User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 8:46:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dillydilly:
Practically anything that was illegal or unheard of back home comes as a shock when discovered that its totally normal/legal here.
View Quote

I heard a guy at a gun shop counter say "I'd like to try and buy a gun".

Everyone's heads swiveled and someone asked the obvious "You're from California, right?"

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

Because in Idaho, we'd say we'd like to buy a gun. There's really no "try" in the equation unless you're from some weird state that forbids or retards perfectly normal legal transactions.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 12:07:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By kel:

Everyone's heads swiveled and someone asked the obvious "You're from California, right?"

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

Because in Idaho, we'd say we'd like to buy a gun. There's really no "try" in the equation unless you're from some weird state that forbids or retards perfectly normal legal transactions.
View Quote

🤦‍♂️
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 12:57:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By kel:

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

View Quote

Maybe he was just a felon or something. Never once saw this in California. If anything I saw more people raging about the process than people expecting it to be difficult. Anti gunners generally believe that you can walk into wal mart and buy an M249 SAW
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 7:59:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome Ry.  I'm originally from Georgia, married an Idaho Falls girl when I was in the Navy and moved to East Idaho in 1991, so I'm a transplant myself.  I moved to Boise 22 years ago and I've seen a lot of changes since I've lived here, "I remember when that was a field!".  lol  The only thing I can't figure out is how we ended up with a communist mayor in Boise when you consider all the "conservative Californians" that have moved in.    

Oh well, our Governor, and Congressmen are all RINOs, so we have no one to blame but the long time Idahoans for that.  Safe shooting!
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 9:12:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Barney_Calhoun:
Welcome Ry.  I'm originally from Georgia, married an Idaho Falls girl when I was in the Navy and moved to East Idaho in 1991, so I'm a transplant myself.  I moved to Boise 22 years ago and I've seen a lot of changes since I've lived here, "I remember when that was a field!".  lol  The only thing I can't figure out is how we ended up with a communist mayor in Boise when you consider all the "conservative Californians" that have moved in.    

Oh well, our Governor, and Congressmen are all RINOs, so we have no one to blame but the long time Idahoans for that.  Safe shooting!
View Quote

Thanks Barney.
"Don't shoot! I'm with the science team!"
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 12:38:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Ryguy209:

Thanks Barney.
"Don't shoot! I'm with the science team!"
View Quote

Funny you recognized that name! haha  And if you notice, after 15+ years I changed my username tonight. I picked Barney Calhoun because everything I wanted was already taken and I was playing Half Life2 at the time, and even Gordan Freeman was taken, so that's how I became Barney Calhoun. lol   My initials are BG and I live in Boise, so BoiseG is the new me.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 1:46:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By BoiseG:

Oh well, our Governor, and Congressmen are all RINOs, so we have no one to blame but the long time Idahoans for that.  
View Quote

100%
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 3:20:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Spacejunk:

100%
View Quote

Check out the IFF if you havent already.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 10:16:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Stockton
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By EvoXGunner:
Hey bro what part of CA are you from?

Stockton

Ooof...

...the sheriff issues permits though, so thats a positive
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 11:56:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Maybe he was just a felon or something. Never once saw this in California. If anything I saw more people raging about the process than people expecting it to be difficult. Anti gunners generally believe that you can walk into wal mart and buy an M249 SAW
View Quote

I wish what they believe was true. But me, I'm a PKM guy.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 1:39:34 AM EDT
[#11]
you guys are making me envious. I thought I escaped CA when I got stationed in WA but then it went batshit insane the last five years.  Idaho is enticing as all hell (my Uncle moved there from CA in the early 2000's and absolutely loves it).

As a guy that grew up in Richmond I bet it's nice going from hearing violent gunfire to being able to legally hunt and shoot in your own yard.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 11:36:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wspe1] [#12]
I am a fourth generation Idahoan. Due to the military I moved away for over 20+ years. I recently moved back and it's been a huge mistake.  This place has changed so much for the worse. You should have seen what it was like in the 80s and 90s. It was nothing but farms and everyone knew almost everyone. Now the Treasure Valley has been destroyed by never ending homes. It is unaffordable to live here and I am hoping to move away as quickly as possible. After serving my country for 20+ years it feels like someone stabbed me in the back coming back what I considered my home state. All the people that once lived here that I knew have been almost completely replaced by an entirely different demographic of people with different values.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 11:39:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wspe1] [#13]
What I can't stand seeing are bumper stickers, t shirts or any kind of paraphernalia that indicates someone is from a different state. If that state is so great then move back.

Also don't invite your friends.  The reason it's getting so overcrowded is because idiots keep on telling others to move to a free state.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:58:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By wspe1:
I am a fourth generation Idahoan. Due to the military I moved away for over 20+ years. I recently moved back and it's been a huge mistake.  This place has changed so much for the worse. You should have seen what it was like in the 80s and 90s. It was nothing but farms and everyone knew almost everyone. Now the Treasure Valley has been destroyed by never ending homes. It is unaffordable to live here and I am hoping to move away as quickly as possible. After serving my country for 20+ years it feels like someone stabbed me in the back coming back what I considered my home state. All the people that once lived here that I knew have been almost completely replaced by an entirely different demographic of people with different values.
View All Quotes

What I can't stand seeing are bumper stickers, t shirts or any kind of paraphernalia that indicates someone is from a different state. If that state is so great then move back.

Also don't invite your friends.  The reason it's getting so overcrowded is because idiots keep on telling others to move to a free state.

So.... do you want to go shooting out at the Parma range ???

They have an Action  Steel match Saturday morning.

After the match we could get some whistle pigs off Pearl rd.

Link Posted: 3/15/2024 10:24:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RIP-Yataski] [#15]

Stockton
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By EvoXGunner:
Hey bro what part of CA are you from?

Stockton

The 209 in the username is a dead giveaway...

ETA: This thread didn't have a green arrow fer some reason, hence my quoting the same post twice, lol...
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 2:26:35 AM EDT
[#16]
This place has changed so much for the worse. You should have seen what it was like in the 80s and 90s. It was nothing but farms and everyone knew almost everyone. Now the Treasure Valley has been destroyed
View Quote

There is more to Idaho than Boise.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top