Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2007 5:01:20 PM EDT
I read this thread...

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=601471

... and was thinking. The two things everyone wants to do for a soldier, hero, winning quarterback etc. is "lemme buy you a beer" or "lets have a cigar".

I challenge everyone in the cigar forum. If you support our troops, please support one of these guys and send him one of your cigars from your humidor. Each of these guys is posted in the thread because they are "hard up for some support from the home front."

It's easy, wait for the address and mail him a cigar. Think about this thread the next time you are in the easy chair having a fine smoke. Now imagine yourself under a tank doing mechanical work at 115 degrees feeling unappreciated because all you hear from home is liberal babble and nobody has sent you ANY of the comfort of home in months.

They live in a garage for crying out loud. Gift them a fine cigar. Put it in a bag with a small moist towel. Drop it in the mail. Smile while you are in the easy chair smoking a fine one, and wonder if the soldier you sent it to is behind his garage home enjoying his.
Link Posted: 7/26/2007 5:29:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/26/2007 5:57:00 PM EDT
[#2]
So your in?

I'll post the address when I get from the guy who started that other thread.

I am sending a tin of Macanudo minis over to the first guy in the thread so he is covered.

I'm sure your donation will mean the world to those guys.
Link Posted: 7/26/2007 6:19:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Send me the mailing address for my fellow Texan, and I will get him together a care package.  

What else in addition to some stogies would they prefer?  

Thanks for the suggestion!!  

Link Posted: 7/26/2007 6:31:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/26/2007 7:14:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So your in?
I'd like to send a whole bundle over and have one of the guys pass them out so everyone can have a few.

Or I can hit my stash from the Ybor trip and mail some individuals.

Which is best?

The more the merrier!

Link Posted: 7/26/2007 7:57:34 PM EDT
[#6]
When i was in AFG and HOA theatres i could easily aquire much better cigars than what could be legally sent from Conus. thats where i developed my Siglo-VI habit. although you guys get Kudos for thinking of something original. most guys over there i know agree that if they get one more phone card/baby wipes/granola bar box my head would explode.
Link Posted: 7/26/2007 7:58:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Count me in too waldo. Let me know who to send them too I can send 10-15 good ones out. Would like to maybe send to one and have them disperse if that is ok
USAF 84-88
Link Posted: 7/26/2007 8:21:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Count me in too waldo. Let me know who to send them too I can send 10-15 good ones out. Would like to maybe send to one and have them disperse if that is ok
USAF 84-88

I am hoping if every one of them gets a few cigars they will share. I'm going to include a note in mine with the other names and ask him to light one up with the group.

Don't send KUDOs my way I merely rolled a thread over into the cigar forum since the ARFCOM community wasnt jumping on that other thread. We gotta show support somehow and I knew you afficianados could do it right daemon734 put this all together and as soon as he posts the address in the other thread or PMs me I'll put it here and it can be on!
Link Posted: 7/26/2007 9:38:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Count me in, thanks
Link Posted: 7/27/2007 3:05:24 AM EDT
[#10]
The address

From daemon 734

here is a general address you can use to send things to people in the outpost, just plant their name in front or address it to simply HQ PLT, COP CAHILL

B Co
1-15IN 3HBCT 3ID
APO AE 09308-5956

Again, here is the thread that got this rolling...

This is going to be awesome!
Link Posted: 7/27/2007 4:46:03 AM EDT
[#11]
ost
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 7:10:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I read this thread...

... and was thinking. The two things everyone wants to do for a soldier, hero, winning quarterback etc. is "lemme buy you a beer" or "lets have a cigar".

I challenge everyone in the cigar forum. If you support our troops, please support one of these guys and send him one of your cigars from your humidor. Each of these guys is posted in the thread because they are "hard up for some support from the home front."

It's easy, wait for the address and mail him a cigar. Think about this thread the next time you are in the easy chair having a fine smoke. Now imagine yourself under a tank doing mechanical work at 115 degrees feeling unappreciated because all you hear from home is liberal babble and nobody has sent you ANY of the comfort of home in months.

They live in a garage for crying out loud. Gift them a fine cigar. Put it in a bag with a small moist towel. Drop it in the mail. Smile while you are in the easy chair smoking a fine one, and wonder if the soldier you sent it to is behind his garage home enjoying his.

Waldo, you get a great big +1gazillion!

Me and some of the guys in my platoon put a close on many a day in Iraq by smoking fine cigars, usually ordered either from Famous Smoke of Easton PA or picked up by a buddy of mine in Austin TX at Heroes and Legacies.  The experience was improved by another friend who managed to send us a large box of strike anywhere matches and yet another friend who sent an Otter Box humidor.

I became quite the fan of the Rocky Patel line of cigars, but Punch and Macanudo are still my consistent "go to" cigars.  I've a friend currently spending time in Iraq and next time I get to Austin, he's going to be getting a couple of nice cigars, matches and a cutter.

This is a fine idea and it's a great way to ensure that local cigar shops get more business!

All the best,
GB
Ft Hood, TX

PS: I'm going back later this year and I plan on doubling my collection of cigar bands (I kept the bands from every cigar I smoked over there).
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 2:56:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I sent a care package to a fellow arfcomer earlier in the year.  I also threw in several cigars and the gf added some cookies.  Both were really appreciated.  So send some other stuff along with the stogies.  I'm going to get another care package together next week when my new smokes come in the mail.
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 6:32:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 9:10:39 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The address

From daemon 734

here is a general address you can use to send things to people in the outpost, just plant their name in front or address it to simply HQ PLT, COP CAHILL

B Co
1-15IN 3HBCT 3ID
APO AE 09308-5956

Again, here is the thread that got this rolling...

This is going to be awesome!

Guys,

TC6969 was kind enough to move my post to Waldo's.

I would SUGGEST you send your gifts directly to a soldier.  I simply don't trust things that are sent to HQ as too many times those are the folks who garb first and those farther out on the spear get last or no picks.

Only a suggestion.

5sub

Oh,

I get the idea from our member daemon - who is in Iraq and has chosen these soldiers - that these men have sorta been forgotten by family and friends back home.  I'm certain they will be most grateful for any show of support from here.........from those of us here at AR15.com.

On a different thread, we lost two last week but they helped take out over one hundred.  This is a small recon group working the high mountains in the Afghan.  The sniper with this group...........his Father and his Father's best friend are members here with us.

There were two Apaches flying support .........one pilot- the one with the balls - ran as the area got hotter and hotter.  The other pilot - the one with no balls - stayed, went through RPG and small arms fire and blew the shit out of the bad guys.  HER new nik is "The Animal".

We have those soldiers well covered and it is these that I bring before you that I'm worried about now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top