Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2020 11:42:09 AM EDT
Have a pair of Hexohm v2 running the same head on both, time for new batteries - someone suggested Sanyo NCR18650GA, but im not familiar with the amps / electrical side of this, are these safe?

Also guess I need some help with coils, id be willing to pay or buy the tools necessary, I just have no idea where to start and don't want to blow my face off.

thanks.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 2:06:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Familiarize yourself with Ohm's law and Watt's law. If you ever make your own coils or use mechanical mods this is a must. You can use an online calculator like steam-engine to make it easier.

Or just tell what device and atomizer you're using
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 1:15:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I would stick with the tried and true 18650s; Samsung 30Q or HG LG2, purchased from a reputable vendor, to avoid counterfeits. I like Illumn for batteries.

But you only told us what mods you're using. What tank/atomizer are you using? More than likely, the batteries I mentioned are more than capable of powering your setup safely. Let us know what you're using, though.

As for coils, that too depends on what tank/atomizer you're using. I'm guessing some sort of rebuildable, since you mentioned possibly getting tools. I became too lazy to keep rolling my own coils, so I just buy premade Clapton coils that I can use in my rebuildables. Wotofo brand, I believe. I still have a ton of wire to roll my own if the need arises, though.

Link Posted: 11/8/2020 6:58:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:
I would stick with the tried and true 18650s; Samsung 30Q or HG LG2, purchased from a reputable vendor, to avoid counterfeits. I like Illumn for batteries.

But you only told us what mods you're using. What tank/atomizer are you using? More than likely, the batteries I mentioned are more than capable of powering your setup safely. Let us know what you're using, though.

As for coils, that too depends on what tank/atomizer you're using. I'm guessing some sort of rebuildable, since you mentioned possibly getting tools. I became too lazy to keep rolling my own coils, so I just buy premade Clapton coils that I can use in my rebuildables. Wotofo brand, I believe. I still have a ton of wire to roll my own if the need arises, though.

View Quote

This right here...
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 8:29:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the green Samsung 18650 now, wrap is starting to shred so its time for new.

im using this rda - https://www.528custom.com/collections/frontpage/products/goon-v1-5-rda-stainless-steel?variant=30091257282665

as mentioned above I guess ill have to spend some time becoming familiar with ohms etc and learning to build, this came with backup coils which seem very similar to what I have, maybe a drop thicker gauge wise.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 8:30:34 PM EDT
[#5]
hex ohm V2 mod
Goon V 1.5 RDA
Top Top