Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 47
Posted: 10/7/2020 5:29:34 PM EDT
I just scooped a Challenger SP Widebody.  I'm only about 250 miles into it but man it's fun. I've been driving trucks and SUVs for years and haven't had a car since my 20's.

Oil catch can is next I think, I'm hearing these 6.4L need them. Thoughts?

Some say these are tuned to well theres not much to do to them, even air intakes dont add HP.  Mods for HP, thoughts?

Mid muffler delete?  Only to piss off my subdivision or is there benefits other than cool sound?

Anyone getting under 4 seconds on 0-60?  My first try got a 4.3 on a 75 degree dry day at 700-ish feet above sea level.  I had some tire spin so I think I can get under 4.

pics of gear cuz this is ARF.  Thought a fun key fob was in order b/c the scat pack one just says dodge which I thought was a bummer.

Link Posted: 2/5/2024 9:38:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DV8EDD:

I mean cool car but really weird build.  Check out the window sticker.  

Two different Demon packages totaling up to almost $40k.  Demon package removes sound insulation (ok let's lighten this thing up b/c it's a track car) but we keep the subwoofer and the ventilated seats?  

Package also includes air grabber hood but then we get satin/decklid graphic for $4k? Oh and add NAV, b/c obviously this is a car that needs it.

also, didn't realize gas guzzler tax was $3,700, yikes.

https://i.imgur.com/3yYIwsyh.jpg
View Quote

The service member special ordered it that way.
That sticker is a reprint, it doesn't have his name on it.
Dodge screwed everybody by raising the gas guzzler tax after deposits were taken & prices were agreed too.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 9:41:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By shocktrp:

That's the used one that the scumbag dealer sold out from under the guy.
They were forced to get it back, now they are auctioning it & giving away the profit to charity.
They are pretending to donate the entire auction price...
View Quote

I thought part of their deal with Dodge was firing the employees, and all of the money to charity.

Have a feeling that more bad press for only donating the profit element won't go down well with Dodge.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 9:17:48 AM EDT
[#3]

The service member special ordered it that way.
That sticker is a reprint, it doesn't have his name on it.
Dodge screwed everybody by raising the gas guzzler tax after deposits were taken & prices were agreed too.
View Quote

totally fucked up
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:10:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By madmacs69:

I thought part of their deal with Dodge was firing the employees, and all of the money to charity.

Have a feeling that more bad press for only donating the profit element won't go down well with Dodge.
View Quote

Yes, they allegedly fired 3 employees who they scapegoated - and their position is that the owner had no idea what they were doing with markups or taking sold cars away from their buyers.
They should have lost their franchises over this.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:50:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:53:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CFII] [#6]
My local dealer has 3 Demons. 200k over sticker.

I hope they rot on the lot.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 1:15:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Butternut:
Demon 170 in Panther Pink - 1 of 1. I'm really digging it, even though I know I'll be mocked for it. Haters gonna hate.

On MOPAR Insiders  

COLOR ME PINK! 2023 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon 170 Jailbreak
1-Of-1 Panther Pink Demon 170 Jailbreak Looks AMAZING!!!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/88366/447arlkg-3124168.jpg
View Quote

Wouldn’t be my choice. But it looks like it’s sitting there waiting for a Mustang driver to make fun of it and then…boom!
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 1:18:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By CFII:
My local dealer has 3 Demons. 200k over sticker.

I hope they rot on the lot.
View Quote

Thats just silly. Maybe $50k over to stay in line with auction prices but even that is pushing it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 1:29:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 4:24:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I wouldn't choose the pink myself of course but it's pretty cool.  Not every Challenger driver is a dude.

I was on the way home from some night vision training one night and another Scat Pack comes onto the highway from the ramp about 1/2 mile ahead of me.  I catch up to it and it's half black and half pink split down the middle.  Kind of a Harley Quinn vibe.  As I pull up they punch it so we end up having some driving fun for a couple minutes.  Turns out it's a big flashy gal.  I was able to look up her IG (it was pasted on her rear window) and she was like a big curvy Dominican lady lol.

wish I could recall what her IG was, I'll circle back if i can find it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 5:08:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I would absolutely drive that in Panther Pink - only mistake they made is not putting in a white leather interior.

At some point I want to build a 10-second Dart in Panther Pink to embarrass the ricers in front of their girlfriends - explain how you got crushed by a 50 year old pink car...
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 6:19:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 3:41:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 3:46:05 PM EDT
[#14]
OMG, CFII mentioned this earlier, but I had not yet seen it myself. So one the dealers local to me have two Demon 170s and they are tacking $116K to the stickers for them . I'm kinda shocked they are posting this on the web, but whatevs. But sweet baby Jesus that's full retard. I'm gonna try to follow em now, when I'm shooting the shit surfing, to see if they ever move.

Linky - i think these don't always work for some weir reson, when trying to link to one of their listings

MSRP $123,746
Adjusted Market Value $116,130
Safford Price $239,876

View Quote

https://www.securitydodgechrysler.net/new-vehicles/?_dFR%5Bmodel%5D%5B0%5D=Challenger&_dFR%5Btype%5D%5B0%5D=New

This one started with a $250K markup on each, they're coming down.
And it looks like nobody wants the stupid black ghost so it is down to MSRP.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 3:54:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 4:20:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Zak-Smith:

That's not a bad price for a Redeye actually
View Quote

could easily change wheels and badges if it came to that also.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 4:23:44 PM EDT
[#17]

could easily change wheels and badges if it came to that also.
View Quote

Also have to peel the fake gator-grain vinyl top...
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 4:55:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 8:56:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shocktrp] [#19]
New 2022 SP $10K under sticker. Downer's Grove, IL.

https://www.zeiglerchryslerdodge.com/new/Dodge/2022-Dodge-Challenger-92dccbef0a0e081d43e2c4cb78dca9b1.htm

https://www.zeiglerchryslerdodge.com/api/legacy/pse/windowsticker/dodge?vin=2C3CDZFJ8NH253922&accountId=zeiglercdjdownersgrovecllc

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Assembled/final inspection 11/2/22 - right at the end of the model year.
Probably didn't hit the dealer lot until sometime in the 1st quarter of 2023.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 9:01:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Butternut] [#20]
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 9:12:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 9:46:08 PM EDT
[#22]

Boy thats a damn good deal.

How are you finding these? I check autotrader, and cars.com on the reg and I see used ones with 20k in that range. But never a new one.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:50:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Chromekilla:

How are you finding these? I check autotrader, and cars.com on the reg and I see used ones with 20k in that range. But never a new one.
View Quote

Some I find through searching, other I find because someone else posted on another board.

This is the best deal I've seen in a while.
If you're going to jump on something you should jump on this.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 2:16:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Butternut] [#24]
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 2:45:34 PM EDT
[#25]

So here's another Chally Scat Pack from that very same dealer, that's also a regular body, that has the Dynamics Package, which the Sinamon stick example does not have. 23 w/dynamics package

According to Dodge linky - packages  the 2023 Dynamics Package will add:
DYNAMICS PACKAGE
CHALLENGER R/T SCAT PACK
   Red Brake Calipers
   20x9.5-Inch Gloss Black Drag Aluminum Wheels
   Pirelli  275/40ZR20 All-Season Performance Tires
   Adaptive Damping Suspension
   Brembo Six-Piston Fixed Front Caliper Brakes
   Leather-Wrapped Flat-Bottom Steering Whee
l

So in essence it's adding larger tires, larger wheels, higher performance brakes, and a (user adjustable) sweet adaptive damping suspension. Of course for a cost, but IMHO the upgrades pretty much make the driving experience and how hard it can be pushed for maximum shit eating grins. I'm not hating or being disparaging in any way about examples without it - hell, in my mind ANY Scat Pack with its beautiful 6.4 is gonna be a total blessing to have and more fun than should be possible without sex, rock and roll, and drugs . But you may wish to consider an example with the package. I mean, if someone is spending hard earned money on one, and especially now since the V8s are supposedly going away, IMO it should have all its potential capability available. Personally, I would not get a regular body variant without the package.

Over the years on the Dodge boards I've read about how the OE 245s are less than ideal. Actually I've read other terms used about em that ain't flattering . Consider that even in widebody flavor, with its 205s, Scats are gonna still sit and spin for a little bit when blasting the pedal to the metal.

Also these are not lightweight rockets, and IMHO powerful brakes are absolutely imperative - for performance and safety. IMHO the 6 piston fronts and 4 piston rears with that package are totally kick ass,and an incredible value. There are lots of other much more expensive super performance type vehicles from other manufacturers that don't spec 6 piston fronts.

And IMHO the adaptive damping suspension is gonna help keep it planted to the road when she gets driven spicy. Here's a Dodge board thread that has some user comments on how sweet and increadbly useful the adaptive damping system is: linky
View Quote

When i was looking at these the dynamics package was a must have on my list but then the widebody came out so that's what I got.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 2:46:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Here's our 19 regular body Scat - it definitely had something called a "Dynamics Package", and that brought beefy wide 275s and Brembos, and I think some other goodies.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/88366/smallthumbnail_20180701_183855-1899890.jpg
View Quote

always liked those wheels, very nice.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 5:02:09 PM EDT
[#27]

So here's another Chally Scat Pack from that very same dealer, that's also a regular body, that has the Dynamics Package, which the Sinamon stick example does not have. 23 w/dynamics package

According to Dodge linky - packages  the 2023 Dynamics Package will add:
DYNAMICS PACKAGE
CHALLENGER R/T SCAT PACK
   Red Brake Calipers
   20x9.5-Inch Gloss Black Drag Aluminum Wheels
   Pirelli  275/40ZR20 All-Season Performance Tires
   Adaptive Damping Suspension
   Brembo Six-Piston Fixed Front Caliper Brakes
   Leather-Wrapped Flat-Bottom Steering Whee
l

So in essence it's adding larger tires, larger wheels, higher performance brakes, and a (user adjustable) sweet adaptive damping suspension. Of course for a cost, but IMHO the upgrades pretty much make the driving experience and how hard it can be pushed for maximum shit eating grins. I'm not hating or being disparaging in any way about examples without it - hell, in my mind ANY Scat Pack with its beautiful 6.4 is gonna be a total blessing to have and more fun than should be possible without sex, rock and roll, and drugs . But you may wish to consider an example with the package. I mean, if someone is spending hard earned money on one, and especially now since the V8s are supposedly going away, IMO it should have all its potential capability available. Personally, I would not get a regular body variant without the package.

Over the years on the Dodge boards I've read about how the OE 245s are less than ideal. Actually I've read other terms used about em that ain't flattering . Consider that even in widebody flavor, with its 205s, Scats are gonna still sit and spin for a little bit when blasting the pedal to the metal.

Also these are not lightweight rockets, and IMHO powerful brakes are absolutely imperative - for performance and safety. IMHO the 6 piston fronts and 4 piston rears with that package are totally kick ass,and an incredible value. There are lots of other much more expensive super performance type vehicles from other manufacturers that don't spec 6 piston fronts.

And IMHO the adaptive damping suspension is gonna help keep it planted to the road when she gets driven spicy. Here's a Dodge board thread that has some user comments on how sweet and increadbly useful the adaptive damping system is: linky
View Quote

Will cost an extra $12K over the other one with the bigger discount.
it's not worth it, especially since the Pirelli's are garbage no matter what size you get - everyone complains about them & they end up replacing them.
(And even if you go 275's in the Nexan drag radials like I have, they still suck.)

As for the brakes - the 4-piston fronts stop almost as well as the 6-piston.
There are drawbacks to the 6-piston - it is ridiculously expensive when it's time to change pads and rotors.
Also, you are stuck with 20" fronts with the 6-piston, 18" won't fit.

If you want to go straight line fast, I would suggest sticking with narrow body, 4-piston fronts, and then if you go to the track I would get a second set of drag pack wheels (18x5 front, and 17x11 or 18x11 rears.
IMO the car also looks better with 17/18" wheels.
If you plan on going road course where you actually probably need 6-piston fronts, I would suggest spending a little more to get the widebody with 20x11 all around - it already includes the suspension.  

If I had to choose between this one and the one I posted, and it would only be used as a street car, I would definitely go with the cheaper one.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 3:55:12 PM EDT
[#28]

As for the brakes - the 4-piston fronts stop almost as well as the 6-piston.
There are drawbacks to the 6-piston - it is ridiculously expensive when it's time to change pads and rotors.
Also, you are stuck with 20" fronts with the 6-piston, 18" won't fit. .
View Quote

I’m skeered to see if the 19” wheels I have coming Thursday will clear the 6 piston brakes on my 23 WB Scst Pack.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 9:49:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Friend of mine in FL doing a channel for his Demon.

A Dolly For My Dodge Demon Crate ??
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 1:28:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Citizen904:

I’m skeered to see if the 19” wheels I have coming Thursday will clear the 6 piston brakes on my 23 WB Scst Pack.
View Quote

good luck, report back with pics!
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:06:22 PM EDT
[#31]

good luck, report back with pics!
View Quote

Thanks. Here is pic of the exact spec 19” wheel on the 390mm 6 piston brakes. Mine has 400mm brakes though.

photo hosting
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 3:04:43 PM EDT
[#32]
tire
Originally Posted By Citizen904:

Thanks. Here is pic of the exact spec 19” wheel on the 390mm 6 piston brakes. Mine has 400mm brakes though.

https://i.ibb.co/4P3wCTv/IMG-2416.jpg
photo hosting
View Quote

tires look huge!
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 1:19:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Citizen904] [#33]
tire
tires look huge!
View Quote

Yeah, the 19x12.5” race car wheels off of the Wesley Pikes Peak Widebody challenger arrived and they’re 13.3” in overall width. Definitely going to look tiny from the side vs the 20’s I have on it due to the spoke design not reaching the outer edge of the lips but the tires should be noticeably wider.

upload pic

Update: brought the used wheels and stack of 355’s to the shop and they found a crack in one of the wheels so now a repair is needed to get it to hold air. Feels like a wheel project that will never end.

private image host
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 3:02:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 7:28:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 7:29:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Is it possible to tap in to the mirror power for a camera and radar detector?
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 7:47:00 PM EDT
[#37]
sure is i have done it on mine
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 8:19:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 10:36:42 PM EDT
[#39]

nice nice!  Break it in, burn the worthless Pirellis off immediately and get you some better tires!

also, love the shirt
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 11:08:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Chromekilla:

View Quote

Find out which local dealer has rt or scatpack models in stock and call them to ask if they have any '22 models available at a discount.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 11:45:34 PM EDT
[#41]
OMG, CFII mentioned this earlier, but I had not yet seen it myself. So one the dealers local to me have two Demon 170s and they are tacking $116K to the stickers for them . I'm kinda shocked they are posting this on the web, but whatevs. But sweet baby Jesus that's full retard. I'm gonna try to follow em now, when I'm shooting the shit surfing, to see if they ever move.

Linky - i think these don't always work for some weir reson, when trying to link to one of their listings

MSRP $123,746
Adjusted Market Value $116,130
Safford Price $239,876

View Quote

Fucking insane. To think you could have a bought the last gen Viper new when they were selling for less than that is insane. Who the fuck buys a $200k Dodge?

It’s also insane to spend that money on that knowing you can buy a Vette Z06, Porsche, or a Lambo for that.

Link Posted: 2/25/2024 10:14:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 10:18:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 5:15:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By icecold1:
sure is i have done it on mine
View Quote

Nice. Any recommendation on a radar?  I already have a camera
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 5:16:19 PM EDT
[#45]

nice nice!  Break it in, burn the worthless Pirellis off immediately and get you some better tires!

also, love the shirt
View Quote

Lol!  Yea going to have to save for new tires.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 5:24:46 PM EDT
[#46]

Unless your on your way to pick up a couple of cases of bud light get rid of the splitter cover, they rattle and get grit behind them and will ruin the splitter finish if you leave them on too long.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 5:26:03 PM EDT
[#47]
mine had the summer Pirelli's on it and they are great tires so far, i think its the all seasons that suck
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 8:40:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 8:41:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By icecold1:

Unless your on your way to pick up a couple of cases of bud light get rid of the splitter cover, they rattle and get grit behind them and will ruin the splitter finish if you leave them on too long.
View Quote

yea, did that yesterday.  lol
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 8:52:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 47
Top Top