Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2024 9:10:37 PM EDT
Asked this years ago...but not much info. Looking for a place that insures camera's and lenses.
It's for my son...he has some stuff thats worth money and he uses it for his business he's trying to build up.

Thank you very much.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:00:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I just have mine on a personal articles policy through state farm.  Runs around $1/$1000 coverage.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:08:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NorthPolar:
I just have mine on a personal articles policy through state farm.  Runs around $1/$1000 coverage.
View Quote

Ok...gonna see if they have stuff like that but with AAA. That's who I have. Thank you.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 10:59:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I use The Hartford for my photography business. A lot of photographers use them and they have a great reputation and are very affordable. I pay around $450 / year with a $2 million liability policy and coverage for $50k in gear.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 10:30:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Just came back from a trip to Yellowstone/GrandTeton last week.  Finally unpacked Sunday and can not find my 600mm!  Looked everywhere and called hotels I stayed at on my way home and no joy.

We are fixing to find out if Full Frame insurance was worth it.   It's photography specific so includes liability and stuff; I imagine a lost lens even thought expensive to me is not as bad as if I had a model fall off a roof or the other craziness they deal with.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 11:19:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By TheAmaazingCarl:
Just came back from a trip to Yellowstone/GrandTeton last week.  Finally unpacked Sunday and can not find my 600mm!  Looked everywhere and called hotels I stayed at on my way home and no joy.
View Quote
Damn. Not sure how you misplace a 600 but hope you find it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 9:51:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By JaxShooter:
Damn. Not sure how you misplace a 600 but hope you find it.
View Quote

I have no f'n clue and I'm kinda losing my shit over it.   It was a fantastic lens too,... I think from now on I will stick with lenses that fit in my bag with all my other photo stuff or rent specifically for wildlife trips and send them right back from whence they came when done.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 8:12:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Full Frame insurance (fortegra) is scam garbage and not very useful is you lose something while traveling.  It looks like their business model is to insure stuff, but exclude almost everything not covered by renters/home owners insurance.   I would assume if it was something that looked like it was covered by home owners insurance they'd simple claim you have to file with the other insurer.

I am 99% sure it was stolen but because I didn't witness it being ganked they're not going to cover it, so now I am going to review bomb the shit out of them in the hopes it saves some other photographer from their bullshit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top