Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2014 9:17:42 PM EDT

My gun cart that I made for transport to the range.  Pistols, ammo and accessories go in the bottom chest.  Made out of scrap wood, wheels from Harbor Freight.  All stainless screws and painted Navy Gray.  Total invested is about $45, a lot of time.

Works great, weighs about 30 lbs, unloaded.  

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:47:03 PM EDT
[#1]
that's pretty cool.

would be neat if it was like a footlocker so the guns would be locked up in your car also
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:45:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
that's pretty cool.

would be neat if it was like a footlocker so the guns would be locked up in your car also
View Quote

Actually I am working on a design like that, the issue is the weight.  I have a design in mind that is locker with wheels, open the door with shelves and other storage inside.  The cart above is made out of 3/4" plywood, weighs about 30 lbs without the rifles.

Thanks for the feedback.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:57:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Awesome.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Good job, looks great!
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 10:01:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good job, looks great!
View Quote

As Curley would say "why thank you"

In all seriousness, I made this cart because I needed it, had a bunch of scrap wood from some garage cabinets I made and was bored one raining weekend.  It does work great.  I would put it up against any cart I could find on YouTube or the internet.  Not barging, just being honest.

All of the internet carts I could find were for cowboy action shooting, looked like saloons or chuck wagons or were $400.  It is solid, carries three long guns great and the lower box can haul all of my ammo, magazines, cleaning stuff, food, drinks and thermos for the day.  I will be adding LED lighting on the inside, cleaning rod holders and other stuff later.

Thanks,

77Bronc
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top