Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2024 12:47:59 AM EDT
BLUF: small rectangular cube (cuboid) a little less than half an inch long.

I was attempting to modify my stock with a folder when I found an extra part on the work bench. I didn't know where it came from (assuming lower receiver since that what I was working with). It's not a part of the folder mechanism which I ended up not using- too much play. I've looked over diagrams and can't find anything that resembles a long metal cube. (And I have no other modifications to the lower.) Thanks for any help. And if I can figure out how to attach a picture I'll upload one later.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 1:13:32 AM EDT
[#1]
It goes on the receiver extension end plate.
like this one
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 5:25:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats my guess.  Them little suckers are hard to get in always gave me trouble.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 7:37:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I only found one. Are they required for operation? I’m going back to a normal end plate also - are they only for the magpul sling attachment?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 7:38:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 7:05:23 PM EDT
[#5]
The kit comes with 2, one for a milspec RE and one for a commercial RE, so only one is used.  On a pistol RE tube, without the receiver end plate notch, they are not used at all.  If you do not use them on a RE that does have the notch, or can even happen on a pistol RE without the notch, if you are not careful tightening up the castle nut, the REP can ride up and interfere with the CH.  I had that happen once on a pistol and it caused a moment of head scratching as to why my CH would not pull back.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top