Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/14/2010 9:50:18 PM EDT
[#1]
It's really a Mattel.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2010 11:17:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
http://media.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=16269

Came in yesterday.  I'm going to try and get my shit together this year to SBR it.

Good on you.

I wish they wouldn't mark them "MULTI" ...
Link Posted: 2/14/2010 11:21:49 PM EDT
[#3]

will these be ridiculously priced?

Link Posted: 2/15/2010 4:10:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Did you guys have to fax in an FFL, or does Arfcom take an emailed copy?

Mine was e-mailed

Do you remember to what email addy?

You are gonna have to wait. The first batches are for lifers and staff.
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 4:12:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you guys have to fax in an FFL, or does Arfcom take an emailed copy?

Mine was e-mailed

Do you remember to what email addy?

You are gonna have to wait. The first batches are for lifers and staff.

I know, but I want to be ahead of the game.

Link Posted: 2/15/2010 4:22:15 AM EDT
[#6]
That's pretty slick.

Link Posted: 2/15/2010 4:36:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Me want one.
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 7:53:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 9:05:43 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm on my way to my FFL to pick up mine today.  Number 48
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 9:16:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Well this made it here sooner than planned, but no big deal. I'll try to give a bit of information on this project for everyone so things are clear.

PHOTOS

http://media.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=15511

http://media.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=15512

Why doesn't the selector have a "Fffffuuuuuuuuuu" position?

Link Posted: 2/15/2010 11:47:28 AM EDT
[#11]
LINK TO A FULL SIZE PICTURE:  HERE

ARF000148 - FRONT

ARF000148 - BACK

ARF000149 - FRONT

ARF000149 - BACK

ARF000150 - FRONT

ARF000150 - BACK

Link Posted: 2/16/2010 6:15:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I have #69
Link Posted: 2/16/2010 6:37:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh man, I gotta have one of these.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2010 7:15:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Goatboy,
Any chance you could set up a pre-order now for us mere mortals that want in on this?
Or should we just stay tuned and hope we get in on time when they become available?

Link Posted: 2/17/2010 4:50:44 AM EDT
[#15]
We lifers didn't buy them all up. We saved some for you guys, not many, but some.    Plus the second batch has been ordered.

Paper work is in place, all the i's have been dotted, all "T' have crossed, perproduction samples approved, so the wait will be quick as compaired to the lifers.

We waited 2 yeasr for these to come to life, the other members won't wait hardly as long.

My #48 is in hand. Sure is nice. My first stripped lower.
Link Posted: 2/17/2010 4:58:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Nice....but as another poster mentioned, theres no "fffffuuuuuuuuu" position on the selector switch!

When these are produced, mark me down for two.
Link Posted: 2/17/2010 5:01:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Goat,

Would we be able to pick a serial # if available. 187 would be a nice number.

Link Posted: 2/17/2010 8:47:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/17/2010 8:57:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/17/2010 9:05:02 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Oh and it's pronounced "honey oye" falls.

Goatboy... I'm in Genesee County.  Can I drive out to Honeoye Falls and buy one FTF?

Link Posted: 2/17/2010 10:03:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Well this made it here sooner than planned, but no big deal. I'll try to give a bit of information on this project for everyone so things are clear.

PHOTOS
http://media.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=15511

http://media.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=15512

Why doesn't the selector have a "Fffffuuuuuuuuuu" position?

Quoted:
Nice....but as another poster mentioned, theres no "fffffuuuuuuuuu" position on the selector switch!

When these are produced, mark me down for two.

That would in fact be awesome.  Needs the logo to follow the theme (though they should put ffffffuuuuuu in smaller letters underneath it )
Link Posted: 2/17/2010 10:19:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Looks a little scuffed and beat up. Just the pictures, or what?

It was thrown down a driveway first, duh.

ETA: Beat on the first page of course!
Link Posted: 2/17/2010 4:30:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Just picked this up today:

Link Posted: 2/17/2010 5:50:23 PM EDT
[#24]
that is a sweet lower....I am into this one ..

this forum has been great to me and i am going to renew this within the next couple of weeks...
Link Posted: 2/19/2010 5:25:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't post "the" link.

So when would these be available for the common folk to buy?  I know us "serfs" are getting restless.  

I don't want to give any inaccurate or incorrect info, really only certain Staff/Administrators can provide authoritative details.  What follows is only my understanding of the matter...

The first batch took a long time to get in and were offered first to Lifetime members and Staff.  Another batch has already been ordered and Mods will get a turn.  There are plans to make these available to everyone but the timeline is unknown.

I'd be willing to bet that the "serfs" will wait much less time than the lifetime members did.  Some of the LT members have been waiting for literally years. So being a "serf" isn't really so bad

Long time indeed. The original post that I responded to with interest was Posted: 4/23/2008 6:53:25 AM EST

I didn't even notice the thread until page 7 and Posted: 5/31/2009 6:53:46 PM EST

I swear I thought I indicated interest earlier than last year, but apparently not. When I saw the date of the original posts, I figured it wasn't happening. I am happy that it has. I have thought about getting the right side engraved with the lifetime 4 stars logo to match. That side is kind of plain already, it almost needs something. Now I have my waiting period and should be picking it up next week. Got to get my LPK ordered soon.
Link Posted: 2/19/2010 5:34:44 PM EDT
[#26]

Got mine today. Sorry its got lint on it. I have been oiling it up.

Link Posted: 2/19/2010 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/WhiteWolfe/Firearms/DSC04731.jpg

Wow, you did a great job whiting the letters.  How exactly did you do that?
Link Posted: 2/19/2010 6:11:55 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/WhiteWolfe/Firearms/DSC04731.jpg

Wow, you did a great job whiting the letters.  How exactly did you do that?

White Crayon

ETA: More detail. Once I got it all filled it I used a rag to wipe the excess away. You have to rub hard. Once you get most if it off use your favorite oil to clean it the rest of the way.

Link Posted: 2/19/2010 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't post "the" link.

So when would these be available for the common folk to buy?  I know us "serfs" are getting restless.  

I don't want to give any inaccurate or incorrect info, really only certain Staff/Administrators can provide authoritative details.  What follows is only my understanding of the matter...

The first batch took a long time to get in and were offered first to Lifetime members and Staff.  Another batch has already been ordered and Mods will get a turn.  There are plans to make these available to everyone but the timeline is unknown.

I'd be willing to bet that the "serfs" will wait much less time than the lifetime members did.  Some of the LT members have been waiting for literally years. So being a "serf" isn't really so bad

Long time indeed. The original post that I responded to with interest was Posted: 4/23/2008 6:53:25 AM EST

I didn't even notice the thread until page 7 and Posted: 5/31/2009 6:53:46 PM EST

I swear I thought I indicated interest earlier than last year, but apparently not. When I saw the date of the original posts, I figured it wasn't happening. I am happy that it has. I have thought about getting the right side engraved with the lifetime 4 stars logo to match. That side is kind of plain already, it almost needs something. Now I have my waiting period and should be picking it up next week. Got to get my LPK ordered soon.

Engraved right side was exacty what I thought it needed too. The Lifetime 4 stars is a good idea. . I came into this late in the game but finding out about  these lowers help  push me into going Life .
Where would/are you take/sending your lower for engraving?
Link Posted: 2/19/2010 6:35:42 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I have thought about getting the right side engraved with the lifetime 4 stars logo to match. That side is kind of plain already, it almost needs something.

That is a dang good idea right there.  Once I get my act together to SBR it I'll probably have all the engraving done in one shot.

Link Posted: 2/19/2010 6:37:37 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

White Crayon

ETA: More detail. Once I got it all filled it I used a rag to wipe the excess away. You have to rub hard. Once you get most if it off use your favorite oil to clean it the rest of the way.

I've found after getting the crayon in mostly "right" it also helps to hit it lightly with a heat gun.  Releases any trapped air and helps the wax all even out and fill in any tiny gaps.  Do this on a flat, level surface

Link Posted: 2/19/2010 6:56:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Can't wait to read the first thread... "FUUUUUUUUUUU.. I broke the ear on my new ARFCOM lower"  

I'm jealous
Link Posted: 2/19/2010 11:49:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/19/2010 11:50:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/20/2010 12:44:43 AM EDT
[#35]
surprised the words "internet commando" aren't found on the lower...
Link Posted: 2/20/2010 1:53:48 AM EDT
[#36]
I am just throwing around the idea, no concrete plans on engraving yet, so i don't know where i would send it for engraving. It is bare, though.
Link Posted: 2/20/2010 2:17:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Nice looking lower
Link Posted: 2/20/2010 2:33:27 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

AR15.com lowers are NOW AVAILABLE FOR ORDER: LINK DISABLED
Once the initial batch is sold out, we will begin taking back-orders for the next batch.  

There is no option to send FFL copy to you.

How do we handle that?

Link Posted: 2/20/2010 2:59:44 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AR15.com lowers are NOW AVAILABLE FOR ORDER:  LINK DISABLED
Once the initial batch is sold out, we will begin taking back-orders for the next batch.  

How do we handle that?

From the ordering link:

Please have your FFL sent to us via email ([email protected]), Fax (877-AR15COM), or mail (PO Box 464, Honeoye Falls, NY 14472)

Link Posted: 2/20/2010 3:01:33 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

AR15.com lowers are NOW AVAILABLE FOR ORDER:  LINK DISABLED

How do we handle that?

From the ordering link:

Please have your FFL sent to us via email ([email protected]), Fax (877-AR15COM), or mail (PO Box 464, Honeoye Falls, NY 14472)

Dammit.

Once you click on purchase, all that info goes away!!

Thanks.

Link Posted: 2/20/2010 3:29:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
surprised the words "internet commando" aren't found on the lower...

Link Posted: 2/20/2010 4:40:37 AM EDT
[#42]

Was I the only one to find the URL for the lower before it was actually in the store?
The way people around here mess with Photobucket accounts I figured someone else would have found it as well.

Link Posted: 2/20/2010 5:02:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/20/2010 5:06:17 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Was I the only one to find the URL for the lower before it was actually in the store?

We were told that if the link was shared with regular members early that the member who placed an early order would have it cancelled and a refund issued. I guess you just got lucky.

Well to whom ever let me slip thru I appreciate it. And I hope they appreciate that I didnt post the link and share it.

Link Posted: 2/20/2010 5:16:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
ARFCOM lower: The New Kool-Aid?

Made in conjunction with LaRue and Magpul.
Link Posted: 2/20/2010 8:28:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/20/2010 10:10:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't post "the" link.

And the thread from April of 2008 was a thread started to ask about an update on the progress on the ar15.com lowers, suggesting that there had been talk of it prior even to that.  I first became aware of it in May 2008 and have been waiting since then.

It's definitely been a long wait - but totally worth it!  

Maybe there was a previous thread before the one with the number reservations. I could swear it was before the 4/23/2008 thread. I really thought that I posted interest before 09 because I really thought that it wasn't going to happen after the long wait. I can't wait to pick mine up next week. I'm going two tone FDE.
Link Posted: 2/20/2010 10:17:32 AM EDT
[#48]
I would SBR one...

- Clint
Link Posted: 2/20/2010 6:41:40 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I would SBR one...

- Clint

I so wish I could do that, but alas not in MI.  

I did however put my order in.  

Link Posted: 2/20/2010 6:43:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
ARFCOM lower: The New Kool-Aid?

There are so many flavors here, take your pick!

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top