Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2012 11:08:09 AM EDT
I know we have some very conservative politicians in our state...as well as a few idiot liberals.  

Lets identify the liberal ones such as Clyburn...and start focusing on what we can do to get these turds out.  Can you imagine the imact if Clyburn was shown the door?  

Let's list them here...as well as when they are for reelection...we could add more people to fight against these libtards thru voter registration, phone calls, public speaking, etc.  

Anyone care to join me?  

Link Posted: 12/31/2012 11:42:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Clyburn will never be replaced with a conservative.  He presides over the 6th district which was purposely zoned to be the black district.  

Black folks have been brainwashed by the democrats to think republicans are racist and uncaring of anyone but the rich.  As long as the sixth district is majority black (and it will always be), and until more blacks turn conservative, Clyburn or another dem will always hold that office going forward. Let's work on replacing our state liberals with conservatives, which will whittle away at the chances of having liberal national representation.

Conservative leadership needs to better get the point across that they are not for the rich, but about giving everyone the same opportunities to succeed. That we need to help people learn how to fish for a lifetime instead of giving them fish for a day. That laziness shouldnt be rewarded, and that all unemployed are not there due to laziness.  And you need a charismatic black person with some celebrity cred to get that message across. That is how you get blacks to turn conservative.

But good luck with that. I know first hand how hard it is to get black folks to realize the democrat farce for what it is.

Try and try and try, but barring some genocidal viral plague, we will probably not see the 6th district turn conservative in our lifetimes.

Link Posted: 12/31/2012 3:40:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Clyburn will never be replaced with a conservative.  He presides over the 6th district which was purposely zoned to be the black district.  

Black folks have been brainwashed by the democrats to think republicans are racist and uncaring of anyone but the rich.  As long as the sixth district is majority black (and it will always be), and until more blacks turn conservative, Clyburn or another dem will always hold that office going forward. Let's work on replacing our state liberals with conservatives, which will whittle away at the chances of having liberal national representation.

Conservative leadership needs to better get the point across that they are not for the rich, but about giving everyone the same opportunities to succeed. That we need to help people learn how to fish for a lifetime instead of giving them fish for a day. That laziness shouldnt be rewarded, and that all unemployed are not there due to laziness.  And you need a charismatic black person with some celebrity cred to get that message across. That is how you get blacks to turn conservative.

But good luck with that. I know first hand how hard it is to get black folks to realize the democrat farce for what it is.

Try and try and try, but barring some genocidal viral plague, we will probably not see the 6th district turn conservative in our lifetimes.

Then start looking now for the veteran African American Colonel West of SC.   He's there somewhere and is the way to turn the tide.  Texas and SC are the only places I would consider a move right now and SC is the likely place.  

Link Posted: 12/31/2012 3:49:41 PM EDT
[#3]
We need to find someone who can take out Goober (Graham) in the primary.
Link Posted: 12/31/2012 3:56:03 PM EDT
[#4]
i feel your pain, and think we need to do something, but how can we change things? short of re-drawing the districts, and that will happen when the pigs fly...

Link Posted: 12/31/2012 6:48:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This.  

Graham is the benchmark for all things RINO.
Link Posted: 12/31/2012 7:46:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  

concur.
Link Posted: 12/31/2012 8:43:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.  

concur.

At least he is against the Assault weapons ban.

Link Posted: 1/1/2013 3:48:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  

concur.

At least he is against the Assault weapons ban.

He is in that window where he needs to start thinking about reelection, so he let his conservative side out of the closet.

Go find the videos of him talking about how he wasn't going to challenge Obama's appointments of Kagan and Sotomayor.  Those are two of the LEAST qualified people I've ever seen appointed to the SCOTUS, and he rolled over and abdicated his responsibility for vetting them.  Checks and balances, indeed.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 7:52:54 AM EDT
[#9]
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-locally/grassroots/write-your-reps.aspx

In case anyone missed it in GD HERE, you can write all of your reps at one time using the link at the top.  Just put in your zip code and there will be a selection to write all of the fed or all of the state reps at one time.

I know it doesn't really help getting rid of the ones in office that need to be voted out, but it will at least let them know where we stand.  In the case of Graham, he probably needs his interns to remind him not to support a AWB.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 8:53:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

In case anyone missed it in GD HERE, you can write all of your reps at one time using the link at the top.  Just put in your zip code and there will be a selection to write all of the fed or all of the state reps at one time.

I know it doesn't really help getting rid of the ones in office that need to be voted out, but it will at least let them know where we stand.  In the case of Graham, he probably needs his interns to remind him not to support a AWB.  

Heads-up, that link doesnt include clyburn; you'll have to use his site, which only accepts emails from those who have addresses (including zip+4) in the 6th district.  Just grab a phone book, look at the map, and select the address of anyone in the 6th district you want to use.  There's a good chance you pick someone who never writes to congressmen/senators anyway.

The problem I have with getting behind the NRA is that there is a significant number of paid members who dont truly understand what 2nd amendment rights are for, and are either actively or passively for magazine limits and/or AWBs.  Hell, even Michael Moore is a lifetime member...
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:01:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I agree with getting Graham out, he is the ultimate RINO. He will say conservative things for a year or two before his primary, then go right back to RINO mode for the next 4-5 years.

I despise Clyburn, but as previously pointed out, he is in a gerrymandered district that is currently impossible to elect a conservative candidate, no matter what color. BUT, that greatly concentrated black vote in one district makes it possible for all other districts to stay conservative republican. It honestly probably helps Republicans more than it hurts. Of course it sucks for the minority of conservatives that live in the 6th district.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 10:04:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone willing to run for local office, such as a municipal or county council?  A few of my friends and I have discussed this and it seems like a pretty good way to start gaining some real influence.  For example, me and two other guys, if we could win, would control 3 of 12 seats on the county council, thus owning 25% of the votes on the council.  Will we actually do it?  Maybe, maybe not, but have any of you guys ever thought about running for local (or even state) office?
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 7:31:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Done, It's really quite easy and everyone here should do it. I'm in Clyburn's District and really did want him to hear from me.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 5:56:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Graham does support a magazine restriction...
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 6:29:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If they stopped selling  coke and cheating on their wives it would be easier.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 6:01:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Graham does support a magazine restriction...

I thought he was against any AWB?  Source?

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:35:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Trying to break Clyburn's gerrymandered district is a waste of time.

His district consists of some of the poorest counties in the state which largely vote dem combined with large urban black/democrat populations of N. Charleston and Columbia.

Clyburn's opponent from 1998 to 2006 was Gary McLeod (Manning) and he was a joke.

Link Posted: 1/4/2013 6:11:17 AM EDT
[#18]
This congressional district map is old... from when we had only 6 districts. But we now have 7. Clyburn's district got reduced in size.  His is the light blue district on this map.
http://fitsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/sc-congressional-districts.jpg
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:31:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Here's my reply from Clyburn today. He will be of no help, as we expected.
I had gotten a canned resopnse from him and Graham earlier.

January 9, 2013

Dear mica53:

Thank you for contacting me regarding gun control.  This is an issue which has evoked passion from well-meaning citizens on both sides of the debate, and I welcome the opportunity to respond to your concerns.

As part of the Bill of Rights, the Second Amendment is a vital protection of the freedoms enjoyed by American citizens, and I agree it should be not be infringed.  The Supreme Court has held that just like other freedoms guaranteed by the Bill of Rights, the right to bear arms can be regulated to ensure public safety.  I believe we can and should examine ways to keep dangerous weapons out of the hands of those who would use them to commit criminal acts while at the same time safeguarding the rights of law-abiding gun owners.

Thank you again for taking the time to write me.  If I can ever be of any assistance to you or your family please do not hesitate to contact me.

With kindest regards, I am,

Sincerely,

James E. Clyburn
Member of Congress
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:42:06 PM EDT
[#20]
I have Mr. Joe Wilson Few more mins id be in another dist.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 6:04:32 PM EDT
[#21]
I had gotten a canned resopnse from him and Graham earlier.

I got the exact same experience. I am bothered by the fact that graham's email was right behind clyburn's; as if they were processed through the same software.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top