Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2024 10:05:47 PM EDT
What's your preferred range to zero the 45deg iron sights?

Attachment Attached File

Next up- MAMS swap.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 10:10:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 10:13:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mike_Golf] [#2]
I would sight it according to the instructions (Z = 25y), then put it at 2 for a 50/200 yard zero.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 10:26:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mike_Golf:
I would sight it according to the instructions (Z = 25y), then put it at 2 for a 50/200 yard zero.
View Quote

Agreed, I do the same.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 10:29:28 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote
Well shit.  Never thought to look for actual instructions.  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 4:40:47 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 6:00:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By John_Oldman:

Agreed, I do the same.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By John_Oldman:

Agreed, I do the same.

The most useful distance imo. Decreases the maximum ordinate as compared to the 25/300 zero
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 3:05:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I recommend a 50 or 200 yard/meter zero for iron sights (100 for optics).
These are rarely the same thing, despite the commonly spread internet lore. This can be debated ad nauseum, but I have shot a whole lot of rifles at a whole lot of distances and if your accuracy expectation is anything smaller than a full-size IPSC at 200, only a few rifle/ammo combinations will be 50=200.

I prefer a 50 or 200 with irons specifically because the front sight post obscures smaller targets that are being held-over in the critical midrange distances where irons are still useful.
I am a firm 100 yard/meter zero for dots and optics, as that trajectory and line of sight relationship requires less mental horse-power at close range, while providing a more refined POA/POI intersection for longer range drop compensation.

Link Posted: 2/13/2024 4:36:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Jack_L:
I recommend a 50 or 200 yard/meter zero for iron sights (100 for optics).
These are rarely the same thing, despite the commonly spread internet lore. This can be debated ad nauseum, but I have shot a whole lot of rifles at a whole lot of distances and if your accuracy expectation is anything smaller than a full-size IPSC at 200, only a few rifle/ammo combinations will be 50=200.

I prefer a 50 or 200 with irons specifically because the front sight post obscures smaller targets that are being held-over in the critical midrange distances where irons are still useful.
I am a firm 100 yard/meter zero for dots and optics, as that trajectory and line of sight relationship requires less mental horse-power at close range, while providing a more refined POA/POI intersection for longer range drop compensation.

View Quote

Very well stated. Unless running something with a BDC, I'm also right there with the 100y zero for optics. Everything is a hold a over, and it's easier to keep that data in your head when on the clock.
Top Top