Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2024 2:47:32 PM EDT
A friend has an old Llama Comanche .357" Magnum. Pretty cool revolver. But, it's missing one of the two extractor pins, part number 3 on the below image. I've checked Numrich and a few other online vendors looking for this part to no avail. Does anyone know if the equivalent part off a S&W K Frame would work or have a good idea where to look for replacements?

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 2:55:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: patw] [#1]
You can try at "Jack First Gun Parts", jackfirstinc.com. They might have some or might know corresponding parts. "Every Gun Part" has a whole kit.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 3:41:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By patw:
You can try at "Jack First Gun Parts", jackfirstinc.com. They might have some or might know corresponding parts. "Every Gun Part" has a whole kit.
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 3:54:12 PM EDT
[#3]
This looks a lot like a S&W contract for European manufacturing. I would try a S&W pin also when other sources aren't available.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 10:34:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: anachronism] [#4]
Determine which metric size the holes are and go from there. Any decent gunsmith should be able to make a couple of hardened revolver extractor locating pins. And yes, they should be hardened.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 11:16:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By anachronism:
Determine which metric size the holes are and go from there. Any decent gunsmith should be able to make a couple of hardened revolver extractor locating pins. And yes, the should be hardened.
View Quote

Yep, I think that's where we're at at the point.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 11:31:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SSeric02:

Yep, I think that's where we're at at the point.
View Quote

You could probably turn down steel pins to fit in a drill press if you're handy and careful.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 2:28:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By anachronism:

You could probably turn down steel pins to fit in a drill press if you're handy and careful.
View Quote

Or just cut some shank off a drill bit.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:51:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By AASG:

Or just cut some shank off a drill bit.
View Quote

If you can't source - I Was thinking this too!

It had to be drilled with a diameter common enough and drills get ones with good hard steel.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:02:17 AM EDT
[#9]
If you can get the size I bet you can find a suitable replacement pin from McMaster Carr.  You could always heat treat the pin yourself by getting it red hot and dipping it in oil.

https://www.mcmaster.com/products/pins/dowel-pins~/
Top Top