Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Fallout Amazon series (Page 1 of 36)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 36
Posted: 4/9/2024 12:52:06 PM EDT
Looks like all the other threads went to archive. Season drops tomorrow at 6pm PST. I'm sure it'll have some shit that annoys me, but I'm looking forward to checking it out.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:59:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fike:
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
View Quote

Yep...it's pretty clear that's what they are going for.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:59:11 PM EDT
[#2]
11 minutes in I like it so far.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:02:08 PM EDT
[#3]
3 quarters through the first episode. Like it a lot so far.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:03:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Better than expected
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:08:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I deep down expect woke garbage after the Rings of Power debacle, but am extremely impressed with the previews and will give it a chance. Even if the writing is mediocre, I anticipate I will still enjoy ghoulified Boyd Crowder.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:09:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By armoredsaint:
Not bad so far, like the violence but a little confused on the different story lines if they're all happening at the same time or not?
View Quote

Same time.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:10:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Just finished the episode, i really liked fo4 and will be watching the rest.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:11:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Lets see how many other Justified characters show up.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:12:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Texaspyro21:
Lets see how many other Justified characters show up.
View Quote

I'm ok with that.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:13:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

You should watch the "Many a True Nerd" youtube videos on why Fallout 3 is not as bad as you think.  I thought they were fascinating videos, and really learned a lot of interesting stuff.

(His two-part similar video for Fallout 4 is also really interesting)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z8XHe2NoAE

View Quote
I enjoy watching this style of video, and have watch that exact one before. I am a new fan of the series, having gotten into Fallout 3 and New Vegas while on paternity leave. I still haven't played Fallout 1 and 2, though I did recently buy them.

I enjoyed Fallout 3, but playing New Vegas was a game changer (no pun intended). It is an absolute master class in story telling. I still haven't finished it, primarily because I will be sad when it is over.

I've been upping my amateur gunsmithing game lately, and am seriously considering replicating this gun and shooting USPSA single stack with it.

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:19:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Good to hear it’s a good show. My wife hates cussing, so I’ll probably watch it alone. Still need to finish Shogun.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:24:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Just watched the first episode and was pleasantly surprised.

Nice to see the Rock-It launcher make an appearance.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:27:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Couch-Commando:
I deep down expect woke garbage after the Rings of Power debacle, but am extremely impressed with the previews and will give it a chance. Even if the writing is mediocre, I anticipate I will still enjoy ghoulified Boyd Crowder.
View Quote

A strange variation of the "start out with an insane offer, than give your real offer next."

This is how hollywood gets us to love mediocre.

(not my comment on the amazon fallout series. I don't have amazon and I'm not going to be watching the show).

If they do even a halfway decent job with this series, it will be in spite of their policies: https://www.ccdeia.com/policy
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:33:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:
Good to hear it’s a good show. My wife hates cussing, so I’ll probably watch it alone. Still need to finish Shogun.
View Quote

I don't think I heard any cussing...there was a mostly clothed sex scene, and a lot of gore, but not much in the way of curse words.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:37:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Croak:

I don't think I heard any cussing...there was a mostly clothed sex scene, and a lot of gore, but not much in the way of curse words.
View Quote

There was a little in the first but a lot more in the second.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:38:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:38:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: killstick_engaged] [#17]
Originally Posted By The_Like_Button:
Less than 9min in and I’m getting woke vibes
View Quote

It'll get worse. Pepper it in the first episode and then go balls deep by the third episode.

When this happens, People will convince themselves It's still good because they are like abused spouses when it comes to new TV shows.

The ghoul is by far the best character. So they will kill him off. Can't have him taking the limelight from generic female protagonist.

Don't believe me? Just wait
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:41:15 PM EDT
[#18]
I just stopped it where she leaves the vault and it's time for bed but my wife who is in no way part of my Fallout obsession just made me promise I don't watch anymore without her lol.

I'm digging it and apparently she is also which is saying something.

We might be onto something here fellas.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:44:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Episode 1 was good enough that I'll watch Episode 2.

Not ready to call it a winner or loser, yet.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:50:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Croak:

View Quote

The ghoul talk at the end of episode 1
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:56:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Never played the game. Got through episode 2. I’m liking it so far.

Little bit of Star Wars vibes with the character in the power armor. But still gonna do episode 3 tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 12:00:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Definitely a Justified writer or producer on staff.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 12:22:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mousehunter] [#23]
Fuck ads on Prime.

I need a doggo.  (Mostly a joke, just came back inside from 20 minutes of dog cardio - abet mine would probably fetch the enimy).

My shelter is coming along - gate is about 90%.  Got to drive through it for the first time this evening.  Contractor was a no show today - but could be weather.  Will see if I get a reschedule tomorrow morning.
---
just got to chicken fucker.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 1:26:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By killstick_engaged:

It'll get worse. Pepper it in the first episode and then go balls deep by the third episode.

When this happens, People will convince themselves It's still good because they are like abused spouses when it comes to new TV shows.

The ghoul is by far the best character. So they will kill him off. Can't have him taking the limelight from generic female protagonist.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By killstick_engaged:
Originally Posted By The_Like_Button:
Less than 9min in and I'm getting woke vibes

Have you watched it?
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 1:28:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Finished the first four episodes. Liking it so far.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 1:31:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Couch-Commando:
I enjoy watching this style of video, and have watch that exact one before. I am a new fan of the series, having gotten into Fallout 3 and New Vegas while on paternity leave. I still haven't played Fallout 1 and 2, though I did recently buy them.

I enjoyed Fallout 3, but playing New Vegas was a game changer (no pun intended). It is an absolute master class in story telling. I still haven't finished it, primarily because I will be sad when it is over.

I've been upping my amateur gunsmithing game lately, and am seriously considering replicating this gun and shooting USPSA single stack with it.

https://images.fallout.wiki/e/ee/A_Light_Shining_in_Darkness.png
View Quote

I can't remember who but someone did replicate that pistol in real life here.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 1:47:49 AM EDT
[#27]
my tiki bar might need a vault guy sign.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 1:52:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Well, I liked it. Pleasantly surprised I don't have to wait a week for more episodes
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 1:55:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 2:12:59 AM EDT
[#30]
On episode 4. It holds up.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 2:34:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By sandboxmedic:

It's always struck me as odd how many males play as female characters in video games.  Nothing like just playing your game and some chick comes up and a dude starts speaking over the in game comm.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sandboxmedic:
Female protagonist, so arfcom won’t like it as they “can’t see themselves” in the character.

Yeah, I do wonder how many people are going to claim that the choice of a female protagonist automatically makes it "woke"  

I am guessing the people who will complain about that are not people who actually played Fallout games a lot.

It's always struck me as odd how many males play as female characters in video games.  Nothing like just playing your game and some chick comes up and a dude starts speaking over the in game comm.

Virtual transvestites.   Like regular trannies, but less courage.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 2:46:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mousehunter] [#32]
ass jerky does not make itself.

yumm Cram...
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 2:54:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Just finished episode 2. It's alright so far.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 3:45:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Click To View Spoiler LOL.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 4:42:40 AM EDT
[#35]
First episode was awesome!  I can't wait to watch the rest.  

Was that a junk jet dude got blasted with?  I liked the baby doll part sticking out of his gut.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 5:57:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Spaceboy:
First episode was awesome!  I can't wait to watch the rest.  

Was that a junk jet dude got blasted with?  I liked the baby doll part sticking out of his gut.
View Quote

Seemed to be, but it was too dark and small on my tablet to tell.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 6:08:36 AM EDT
[#37]
It's just that he was fucking my chickens
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 6:31:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By CavScout:
This was intended to attract minors then…show the real stuff, the raunchy sex, the jacking off, the wipe, this is precisely what they intended. Reel in a youthful audience to watch the video game production and bam.
View Quote

They've been doing it for years, but it's now tied to a video game.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 7:02:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Going to watch tonight, looking forward to it, Ill only watch one episode a day, good tv is few and far between so Ill stretch it out.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 7:09:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By TaskForce:

I'd find it hard to believe there are Fallout fans under the age of 35.
View Quote

Yeah, they need to release a DECENT game more than once every 10-15 years. They’ve about skipped an entire generation since Fallout 4. (I don’t recognize the bay of rotting garbage they called Fallout 76)
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 7:14:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By NoStockBikes:

Yeah, they need to release a DECENT game more than once every 10-15 years. They've about skipped an entire generation since Fallout 4. (I don't recognize the bay of rotting garbage they called Fallout 76)
View Quote
It's not call of duty.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 7:36:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Just saw the preview It has people that don't look like me in it so woke!
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 7:43:31 AM EDT
[#43]
So the biggest issue I had was when she was going through her "skill list" and basically she was perfect in everything which isn't realistic for fallout.  Only watched the 1st episode but seemed pretty dumb unless they are going to go with her being super proficient but pretty clueless in the real world.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 7:45:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Rings of Power was woke?
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 7:49:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By CharlesUFina:
Rings of Power was woke?
View Quote

Yes

Next question.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 7:52:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Got thru 2 episodes, loved it.  Hopefully the only woke shit they got out in the first episode with the tranny in the hospital growing a mustache.  If that's it that is a win.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 7:57:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By bologna:

Yes

Next question.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bologna:
Originally Posted By CharlesUFina:
Rings of Power was woke?

Yes

Next question.

Well, ill be.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:14:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Watched first 2 episodes. Not bad. I'll keep watching .
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:22:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:

I love talking to people like that in person. I generally slowly bring the conversation around to Alien/Aliens.

Only once I can recall did one of them have a lightbulb moment when they realized they went from hating on strong female leads to praising a strong female lead.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:
Female protagonist, so arfcom won't like it as they "can't see themselves" in the character.

Yeah, I do wonder how many people are going to claim that the choice of a female protagonist automatically makes it "woke"  

I am guessing the people who will complain about that are not people who actually played Fallout games a lot.

I love talking to people like that in person. I generally slowly bring the conversation around to Alien/Aliens.

Only once I can recall did one of them have a lightbulb moment when they realized they went from hating on strong female leads to praising a strong female lead.
Yeah, but Ripley was not surrounded by incompetent men who kept doing stupid shit she warned them against. The men stood up, and died trying to save everyone.  This gave Ripley a chance to use her smarts to survive--she didn't kick the shit out of the alien hand to hand because she was a strong independent woman that didn't need no man.  She was the last one standing, and used her wits. It was a very natural progression-she was smart, but the men were not dumb, they gallant in their efforts to save all. So, very much not a woke film (the other female in the film acted a more traditional female way).  Totally different than woke films of today.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:33:05 AM EDT
[#50]
It's a bit odd and kind of drags at times. The girl is hot though.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 36
Fallout Amazon series (Page 1 of 36)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top