Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 48
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 9:28:37 PM EDT
[#1]
The terrible events of criminals shooting over 20 people at the KC Chiefs Super Bowl celebration teach Americans that even if hundreds and hundreds of police are present, YOU ARE STILL YOUR OWN FIRST RESPONDER. Mark Smith Four Boxes Diner analyzes the available information.

THE KANSAS CITY SHOOTING PROVES US RIGHT...

Link Posted: 2/18/2024 12:58:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#2]
Gun For Hire Radio #665 2A Heavy Lifter John Petrolino https://johnpetrolino.com/ joins us.

This week on Gun For Hire Radio  2A Heavy Lifter John Petrolino https://johnpetrolino.com/  joins us in the studio and discusses his journey into the world of 2A Activism and writing "Decoding Firearms". Tune in.
View Quote

GFH radio #665

Link Posted: 2/18/2024 9:03:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Gun Lawyer #173
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 9:05:45 AM EDT
[#4]

#FJD
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 7:26:28 PM EDT
[#5]

and an article by Theresa Inacker:

Act Accordingly: Even If They Can, Police Have No Duty to Protect You

link

Link Posted: 2/24/2024 1:24:26 PM EDT
[#6]
fwiw:

Link Posted: 2/25/2024 12:59:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#7]
Gun For Hire Radio #666 Melissa and Andrew from https://legacyindoorrangeandarmory.com/ join us

This week on Gun For Hire Radio  Melissa and Andrew from https://legacyindoorrangeandarmory.com/  join us in our continuing 2A Heavy Lifter series. Tune in for an hour of awesome knowledge in all things 2A.
View Quote

GFH radio #666
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 10:13:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Gun Lawyer #174
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 11:48:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 2/27/2024 12:29:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KnuckleSandwich] [#10]
DUI with a collision = fine and temporary loss of driving privileges, no jail time.

Encountering a LEO and not immediately divulging that you are legally armed with a carry permit + carrying while intoxicated + not having and presenting your carry permit + hollow points = 15-20 years in prison, by my estimate.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 3:03:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KnuckleSandwich:
DUI with a collision = fine and temporary loss of driving privileges, no jail time.

Encountering a LEO and not immediately divulging that you are legally armed with a carry permit + carrying while intoxicated + not having and presenting your carry permit + hollow points = 15-20 years in prison, by my estimate.
View Quote
It's crazy. I wonder if the hollow points were Critical Duty or Defense?
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 7:25:01 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

Guilty of DUI. Loss of driving privileges for 24 months.

Not guilty of any firearms charges.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 4:16:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:

Guilty of DUI. Loss of driving privileges for 24 months.

Not guilty of any firearms charges.
View Quote
I agree. There shouldn't be any firearm charges per the Constitution.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 4:17:14 PM EDT
[#14]
In case anyone missed this:

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:38:44 AM EDT
[#15]
How To Apply For Your New Jersey Concealed Carry CCW License
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 1:00:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#16]
GunForHireRadio # 667 Tony Simon is in the studio from https://diversityshoot.com/

This week on Gun For Hire Radio

Tony Simon is in the studio from https://diversityshoot.com/  as we continue our 2A heavy lifter series.

Tune in
View Quote

GFH radio #667
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 9:04:08 AM EDT
[#17]

Gun Lawyer #175
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 1:51:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I had to check the calendar to see if today was April Fools Day. WTF is it with NJ?

FJD and the Fudds!
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:07:31 PM EDT
[#19]
kiss ass boot lickin  Fudds. Fudds are not our friends. i refuse to deal with them. help fund them etc.
bunch of communists. back stabbers, ratts etc.

i remember Range 14 Fudds back in 1988 being mad i was loading a twenty round mag to twenty.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 11:24:35 AM EDT
[#20]
so the guy fights to take away peoples gun rights
and they give him an award lol
you can’t make this shit up …. Only in NJ
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:14:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By BSOG1:
so the guy fights to take away peoples gun rights
and they give him an award lol
you can't make this shit up  . Only in NJ
View Quote
Here's  list of the groups that are members of that federation:

NJ Bass Federation
Jersey Coast Anglers
NJ Beach Buggy Assoc.
NJ Chapter Of Wild Turkey Federation
NJ Ducks Unlimited
NJ State Council Trout Unlimited
NJ Trappers Assoc.
NJ Waterfowlers Assoc.
United Bow Hunters of NJ
NJ Fur Harvesters
NJ Predator Hunters
Backcountry Hunters and Anglers

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:16:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Where You CAN & CANNOT Carry a Firearm in New Jersey
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 9:53:46 PM EDT
[#23]
all democrap voters

Originally Posted By Demeroma:
Here's  list of the groups that are members of that federation:

NJ Bass Federation
Jersey Coast Anglers
NJ Beach Buggy Assoc.
NJ Chapter Of Wild Turkey Federation
NJ Ducks Unlimited
NJ State Council Trout Unlimited
NJ Trappers Assoc.
NJ Waterfowlers Assoc.
United Bow Hunters of NJ
NJ Fur Harvesters
NJ Predator Hunters
Backcountry Hunters and Anglers

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:09:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Now that South Carolina is the 29th state to go permitless carry, is New Jersey next?

I guess not.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:49:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Now that South Carolina is the 29th state to go permitless carry, is New Jersey next?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/93999/Opera_Snapshot_2024-03-05_155709_twitter-3153090.png

I guess not.
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:10:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 8:37:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Concealed Carry Survival Tip: Keep Strong Hand Free
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:05:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#28]
GunForHireRadio # 668 John Valenti from https://varsityfirearms.com/ joins us this week.

This week on Gun For Hire Radio  

John Valenti from  https://varsityfirearms.com/  joins us this week to discuss how to practice "each one reach one".

Tune in.
View Quote

GFH radio #668
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:34:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:00:27 PM EDT
[#30]

Gun Lawyer #176
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:17:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Are criminals required to give references when they’re found to be in possession of a gun? For some jacked up reason NJ wants 4 references to get a CCW.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 12:14:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Johnny666:
Are criminals required to give references when they're found to be in possession of a gun? For some jacked up reason NJ wants 4 references to get a CCW.
View Quote
Criminals are in the 2nd tier and we're in the 3rd tier. The 1st tier takes care of the 2nd tier and hates us in the 3rd tier. Does that answer your question?

Seriously, just about everything in NJ is bass ackwards. They make us jump through all these hoops to get a carry permit which has criminal penalties attached to it. While the criminals commit crimes and barely if ever get a slap on the hand.

So to answer your question, only the law abiding are required to provide 4 references which can't be related to you by blood or law. Criminals aren't required to provide references because they legally can't carry even though they do.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 9:11:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Now for the rest of the story.....

Link Posted: 3/12/2024 1:48:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KnuckleSandwich] [#34]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/93999/Opera_Snapshot_2024-03-11_205624_www_fac-3156614.png
View Quote

And yet the penalties are essentially the same. Having a gun on you without having paperwork that was issued is about the same as having a gun on you without ever having paperwork issued at all.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 6:24:20 PM EDT
[#35]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/93999/Opera_Snapshot_2024-03-11_205624_www_fac-3156614.png
View Quote

Still not guilty.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:49:25 PM EDT
[#36]

And yet the penalties are essentially the same. Having a gun on you without having paperwork that was issued is about the same as having a gun on you without ever having paperwork issued at all.
View Quote

That's what happens when the Constitution isn't followed by those that took an oath to follow that very Constitution. What's that say about the people here in NJ that go along with that? They're not any better than those that preferred remaining as subjects under King George.

Still not guilty.
View Quote

Not guilty on the gun charges. Guilty on the DWI if proven he was under the influence.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:57:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#37]
34,589 permits to carry from Feb 2022 to Feb 2024 per the AG.  That's a 10 fold increase post Bruen.

NJ Permit to Carry data from the Office of the Attorney General.

https://www.njoag.gov/permittocarry/

https://njoag.app.box.com/s/10jqthhr80u24gk3sjcz5r0ojh108je0
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:48:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 8:42:15 PM EDT
[#39]
i love that sticker lol, i want to get some.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:01:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By BSOG1:
i love that sticker lol, i want to get some.
View Quote
You can try to get one but I think it's only one per business at the link above. They should be available at each county prosecutors office.

Here's some more info as of March 14th from the AG dashboard.

https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/nj.office.of.justice.data/viz/PermittoCarryDashboard/Intro

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:06:53 PM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:18:02 PM EDT
[#42]
I Took My First Firearms Course - What I Learned
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:58:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 10:24:43 AM EDT
[#44]
In New Jersey, Sheriffs Could Soon Process Firearms ID Application

link

Bill S1868

Allows county sheriffs to issue firearms identification cards and permits to purchase handguns; authorizes county sheriffs to accept applications for permits to carry handguns.
View Quote

link

This bill isn't going anywhere. If they wanted to streamline and expedite the entire process they would scrap all the B.S. and go Constitutional Carry.

Link Posted: 3/15/2024 2:05:57 PM EDT
[#45]

Sussex has only issued 1100 permits? What. The. Fuck.

It’s painful seeing the county that I grew up in go from red for generations to purple because murphy has transplanted communists there.

Sussex should’ve been nearer to 100%.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 3:43:16 PM EDT
[#46]

It's painful seeing the county that I grew up in go from red for generations to purple because murphy has transplanted communists there.

Sussex should've been nearer to 100%.
View Quote
I have friends and family here in Monmouth and Passaic county and upstate New York that are waiting for the dust to settle in the courts before applying for their permits.

They're still waiting to apply while I and some of my other friends have been carrying for well over a year now. So that could be the reason for the low numbers not just in Sussex but also in the other counties of NJ.

Instead of taking the plunge and exercising their right to carry, they're waiting for the courts to rule; the application fee to drop; the 4 references to be removed; etc.

I have a feeling that some of those that say they are waiting will never bother applying because they're not comfortable with the scary idea of depending on themselves for their own safety.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 9:55:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Here's an alternative ccw report. It's much more user friendly and less cumbersome than what the AG put out on his dashboard.

https://www.njnics.com/ptc.php
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 10:18:52 PM EDT
[#48]
I have friends and family here in Monmouth and Passaic county and upstate New York that are waiting for the dust to settle in the courts before applying for their permits.

They're still waiting to apply while I and some of my other friends have been carrying for well over a year now. So that could be the reason for the low numbers not just in Sussex but also in the other counties of NJ.

Instead of taking the plunge and exercising their right to carry, they're waiting for the courts to rule; the application fee to drop; the 4 references to be removed; etc.

I have a feeling that some of those that say they are waiting will never bother applying because they're not comfortable with the scary idea of depending on themselves for their own safety.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

It's painful seeing the county that I grew up in go from red for generations to purple because murphy has transplanted communists there.

Sussex should've been nearer to 100%.

Reason I didn't apply for my njltc is because the requirements are unconstitutional bullshit and I didn't want to jump through the hoops. I wanted to but felt it was too much of a hassle. Then I moved and got my pa ltc in five minutes. I'd still like to apply for njltc but I still think the requirements are straight up bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 10:48:28 PM EDT
[#49]

Reason I didn't apply for my njltc is because the requirements are unconstitutional bullshit and I didn't want to jump through the hoops. I wanted to but felt it was too much of a hassle. Then I moved and got my pa ltc in five minutes. I'd still like to apply for njltc but I still think the requirements are straight up bullshit.
View Quote
I don't blame you because the requirements are B.S. and exactly what FJD, Murphy, Platkin, Coughlin, Scutari and the Moms intended and that was to keep carry out of the hands from as many people as possible.

I chose to jump through the multiple hoops. It cost me time, money and aggravation but it was my way of saying EFF you to those in Trenton and that felt good.

It'll take awhile but we're going to win and they are going to lose.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 5:22:20 AM EDT
[#50]
I don't blame you because the requirements are B.S. and exactly what FJD, Murphy, Platkin, Coughlin, Scutari and the Moms intended and that was to keep carry out of the hands from as many people as possible.

I chose to jump through the multiple hoops. It cost me time, money and aggravation but it was my way of saying EFF you to those in Trenton and that felt good.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Everyone I know that hasn't applied yet (myself included) is waiting for the dust to settle and most are still more worried about being hassled for carrying or crucified if they ever had to use their gun than they are worried about needing their gun.  
I was going to do it right away and even had started filling out the paperwork but my wife threw a fit about it,  and now I'm waiting because I'm going through a divorce (not over that) and I don't need her using it against me somehow.
Page / 48
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top