Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2012 9:29:14 PM EDT
Those who have followed the scandal will be interested in this.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/09/robert-farago/atf-death-watch-75-atf-enabled-indiana-guns-went-to-chicago-gangs/

"I just got off the blower with Brent R. Weil [above] 0f Kightlinger and Gray, LLP. The Evansville, Indiana lawyer represents the [as yet unnamed] gun store that sold firearms to ATF-enabled straw purchasers
. “The ATF told my client to let the sales go through,” Mr. Weil told TTAG. “He later told me that the guns went to Chicago gangs.” In one case, a straw purchaser failed"

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 9:32:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm curious to know if this began around the same time Chicago's ban was terminated by the courts.

Link Posted: 7/13/2012 8:30:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 12:22:25 PM EDT
[#3]
More from the thread in GD.

" Gunrunner: Project “Gangwalker” allowed guns to be walked into…..Indiana? 

http://americaswatchtower.com/2011/09/07/gunrunner-project-gangwalker-allowed-guns-to-be-walked-into-indiana/

Exclusive Report: Documents indicate ATF, FBI allowed Indiana ‘crime gun’ sales 

Specifically, my client participated with and cooperated in certain law enforcement operations during 2009/2010 at the behest of ATFE enforcement officers from the Evansville, Indiana office (Agent Kevin Whittaker) and in the course of doing so, followed their instructions regarding the completion of certain transactions and the delivery of firearms to purchasers who did not clear the standard NICS [National Instant Check System] background check and were suspected of being involved in the purchase and transportation of handguns out of state despite passing NICS’s background checks. 

http://www.examiner.com/article/exclusive-report-documents-indicate-atf-fbi-allowed-indiana-crime-gun-sales

Codrea Exclusive: "Project Gangwalker?" More gunwalking –– in INDIANA! FBI manipulated NICS system in favor of felons, AGAIN! What did Traver know? 

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2011/09/codrea-exclusive-project-gangwalker.html

Mainstream media ignores Indiana ‘Gangwalker’ story "

http://www.examiner.com/article/mainstream-media-ignores-indiana-gunwalker-story

Link Posted: 7/16/2012 12:56:51 PM EDT
[#4]
First I have heard of this.
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 4:12:04 PM EDT
[#5]
It's completely overshadowed by F&F. Once these guns get raced to some homicides, that's when the metal will meet the flesh. 200-300 dead Mexicans will not compare to any of the children (literally 10 and under) who have been getting killed in Chicago. Where's Phleger now?

Link Posted: 7/17/2012 12:31:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I bet it was Strictly Shooting. I was told by a merchant near SS, that the ATF was there for a few days a few months ago and had the shop closed.

Now they may have been fixing regulations on the indoor range, but this seems to be too much of a coincidence...hope I'm wrong. I've heard the SS owner is a good guy, but he has had some goons there on the counter.

Link Posted: 7/17/2012 3:51:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't think th shop is in trouble. I think their lawyer slammed the door on the ATF at the first sign of trouble, most likely because of how F&F progressed they were probably expecting this to happen sooner or later and were ready for it.

Link Posted: 7/17/2012 8:22:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I bet it was Strictly Shooting. I was told by a merchant near SS, that the ATF was there for a few days a few months ago and had the shop closed.

Now they may have been fixing regulations on the indoor range, but this seems to be too much of a coincidence...hope I'm wrong. I've heard the SS owner is a good guy, but he has had some goons there on the counter.

no it was not ss, it was another shop, i know who, but i wont tell, this story is almost a year old now, just resurfacing

if you knew more about this story, you'd hate the batfe even more!

Link Posted: 7/17/2012 5:01:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

no it was not ss, it was another shop, i know who, but i wont tell, this story is almost a year old now, just resurfacing

if you knew more about this story, you'd hate the batfe even more!

I doubt it. They're the worst of the worst.

Link Posted: 7/22/2012 3:09:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm bumping this because it's going to end up being important to us Indiana gun owners. The ATF was running an op to make our state laws look responsible for the violence in Chicago. In other words we were being framed. We have some of th best gun laws in the country (minus the SBS) and they were trying to make us look bad.

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 7:08:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I thought guns were illegal in Chicago?  I mean, how could they have a problem since they've already "fixed" it?

</sarcasm>

Seriously, though.  What do you suggest be done to counter this nonsense?

Link Posted: 7/28/2012 6:37:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Seriously, though.  What do you suggest be done to counter this nonsense?

Good question.
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 12:56:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Get the word out. Share the links with local TV and radio stations, most have a "tips" section on their websites. I've been hitting news stations in Chicago. Maybe if they report it we can get some serious outcry from the victims themselves.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top