Page / 12
Posted: 12/16/2019 10:34:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rat_Patrol]
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:47:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Panther1911] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:

$0.43/in!?

I would print them in two pieces. A round disc top and a square or octoganal dowel which can be printed "laying down" and then simply press fit them together.

You should be able to get 10" fairly easily on even a modest 3D printer bed, as you can orient them diagonally.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Panther1911:

something like this work?

$0.43/in!?

I would print them in two pieces. A round disc top and a square or octoganal dowel which can be printed "laying down" and then simply press fit them together.

You should be able to get 10" fairly easily on even a modest 3D printer bed, as you can orient them diagonally.

mc master usually isn't the cheapest, but they have a good selection of stuff

ETA: here are some from amazon
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 1:25:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#2]
@TOTHEMAX something like this?

Ignore the length. This was just a test.

Fits just fine down a 22LR barrel. Anything smaller would be iffy, so 17HMR is a no go, as is 204 Ruger.

Link Posted: 3/20/2023 5:42:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 5:42:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TOTHEMAX:

@-Obsessed-

Yes that would be perfect.

They honestly only need to be about that long as most of my rifles are only a few inches from the top of the shelf anyway.

Shoot me a message with a price please.
View Quote

You good with white or...?

Just cover shipping. PM me your address.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 10:38:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Thump_rrr] [#5]
Can someone please clean up an STL file for me.
A 5 year old could probably do a better job than me.
I'm trying to add a bullet tray to my Hornady LnL AP Progressive press but my light is in the way.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4699476/files
It's the one called HDY_Old_Press_Screw_Style.stl
I need a notch 5mm deep and 10mm wide.

This is my masterpiece
https://www.tinkercad.com/things/jRmBo51lHt6?sharecode=427LZW-jbh495zWFAgnY-26JJ4cpFeqeiDSGVvN_JIk
Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:24:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rat_Patrol] [#6]
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 12:04:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Thump_rrr] [#7]
Originally Posted By Rat_Patrol:
@Thump_rrr

Yeah, maybe you could take some critical measurements for me?

ETA: Yeah, I'm getting some weird scaling issues going on here, and converting to inches isn't fixing it.
View Quote

Width of the pocket 1.0125
Depth of the pocket is 0.825”
Thickness 0.7835
Spacing between screw holes 1.750”

I’m trying to add a notch 0.400” wide and 0.200” deep for my LED Light to fit.
[url=https://postimg.cc/gX4CBNgM]
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 1:26:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Rat_Patrol] [#8]
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 2:23:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Rat_Patrol:
Done, just need the diameter of the screw holes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/165887/Press_Mount_v2-2753807.jpg
View Quote

Thanks Again.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 12:42:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rat_Patrol] [#10]
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 8:09:03 PM EDT
[#11]
If I where to draw a small thing on graphing paper, would anyone be willing to print it with a high strength black filament?

It's a modified version of the rear sight on my new keltec sub 2000. I don't like the available aftermarket sights, but would like a taller "factory" sight.

I searched for a pre-made stl file with no luck, maybe one already exists that I'm not seeing?

I have no problems making scaled and detailed drawings , I just don't CAD or know anything about 3d printing.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 9:40:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 13Joker:
If I where to draw a small thing on graphing paper, would anyone be willing to print it with a high strength black filament?

It's a modified version of the rear sight on my new keltec sub 2000. I don't like the available aftermarket sights, but would like a taller "factory" sight.

I searched for a pre-made stl file with no luck, maybe one already exists that I'm not seeing?

I have no problems making scaled and detailed drawings , I just don't CAD or know anything about 3d printing.
View Quote

Post the drawing and somebody might be able to help
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:28:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Alright, I'll try to get it drawn up this weekend.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 10:17:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 13Joker] [#14]
So here is what I came out with. It's just a "factory style" sight except .060 taller and the peep hole is bigger.

On the actual factory sight there is a cost cutting cavity on the backside and some dumbness with the hinge pin hole that I eliminated, as well.

Some of this is drawn in my best freehand
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Pics of factory sight for reference in next post.

Edit: fixed some missing important dimensions.

Link Posted: 4/29/2023 10:20:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Some reference pics of actual factory sight.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

The best my potato could do.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 10:08:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TexCorriente] [#16]
Do you know what the two arms on either side do?
Those look like they might be fragile.

It is well within my ability to model, and probably to print. But I've only done PLA and PETG, and those arms might not hold up.

Some pics of it installed on the gun in the stowed and deployed positions would help ke out
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 1:28:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By TexCorriente:
Do you know what the two arms on either side do?
Those look like they might be fragile.

It is well within my ability to model, and probably to print. But I've only done PLA and PETG, and those arms might not hold up.

Some pics of it installed on the gun in the stowed and deployed positions would help ke out
View Quote

The two arms ride in grooves that unfold it to verticle as you deploy the barrel. Low stress (I believe, can't see why it wouldn't be) and there maybe room to beef them up.

I'll get the pics you want and see if there is room for reinforcement this afternoon.

Thanks for taking a look at it!
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 6:15:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 13Joker] [#18]
Some more pics.

Not much to see when closed.
Attachment Attached File

Midway open. Friction on the hinge pin lifts the sight up until the arms contact a shelf in the grove (circled). Attachment Attached File

"objective" side when fully deployed. Can see the arms making contact with the shelf.
Attachment Attached File

"ocular" side when deployed.
Attachment Attached File

So the horizontal part of the arms could be made the same thickness as the main body of the sight. The vertical part could only be made thicker in the top 1/16" or so because there is another shelf in the groove that the arms also contact when closed.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Thanks again! @TexCorriente
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 9:06:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Can someone print me this? https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5452606
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 10:09:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Would someone be willing to help me build out a p10c magwell that uses the pin for the back strap to stay put? That would be awesome. I am not experience in CAD so I’m going to start learning. Thank you.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 12:03:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:
Can someone print me this? https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5452606
View Quote

IM Sent
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 4:17:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scul] [#22]
Request this printed in clear or white translucent PETG, please.  I don't have clear, and only translucent is blue, so not appropriate for a diffuser.

https://github.com/MotorDynamicsLab/LDOVoron0/blob/main/STLs/Kirigami/%5Bc%5D_Stealth_Bed_Diffuser.stl

edit: Disregard, I ordered some samples from Atomic Filaments of clear and white PETG.  Forgot for a moment they have the 50g samples...
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 5:54:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Does anyone have an STL or a link for the Chairmanwon 19X with a standard Glock mag release instead of the printed proprietary one?  I don’t like the printed one that the 19X comes with and would prefer to use the one that comes with the parts kits.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 11:35:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By 13Joker:
Some more pics.

Not much to see when closed.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/472093/20230502_161540_jpg-2803623.JPG

Midway open. Friction on the hinge pin lifts the sight up until the arms contact a shelf in the grove (circled). https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/472093/20230502_163341_jpg-2803631.JPG

"objective" side when fully deployed. Can see the arms making contact with the shelf.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/472093/20230502_161050_jpg-2803634.JPG

"ocular" side when deployed.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/472093/20230502_161101_jpg-2803636.JPG

So the horizontal part of the arms could be made the same thickness as the main body of the sight. The vertical part could only be made thicker in the top 1/16" or so because there is another shelf in the groove that the arms also contact when closed.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/472093/20230502_170955_jpg-2803669.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/472093/20230502_170850_jpg-2803670.JPG

Thanks again! @TexCorriente
View Quote

Forgot about this!
I'm going to start modeling it out
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 9:20:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: davewvu86] [#25]
Can someone help me with this model from Thingiverse? It's to hold a small JBL Flip 4 speaker. The arms that wrap around the speaker keep breaking off. I'm printing in PETG. I was hoping someone could make them thicker in the highlighted area.

Happy to email you the .STL.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 1:37:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#26]
Originally Posted By davewvu86:
Can someone help me with this model from Thingiverse? It's to hold a small JBL Flip 4 speaker. The arms that wrap around the speaker keep breaking off. I'm printing in PETG. I was hoping someone could make them thicker in the highlighted area.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/181234/Capture_PNG-2840582.JPG
View Quote

Print orientation matters. How are you printing this? It should be printed standing up. With the XY plane showing a circular cross section with the arms.

Alternatively, decrease your cooling. That print doesn't look like it should have issues with the arms snapping.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 7:51:20 PM EDT
[#27]

Print orientation matters. How are you printing this? It should be printed standing up. With the XY plane showing a circular cross section with the arms.

Alternatively, decrease your cooling. That print doesn't look like it should have issues with the arms snapping.
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/181234/Capture_PNG-2840582.JPG

Funny you mentioned orientation. I was printing it flat, which of course is the weakest for those arms. After posting I contemplated printing it again at 45 degrees. Vertical would be even better and have fewer supports. I'll give it another shot. Thanks for the ideas!
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 7:54:33 PM EDT
[#28]

Funny you mentioned orientation. I was printing it flat, which of course is the weakest for those arms. After posting I contemplated printing it again at 45 degrees. Vertical would be even better and have fewer supports. I'll give it another shot. Thanks for the ideas!
View Quote

Anytime. I do a TON (virtually 100%) of functional/mechanical prints so I think about this kinda stuff a lot.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 8:52:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Could someone print this thing if it's not too hard to do? I can email the stl file. It's a mount to attach a camera to NV.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 10:43:49 PM EDT
[#30]

Anytime. I do a TON (virtually 100%) of functional/mechanical prints so I think about this kinda stuff a lot.
View All Quotes

Thanks again! It worked great changing the orientation. I also turned the fan way down. Somehow it was turned to 100. I think I forgot to change it when I switched from PLA to PETG.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:06:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#31]

Thanks again! It worked great changing the orientation. I also turned the fan way down. Somehow it was turned to 100. I think I forgot to change it when I switched from PLA to PETG.
View Quote

I never turn my fan on past 50% on PETG, and that's only on bridges. Normally I do either 0% or up to 20%, depends on the print. I usually go for max strength. I have a profile in which my print lines are just as strong as the regular print. Print nice and hot, a little slow, with thick layer lines and 0% cooling and you'll be amazed at layer adhesion. It's pretty incredible.

Glad it worked out for you!

Link Posted: 6/11/2023 10:40:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Can someone print this MP5 Vise Block for me?
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 6:27:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AKzgalore] [#33]
Originally Posted By DekNgo:
View Quote

I might be able to, DM me. Lower-quality FDM would do it?

Not a print request per se, but would anyone have an .STL or other CAD file to this piece? It's a charging handle plug for an upper receiver. Need to do modifications to the design to it to get it to a useful state for what I want.

Link Posted: 6/17/2023 10:58:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By TexCorriente:

Forgot about this!
I'm going to start modeling it out
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/18/2023 8:11:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By fortydelta:
Could someone print this thing if it's not too hard to do? I can email the stl file. It's a mount to attach a camera to NV.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/96899/Screenshot_20230608_195125_Facebook_jpg-2844572.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/96899/Screenshot_20230608_195140_Facebook_jpg-2844573.JPG
View Quote

Did anyone take care of this for you? If not let me know and Ill PM you my email.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 8:13:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By AKzgalore:

Not a print request per se, but would anyone have an .STL or other CAD file to this piece? It's a charging handle plug for an upper receiver. Need to do modifications to the design to it to get it to a useful state for what I want.

https://lolotactical.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/plug.jpg
View Quote

Which CAD program do you use? Might be helpful to know so whoever can help you could possibly give you a native file vs a STEP or IGES file.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 9:15:08 AM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Still looking for someone able to print this in PLA+ for me.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 11:41:29 AM EDT
[#38]

Which CAD program do you use? Might be helpful to know so whoever can help you could possibly give you a native file vs a STEP or IGES file.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AKzgalore:

https://lolotactical.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/plug.jpg

I'm fine with either SolidWorks, AutoCAD, and PTC Creo. I prefer SW though. Thanks for asking!
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 10:29:09 PM EDT
[#39]

Still looking for someone able to print this in PLA+ for me.
View Quote

@DekNgo

I can print this, PM your address.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 10:37:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Drunktech:

@DekNgo

View Quote

Thanks for offering @Drunktech, but @mPisi has already agreed to print it for me.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:25:26 PM EDT
[#41]

Thanks for offering @Drunktech, but @mPisi has already agreed to print it for me.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Drunktech:

@DekNgo

I was laughing that my wifi to the printer shed wasn't working, so I couldn't offer a streaming video service.  The future is amazing.  Should ship out tomorrow @Drunktech
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:01:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By mPisi:

I was laughing that my wifi to the printer shed wasn't working, so I couldn't offer a streaming video service.  The future is amazing.  Should ship out tomorrow @Drunktech
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVipVf4jGrY
View Quote

Awesome! Thanks @mPisi
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 8:22:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Looking for a magazine extension for Tikka T1X magazines. Any + count...+2, +4... I can find places which sell the extensions, would like to just print my own but cant find a file.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 5:45:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RolandofGilead] [#44]
I'm looking for a mag floor plate. I can't believe that an STL isn't floating around out there. This is what I need, for a P2000/sk

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/gadget/hk-german-p2000-sk-magazine-floor-plate-extend-high-profiles

If someone has this floating around I'd really appreciate the STL...or if it's super easy just to make one...but I also don't want anyone to waste a bunch of time since I can just buy the STL for $9. I'm just reluctant to buy an STL you know lol.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 5:17:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rDigital] [#46]
Originally Posted By bulldog1967:
I figured this is the right forum.

I do sound for bands as a side hustle.

Recently built a baltic birch mixer table for my sound mixer.

Bought 4 of these legs:https://www.tablelegsonline.com/break-away-removable-system-table-leg/

OD is 2-3/8".

Would like a set of 3d-printed brackets I can screw to the bottom of the table when transporting it.

Would like the brackets to be friction-fit to the legs.

Thanks
View Quote

Like this?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6133106/files
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/24/2023 6:23:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rat_Patrol] [#47]
Looking for a few files. First being a a minimalist trigger guard holster for a Beretta 21a. Just a no go on the NFA stuff here, sorry. Rat_Patrol
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 9:38:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NAM] [#48]
Installed a Micro Swiss hotend/direct extruder. Got to the end of the install, and found out that my 3 Max fan shroud won't fit on the new Micro Swiss extruder. Undoing all the printing would be a pain in the ass. I'm going to try to temporarily affix the fan shroud in place (or out of the way) and see if I can print the correct shroud. If that fails...would anyone be able to print me one?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4786153

Eta: so far, so good! Zip tie FTW.

Link Posted: 8/8/2023 9:28:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Can someone please print me one of these?
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6124936

It's a small piece that holds a battery connector in an RC car.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 9:12:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Top Top