Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2024 11:09:23 AM EDT
I’m late jumping into the pistol rds game. Going with a g19 with a milled slide for a rmr 06. I’m looking for suggestions on the buis as far as…

* height of the sights

* blacked out front and rear or blacked out rear only

* rear buis in front or behind the rmr

* any other tips or suggestions are much appreciated

Thanks
Matt
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:01:02 PM EDT
[#1]
This is completely a preference thing.

I prefer a black rear and red fiber front and I like the sights to barely peak over the body of the sight.  I do not care for the full cowitness because of how much window is obstructed and I do not need the irons to find the dot.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 2:26:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not sure on the height for direct mill as it will get you lower than a plate. I use plain black sights on all my RDS guns except for my M&P as it came with night sights. The night sights are a waste with an RDS.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 8:48:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Plus you have to consider how deep the cut was made.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 8:49:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jhon:
I'm not sure on the height for direct mill as it will get you lower than a plate. I use plain black sights on all my RDS guns except for my M&P as it came with night sights. The night sights are a waste with an RDS.
View Quote

I'm on that train as well.  I want one thing glowing back at me.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 8:57:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Black/black. Anything else is a waste of $$ if you ask me.  I’ve been going with Ameriglo GL-429s and they work well across multiple brand slides/cuts/plates. Gives a lower 1/3 or 1/4 co-witness for most. Any taller and they defeat the point of the dot.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 2:22:19 PM EDT
[#6]
the black/black seems to be the best option to not have too many dots going on at the same time.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 1:30:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DukeFan23] [#7]
Originally Posted By kilpat28:
I’m late jumping into the pistol rds game. Going with a g19 with a milled slide for a rmr 06. I’m looking for suggestions on the buis as far as…

* height of the sights

* blacked out front and rear or blacked out rear only

* rear buis in front or behind the rmr

* any other tips or suggestions are much appreciated

Thanks
Matt
View Quote

My preference:

1.  Lower 1/4
2.  Blacked out front and rear
3.  Slight edge to Rear BUIS in front of optic (but really I’m happy, with either and have both set ups)

Link Posted: 3/7/2024 9:26:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Top Top