support in Crook county....  

This was the primary and I didn't have enough of a dog in the fight to want to protect any of the Republican candidates.  I was testing him...If he wasn't blatantly lying, he passed my little test.  If I had strongly supported him, I wouldn't have put him on the spot like that...I wouldn't do that to him now.  

I know what Quinn can do to us with his veto or lack of veto and anyone that doesn't see the danger that poses to our cause just doesn't have a clue.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 6:44:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Any way you slice it, Quinn MUST go!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top