Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2010 9:56:13 AM EDT
Anyone familiar with Close Combat Company and Captain Chris?  Would appreciate any comments and/or information.

www.closecombattraining.com
Link Posted: 1/11/2010 9:24:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I'm not sure if "Captain Chris" is the guy I'm thinking of, so I'll dig around a little
and call a few contacts that I have to find out for sure before I open my mouth.

All I'll say for sure right now is how can you trust a guy that claims to teach
"professional assassins and international mercenaries" in his pitch? Don't get me
wrong, I'm long been a student of long form direct response advertising. People
use it because it works.

I just think that this claim is a little "out there" if you know what I mean. Of course,
he may just be saying that because he can't reveal the specifics of when he was
training space ship door-gunners so he just uses other catchy sounding professions.

Chad
Link Posted: 1/12/2010 7:32:42 PM EDT
[#2]
He claims to have a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.  I'd bet money that's a lie.  Based on that website I'd say he's a total fraud.
Link Posted: 1/12/2010 7:44:26 PM EDT
[#3]
That site is more fucked up then a football bat. You're not really considering wasting your money on that crap, are you?
Link Posted: 1/13/2010 5:35:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Hahaha.
"Silver Medal Grapplers
Quest National Champion"

Yep... Me too... Back when GQ first started...but there were only 7 guys in my division... and some divisions had only 2 guys... take that for what it's worth...

Link Posted: 1/13/2010 5:46:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That site is more fucked up then a football bat. You're not really considering wasting your money on that crap, are you?

Not anymore.  Just had to ask though.  Probably do better watching old episodes of The Green Hornet, eh?

Link Posted: 1/13/2010 5:51:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not anymore.  Just had to ask though.  Probably do better watching old episodes of The Green Hornet, eh?

Plenty of good schools out there. If you're interested in training, pick up a copy of Rory Miller's Meditations on Violence, give it a good read and then start checking out schools in your area.
Link Posted: 1/14/2010 8:06:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plenty of good schools out there. If you're interested in training, pick up a copy of Rory Miller's Meditations on Violence, give it a good read and then start checking out schools in your area.

Roger that.  Thanks.

Link Posted: 1/19/2010 6:22:06 PM EDT
[#8]
The BJJ community is very tight.  I did some checking, and this guy trains at www.armlock.com, where he is a 3 stripe blue belt.  

He may actually be pretty decent on the ground, but he definitely isn't what he claims, and he's definitely trying to fleece people of their money.
Link Posted: 1/26/2010 12:23:07 PM EDT
[#9]
The fact that this guy refers to himself as "Captain" should be all the info you need to make an educated decision on whether this is legit or not.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2010 6:20:27 AM EDT
[#10]
The only "captain" that is cool enough to call himself 'captain' is:

Rock that mullet Captain Planet! Rock it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2010 7:20:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just started reading this.  Great book.  It WILL get you thinking of what real combat is all about.  A must read.
Link Posted: 2/2/2010 5:13:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just started reading this.  Great book.  It WILL get you thinking of what real combat is all about.  A must read.

I originally bought it as an e-book on my kindle. Promptly ordered a paper copy as well, and started loaning it to everybody i know who trains.
Link Posted: 2/25/2010 4:04:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Anyone familiar with Close Combat Company and Captain Chris?  Would appreciate any comments and/or information.

These guys don't think much of him http://hockscombatforum.com/index.php/topic,4097.0.html

My question to you guys does anyone know anything about  Hocks Combat Forum or the Scientific Fighting Congress (SFC)?
Link Posted: 2/25/2010 7:26:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

These guys don't think much of him http://hockscombatforum.com/index.php/topic,4097.0.html

My question to you guys does anyone know anything about  Hocks Combat Forum or the Scientific Fighting Congress (SFC)?

Hock is awesome. He really knows his stuff. Do I agree with everything he does? Of course not.

Never met him in person, but I have talked to him on the phone several times at great length. You won't go wrong
if you study his materials. (at least what I've read/viewed)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top