Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/4/2007 4:07:55 PM EDT
DOes anyone play it on PC??

i love it, havent even played single player yet but i play online Alot.

I HAD to get to lvl 28 the first night i got it cause i HAD to get the krink!
lvl 35 now.. Anyone want to play!?!??!
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:03:10 PM EDT
[#1]
me and some friends play on pc. we have a server @ 69.13.112.81:28960.

most active early evenings as most of us have day jobs

i am |D| *PsyKo*
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 5:15:24 AM EDT
[#2]
me too,here:
89.190.205.225:28960
89.190.205.225:28961

but you will have 150 ms ping [delay], like me to 69.13.112.81:28960 ,internet need to evolve
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 12:05:32 PM EDT
[#3]
sweet ill be in one of those tonight. what are your tags? names..

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 12:45:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I have racked up about 48 hours of online play.  I only play on a tac-sim clan server I found through a friend.  No "run and gun" allowed, gotta moved in crouch or with the iron sights up.  Played that way CoD4 is the best FPS yet.  Played like it is on 99.9% of the servers out there it's just another twitchfest.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 12:58:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have racked up about 48 hours of online play.  I only play on a tac-sim clan server I found through a friend.  No "run and gun" allowed, gotta moved in crouch or with the iron sights up.  Played that way CoD4 is the best FPS yet.  Played like it is on 99.9% of the servers out there it's just another twitchfest.

How can I get hooked up with those guys? I can't stand all the bunny-hopping spawn-camping BS on the public servers I've been on so far.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 1:07:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll try to join as well...

Hell, it's a CO server my ping cant be that bad.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 1:12:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I am on there too.   My username is just Major.  I ushually try to get on the Hardcore servers so it doesnt have a map or death camera.  I use the sniper rifle on some levels and dont like people automatically seing where im shooting from even though the clips were cool to watch.   Send me a message on aim at blkexp98 or just a reply here and iull try to make it to a scheduled game.  

Major  

edited to add: Vermilion_Six - I think ive played on that server too as i remember only crouching was allowed unless running from a grenade.  If you have the server name or address handy id like to find it again.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 4:12:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

id like to try that,

have an IP?
Link Posted: 12/8/2007 2:29:42 AM EDT
[#9]
I finally ran into someone from arfcom online on COD4, JBlitzen or something like that.  Of course, my tag was full of fail cause I just had [ARF] instead of [AR15].  

I assume I'm not missing any friends list or anything like CS:S has am I?  Is it just hit and miss if you run into someone online?  Does the 360 and PS3 have a way to connect with a friends list?

nick is [AR15]SnakeDoctor
Link Posted: 12/8/2007 9:14:22 AM EDT
[#10]
I jump servers a lot but I try to get to the HQ's and Domination games a lot because of the extra XP points earned. Level 55 here. I took my time to get it (2 weeks).
Link Posted: 12/8/2007 11:53:58 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I finally ran into someone from arfcom online on COD4, JBlitzen or something like that.  Of course, my tag was full of fail cause I just had [ARF] instead of [AR15].  

I assume I'm not missing any friends list or anything like CS:S has am I?  Is it just hit and miss if you run into someone online?  Does the 360 and PS3 have a way to connect with a friends list?

Yep, that was me.  "[AR15] JBlitzen".  Gunaddict was there, too, on the grumpy old men TDM server.
Link Posted: 12/9/2007 9:50:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Is there any way to play that AC-130 mission over and over and over?

Is there a mod where all you do is AC-130 stuff?

That shit was the best part of the game for me.
Link Posted: 12/9/2007 11:05:21 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Yes.  The mod's called "United States Air Force", and is available at your local recruiter's office.

Link Posted: 12/9/2007 11:12:17 AM EDT
[#14]
How do you join a server by IP address?  Is there a place you can just type that in?
Link Posted: 12/9/2007 11:15:12 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
How do you join a server by IP address?  Is there a place you can just type that in?

Ya how do you do that?
Link Posted: 12/9/2007 11:17:45 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I have ARF in front of mine to.
What do most of you guys have arf or AR15?
Link Posted: 12/9/2007 2:08:11 PM EDT
[#17]
I have changed my name to "[AR15] Major".   To log onto a specific ip from the console commands list i have its:

connect <ip address>     Replace ip address with the real address of course.  If you dont use the console much just press the tilde key to get to it.  (above tab )  

Edited to add: Found one ar15.com member in a game or i should say they found me so everyone add in that [AR15] tag.  It stands out more than i thought it would.  

To add it:
-press the ~ key to enter the console
-type /name    then enter the tag [AR15] space then your username
-press enter and your done
-press ~ again to close the console
Link Posted: 12/9/2007 2:24:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How can I get hooked up with those guys? I can't stand all the bunny-hopping spawn-camping BS on the public servers I've been on so far.

I posted about this a while back. In the past I tried Wolfenstein and Doom on line and "twitch fest" describes it.
I have been wondering if there is a place to play a "better" game online.
I may try out the IP's listed above, I've played COD4 twice, doing it again. Great game.
Who wants a noob in their squad?
Link Posted: 12/9/2007 4:36:39 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[AR15] with a space following it is what I've seen.  The square brackets are a customary full member clan tag, and it's usually at the beginning of the nick with a space following it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2007 7:41:13 PM EDT
[#20]
[AR15]Gunaddict checking in here. My Xfire tag is Darkside1911.
Link Posted: 12/9/2007 7:45:46 PM EDT
[#21]
If you don't mind playing online with a bunch of older gamers, I mean an age of 21 or older, try Clan of Friends, Server name [COF]HardCore   IP: 205.234.153.36:28960  They are a good group of people.
Link Posted: 12/10/2007 1:20:59 AM EDT
[#22]
I finally purchased my PC, so I will go to the store and get the game and join on on any clan that is willing to take an old US Army Veteran with plenty of small arms and small unit experience.  No, I am not posing as anything other than as an MP that served in Iraq and knows a trick or two.
Link Posted: 12/10/2007 4:15:52 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
If you don't mind playing online with a bunch of older gamers, I mean an age of 21 or older, try Clan of Friends, Server name [COF]HardCore   IP: 205.234.153.36:28960  They are a good group of people.

Cool, I'm there. I want to joing a crew of older epople that will keep it professional and go emo on me when I drop them.

BTW, My ID is Sablelieger and I am in the East Coast.
Link Posted: 12/10/2007 4:45:33 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Funny, last night I just determined that my best bet would be to type "FUCK YOU AROCK" as soon as i enter a server.

BTW I'm now [AR15] Foxhound
Link Posted: 12/10/2007 9:10:01 AM EDT
[#25]
I finally made level 55 this morning
Link Posted: 12/10/2007 10:22:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Has any of you that run COD 4 through Vista had the same problem I had with the extension IW3MP.EXE shutting down on you?

Please tell me there is a fix on this stupid thing...

Just when it gets good and this happens.
Link Posted: 12/10/2007 11:18:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Try this:

Go to Start then Control Panel
Double click on the Sound Tool
Click on the Recording tab
Right click and select "View Disabled Devices"
Enable the Stereo Mix

If it works you owe me beer.
Link Posted: 12/10/2007 7:19:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Okay; did it...

Give me a few mins.

Link Posted: 12/10/2007 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Try this:

Go to Start then Control Panel
Double click on the Sound Tool
Click on the Recording tab
Right click and select "View Disabled Devices"
Enable the Stereo Mix

If it works you owe me beer.

Well, I guess I owe you a beer...

Thanks; worked like a charm.

Link Posted: 12/11/2007 2:34:28 PM EDT
[#30]
How to go to specific server??
Link Posted: 12/19/2007 4:10:45 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
How to go to specific server??

+1 I would also like to know.  

My name online is Nic4433.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2007 5:16:13 PM EDT
[#32]
If you have the IP address i posted the method on page 1.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 6:04:36 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.  The mod's called "United States Air Force", and is available at your local recruiter's office.

And the career field is 1A4X1 Airborne Battle Management (Gunship Sensor Operator is a field inside of it)....good luck getting a slot if you try...I'm in this career field and there is also AWACS and JSTARS positions open with only a few people going to play on Spectre and Spooky.

ETA: Hebrew Hammer on COD4 if ya'll see me!
Link Posted: 12/21/2007 4:34:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Ha! Already made 2LT and I have quite a few weapons, but I want to find the server where I can paly with you guys; currently play on any server that says "old farts".
Link Posted: 12/21/2007 7:45:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Hey guys, I have two names online...

=VF=Ridge
Ridge_Runner_5

Maybe I'll see some of you guys around :) Ive been spending most of the past couple days playing Winter Crash :D
Link Posted: 12/22/2007 12:53:14 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Hey guys, I have two names online...

=VF=Ridge
Ridge_Runner_5

Maybe I'll see some of you guys around :) Ive been spending most of the past couple days playing Winter Crash :D

Same here, I like the layout, pretty good, specially when Santa drops his delivery of 'gifts'. Props to whoever designed this level.
Link Posted: 12/23/2007 8:39:51 AM EDT
[#37]

I've got a couple of questions and I didn't think it was worth starting another thread over.

1) When I set claymores do I get a statistical kill and XP for them, even if they detonate after I die and respawn?  I play Hardcore only so I never see points on screen or anything.

My opinion on the best online experience is:

Hardcore
Friendly Fire on
Sabotage or Search and Destroy
15 rounds
No respawning until the next round

All of this leads to much slower, more realistic gameplay.

So:

2) Do any of the servers you guys are playing on operate with these parameters?

Thanks.

Link Posted: 12/23/2007 8:59:17 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I've got a couple of questions and I didn't think it was worth starting another thread over.

1) When I set claymores do I get a statistical kill and XP for them, even if they detonate after I die and respawn?  I play Hardcore only so I never see points on screen or anything.

My opinion on the best online experience is:

Hardcore
Friendly Fire on
Sabotage or Search and Destroy
15 rounds

All of this leads to much slower, more realistic gameplay.

So:

2) Do any of the servers you guys are playing on operate with these parameters?

Thanks.

not sure about claymores as i dont use em, as far as a server me and some buddies operate a server that meets your criteria

Hardcore
Friendly Fire on
Search and Destroy
10 rounds
adult owned and operated

the ip is 69.13.112.81
Link Posted: 12/23/2007 9:00:34 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

not sure about claymores as i dont use em, as far as a server me and some buddies operate a server that meets your criteria

Hardcore
Friendly Fire on
Search and Destroy
10 rounds
adult owned and operated

the ip is 69.13.112.81

Thanks, I'll check out that server today.

Link Posted: 12/24/2007 2:53:29 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hardcore
Friendly Fire on
Search and Destroy
10 rounds
adult owned and operated

the ip is 69.13.112.81

Thanks, I'll check out that server today.

+1, I'll check that server out too.
Link Posted: 12/24/2007 4:43:49 PM EDT
[#41]
I have a problem with my game.  When I try to connect to a server I get an error that says my code_post.gfx_mp.ff is different from the server's.  Does anybody know what that means?  I am running version 1.3.  I had 1.4 but got rid of it because for whatever reason it lagged me really bad.  Could that have done it?

Thanks in advance,

Nic
Link Posted: 12/24/2007 5:56:45 PM EDT
[#42]
probably trying to join a server that is running 1.4, it dont work that way.
Link Posted: 12/24/2007 6:00:18 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

when I had a different version before it told me I had the wrong version.  It also only showed servers that had the same version as me.  I suppose that I could install 1.4 again.  But it trippled me lag.  I am usually around 50 but with 1.4 im close to 200.  Does it do that to anyone else?
Link Posted: 12/24/2007 7:45:11 PM EDT
[#44]
I play.  I'm usually on the leet RoX server.

I'll post the IP when I get home tonight.

I'm 55.  Been that way for a while.

Handle is Junkwaffle (duh)
Link Posted: 12/24/2007 7:55:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Screen name SNAKE EATER lvl 55
Link Posted: 12/25/2007 7:41:52 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

when I had a different version before it told me I had the wrong version.  It also only showed servers that had the same version as me.  I suppose that I could install 1.4 again.  But it trippled me lag.  I am usually around 50 but with 1.4 im close to 200.  Does it do that to anyone else?

my ping stayed about the same when i updated, are there any 1.3 servers left? i would think they would have updated for the new map and the fixes to the sniper rifles and the acog.
Link Posted: 12/26/2007 12:33:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Yes the 1.4 update made my server browser show pings that are much higher than what i had with 1.3.

My ping in game has gone up as well..............it really sucks!
Link Posted: 12/26/2007 12:56:24 PM EDT
[#48]
My Ping number has always been high even before I updated to 1.4; does anyone have any idea of what this ping deal is all about?

Anyways, I am currently at the rank of captain and I am already topped out on the M4 and the SAW (my two fave weapons; next up, it'll be the M1014 shotgun and then work on the RPD and the M60..

Currently doing that on the {UN} United n00bs Server; it only has two map; Winter Crash and Shipment; Shipment gets to be a real bloodbath with 15-20 people at the same time; I'm cranking up the kills there. LOL!!!
Link Posted: 12/26/2007 1:09:12 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Yes the 1.4 update made my server browser show pings that are much higher than what i had with 1.3.

My ping in game has gone up as well..............it really sucks!

A lot of people are having this problem.  I looked into it some and apparently it is caused by the in game server browser.  With the 1.4 patch they put in some code that makes the browser update faster which takes up almost all of your bandwidth.  So the ping listed for the server is WAY High, (mine were almost all above 1500) and it increases in game lag as well.  

The best way I found to fix this was to not use the in-game browser to join a server.  Download X-Fire or another third party program and use that to connect to servers.  I started doing that and now my ping is back to where it normally is.  

Nic
Link Posted: 12/26/2007 9:27:01 PM EDT
[#50]
I probably won't be able to get on until after the new year, but is there a server that has custom maps? I remember that for call of duty 2, a while back, and some of them were pretty cool. It just sucked because in most cases custom maps also came with retarded mods and sound effects like, "headshot!" "insane spree!" and sounds bytes of beavis and butthead laughing or something.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top