Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Tacked Jeep Pics - Let's see em! (Page 1 of 61)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 61
Posted: 9/25/2014 2:24:59 PM EDT
Show me your Jeeps!

Here's mine:  2014 JKU Oscar Mike.  285/70/17 Duratracs, 1.75" coil spacer lift, 1.5" wheel spacers for the wide-set look.  Thinking of adding quick discos at some point.

And yes, I do wheel with it...

Link Posted: 10/30/2021 12:16:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By hemi5oh:

If it's a wrangler "X" then it should have a pos Dana 35 rear axle.  Not worth spending money on unless it is a pavement queen, and even then...  Pretty easy to swap an explorer 8.8 in and that will give you disk brakes too.  Lots of aftermarket support for that axle and not a hard swap if you are handy.  Or just go the easy route and find a tj Dana 44 and bolt it in.
View Quote
Yeah, the 44's are super cheap and available. lol.

the Dana 35 will suffice up to 33's unless you are doing crazy shit.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:53:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Hater:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hater:
Originally Posted By hemi5oh:

If it's a wrangler "X" then it should have a pos Dana 35 rear axle.  Not worth spending money on unless it is a pavement queen, and even then...  Pretty easy to swap an explorer 8.8 in and that will give you disk brakes too.  Lots of aftermarket support for that axle and not a hard swap if you are handy.  Or just go the easy route and find a tj Dana 44 and bolt it in.

A super 35 makes more sense than an 8.8
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 11:21:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By APPARITION:

View Quote

Don’t put a dime into an d35, unless your changing brake shoes or gear oil as maintenance.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 1:10:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Ef4life:

Don’t put a dime into an d35, unless your changing brake shoes or gear oil as maintenance.
View Quote

This, I had a c-clip get toasted on an XJ, that was fun....
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 4:08:52 PM EDT
[#5]

View All Quotes

There’s plenty of people running locked super 35’s and 35’s

But not mine, both my LJ’s have 60’s
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 9:09:13 AM EDT
[#6]
The 8.8 is a great conversion for a TJ if you understand the pumpkin is slightly offset. You work around that with a SYE. A super short is even better. That or stretch the rear a bit to get more driveshaft length. It is a great axle, very strong with C Clip Eliminater and chromo shafts.

I would not spend a dime on a 35 or a super 35. I have seen both fail miserably with 33s a light foot and very mild trails.

That said, I would rather go with a matched pair of 44s from a Grand Cherokee (driver drop) but it's a low pinion. Or better yet a driver drop pair from an early Bronco high pinion.

BETTER STILL is a pair of JK Rubicon take offs. Easy peasy way to run 37-38 inch tires and are very strong. A built Dana 30 from a JK is also a great axle for a TJ due to the TJ light weight. Sleeved, gussets,  and trussed means 37s with ease.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 12:48:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: APPARITION] [#7]
Originally Posted By BULLDAWG_556:
The 8.8 is a great conversion for a TJ if you understand the pumpkin is slightly offset. You work around that with a SYE. A super short is even better. That or stretch the rear a bit to get more driveshaft length. It is a great axle, very strong with C Clip Eliminater and chromo shafts.

I would not spend a dime on a 35 or a super 35. I have seen both fail miserably with 33s a light foot and very mild trails.

That said, I would rather go with a matched pair of 44s from a Grand Cherokee (driver drop) but it's a low pinion. Or better yet a driver drop pair from an early Bronco high pinion.

BETTER STILL is a pair of JK Rubicon take offs. Easy peasy way to run 37-38 inch tires and are very strong. A built Dana 30 from a JK is also a great axle for a TJ due to the TJ light weight. Sleeved, gussets,  and trussed means 37s with ease.
View Quote

They tested the super 35’s in JV. There’s no reason to do an 8.8 anymore.

Fuck JK stuff.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 5:29:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Fuck JK stuff.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/201214/65F2613A-75E2-485F-947B-8791DB4BF590_jpe-2149919.JPG
View Quote

Can you elaborate please for those of us who don't know what that means?
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 5:55:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By diggerwolf:

Can you elaborate please for those of us who don't know what that means?
View Quote

Johnson valley - where the king of the hammers race is.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 6:01:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Fuck JK stuff.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/201214/65F2613A-75E2-485F-947B-8791DB4BF590_jpe-2149919.JPG
View Quote

Lol what is that 7k for that axle?

I’d just buy artec trusses and build up a set of sterlings from a super duty front and rear for less.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 6:54:46 PM EDT
[#11]

I’d just buy artec trusses and build up a set of sterlings from a super duty front and rear for less.
View All Quotes

Fuck JK stuff.

You could do that, there are plenty of ways to skin a cat.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 8:09:14 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

Fuck JK stuff.

The issue with your super duty sterling combo is all the added expense and weight. If you have all the equipment and skill to do that you can save but flat out buying them there's no savings . I have a pair of tons sitting here but not sure if I want the weight and width over stock size axles .
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 10:33:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Here’s my daily driver. 2013 Commando Green Sport 6 speed.

Link Posted: 11/3/2021 3:17:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By acrooks:
Here’s my daily driver. 2013 Commando Green Sport 6 speed.

https://i.imgur.com/9lrr9Ga.jpg

View Quote

I really like that color combo. Looks great.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 5:08:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By acrooks:
Here's my daily driver. 2013 Commando Green Sport 6 speed.

https://i.imgur.com/9lrr9Ga.jpg

View Quote

Probably the only color that looks better as the factory plastic fades.

No new pics of mine. Hasn't done anything but get muddy driving the hunting lease.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 5:54:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Got some more pics sent over today from the rally.

Love the short arm flex the Savvy kit brings to the table.

I know its common sense but my limited 72 hours of rally reinforced the following: traction above all else. Lockers win every time.

35's, 37's, and 40's unlocked had much harder times than I did on several climbs. That said they had advantage in all the ruts and diff clearance on some tracks.

Those who were 35"+ and locked went to work on everything.

Link Posted: 11/9/2021 8:49:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:
Got some more pics sent over today from the rally.

Love the short arm flex the Savvy kit brings to the table.

I know its common sense but my limited 72 hours of rally reinforced the following: traction above all else. Lockers win every time.

35's, 37's, and 40's unlocked had much harder times than I did on several climbs. That said they had advantage in all the ruts and diff clearance on some tracks.

Those who were 35"+ and locked went to work on everything.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/164007/IMG_9078-2160977.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/164007/IMG_9080-2160978.jpg
View Quote

Got a friend who doesn’t think he needs lockers. Someday he needs to go wheeling with me and try some harder trails. But hey, he’s got 37’s.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 11:09:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Damn, people really run 37's and 40's with open diffs? That's just retarded.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 8:21:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By jcatcg:
View Quote

I'd wager this is the standard setup lift tire/wise here -> new JK/JL -> wants lift/tires -> 2" and 37's.

Most will never see dirt.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 9:07:49 AM EDT
[#20]

I'd wager this is the standard setup lift tire/wise here -> new JK/JL -> wants lift/tires -> 2" and 37's.

View All Quotes

Every single time.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 9:13:30 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote
Oh I get that for the folks that never take theirs offroad. I was commenting more on people that do and prioritize 37's+ over lockers.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 11:23:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Oh I get that for the folks that never take theirs offroad. I was commenting more on people that do and prioritize 37's+ over lockers.
View Quote

it's all about that tire size....

Link Posted: 11/10/2021 11:38:46 AM EDT
[#23]

it's all about that tire size....

View Quote
You'd have to pry my lockers from my cold dead ... well you know. I think I'd rather drop down to 35's or even dare I say 33's before giving up my lockers.

Link Posted: 11/10/2021 12:02:05 PM EDT
[#24]
You'd have to pry my lockers from my cold dead ... well you know. I think I'd rather drop down to 35's or even dare I say 33's before giving up my lockers.

View Quote

Interesting.

I'm really debating do I go to a 35" and all that goes with it to run properly, as in if I do so - I'll do it right the first time.

- wheels and tires - $1.8-2K
- Chrome-Moly axles front / rear - $1.5K
- Body lift or fenders - $200 - 3k
- Big brake kit 16" - $1000

Or just get a cage done, upgrade axles, and rock the shit out of my 33's.

Which makes the most sense as:

1.) This sees more pavement that wheeling (fart around town in a few days a week for errands)
2.) Any wheeling spots will see 2+ hour highway drives
3.) I ran the entirety of the Red Clay Rally on this setup, the other couple of TJ's that were there on 35's also "diffed out" in the same spots I did (thanks to the SxS crowds and 37"+ crew).
4.) Less cash outlay

I will get a cage of some flavor in as the piece of mind is nice.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 12:43:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vanilla_gorilla] [#25]

View Quote
To quote one person in our Jeep club, "37s are the new 35s, and if you're not with [on par with] the group you're in, for tires, they won't take you seriously!"

Link Posted: 11/10/2021 3:28:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tjcj] [#26]

Interesting.

I'm really debating do I go to a 35" and all that goes with it to run properly, as in if I do so - I'll do it right the first time.

- wheels and tires - $1.8-2K
- Chrome-Moly axles front / rear - $1.5K
- Body lift or fenders - $200 - 3k
- Big brake kit 16" - $1000

Or just get a cage done, upgrade axles, and rock the shit out of my 33's.

Which makes the most sense as:

1.) This sees more pavement that wheeling (fart around town in a few days a week for errands)
2.) Any wheeling spots will see 2+ hour highway drives
3.) I ran the entirety of the Red Clay Rally on this setup, the other couple of TJ's that were there on 35's also "diffed out" in the same spots I did (thanks to the SxS crowds and 37"+ crew).
4.) Less cash outlay

I will get a cage of some flavor in as the piece of mind is nice.
View Quote

My TJ is still on 33s . I see no benefit of going to a 35 . What will you gain 1" of diff clearance ( if that ) . Mine with 33s , ARBs F/R and a Suspension ( Currie/ Savvy) that actually works has out wheeled 35s/37s alot .
As to the cage Stay away from the kits that use the A Pillar Stantion. Have a quality Cage makers go through the dash with the A Pillar . I talked with Zach @ A-ZFab.com about making me a cage . He said it was totally doable.  But me being in Washington just wasn't feasible.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 4:49:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Tjcj:

My TJ is still on 33s . I see no benefit of going to a 35 . What will you gain 1" of diff clearance ( if that ) . Mine with 33s , ARBs F/R and a Suspension ( Currie/ Savvy) that actually works has out wheeled 35s/37s alot .
As to the cage Stay away from the kits that use the A Pillar Stantion. Have a quality Cage makers go through the dash with the A Pillar . I talked with Zach @ A-ZFab.com about making me a cage . He said it was totally doable.  But me being in Washington just wasn't feasible.
View Quote

Was going to have a custom built one done by a local group that does race cars, buggies, etc... no bolt on here.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 7:36:37 PM EDT
[#28]

Was going to have a custom built one done by a local group that does race cars, buggies, etc... no bolt on here.
View Quote

OR go the route I went and buy a Tube bender , notcher and Bendtech and build your own
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 8:42:44 PM EDT
[#29]

OR go the route I went and buy a Tube bender , notcher and Bendtech and build your own
View All Quotes

Do you work for ammo and beer?
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 11:27:52 PM EDT
[#30]

Do you work for ammo and beer?
View Quote

Yeah , but your in Tennessee and I'm in Washington
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:22:54 AM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

I similarly run 33's & lockers and see no benefit to 35's.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 11:58:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By ASUsax:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ASUsax:

33-34's are staying.

Now on to how to work with or around the big ruts / diff out spots.

Maxtrax saved my ass on the rally in one giant tank trap, let me cut across and out vs through. I'd like to get a pair or two but need creative ideas on where to mount them.

Either a mount on the outside of the rear tire or across the hood in the front. I like the idea of the front as they are easier to access when in situations where they are needed. I'd prefer to have folks in the front vs the rear from a safety standpoint (usually on incline, etc... when needed from my limited experience) should they need to access them.

Link Posted: 11/13/2021 3:02:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Great looking Jeep.  2dr Rubi is seshy.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 9:43:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Snowboards loaded up and heading to the slopes for our first runs of the season this past Saturday.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 7:50:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

After a 20 year hiatus,  I'm embracing the Jeep life once again!
Picked up a 2000 TJ, 4" lift, 33" tires.  8.8 rear swap done... 4/11 gears front and back.  5 speed and a 2.5 (yeah... it ain't a Corvette, but I'm happy with the spunky little mill!)

Can't wait until spring when the full hard doors come off!

Oh... I was wondering if the "Jeep wave" was still a thing. (Last Jeeps I had were CJs back in the day)
...on the way home from picking her up, i had several waves from newer Jeeps
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 11:22:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:31:35 AM EDT
[#38]

That is a nice jeep.  I would put a truck cab on that one.  

Regards
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:57:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Joescuba:

Regards
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Joescuba:

Regards

Funny you say that - my grail is the TJ/LJ based AEV Brute

Link Posted: 12/1/2021 8:34:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 5:13:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Another pic I pulled off the sd card from the Rally.

12:40am Night 1

Link Posted: 12/12/2021 7:41:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Soconmtneer:
Snowboards loaded up and heading to the slopes for our first runs of the season this past Saturday.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/236849/5E7018B1-209A-49EC-96CC-15D9A209E16D_jpe-2176754.JPG
View Quote

Is that a JL bumper?
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 7:46:42 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

Fuck JK stuff.

For $7k a JK could have a Dynatrac ProRock44 front with an ARB locking differential and your choice of 4.88, 5.13 or 5.38 gears and the rear Dana 44 upgraded with matching gears, 35 spline ARB and axle shafts.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 9:45:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Ms. Gorilla and I did something special with our Jeeps and some friends this weekend

Link Posted: 12/13/2021 2:02:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By vanilla_gorilla:
Ms. Gorilla and I did something special with our Jeeps and some friends this weekend

https://i.ibb.co/JtfHX7G/received-447279306811432.jpg
View Quote

You put ducks on each others’ Jeeps?
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:39:45 AM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Congrats!
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 7:03:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Boomer:

View All Quotes

Congrats Mr and Mrs Grouchy!
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 11:12:45 AM EDT
[#48]

Is that a JL bumper?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Soconmtneer:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/236849/5E7018B1-209A-49EC-96CC-15D9A209E16D_jpe-2176754.JPG

Is that a JL bumper?

Yes, it is.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 11:13:30 AM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

Very cool
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 1:03:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Ordered a bulldawg top for the LJ.

Made in TN and great customer service. Opted for the dark khaki model which is basically grey. Thrilled about the window system.

Should be ready mid July for pickup.

Example:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/164007/44F3AF97-E947-4A64-BC5F-11B02DA73583-1966912.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/164007/2022F1BE-FD62-41C1-BF39-DDEE8D0F63AB-1966913.jpg
View Quote

That’s awesome 🤙🏻
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 61
Tacked Jeep Pics - Let's see em! (Page 1 of 61)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top