Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 46
Posted: 10/7/2020 5:29:34 PM EDT
I just scooped a Challenger SP Widebody.  I'm only about 250 miles into it but man it's fun. I've been driving trucks and SUVs for years and haven't had a car since my 20's.

Oil catch can is next I think, I'm hearing these 6.4L need them. Thoughts?

Some say these are tuned to well theres not much to do to them, even air intakes dont add HP.  Mods for HP, thoughts?

Mid muffler delete?  Only to piss off my subdivision or is there benefits other than cool sound?

Anyone getting under 4 seconds on 0-60?  My first try got a 4.3 on a 75 degree dry day at 700-ish feet above sea level.  I had some tire spin so I think I can get under 4.

pics of gear cuz this is ARF.  Thought a fun key fob was in order b/c the scat pack one just says dodge which I thought was a bummer.

Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:46:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Iguana775:

Lol!  Yea going to have to save for new tires.
View Quote

My a/S Pirelli's only lasted about 10k miles and they were terrible right from the start.  They had me thinking I was driving a hellcat.

I went with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S and they are worlds better.  Frankly, I was shocked how much better they are.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:55:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By BOSN1AC:

Fucking insane. To think you could have a bought the last gen Viper new when they were selling for less than that is insane. Who the fuck buys a $200k Dodge?

It’s also insane to spend that money on that knowing you can buy a Vette Z06, Porsche, or a Lambo for that.

View Quote

I like my Challenger but with that kind of money I'd be looking at a Porsche GT3 touring or an Aston Martin Vantage.  $200k is dumb.

As fun as the SPs and Hellcats are, they're still just entry level dodge challengers with giant motors.  As the price increases with the horsepower the refinement, fit, and finish all remain basically the same as an SXT.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 2:08:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By DV8EDD:

My a/S Pirelli's only lasted about 10k miles and they were terrible right from the start.  They had me thinking I was driving a hellcat.

I went with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S and they are worlds better.  Frankly, I was shocked how much better they are.
View Quote

cool, thanks.  i'll check those out
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 3:49:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah my Pirelli's only lasted 17-18k before I disposed of them. I went Continental 315s though.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 5:41:41 PM EDT
[#5]

cool, thanks.  i'll check those out
View Quote

Being in AZ, unless you take it out on wet roads look harder at the Pilot Sport 4S. It is a fabulous dry, hot, summer, road tire.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 11:02:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Zak-Smith:

Uniden R8 with the R8 Companion app (doesn't have to be in foreground).   Use this mount

type Status report

description Access to the specified resource has been forbidden.

Apache Tomcat/7.0.68 (Ubuntu)

" target="_blank">https://www.ebay.com/itm/115528562536
just barely forward of the healiner on the very back/top of the windshielf.
View Quote

Cool. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 11:04:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By JoseCuervo:

Being in AZ, unless you take it out on wet roads look harder at the Pilot Sport 4S. It is a fabulous dry, hot, summer, road tire.
View Quote

Ok. Will do
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 6:15:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DV8EDD] [#8]

Ok. Will do
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JoseCuervo:

Ok. Will do

That's what I went to also.  Very happy, huge improvement.

ETA - wait I said that already in previous comment lol.  anyway here's a car pic b/c it's been a while.

Link Posted: 2/28/2024 2:35:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 6:27:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I just got email from DodgeGarage, new Charger details coming next week.

Link Posted: 2/28/2024 7:59:27 PM EDT
[#11]

https://i.imgur.com/2IR27lKh.png
View Quote

https://moparinsiders.com/here-is-what-we-know-about-the-2025-dodge-charger-daytona-so-far/

Electric shit that nobody is going to buy.
When it finally arrives at the end of 2024 (as a 2025 model), it can keep the 2022 Hornets company on the dealer lots...
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By shocktrp:

https://moparinsiders.com/here-is-what-we-know-about-the-2025-dodge-charger-daytona-so-far/

Electric shit that nobody is going to buy.
When it finally arrives at the end of 2024 (as a 2025 model), it can keep the 2022 Hornets company on the dealer lots...
View Quote

Yep.

Link Posted: 2/29/2024 9:31:48 AM EDT
[#13]
e, I'm certainly not buying one.  I admit though, I'm curious what the performance is going to be like.  If they're going to hang their hat on these things they better blow the doors off a tesla plaid.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 11:50:20 AM EDT
[#14]
e, I'm certainly not buying one.  I admit though, I'm curious what the performance is going to be like.  If they're going to hang their hat on these things they better blow the doors off a tesla plaid.
View Quote

Article says the GT & RT both have 455HP (340KW).
The Scat Pack has 590HP (440KW).
You can buy a "stage kit" to bump the SP to 670HP (540KW).
They are all dual motor AWD so they should have a good 60' with good tires.

1/4 times will depend a lot on the total weight - it's hard to believe these will be heavier than the current generation - but those batteries are heavy.

Either way, they're not touching a Plaid, Demon, or Demon 170.
Will be interesting to see if they can keep up with a base Hellcat.

I predict they will sell a few, but most will sit on the lots with the rest of the Stellantis crap.
It's going to be hilarious to see the dealers try to mark them up - this will give us another reason to mock the EV buyers.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 10:42:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I thought they were putting the Hurricane in these? Either way, I hope it dents the price of the current Challengers. If they're stuck on the lot long enough, even I might buy one.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 12:55:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By killingmachine123:
I thought they were putting the Hurricane in these? Either way, I hope it dents the price of the current Challengers. If they're stuck on the lot long enough, even I might buy one.
View Quote

They said the Hurricane would come later.
it seems like all the current Hurricane production is for Jeep, and then Ram is going to get them next.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:10:20 AM EDT
[#17]

Article says the GT & RT both have 455HP (340KW).
The Scat Pack has 590HP (440KW).
You can buy a "stage kit" to bump the SP to 670HP (540KW).
They are all dual motor AWD so they should have a good 60' with good tires.

1/4 times will depend a lot on the total weight - it's hard to believe these will be heavier than the current generation - but those batteries are heavy.

Either way, they're not touching a Plaid, Demon, or Demon 170.
Will be interesting to see if they can keep up with a base Hellcat.

I predict they will sell a few, but most will sit on the lots with the rest of the Stellantis crap.
It's going to be hilarious to see the dealers try to mark them up - this will give us another reason to mock the EV buyers.
View Quote

Plus they didn't even make it look good from what I've seen.  It's like a watered down combo of a current Challenger and Charger.  It doesn't speak to me at all.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 12:32:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:28:01 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

$4300, and you still won't have your engine bay clear coated like the factory shaker's do.
Plus, you have to take apart the shaker to do an oil change.  

Guy here is looking to swap his Shaker for a regular hood - would be cheaper.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 4:34:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: madmacs69] [#20]
View Quote

It doesn't add any power... just gives you something different to look at when you rev the engine.

It's a glorified cold air intake that doesn't make any hp gains, probably due to not being sealed and the air getting hot in the engine bay.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 4:37:55 PM EDT
[#21]

https://i.imgur.com/2IR27lKh.png
View Quote

Fugly car...

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1142203_dodge-charger-s-electric-successor-to-debut-march-5
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 7:10:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:03:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DV8EDD] [#23]
Originally Posted By Butternut:
@DV8EDD

Bro I'm so thankful to God to be back in the club and have the ole 6.4 shit eating grin again! I sure missed the smiles per gallon from almost day one. I've still not yet messed with the performance pages on her, but plan to set up a custom mode like I did in the SPs, specifically for straight runs.

I think in our SPs I personally had the best runs with most stuff in sport (maybe the tranny was in track?) and always with traction in street. Not saying that's the best, but it worked best for me. The best I ever did in the WB SP Chally was 4.0 and that was on the OE all-seasons. And strangely that was on one of the hottest days we had last summer - I think that probably made the all-seasons about as sticky as they could be. And I'm not gonna lie, that was after making a good number of runs, all of which made me giggle like an eight year old.

Anyhoo here's the very first try at a run. I'm super stoked cause this was done in the default drive mode, on a slight incline since my normal secret squirrel place for runs was not available. And I did not hammer her on this as hard or as fast as I normally did with the SPs, since she's still new. But I'm sure I'll soon get comfortable with nailing her for all she's got, and I'll post results. Stoked and excited like a kid since I'm pretty certain I'll be able to beat that 4.0 best I got in the Chally with a little thought and playing with the performance page settings. And as we all know, it ain't that final number that's most pleasurable, but the beautiful exercise of working for it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/88366/thumbnail_20240301_172406-3146246.jpg

View Quote

ETA i like the dash.  I prefer a digital dash that can be customized myself.

hell yeah!!!  And you get all the things that come with driving an SUV from storage to safety to winter driving.

You'll get that time down for sure, and the custom modes will probably help.  My custom setup is street suspension, sport steering, sport traction (i think), track transmission.  That tends to work best for me and how I drive.  

Recently got my best time in track mode though which surprised me.  No launch control, just roll on throttle.

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 1:01:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Butternut] [#24]
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 7:04:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Got the 355/30/19 tires on the back on 19x12.5 wheels. I have identical wheels/ tires going up front once one of them gets back from a barrel replacement at the manufacturer.

hospice of the western reserve
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Citizen904:
Got the 355/30/19 tires on the back on 19x12.5 wheels. I have identical wheels/ tires going up front once one of them gets back from a barrel replacement at the manufacturer.

https://i.ibb.co/kQHrYXc/IMG-2708.jpg
View Quote

Does anybody make that tire size in a drag radial?
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:20:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Citizen904] [#27]

View Quote

No but there’s a 390/40/17 drag radial that is this wide and closer to stock tire height that might work. It’s only 34 lbs on the specs. Apparently it’s more like a  365 wide at 14.3” across.

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:37:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 9:56:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Sweet time!

ETA you're getting into HC times brother - per this Car and Driver review linky   "the last Challenger SRT Redeye Widebody we tested roared to 60 mph in 3.6 seconds and completed the quarter-mile..."
View Quote

Hard enough keeping this thing sticking to the road, I cant imagine how the HC would want to break lose.  I bet this thing would do 3.5 in the right conditions.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 9:57:48 AM EDT
[#30]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

looks super aggressive, curious to see how they perform!
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 12:07:43 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Just saw this on FB, sent you a FR.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 12:07:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 12:33:42 PM EDT
[#33]
May bear repeating for newer folks to the thread and/or those that maybe didn't read their owner's manual yet - the specified oil change interval for these beasts is the shorter of every 6mos or every 6K miles. I know not everyone does this, and not here to fight , but you may wish to consider this unusual interval while under warranty or if ya bought a MOPAR extended one.

View Quote

Oil doesn't go bad from sitting. Surely this has got to be a gotcha, well sorry you only drove 500 miles but you didn't change the oil so claim denied.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 5:57:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Chromekilla:

Oil doesn't go bad from sitting. Surely this has got to be a gotcha, well sorry you only drove 500 miles but you didn't change the oil so claim denied.
View Quote

They say it's because acids from the metal get into the oil & degrade it.
Sounds like BS...
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 9:34:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 9:47:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:41:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DV8EDD] [#37]
I snagged one of the very last black WB HC M6's:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/30014/IMG_9783-3148632.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/30014/IMG_8155-3148637.jpg

Just got it delivered today.

That means I may have a sub-300-mile "Destroyer Gray" WB HC Auto for sale in about two weeks.
View Quote

hell yeah, congrats!!  Sooo how much for the HC?  Forum buddy price....

As for the oil topicoil, I'm at 11k miles on my 2020 and have decided to let it go a bit longer than 6 months this time. I think I'm at 7.5 months now, gasp.

There was a thread on oils recently and there was a couple guys in the industry that seemed to really know their stuff (cant recall who, maybe someone in this thread).  

Anyway, sounds like the 5k thing is hyper-aggressive so I'm taking a calculated risk.  Caused partly by the fact that I just cant find the time to bring it in and i dont have the gear to do my own.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:55:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 2:27:45 PM EDT
[#39]
I snagged one of the very last black WB HC M6's:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/30014/IMG_9783-3148632.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/30014/IMG_8155-3148637.jpg

Just got it delivered today.

That means I may have a sub-300-mile "Destroyer Gray" WB HC Auto for sale in about two weeks.
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 2:28:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Are those oil catch cans needed?  I see some people add those on. Not sure the purpose
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:15:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Are those oil catch cans needed?  I see some people add those on. Not sure the purpose
View Quote

Needed? No.  It could help in the long term.  I added one and it's captured about 1/2 cup of oil over 11k miles since I bought mine new in 2020.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:46:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 9:37:35 AM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

well at least if that price is real it's not marked up like others we've seen.

what rear tires do those came with anyway?
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 9:48:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: madmacs69] [#44]
Pretty sure MSRP was supposed to be around $100k without options ($2k sunroof, $16k lightweight wheels, etc).

315/50R-17 at the rear - Mickey Thompson ET Street R.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 1:51:39 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

Not bad. I like the color as well.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 1:55:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 5:53:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By madmacs69:
Pretty sure MSRP was supposed to be around $100k without options ($2k sunroof, $16k lightweight wheels, etc).

315/50R-17 at the rear - Mickey Thompson ET Street R.
View Quote

copy that
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 6:01:22 PM EDT
[#48]

Probably      If anyone's interested shoot me an email and I can send details over.
View Quote

Man, wish it was in the cards for me.  My Scat Pack is more than half paid off and I have a great rate on the loan. And it's ben an insanely expensive year with medical bills and an Ireland trip we just booked.

My wife mostly lets me do what i want but I think she'd be heated if I scooped an $80k car that looks exactly like (in her eyes) my current $50k car.

good luck with the sale and enjoy rowing those gears!
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:04:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:
Not bad. I like the color as well.
View Quote

Looks like they have regular '23 scat packs from $43.3k too.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 12:14:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BM-ARM-DPMS-guns] [#50]
Originally Posted By madmacs69:

Looks like they have regular '23 scat packs from $43.3k too.
View Quote

I’ve got 4 Challngers sitting in my barn right now and the only way I’d add another is if there was a good deal on a Demon or 170. My 19 Redeye is the top dog of my stable.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 46
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top