Page / 48
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 11:11:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Justin_Sain:
They forgot front yards, backyards, driveways and side yards
View Quote
How about sidewalks?

Anyway, I dropped off my paperwork 9/16.

My references got form letters 9/21 advising them that  I was applying for a FID and or purchase permits even
though I've had a FID for over 20 years. No mention of a permit to carry.

Got printed in Staten Island 9/23.

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 12:01:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Demeroma:
How about sidewalks?

Anyway, I dropped off my paperwork 9/16.

My references got form letters 9/21 advising them that  I was applying for a FID and or purchase permits even
though I've had a FID for over 20 years. No mention of a permit to carry.

Got printed in Staten Island 9/23.

View Quote

Dropped my stuff off on 9/12, fingerprinted next day in PA.

The local cop shop got my paperwork out of there ASAP. Refs were contacted immediately. My money order still has not been cashed. I'm hoping mid to late Oct.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 1:03:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#3]
I would've dropped off my paperwork sooner but I followed the NJSP guidelines to call and not just show up.
After several days of calling and leaving voicemails I got ticked off and went down to the records department
to get an appointment. Saw the clerk and she said that no appointment was necessary!  Asked her why no one was answering the phones
and she apologized about having phone system troubles and that they were forced to change their phone numbers but haven't
updated their phone numbers yet online. Fair enough because my town built a new town hall and police department and
they just finished moving into the new building and are still working on ironing out the kinks.

Middletown Township in Monmouth county if anyone cares.

ETA: yep, the same town the guv has a mansion on the Navesink.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 3:27:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Ha, yeah I called too and the officer I spoke with told me to just come down. So I promptly went down and the detective was hot and bothered. Asking me why I just showed up.

Despite that, he was cooler than any other time I had to go in for firearms paperwork. The last time I went in for permits was 2016. A lot seems to have changed since then, the runaround game appears to be over and done with. Thankfully.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 9:14:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By KnuckleSandwich:

NJ is more cunning than NY, they're going to implement this in a way that is harder to challenge. Unlike NY, they didn't use a bill that would effectively contradict everything stated in Bruen, ie ban carry essentially everywhere. The way it's written a legal challenge would be less certain.

Regarding permit issuance, according to the folks at GFH, at least some counties are issuing. A few of the staff there already had their permits issued. I submitted my paperwork about 2 weeks ago (Morris county). I'm expecting it to be issued, albeit with ridiculous restrictions.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheTallest:

Yup, I made a thread about this last night. Yay more lawsuits that will take years to clear up.

Either way… no one’s issuing permits anyway.

NJ is more cunning than NY, they're going to implement this in a way that is harder to challenge. Unlike NY, they didn't use a bill that would effectively contradict everything stated in Bruen, ie ban carry essentially everywhere. The way it's written a legal challenge would be less certain.

Regarding permit issuance, according to the folks at GFH, at least some counties are issuing. A few of the staff there already had their permits issued. I submitted my paperwork about 2 weeks ago (Morris county). I'm expecting it to be issued, albeit with ridiculous restrictions.

I'm in Sussex and from what I'm hearing the county has issued zero which is weird to me. 8 have not sent my paperwork in.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 10:58:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#6]
The last time I went in for permits was 2016. A lot seems to have changed since then, the runaround game appears to be over and done with. Thankfully.
View Quote

Anthony Colandro disagrees  

Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:23:10 PM EDT
[#7]

I'm in Sussex and from what I'm hearing the county has issued zero which is weird to me. 8 have not sent my paperwork in.
View Quote

Scuttlebutt is that Sussex co. just approved some permits. Guess that'll be verified soon enough when people have the permits in hand.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 5:57:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Guy in know in Lyndhurst went and picked his permit up today.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Any restrictions or a court order he needs to carry with his permit?
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 7:14:11 PM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes

Don't know I haven't talked to him since he picked it up. I'll find out on Wednesday when I see him again.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 1:14:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:36:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Just talked to my customer, he has no restrictions on his permit nor a court order.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:46:14 AM EDT
[#13]
That's good to hear.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:29:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Anyone in Sussex county issued one yet , from what I hear they are swamped and there  is a backlog ,  apparently they are doing 20/25 a day
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:04:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#15]
Originally Posted By creeper45:
Anyone in Sussex county issued one yet , from what I hear they are swamped and there  is a backlog ,  apparently they are doing 20/25 a day
View Quote

I’m in Sussex county but have not applied yet mainly because there’s a lot of conflicting information on whether or not Sussex has even issued any yet. Some days you hear they are, other days they say they’re not.

I have to go through the njsp anyway and am confused on the municipal code part of the paperwork. So I’m just sitting on it. This entire process needs to be streamlined.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:14:27 AM EDT
[#16]

I'm in Sussex county but have not applied yet mainly because there's a lot of conflicting information on whether or not Sussex has even issued any yet. Some days you hear they are, other days they say they're not.

I have to go through the njsp anyway and am confused on the municipal code part of the paperwork. So I'm just sitting on it. This entire process needs to be streamlined.
View All Quotes

I'm in Sussex county but have not applied yet mainly because there's a lot of conflicting information on whether or not Sussex has even issued any yet. Some days you hear they are, other days they say they're not.

I have to go through the njsp anyway and am confused on the municipal code part of the paperwork. So I'm just sitting on it. This entire process needs to be streamlined.
My paperwork has been sitting on a desk in superior court for 5 weeks , I figured of all the counties that Sussex would be the one to process them the quickest .
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 2:00:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:59:43 PM EDT
[#18]
My paperwork has been sitting on a desk in superior court for 5 weeks , I figured of all the counties that Sussex would be the one to process them the quickest .
View Quote

I figured there would be a mad rush, so I'm waiting.

Where/what course did you take?
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 5:00:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#19]
Originally Posted By NZT:
A friend of mine in Fair Lawn got his like a month ago, I see him occasionally. He had to be one of the first in Bergen County. There are Zero restrictions on his CCW Permit.

I don't have any links but have been told a few douche nozzles have shown up at the Garden State Plaza with outside carrying - of course "Man with a Gun" had the Popo show and sort out. Apparently the jerk(s) were let go, but (save me the 2nd Amendment stuff) CCW says just that Conceal Carry says what it is. If it was a shall issue Carry Permit I would say then all things equal Firearm CCW or outrigged is all good.

=)
View Quote

I thought new jersey was just a permit to carry and there is no distinction of open carry or concealed. How are they jerks of they're exercising their right to carry? The people you need to be mad at are the fucking communists who called the cops on them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 5:01:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Sc0tt:

View All Quotes

Gun For Hire
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 5:04:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Gun For Hire
View Quote

I did GFH also. RTSP in Randolph is also offering, both at exploitative pricing, FYI.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 6:16:26 PM EDT
[#22]

I did GFH also. RTSP in Randolph is also offering, both at exploitative pricing, FYI.
View All Quotes
Gun For Hire

They are all looking to make money off this
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:25:29 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

i figured that'd be the case.

thank both of you for the info.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 11:50:02 AM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

2 handguns at GFH was around $210 if I remember right
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 5:07:17 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

that's actually kind of reasonable IMO.

I guess i'll be setting that up for the wife and myself soon. I just need her to get some more range time in....and i'm probably getting her a new handgun for Christmas, so i guess it's gonna be after the holiday
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 11:26:12 AM EDT
[#26]

I guess i'll be setting that up for the wife and myself soon. I just need her to get some more range time in....and i'm probably getting her a new handgun for Christmas, so i guess it's gonna be after the holiday
View All Quotes

They also offer the 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 photo, I think it was  $25  , for your info , the 1 1/2 they require is different than passport , I was at the pd dropping my stuff off and they had a guy there bringing the correct size to replace the passport pics
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 3:22:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Tracking # on my money order says its been cashed so I got that going for me .
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 3:42:53 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

You're one step closer than you were before so that's a plus. I only applied less than a month ago but  still
keep checking daily to see if my money order was cashed or not. Nope, still not cashed.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 4:07:05 PM EDT
[#29]

You're one step closer than you were before so that's a plus. I only applied less than a month ago but  still
keep checking daily to see if my money order was cashed or not. Nope, still not cashed.
View All Quotes

This was cashed in the last week, hopefully it's a good sign
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 11:24:21 PM EDT
[#30]
I applied 3 weeks ago this past Tuesday. Money order still not cashed.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 2:01:21 PM EDT
[#31]
I applied 3 weeks ago this past Tuesday. Money order still not cashed.
View Quote
About 7 weeks before mine cashed ,
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 12:15:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Side note, you can track when a money order is cashed?
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 6:07:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By VooDoo3dfx:
View Quote
Yes, the receipt from the Postal M.O. has the serial # and office  number , go to the USPS site , find the M.O. link and punch in the info .
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 4:22:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By VooDoo3dfx:
View Quote

Just checked mine, still not cashed.

Check Money Order Status
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 5:03:22 PM EDT
[#35]
I always got mine from Walmart. Didn't know with USPS you could do that.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 2:43:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Not that this should come as a surprise to anyone here:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 3:19:31 PM EDT
[#37]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/183521/Screenshot_20221013-144138_png-2561643.JPG
View Quote

I have nothing coc to say.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 3:29:58 PM EDT
[#38]
I emailed all the legislators earlier and 5 or 6 already replied saying they would vote against any anti 2A bills
but only crickets from all the rest.

Here's a non paywalled NY Times article about NJ ccw and what NJ wants to do about it.

Hoping to Carry a Gun in New Jersey?

Link Posted: 10/13/2022 3:54:21 PM EDT
[#39]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/183521/Screenshot_20221013-144138_png-2561643.JPG
View Quote

It's all hot air until it's signed by snaggle tooth himself.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Has anybody actually gotten the permit yet?? I thought I would have seen a few if not some I got mines… lol
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Most of these are the same kind of restrictions fir which a TRO was granted, prior to what will more than likely be a permanent injunction against enforcement, due to constitutional violations under Bruen.  The NJ legislature is just throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks.  Very, very little will.

But yes - it's certainly not unexpected, and it will take time to get sorted out.  Probably the better part of a year.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 6:27:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Tom488:

Most of these are the same kind of restrictions fir which a TRO was granted, prior to what will more than likely be a permanent injunction against enforcement, due to constitutional violations under Bruen.  The NJ legislature is just throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks.  Very, very little will.

But yes - it's certainly not unexpected, and it will take time to get sorted out.  Probably the better part of a year.
View Quote

Agree completely. They're still going to try though, and we roll the dice in court.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:18:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 8:42:35 AM EDT
[#44]
I could be wrong on the CCW appellation. Living in NJ kills brain cells, especially mine. LOL.

People and drama (at the Mall) is a gotta-be. I'm sure there's gotta be a vid on it somewhere...  
View All Quotes
A friend of mine in Fair Lawn got his like a month ago, I see him occasionally. He had to be one of the first in Bergen County. There are Zero restrictions on his CCW Permit.

I don't have any links but have been told a few douche nozzles have shown up at the Garden State Plaza with outside carrying - of course "Man with a Gun" had the Popo show and sort out. Apparently the jerk(s) were let go, but (save me the 2nd Amendment stuff) CCW says just that Conceal Carry says what it is. If it was a shall issue Carry Permit I would say then all things equal Firearm CCW or outrigged is all good.

=)

I thought new jersey was just a permit to carry and there is no distinction of open carry or concealed. How are they jerks of they're exercising their right to carry? The people you need to be mad at are the fucking communists who called the cops on them.
I could be wrong on the CCW appellation. Living in NJ kills brain cells, especially mine. LOL.

People and drama (at the Mall) is a gotta-be. I'm sure there's gotta be a vid on it somewhere...  

I read that NJ does not distinguish between open or concealed carry but Concealed carry is recommended to avoid drama. Now it is my opinion that this is a good thing. A concealed permit I think you have to be really careful about printing and oops, peek a boos and you could end up in trouble . I suppose we dont have to worry as much ? I have seriously thought about hangin a .45 on my side… lol
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 10:19:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 4:59:22 PM EDT
[#46]
I know it's the NRA but as with the ANJRPC it's worth a shot. Fill in your name, etc and a
nastygram will be sent to the NJ Speaker.

https://act.nraila.org/campaign/42940/
NJ: Please contact the Speaker to oppose this anti 2A bill, A.4769!

A.4769 limits your self-defense opportunities and blatantly ignores the NYSRPA v. Bruen decision which affirms that the right-to-carry is the law of the land.  
Please forward to your friends and family urging them to contact their lawmakers before the Assembly Judiciary Committee hearing on Monday, October 17th at 10 a.m. After being handed a devastating blow to their agenda, this ill-conceived legislation is nothing more than lashing out at the Supreme Court to satiate their rabid, gun-banning base. Your rights are on the line!

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/17/2022 2:55:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 3:47:56 PM EDT
[#48]

And please spare me the 2nd Amendment blah-blah, this is MY opinion. I was taught by RC Nuns that the 2nd Amendment was *The Peoples'* last defense against an Un-Constitutional \ Illegal Government. Nuns, yeah, *Turn the Other Cheek* NUNS.
View Quote

16", extended-length, straight-grained hickory rulers held in tactical drop-leg holsters, no doubt!  
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 11:47:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mhbaker81] [#49]
My countdown starts now... I just submitted my CCW package earlier today at my local Morris County PD. Very nice gal who helped me out told me that permits are being issued and that it will be about a three month wait. Handing everything in was the easiest part of a not so simple accumulation of nonsense. A little concerning, what with A4769 passing 3-2 at the Assembly Judiciary Committee earlier today. Will be several more rounds of deliberation before we need to worry. Hopefully it never makes it to Murphy's desk, but even if it does, I expect it to be blocked immediately like we just saw in New York.
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 7:07:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KnuckleSandwich] [#50]
Another shocker. Hopefully Scott Bach has lawsuits ready to go so this can get a tro as soon as it's signed. This is fast even for NJ.

Attachment Attached File
Page / 48
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top