BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 48
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 9:51:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GonnaNeedaBiggerBoat:

Everyone I know that hasn't applied yet (myself included) is waiting for the dust to settle and most are still more worried about being hassled for carrying or crucified if they ever had to use their gun than they are worried about needing their gun.  
I was going to do it right away and even had started filling out the paperwork but my wife threw a fit about it,  and now I'm waiting because I'm going through a divorce (not over that) and I don't need her using it against me somehow.
View Quote
I'm sorry to hear that the arfcom curse has hit you so I can't fault you for not applying at this time. We all have to do what is right for each one of us and as in your case it's quite obvious that you're doing what's necessary to protect your current and future 2A rights.

You're right. Some haven't applied because of the fear of stepping across some imaginary line into a sensitive place or using their firearm in a righteous shoot and then getting dragged through the legal system courtesy of the state of NJ. I felt the same way and hemmed and hawed for a couple of months after Bruen before I actually applied.

We all have to weigh the pro's and con's. For me I didn't like where this country was going. The covid lockdowns, the mostly peaceful protests of the summer of love. Stuff like that. Now there are increased home invasions, car jackings, burglaries, car thefts, all with no apparent penalties for the criminals. I'm not as young as I used to be so my carry permit could actually be a life saver for me.

I wish you the best outcome in your situation and I've no doubt you'll one day be able to apply and get your very own permit.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 9:58:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Gun carry permit requests soared in New Jersey after U.S. Supreme Court upended firearm laws

Scott Bach, executive director of the New Jersey Rifle and Pistol Clubs, criticized the state for keeping track of citizens he said are merely exercising their constitutional rights.

"Self-defense-hating bureaucrats are obsessed with wasting taxpayer dollars compiling statistics on law-abiding gun owners instead of actually going after violent criminals. If they spent half the time they do harassing legal gun owners on stopping violent crime, we would live in a much safer society," he said.

Bach's group is one of the plaintiffs challenging the state's gun law. He said he thinks the statistics show that gun owners statewide are waiting for the resolution of that lawsuit before they apply for their permits.
View Quote

link

Link Posted: 3/16/2024 10:00:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 3/16/2024 10:55:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Everyone I know that hasn't applied yet (myself included) is waiting for the dust to settle and most are still more worried about being hassled for carrying or crucified if they ever had to use their gun than they are worried about needing their gun.  
I was going to do it right away and even had started filling out the paperwork but my wife threw a fit about it,  and now I'm waiting because I'm going through a divorce (not over that) and I don't need her using it against me somehow.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Demeroma:
Originally Posted By TheTallest:

Reason I didn't apply for my njltc is because the requirements are unconstitutional bullshit and I didn't want to jump through the hoops. I wanted to but felt it was too much of a hassle. Then I moved and got my pa ltc in five minutes. I'd still like to apply for njltc but I still think the requirements are straight up bullshit.
I don't blame you because the requirements are B.S. and exactly what FJD, Murphy, Platkin, Coughlin, Scutari and the Moms intended and that was to keep carry out of the hands from as many people as possible.

I chose to jump through the multiple hoops. It cost me time, money and aggravation but it was my way of saying EFF you to those in Trenton and that felt good.

It'll take awhile but we're going to win and they are going to lose.

I had my paperwork filled out and ready to go three times. Even scheduled to take the qualification at RTSP  once but ended up canceling.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 11:48:01 AM EDT
[#5]

I had my paperwork filled out and ready to go three times. Even scheduled to take the qualification at RTSP  once but ended up canceling.
View Quote

A lot of people are waiting for the courts to resolve all the B.S. nonsense. I don't know when, perhaps as early as April or May, the carry case appeal will be ruled on by the 3rd circuit and then Judge Bumb will get it dropped back in her lap. Hopefully soon after, more people will apply and get to carry once the high fees are done away with, no sensitive places, etc.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 12:09:13 PM EDT
[#6]

A lot of people are waiting for the courts to resolve all the B.S. nonsense. I don't know when, perhaps as early as April or May, the carry case appeal will be ruled on by the 3rd circuit and then Judge Bumb will get it dropped back in her lap. Hopefully soon after, more people will apply and get to carry once the high fees are done away with, no sensitive places, etc.
View All Quotes

I have my doubts it's going to get ruled in favor of the Constitution. I'm extremely cynical though.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 4:53:59 PM EDT
[#7]

I have my doubts it's going to get ruled in favor of the Constitution. I'm extremely cynical though.
View Quote
I have my doubts as well at times but I try to stay positive because I know for a fact that we're the good guys fighting the bad guys.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 4:54:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Breaking News NJ Gun Carry - Gov. Targets Lawful Citizens Again
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 11:58:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#9]
Gun For Hire Radio #669. 35k carry permits and crime went down, NJ’s answer? Attack gun owners!

This week on Gun For Hire Radio...  

35k carry permits and crime went down, NJ's answer? Taxpayer supplied "free" gun free zone (see target rich environment) stickers! You cannot make this up.

Also John and John Jr join us for the naming and shaming for the Friends of the NRA Dinner in October https://www.friendsofnra.org/events/event-details?eventId=60247
View Quote

GFH radio #669
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 9:15:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 3/17/2024 9:21:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Gun Lawyer #177
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 10:57:53 AM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:41:20 PM EDT
[#13]
So the new sign isn't bullet proof.

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 4:47:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Col. Callahan of the NJSP basically admits we aren't the problem.

Surge in applications for concealed-carry permits in NJ

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 5:19:01 PM EDT
[#15]
The unconstitutional "Health, Safety and Welfare" clause.

Data Shows Majority of N.J. Carry Permit Denials Based on Verboten Subjective Standard

link
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 6:44:10 PM EDT
[#16]
The unconstitutional "Health, Safety and Welfare" clause.

Data Shows Majority of N.J. Carry Permit Denials Based on Verboten Subjective Standard

link
View Quote

They're aware of the "issue" and by "issue" they mean "feature" and not "bug". As in, it's working as intended.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:55:35 PM EDT
[#17]

They're aware of the "issue" and by "issue" they mean "feature" and not "bug". As in, it's working as intended.
View Quote

Exactly!
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:00:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#18]
Gun For Hire Radio #670 Charlie Cook from https://ridingshotgunwithcharlie.com/ in the studio

This week on Gun For Hire Radio  

Charlie Cook from https://ridingshotgunwithcharlie.com/  join us in the studio as part of our continuing 2A Heavy Hitter Series.

Listen, learn, like, follow, and share!
View Quote

GFH radio #670
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 8:41:31 AM EDT
[#19]

Gun Lawyer #178
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 8:50:32 AM EDT
[#20]
An article by John Petrolino.

N.J. Top Cop: No 'Drastic Bump in Public Shootings' With Increase in Carry Permits

"I think responsible gun owners that follow those procedures, that go and get their background checks, and have that process done and apply for a permit to carry, are just that."    Colonel Patrick J. Callahan
View Quote

link

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:07:06 PM EDT
[#21]
The following two articles are about two highly trained professionals.

N.J. corrections officer shot woman believing he was under fire, officials say

link

Retired Essex Cop Accidentally Shoots Himself In Cedar Grove: ECPO

link

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:23:42 AM EDT
[#22]

link

link

View All Quotes

link

link

A New Jersey corrections officer shot a 21-year-old woman in Trenton last weekend after the rear window of his vehicle was shattered on Bellevue Avenue, the city police department and Mercer County Prosecutor’s Office said.

The officer believed he was being shot at, but what broke his window turned out to be a thrown paint can, a prosecutor’s office spokeswoman said Monday.

To be fair, there are an awful lot of squirrels in that area, can't be too careful.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:24:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By KnuckleSandwich:

To be fair, there are an awful lot of squirrels in that area, can't be too careful.
View Quote

That Florida deputy will never live that down.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:39:48 PM EDT
[#24]
More info on the RPO's negligent discharge.

Former Newark police director says he accidentally shot himself

Former Newark Police Director Anthony Ambrose says he accidentally shot himself in the foot during a meeting last Friday with Mitchell McGuire, the chief of detectives for the Essex County Prosecutor's Office.
View Quote

link
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:55:18 PM EDT
[#25]
5 Ways Competition Shooting Helps With Self Defense

If you ever want to try out your EDC in as real a world scenario as possible, then I highly recommend competing in a match. You'll not only learn your strengths and weaknesses but also see how your equipment and you perform under stress. Competing is a much more productive learning experience than simply standing stationary in a lane while carefully aiming at a target.

I've only participated in two matches so far and my score was embarrassingly low. I've learned that I'm not as good as I thought I was and that I have a lot more practice and training to do. Its definitely an eye opening and humbling experience.

Even if you don't have your permit to carry, you can still participate in competition and learn. If you try it, you might like it.

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:02:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Beginner Concealed Carry Tips: Boost your comfort carrying!
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:13:59 PM EDT
[#27]
This is huge!

Lara v Evanchick

What this decision basically means is that the 3rd circuit will now be using 1791 instead of Reconstruction era laws in deciding cases. That means that our appeal on sensitive places and also the AWB and mag bans will need to be decided using the 1791 standard. The bad news (maybe not) is that two of the dissenting judges in the Lara case will be ruling on our carry appeal.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/66782049/86/madison-lara-v-commissioner-pa-state-police/

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:05:35 PM EDT
[#28]
This is huge!

Lara v Evanchick

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/93999/Opera_Snapshot_2024-03-27_161719_twitter-3171093.png

What this decision basically means is that the 3rd circuit will now be using 1791 instead of Reconstruction era laws in deciding cases. That means that our appeal on sensitive places and also the AWB and mag bans will need to be decided using the 1791 standard. The bad news (maybe not) is that two of the dissenting judges in the Lara case will be ruling on our carry appeal.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/66782049/86/madison-lara-v-commissioner-pa-state-police/

View Quote

There was no way this wasn't going to have to be heard by the USSC.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:08:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By KnuckleSandwich:

There was no way this wasn't going to have to be heard by the USSC.
View Quote

I agree. That's the reason for all the attacks on Justice Thomas and also for the recent comments retired Justice Breyer made calling for possible term limits for SCOTUS. Breyer views the Constitution as a living and breathing document and says it shouldn't be interpreted by it's text alone but what today's standards are. They want SCOTUS in be in control by the left that believes the Constitutions means whatever they say it means. In other words, what the text says, don't mean what we know it means.

Here's Mark Smith's views on the Lara case.

MAJOR 2A WIN IN FEDERAL APPEALS COURT! Decision on 18-20 Year Old Carry Stands...

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:48:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Another update. Note what was and what wasn't said in this news release.

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:58:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#31]
GunForHireRadio #671 Dr. Gianni Pirelli https://gpirelli.com/ joins us

Dr. Gianni Pirelli https://gpirelli.com/  joins us to discuss red flags, anti gun policy centers, and the government's concerted efforts to strip our gun rights.

Tune in.
View Quote

GFH #671

Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:52:40 AM EDT
[#32]

Gun Lawyer #179
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:46:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Concealed Carriers  - Documentary on CCW and use of force training.

Concealed Carriers [Full Documentary]

Link Posted: 3/31/2024 9:17:11 AM EDT
[#34]

Wishing you all a safe and happy Easter.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 9:38:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Happy Easter all!
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 12:54:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 11:22:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#37]
Hope you all had a good holiday, survived the rains, earthquake and aftershocks.

For those that have Spotify, Front Sight Training PA radio's episode #67 is up. It's about New Jersey's Use of Force.

I tried posting the link but it doesn't work here for some reason.

Front Sight Training PA radio #67
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 12:00:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#38]
GunForHireRadio #672 2A Heavy Hitter Rhi Teng joins us to further the female perspective in 2A

Heavy Hitter Rhi joins us to further the female perspective in the 2A arena.

Bonus, this Wednesday starts our oral arguments for the mag ban and AWB case in federal court.

Stay tuned, stay informed, like, follow, and share.
View Quote

GFH radio #672
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 10:40:14 AM EDT
[#39]

Gun Lawyer #180
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 12:54:49 PM EDT
[#40]
has anyone looked into renewing yet ? do we need to do all the stuff all over again ? references etc
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 2:44:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By BSOG1:
has anyone looked into renewing yet ? do we need to do all the stuff all over again ? references etc
View Quote

I still have a few months to go before renewing but some people have already renewed their judge issued permits. Since there's no renewal option available as of yet, you'll need to do the initial application. You won't need new prints or a notary but you will need the 4 reference's contact info and you'll need to upload a photo and your qualification that you recently got for CCARE.

Don't know how valid this still is or not but I did hear that you should gather all your info before starting your online application. Things like your digital photo, reference emails and CCARE qual. Not sure if you need to fill out the SB-182a online or not, so write down all the gun's serial numbers you intend to carry just in case they ask for it online.

The reason for this is because once you start your application, if you step away from your computer for a long time, the NJ ccw application system may reset and not save any of your info, forcing you to do everything over again. At least that's what one person said happened to him.

You can start your renewal 4 months before expiration and it's supposedly very easy. How long it takes to get your town's permit is up to your police department. Some towns are very good and are issuing within a week after applying. Other towns are taking longer.

Also, make sure to pay your police department after applying since that's apparently not an option online. That's NJ for ya!

https://www.njportal.com/NJSP/ConcealedCarry/

Be sure to let us know how your online application goes.  

@BSOG1
Good luck!

Now I'm going outside to get blinded by the light

Link Posted: 4/8/2024 3:18:57 PM EDT
[#42]
im due Aug 8 , gun for hire told me if they get it back fast that starts my new date. two year.
so ill wait till May. i have references, qual, ill get a picture ready. i only carry one so its the same
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 4:13:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By BSOG1:
im due Aug 8 , gun for hire told me if they get it back fast that starts my new date. two year.
so ill wait till May. i have references, qual, ill get a picture ready. i only carry one so its the same
View Quote
Good idea about waiting so you don't lose any time that is left on your current permit. For the passport sized photo you can take it with your phone on a white background and reduce the size with whatever app you may have on your phone or download an app to do passport photos. Those that have already renewed said the process was easy so you shouldn't have any problems.

Hope you got to see the solar eclipse.

It got cloudy here but I was able to see the eclipse with my neighbor's glasses. i tried taking a photo with my Android but that didn't work. My neighbor on the other hand has an iPhone and was able to snap this photo without any filters and through the clouds.

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:12:21 PM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 12:01:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#45]
GunForHireRadio #673 2A Heavy Hitter Trevor Ferrigno joins us to discuss his activism journey.

2A Heavy Hitter Trevor Ferrigno joins us to discuss his activism journey.

Please like, share, and follow!
View Quote

GFH radio #673

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:04:50 AM EDT
[#46]

Gun Lawyer #181
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:26:44 AM EDT
[#47]
March 2024 PTC numbers:

https://www.njnics.com/ptcmarch2024.php  

Total NJ permits to carry as of March is 36,469.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:21:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Before I requalified under HQC-2 modified I found a couple of You Tube videos on the course of fire so I could practice before doing the qualification. Recently I tried searching for any CCARE videos  but didn't find any on You tube but I did find the following blog with 3 Instagram videos in it showing the CCARE course of fire. Hope this helps someone in preparing for their own PTC.

The New and Improved New Jersey Carry Permit Shooting Test (2023)  
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:56:54 PM EDT
[#49]
NJ Legislators Discover Criminals Don't Care About Their Gun Laws

Back in 2018 Gov. Phil Murphy proudly touted the signing of a bill "making it illegal in New Jersey to purchase parts to manufacture or distribute information to print 'ghost guns,'", which the governor described as  "homemade or 3D printed firearms that are untraceable by law enforcement."

As lawmakers learned this week, however, Garden State scofflaws don't seem to be paying much attention to the prohibition. The State Commission on Investigation held a hearing in Trenton on the issue this week at the behest of Democratic Assemblyman Herb Conaway Jr., and discovered that banning something doesn't make it go away.
View Quote

Focusing on the people who are pulling the trigger is the single most effective way to improve public safety, but New Jersey legislators would much rather go after lawful gun owners.

While investigators claim that this targeted approach is paying off, they also ignored one other big factor: the rise in concealed carry holders. There are now more than 30,000 New Jersey residents with an active carry license; an increase of almost 3,000 percent compared to the pre-Bruen "may issue" numbers. Gun control activists and politicians like Phil Murphy were certain that the spike in concealed carry was going to lead to more violent crime, but instead the number of shootings in the state dropped to its lowest recorded level, which at least suggests that the growing number of armed citizens is having an impact on the behavior of violent offenders.
View Quote

link

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 3:38:20 PM EDT
[#50]

My town still demands in person payment.
Page / 48
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top