Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2022 8:44:02 PM EDT
So, I bought my P11 in 1998 or 1999.  I showed it to my dad who loved it and said he would love to have one as a backup since he did a lot of undercover work at the time.  I ended up giving it to him and told myself I would buy another but I never did.  

A few years later I bought a P3AT when they came out and had a chance to buy a second P3AT from a friend who was selling his.  After my dad retired, I gave him one of my P3ATs so he could pocket carry, which he did for years.  He recently bought a compact Ruger 9mm (I'm not familiar with the model).  He came to visit a few months ago and brought me the P11 back with four mags (three 10rd, one 12 rd).  He came to visit this weekend and brought me the P3AT.  

Link Posted: 6/4/2022 10:20:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#1]
I carried a P11 for a few years. Compact, reliable, but the trigger was too stiff. Still, not a bad pistol.

Good re-acquisition.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:52:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VASCAR2] [#2]
Back in 1990 I was issued a 5904.  I carried a P-11 in an ankle holster for a BUG.  Very reliable and never had any trouble qualifying with the P-11.   The P-11 would accept my 5904 mags which made it a really viable BUG.   When my Agency transitioned to Glock 22/23’s I sold my P-11 to a Friend.

I had a belt clip on the side of my P-11 so you could carry it without a holster.  I usually carried a 3913 NL off duty but I did use the P-11 occasionally.    I was surprised Kel-Tec discontinued the P-11 but the SCCY looks to be an exact copy.   A Deputy Friend has carried a PF-9 for 25+ years in an ankle holster.   I always wanted a P-32 but have never actually shot one or tried to find one.   I shot a P3AT 380 and I preferred the P-11.

Thanks for posting OP!
Top Top