User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/8/2012 9:43:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Tagscribe.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 10:35:35 PM EDT
[#2]
im in. can bring food supplies money what ever.

rich

pm me fof what you need
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 1:41:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I just IM'ed you Forrest. I can be of some help in contacting some vendors and helping coordinate some things if needed.
Link Posted: 5/8/2012 12:47:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Is this the shoot that almost got shooting on private land in York township shut down last year?  If so, how are we being better neighbors this year?
Link Posted: 5/8/2012 8:01:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is this the shoot that almost got shooting on private land in York township shut down last year?  If so, how are we being better neighbors this year?

Yup that's the one. And hopefully some of our guns will be quieter this year.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 12:02:55 PM EDT
[#6]
How'd I miss this thread until now?

I think we have plans that weekend, but I'll check with the wife and see if we can reschedule 'em to free it up.

I'll get in touch with Forrest if I'm goig to be available to help.
Link Posted: 5/24/2012 2:54:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey guys, I have been talking to Forrest. He is extremely busy this year. I would like to get a tally of who is coming and what we can expect. It looks like if we pull this off it will be at an actual shooting range in Albion. For this to happen, we all need to get together and take care of some things. I am willing to do most of the leg work if we get some others willing to help out. I can contact vendors and set up a some shooting activities.

I wasn't able to go last year because of work so anyone that went that could help give me some ideas would be appreciated.

Email is the fastest way to get a hold of me, and I live in Jackson.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 2:08:47 PM EDT
[#8]
So far, I have emailed Battle Comp, Battle Arms Development and Magpul.

I have heard back from Battle Comp and Battle Arms Development within 10 minutes of emailing them and they were both willing to donate some prizes and BC talked about possible sponsorship!

Thanks BC and BAD!
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 2:11:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 5:16:18 PM EDT
[#10]
BAD is a great company and has sponsored other shoots that i have been to. Their products are truly top notch and they are a company that supports the industry in many ways.

Great to see them on board! thank you!
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 6:32:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/31/2012 12:33:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thank you guys for thinking of us, we're honored

We consider it our duty to support those that support us, be it our civilian users or military, LE, firefighters, EMT personnel (active or retired), it's one of our ways of saying thank you and giving back.

You all have a safe and fun shoot  

Thanks Battle Arms Development! You guys are great and I will definitely continue to do business with you all.

Link Posted: 5/31/2012 12:39:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Some more contacts I made today are Larue, Shootsteel and AIM Surplus.

Nate made contacts to Wideners, Shockwave Targets, Midwest Industries, Cope's Distributing, Palmetto State Armory, DPMS, and Spike's Tactical.

Link Posted: 5/31/2012 9:34:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Is Albion the final destination?
Link Posted: 6/1/2012 4:38:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yes
Link Posted: 6/1/2012 2:13:00 PM EDT
[#16]
AIM just sent a package our way with a bunch of ammo, t-shirts, cleaning kit and some packs!

Thanks AIM! Pictures to come when it arrives
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 4:17:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes

Would that be Spectacle Lake?
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 7:41:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes

Would that be Spectacle Lake?

Yes
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 3:19:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Battle Arms Development (Duffy) sent this package the day after I emailed him for us to give away in the raffle and shooting match. Thanks B.A.D.!

Contents include:
3 B.A.D. Ambi Safety Selector
2 Hats
3 T-shirts
3 Patches
3 Magnets

These BAD ASS devices rock BTW. I have one on my personal rifle.

Link Posted: 6/4/2012 3:25:31 PM EDT
[#20]
AIM Surplus also shipped a package immediately after contacting them. Thank you Bryan for being the go to on this!

It was hard to get everything they sent in one picture but I made it work.

Contents include:

A pile of t-shirts (I counted 19)
2 OTIS M16/AR15 cleaning kits
4 Drago Gear shoulder packs
900 rounds of Federal .223 ammunition. There are 30, 30 round boxes on stripper clips.

Link Posted: 6/4/2012 3:30:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Here is a package that Nathan received from Slide Fire stocks.

It includes:

1 Slidefire AR15 stock, Gen 2
A few tshirts
1 banner
10 pens
10 Bottle openers
10 keychains

Link Posted: 6/7/2012 2:26:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Nate got a package from A.R.M.S. today that was LOADED with stuff. A huge thank you to ARMS for the package. You all out did yourself.

Contents included the following:
Low front sight: 5
Low Rear sight: 5
Low front & Low rear sight set: 5
A.R.M.S. Swan Sling, black: 5
A.R.M.S. Swan Sling, coyote: 5
Catalog: 20
A.R.M.S T-Shirt Assorted colors and sizes: 19

Link Posted: 6/7/2012 9:01:18 PM EDT
[#23]
I want to thank everyone who has stepped up to make this year's event happen! And a special thank you to all of this year's event sponsers!!!!!!

I will suggest that one of you go to the archives and dig up last years list of what is needed and post it here and we can go ahead and post in the thread here who will take responsibility for what..........

i.e.
R.O. 's
food
etc.

I still have a bunch of wristbands from last year
1 for admission paid and singed waivers
1 for safety brief

i should still have the raeffle tickets from last year too.

It will be a hot one this year! canopies are suggested, sunblock etc.
Lots of hydration, there is already a port-a-potty on site @ SLOC, we should ask the administrators to see if we can arrange for a service the day before and after our event.

so everyone please step-up and make suggestions here, remember this is OUR event and only WE can make it safe and successful!

I am very proud @ the level of involvement that some of you have taken on! I really enjoyed working on this event last year, and I wish thai I could do more this year, but I am just booked solid w/ work and Patriot Defense Training, and MDFI. I don't get as much opportunity to stopo in here as much either, so if you must get in touch with me please direct comms to [email protected].

Thank you all!!!

Brad
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 9:11:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Someone should post a link to this thread up over on the ACTS board. And I will get the guys from the Gun Barn 2 tactical to check in here also.
We would like to have one of the ranges set-up as an ACTS stage or a skills challenge for prizes.........

We need to get Jake Mckenzie out there too for some NFA demos as well.

We should be able to get some other goodies out there from Schupbach's like last year-

any other suggestions are welcome!

We need some GOOD photography and video for further promotion for the following years and positive press.......

Some of the training companies will be sponsoring the event with training certificates to add to the prize pool.

Has some one contacted the AR15.com Site Staff yet?

I will get with Steve Fisher of Magpul Dynamics for some goodies..........

Is anyone in with any of the USPSA or IDPA orgs?

The NRA has extended their support for our event and will be sending some support our way!!! THANK YOU NRA!!!

Brad

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 1:49:59 AM EDT
[#25]
forrest0872

I sent you an IM regarding sponsors.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 5:34:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
forrest0872

I sent you an IM regarding sponsors.

replied, please sent future comms. to CNZ302!!! thanks.

He has stepped up to coordinate this year, and he will need all the help and support that we can give.

Brad

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 7:23:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Thanks Brad, I will be talking with you soon on some things.

For anyone willing to help can so I can get a tally of who can do what, please email me at [email protected]. I'm Chad.

I will also put a link up on the ACTS board, I am in the midst of thinking up a couple stages like ACTS (2 gun) possibly having one each day.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 12:00:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Since I've never been to one of the shoots before could somebody put up an planned itinerary and maybe a corresponding list guns and ammo suggested for the various events. I'm hoping to make it out, as of right now I'm scheduled to work but I think that little hurdle can be overcome.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 4:44:22 PM EDT
[#29]
CNZ302

I sent ya a PM about sponsor info.
Link Posted: 6/10/2012 6:32:29 AM EDT
[#30]
I missed last years range day and almost forgot about this years. Any way someone could give me directions to the range, day, time? I'm from Lake Orion and I'm sure its going to be a poke for me.

Oh is there going to be nite shooting too? Haven't even used my PVS-14 on my rifle yet.
Link Posted: 6/10/2012 3:35:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Dates are July 7-8 (overnight rustic camping) and its in Albion, MI. The place is called Spectacle Lake Outdoor Club. I can get the address later.

Not sure about the night shooting yet, still working out the details. We have to be considerate of the range rules and everything.
Link Posted: 6/10/2012 4:40:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Is full auto fire allowed?
Link Posted: 6/10/2012 8:22:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Yes, full auto will be fine.
Link Posted: 6/11/2012 6:28:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Rainer Arms , Primary Arms, & Vortex Optics were all contacted via e-mail today.  I'll advise on their response.  I still have yet to contact a few other companies.
Link Posted: 6/12/2012 3:01:39 PM EDT
[#35]
I just got a package in from Battle Comp Enterprises!

Thanks Alan and John!

Contents:

Battle Comp 1.0
Battle Comp hat
Stickers (assorted)
Cards

Link Posted: 6/12/2012 3:05:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Nate got a package today from Trijicon. Upon contacting Trijicon about the event, they mentioned that funds for events such as this were gone for the year. But since we are both from Michigan they would come up with something. We weren't expecting to get this!

Thank you Trijicon!

Link Posted: 6/13/2012 12:56:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Nate got a package today from Trijicon. Upon contacting Trijicon about the event, they mentioned that funds for events such as this were gone for the year. But since we are both from Michigan they would come up with something. We weren't expecting to get this!

Thank you Trijicon!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/zdogg/Trijicon4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/zdogg/Trijicon2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/zdogg/Trijicon3.jpg

That Trijicon would fit right on my AR pistol. Was going to get an Eotech but this might be a better fit, them being from Michigan. Any idea what they are being sold for?
Are they NV compatible?

Link Posted: 6/13/2012 4:50:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
That Trijicon would fit right on my AR pistol. Was going to get an Eotech but this might be a better fit, them being from Michigan. Any idea what they are being sold for?
Are they NV compatible?

Trijicon RM02 with the RM33 picatinny mount in the picture, $615. http://www.opticsplanet.net/trijicon-rmr-red-dot-sight-led-with-8-0-moa-red-dot.html
Link Posted: 6/13/2012 12:48:57 PM EDT
[#39]
CNZ302, great score!  You have mail BTW sir.
I just sent an e-mail off to Larue Tactical.
Link Posted: 6/13/2012 2:44:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
CNZ302, great score!  You have mail BTW sir.
I just sent an e-mail off to Larue Tactical.

Thank Nate on that one, he was the one that contacted Trijicon

Got your message. Replying now, just trying to come up with the list of everyone we have contacted.
Link Posted: 6/13/2012 3:24:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Here are all of the companies already contacted. If anyone would like to help and contact someone, please email me at [email protected] for a copy of the sample letter. Thanks!

YHM
Liberty Cans
Larue Tactical
Gemtech Suppressors
ShootSteel.com
Battle Arms Development
BattleComp
AIM Surplus
Raven Concealment
SKD TAC
SWFA
AR15.com
Surefire
BladeHQ
Bravo Company Manufacturing
Luckygunner.com
NRA
Schupbach's sporting goods
Magpul
SilencerCo
Slide Fire Solutions
Geiselle Triggers
Shockwave Targets
StrikeMark
Life, Liberty, Etc.
TNVC (Tactical Night Vision Company)
Spike's Tactical
Aimpoint
FosTech Outdoors (DefendAR15 bumpfire Stock)
LMT (Lewis Machine & Tool)
CAA (Command Arms)
The Mako Group
Ergo Grips
Doublestar
milspec monkey
RockRiverArms
A.R.M.S. Mounts
Trijicon
CrimsonTrace
M A Parts Inc
Bushnell
CMMG
DPMS
Palmetto State Armory
Model 1 Sales
CMC Triggers
Valkyrie Armament
Specialized Tactical
Zombie Industries
Del-Ton
Wideners
Link Posted: 6/13/2012 4:35:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Steve Fisher has generously donated some MDFI training certificates.
I will also have some training certificates to add to the prize pool.
I will also, aquire some prizes from Kevin and Bryan @ Schupbach's.
I'm Sure that Keith From Liberty Defense Training will kick in a few too.
I will also ask Trek from MDFI/BCPS to donate some training certs.
I will ask for some support from Korean Martial Arts Academy of Jackson.

I will be attending on Sat. But I have Classes on Sun.

Brad
Link Posted: 6/13/2012 4:38:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I missed last years range day and almost forgot about this years. Any way someone could give me directions to the range, day, time? I'm from Lake Orion and I'm sure its going to be a poke for me.

Oh is there going to be nite shooting too? Haven't even used my PVS-14 on my rifle yet.

Bring them.........
Link Posted: 6/13/2012 4:40:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
In Forrest!

Jake

We missed you last year Jake! Thank you in advanced for your support and attendance!!!!!

I'm sure you will have pleanty of NFA to demo and sell..............

Brad -
Link Posted: 6/14/2012 6:07:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Shockwave Exploding Targets sent us 59 lbs of targets to have fun with! Thank you Shockwave!

Link Posted: 6/15/2012 7:55:42 PM EDT
[#46]
arcticwarrior has been helping contact some vendors and Vortex sent him a Sparc, hat and t-shirt! Thank you for the support Vortex!

Link Posted: 6/16/2012 6:54:12 PM EDT
[#47]
A few more things guys and gals.

We are going to try to provide some food for the days but we would like everyone to bring a passing dish for each day you attend. This way we will have plenty of food for everyone.  

Anybody that can bring a cooler of bottled water to share would be appreciated. I will be bringing a couple of coolers with a few cases of water and ice in them.

We also need some tables. Does anyone have a hookup? I have a truck that can transport some.

Still looking for anyone to be a Range Officer. I would like to do it in shifts so that everyone has a chance to join the festivities. I will fill some time for one spot as an R.O. Anyone else want to volunteer?

This year should be a great time and I just found out we have a camera guy taking pictures and video. There will be waivers for people that do not want their picture or video and he can edit you out if that is what you choose.
Link Posted: 6/18/2012 6:19:37 AM EDT
[#48]
I don't see it as a problem for me getting the time off.  I'll volunteer as an RSO.  

ALSO, Rainer Arms & Primary Arms have not responded to my e-mails for donations.  I'll try to follow up with them later today and report back.
Link Posted: 6/19/2012 2:08:14 AM EDT
[#49]
OK, I couldn't sleep, so I got up early and sent out some more e-mails requesting donations.  Here is my complete list.  I will let everyone know who has responded and if someone graciously sends a donation, I'll post a pic up in here of what they sent, for all the world to see.  See VORTEX OPTICS and their generous donations so far from my list.

Ammunition Storage Components
Black Dog Machine
Blue Force Gear
Brownells
Cavalry Manufacturing
Command Arms
DSG Arms
Damage Industries
Elezetta Design
GG&G
Impact Weapons Components
Midwest Industries
Mission Adapted Design
Mission First Tactical
Nikon Sport Optics
NumaSport Optics
Primary Arms
Rainer Arms
Revision
Sampson Manufacturing
Talon Arms
Troy Ind
Veriforce Tactical
Tapco
Vortex Optics –––– Donated
HOGAN GUNS
Diamond Head Sights
Eberlestock
Jard Inc.
PK Firearms
CDNN
AZ Silencer Shop
Valhalla Tactical
Centerfire
VooDoo Tactical
Tactical Tailor
Tactical Dist.
Opsgear
Blackhawk
Tactical Solutions
Harris Tactical
Condor
Texas Tactical Gear
Tactical & Rescue Gear
Botach tactical
Mechanix Wear
Maxpedition
US Tactical Supply
Wiley X Eyewear
Military Warfighter
BDS Tactical
Cold Steel
CRKT
Link Posted: 6/19/2012 10:08:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
A few more things guys and gals.

We are going to try to provide some food for the days but we would like everyone to bring a passing dish for each day you attend. This way we will have plenty of food for everyone.  

Anybody that can bring a cooler of bottled water to share would be appreciated. I will be bringing a couple of coolers with a few cases of water and ice in them.

We also need some tables. Does anyone have a hookup? I have a truck that can transport some.

Still looking for anyone to be a Range Officer. I would like to do it in shifts so that everyone has a chance to join the festivities. I will fill some time for one spot as an R.O. Anyone else want to volunteer?

This year should be a great time and I just found out we have a camera guy taking pictures and video. There will be waivers for people that do not want their picture or video and he can edit you out if that is what you choose.

Looks like I'll be there at least on Sat.  I would be happy to RSO again as well
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top