Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2005 2:35:58 PM EDT
Does anyone have any links to forums or websites that deal with first generation camaros ( 67 - 69).
All the websites I seem to find are geared more toward the newer models. I would like one that has info on restorations, and parts sources and also perhaps a classified section of cars for sale. Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 2:42:24 PM EDT
[#1]
www.camaros.net/forums/

The best one out there.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 2:44:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I do business with these folks.  I have had very good luck.

firstgen.com/

To get to this:

Link Posted: 7/25/2005 2:54:17 PM EDT
[#3]
www.camaros.net/

Beat me to it XM-15!
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 3:03:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys those are great sites and TexasSIG that car is spectacular
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 3:04:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Well, I paid Ricks rent for a while....
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 5:45:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 5:56:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, I paid Ricks rent for a while....

Dammit man..you can't post a pic without specs...engine? Tranny? Reax axle? Interior?
Numbers matching?

396 L89 (aluminum heads) 4.11 rear, Muncie close ratio 4 speed "Rock Crusher"
Standard interior, console guages and tic-toc tac.

It's a 1968, so there is no such thing as "numbers matching".  The car is the proper color,
engine, tranny, and rear end numbers and build dates are proper, but there is no such
thing as a numbers matching Camaro in 1968, and if anyone tries to sell you one, run

It is "numbers proper" and that's as good as you can do in 1968.  Basically you need to verify that
the engine, rear, and tranny were all built at the right locations and all built BEFORE the body.

My engine is a Tonawanda NY build and the running gear was built apprx 3-4 months before
the body.  That is consistent with an original car, and this car is appraised by Kruse at
around $45,000.

Watch out when buying first gens, there are lots of slimy sellers out there.

Research, research.

Yes, the bolt is rusted.  Yes, that is proper. No the heads are not painted, they are really aluminum.
Yes, the Fram air filter is wrong, but it works better.  (I've heard it all can you tell?)

Link Posted: 7/25/2005 7:16:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top