Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 15
Posted: 5/4/2024 2:23:10 PM EDT
Been seeing this crap pop up in my feeds last few days. Not sure what it is about. I am sure it has something to do with mental illness or something stupid.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:34:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: xd341] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By macman37:

That's what I was trying to get down to but got verbose. Well put.
View Quote
To think that this concept isn't universal is fucking mind blowing.

Like holy shit we trust you with our children....ya know....as long as we are wildly generalizing....
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:34:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By xd341:
So your 2nd paragraph would suggest a cultural influence that is different between America and Europe, or did I misunderstand?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By L_JE:
Whether innate wiring or a learned, cautionary behavior, I've seen the pattern in near literal sense through the years at AT shelters.  A gal will come up to a shelter, see the gear of some unknown person already in the shelter, but gear that probably belongs to a guy, and she'll go through the trouble of setting up her tent away from the shelter - even in areas with signs of high bear activity - literal sign postings.  I've never taken offense to it.

As to whether this is a learned behavior, owing to actual or perceived risk of crime, I look at Europe.  Women will be set up in 2-4 person rooms with unknown men for the night; showing no outward signs of awkwardness about it, I can only assume it to be commonplace.  And not something limited to sleeping cabins on trains.  I don't have any directly analogous situation where the women could just choose to set up a tent in an avalanche zone to avoid the situation, but they could have gone back and requested a different room, or bunk room.  It's not enough observation to really be able to say, but it would be odd to think learned behaviors, or social/societal expectations don't play some role.

So your 2nd paragraph would suggest a cultural influence that is different between America and Europe, or did I misunderstand?
Could be.

Then again, these are the same Europeans who look at concealed carry in the US rather oddly.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:36:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Naamah:
It’s the same reason dads don’t want random men going into the bathroom with their daughters. It’s not because he believes all men are bad guys. It just means that he doesn’t trust a random guy he never met not to be a potential threat until he’s had a chance to get to know the guy.
View Quote
Which means nothing in the context of the actual question here.  No, I do not want a random man in a bathroom with my daughter (or any other female for that matter).  But if I had to choose, I'd send her into a room with a random man 100% of the time before I'd put her in a room with a wild bear.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:38:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By L_JE:
Could be.

Then again, these are the same Europeans who look at concealed carry in the US rather oddly.
View Quote
Also the same Europe that has a well publicized rape problem due to an influx of people that don't share common thoughts on the role of women in society.  They sure kicked the shit out of the patriarchy though didn't they?  Woo!

It's a weird world.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:38:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:39:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Not 75% of the total men I’ve encountered, but 75% of the men in the woods, yep. One in a car wreck and ran from the cops through our woods, one escaped convict from a prison work detail nearby, and one that got pulled over and ran. He was considered armed and dangerous and was in the area for 4 days before they caught him.

The men are by far more dangerous than the bears.
View Quote

How many of said 'men' attacked you?
If that number is zero, then those 'men' are equal to the bear,
no better, no worse.
You're defending an assumption with 2 more assumptions.

Herd mentality at work.......
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:41:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
I think 6-10 % is low. Don't get me wrong, I've represented perpetrators and victims of sexual assault, there are awful people out there; but there's also a lot of fabricated claims.
View Quote
Well you are just pissing up a rope now...

We'll tell your story!
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:41:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
I think 6-10 % is low. Don't get me wrong, I've represented perpetrators and victims of sexual assault, there are awful people out there; but there's also a lot of fabricated claims.
View Quote

I totally agree. I couldn't find any consensus, one way or the other, on multiple organizations' sites. They also word their statistics suspiciously as they can be read multiple ways.

The closest I could get was that a mass, mass majority of America is law-abiding and it's an almost insignificant number committing crime.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:42:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:43:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Or ever dealt with a tweaker thats been awake for a couple days straight?...yeah, uncomfortable.

View Quote

I have, and they’re one of the potential men in the woods. Along with the rest of the tweakers, and the homeless camp denizens, and the illegal grow op guys, and the crazies that can’t function in society.

I’ll take the bear.

Y’all seem to be under the impression that the random guy in the woods is some harmless, flannel wearing lumberjack with impeccable manners and a savior complex. Or a dad of 3 on a family vacation with his toddler in tow. It’s very possible he isn’t. And the thin veneer of polite society breaks down when civilization is far away.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:44:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By HeavyMetal:
I say to these ultra feminists, go ahead and BAFO

And let it be known I coined the phrase Bear Around and Find Out, here today.
View Quote
Entered into the record.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:45:54 AM EDT
[#12]

I have, and they’re one of the potential men in the woods. Along with the rest of the tweakers, and the homeless camp denizens, and the illegal grow op guys, and the crazies that can’t function in society.

I’ll take the bear.

Y’all seem to be under the impression that the random guy in the woods is some harmless, flannel wearing lumberjack with impeccable manners and a savior complex. Or a dad of 3 on a family vacation with his toddler in tow. It’s very possible he isn’t. And the thin veneer of polite society breaks down when civilization is far away.
View Quote

You seem to be under the impression that private property is the same as the rest of the woods.

You also seem to be under the impression that men who criminally trespass represent men as a whole.

How sad.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:46:32 AM EDT
[#13]
End women's suffrage now!
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:46:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By skid2041:

This horrible! Don't they know that bears are the cause of 76% of all wilderness assaults and violence? Even thought they only make uo about 13% of the total wilderness predator population?

What are they thinking?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By skid2041:
Originally Posted By JackRebney:
Retarded feminist/leftist shit, near as I can gather. Something about women would rather be alone in the woods with a bear than a man, I think is what I've gathered without really looking into it.

This horrible! Don't they know that bears are the cause of 76% of all wilderness assaults and violence? Even thought they only make uo about 13% of the total wilderness predator population?

What are they thinking?

Brainwashing is effective
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:50:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: xd341] [#15]

I have, and they're one of the potential men in the woods. Along with the rest of the tweakers, and the homeless camp denizens, and the illegal grow op guys, and the crazies that can't function in society.

I'll take the bear.

Y'all seem to be under the impression that the random guy in the woods is some harmless, flannel wearing lumberjack with impeccable manners and a savior complex. Or a dad of 3 on a family vacation with his toddler in tow. It's very possible he isn't. And the thin veneer of polite society breaks down when civilization is far away.
View Quote
No it doesn't.  The people that will murder you in the woods are the same people that will murder you downtown.   You feel safer downtown, likely because there are more men around, cops, etc..and they reduce the likelihood of an attack by their presence.  

Ironic isn't it?

And seriously. Move. WTF kinda woods you hanging out in?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:51:35 AM EDT
[#16]
What's the end game? Just more division?  Demographic collapse?

Cause I gotta tell ya, it's been obvious since I was small that men and women are fundamentally different, and that's how it should be. So differences of opinion are to be expected and welcomed, but if my wife said this dumb shit when we first started dating, we wouldn't have kept dating.  Its fucking effective, even on someone who knows its a maligned narrative.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lug1:
At the end of the day, it is highly fucking offensive that the leftists have created this faggotry that women should be more scared of men than bear.  

It is truly sad that any women falls into it, that fact that some conservative women entertain it is that much worse.  

The left seem to have won this battle for the moment.  The work here is all uphill.
What's the end game? Just more division?  Demographic collapse?

Cause I gotta tell ya, it's been obvious since I was small that men and women are fundamentally different, and that's how it should be. So differences of opinion are to be expected and welcomed, but if my wife said this dumb shit when we first started dating, we wouldn't have kept dating.  Its fucking effective, even on someone who knows its a maligned narrative.
The woke simply want to destroy what WE have.  They think the third world shithole is a better scenario.  Ultimately this gives power brokers more power.  

Overly simplistic, but the root of it, if you ask me.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:54:37 AM EDT
[#17]
It's a broad indictment against men wrapped in a narrow hypothetical.

Troll bait.  False dilemma.  Ignore it.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:55:08 AM EDT
[#18]
I immediately thought that it was a reference to author Marion Engle’s “Bear”.  It’s about a woman who has a sexual relationship with a bear…
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:55:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lug1] [#19]

I have, and they're one of the potential men in the woods. Along with the rest of the tweakers, and the homeless camp denizens, and the illegal grow op guys, and the crazies that can't function in society.

I'll take the bear.

Y'all seem to be under the impression that the random guy in the woods is some harmless, flannel wearing lumberjack with impeccable manners and a savior complex. Or a dad of 3 on a family vacation with his toddler in tow. It's very possible he isn't. And the thin veneer of polite society breaks down when civilization is far away.
View All Quotes
Or ever dealt with a tweaker thats been awake for a couple days straight?...yeah, uncomfortable.

I'll take the bear.

LOL, You take the bear.  It's hilarious.  

You have picked a hill and you are staying with it.  GOOD FOR YOU.  

LOFL.  Hook, line, and sinker.  Critical thinking be damned.

ETA: You seem to be under the impression a bear wont eat you.  YO BEAR....YO BEAR, Do you best Bear Ghryls or survivorman here.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:57:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Rheinmetall792:

What about when they need something fixed or a stubborn jar opened or need to be protected from something....like a bear?

I don't do Faceberg or the like, but I bet this Anti-Man bullshit is more specifically Anti-White Man also.

There's a surprise....
View Quote
Interesting.  Change the scenario.  Instead of "in the woods" it now says "in a subway" or "in Gaza" or "along the Mexican border" and witness the howls of racism and islamophobia from the same people who knee jerk the "bear" button.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:57:46 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

How far will she go?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:58:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Bentley8:

View Quote
I still say it's a question created by a man in order to make a mockery of women.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:59:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Torf:
Interesting.  Change the scenario.  Instead of "in the woods" it now says "in a subway" or "in Gaza" or "along the Mexican border" and witness the howls of racism and islamophobia from the same people who knee jerk the "bear" button.
View Quote
All causes overwhelmingly supported by women.

It's absolute insanity.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:59:57 AM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/CD5B1B69-9216-403B-9358-C05A3A07987F-482.gif

How far will she go?

Doc Holiday - Hypocrisy Knows No Bounds
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:59:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By TGE:
I still say it's a question created by a man in order to make a mockery of women.
View Quote

I could see that.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:03:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Aimless] [#26]
[Deleted]too much-Aimless

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:05:26 AM EDT
[#27]
IBTL
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:06:42 AM EDT
[#28]
WTF?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:08:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Bentley8:

View Quote

Completely agree, we’d love to. The fairer sex seems kind of obsessed with the concept though.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:09:20 AM EDT
[#30]
WTF?
View Quote

Yeah, big WTF.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:12:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Aimless] [#31]
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:55:09 AM EDT
[#32]
No it doesn't.  The people that will murder you in the woods are the same people that will murder you downtown.   You feel safer downtown, likely because there are more men around, cops, etc..and they reduce the likelihood of an attack by their presence.  

Ironic isn't it?

View All Quotes

I'll take the bear.

Ironic isn't it?

This, I spend a lot of time in the sticks, the real woods.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:24:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By ARDunstan:
The majority of women in the US also voted for bill clinton, obama, hilary clinton and biden.

That says a lot.
View Quote

A womanizer, terrorist, serial killer and a pedophile walk into a bar...
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:32:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

You seem to be under the impression that private property is the same as the rest of the woods.

You also seem to be under the impression that men who criminally trespass represent men as a whole.

How sad.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

I’ll take the bear.

How sad.

If the person encountered is at random, you have to assume the worst until proven otherwise. The worst a man can do is, in the opinion of many women, worse than what the bear can do.

You don’t have to agree with that assessment. It’s not your opinion that matters.

What you should understand is that the women aren’t choosing between you and the bear. It’s not personal. They are choosing between the worst a man can do and the worst a bear can do, and they’re picking the bear.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:33:24 PM EDT
[#35]

Ironic isn't it?

View All Quotes

I'll take the bear.

Ironic isn't it?

Who says i feel safer downtown? I really don’t.

I’m much safer in the woods.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:40:04 PM EDT
[#36]

Who says i feel safer downtown? I really don't.

I'm much safer in the woods.
View Quote
With all the bears....
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:47:16 PM EDT
[#37]
With all the bears....
View All Quotes

With all the bears....

TA-DA!!!
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:48:02 PM EDT
[#38]
The feminist ideology of perpetual female victim mentality has inflicted a serious psychosis effect on a on a significant number of women today.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:03:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Palm:
The feminist ideology of perpetual female victim mentality has inflicted a serious psychosis effect on a on a significant number of women today.
View Quote
I personally know a woman who lives in an extremely affluent and low-crime area. She got an IUD after abortion was un-legalized in my state, not because she's having sex with a BF (hasn't in years, apparently) but in case she got raped.

This isn't something I ask about of course, but she can't wait to bring it up in otherwise polite conversation. What can you say to someone like that?

She'd choose grizzly bear, I'm sure
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:06:53 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

It simply breaks down to the odds.  Odds are very favorable that a man from a random sampling of men is going to be harmless, friendly and helpful.

Odds are 100% that a bear will be a powerful, deadly, wild animal that has zero societal or moral pressure preventing it from killing you if it feels threatened or hungry, and it cant be spoken to, bargained with or reasoned with.

How about this question.  Would you rather be in the woods with 100 men or 100 bears?  Think about that for a minute and if you honestly choose 100 bears, that pretty much negates any credibility your opinions might have had going back to the beginning, because it shows you are incapable of using logic to make decisions.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:07:20 PM EDT
[#41]
What a stupid "thing".  Absolutely perfectly illustrates how insane things have become.  Fuck the world.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:09:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Then those females are fucking morons.

When I’m out hiking with friends or family, we always go over bear safety, bear spray, etc. because we know how a bear can fuck you up.

Never had a single problem with random hikers we’ve encountered and I’m 60, so that’s a lot of miles.

This is nothing but low IQ, I hate men, BS.

Yea, I dealt with sexual assault too.  I knew how to fight back and run like hell.  Ain’t no damn way I could out fight and run from a damn bear.

Let those idiots choose the bear and clean up the gene pool.  Those twats are just mindless sheep doing the cool thing.
I never want to be on a trail with them.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:18:04 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

I'll take the bear.

Ironic isn't it?

Because you said "the thin veneer of polite society breaks down when civilization is far away."  

which civilization are you referring to?  The one made up of roughly 50% men or the one in your head that the rest of us just don't understand?

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:20:43 PM EDT
[#44]

If the person encountered is at random, you have to assume the worst until proven otherwise. The worst a man can do is, in the opinion of many women, worse than what the bear can do.

You don’t have to agree with that assessment. It’s not your opinion that matters.

What you should understand is that the women aren’t choosing between you and the bear. It’s not personal. They are choosing between the worst a man can do and the worst a bear can do, and they’re picking the bear.
View Quote

Facts vs Opinions

Opinions don't have to be based in fact, like your opinion.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:23:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Kharn:
They've never met a real bear protecting its cubs, food, or territory in the wild, just the tame ones in the zoo or movies.

Kharn
View Quote

That bear in "The Revenant" movie didn't look very tame to me...
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:25:15 PM EDT
[#46]
It’s a PR campaign run by The Bears.  They are tired of eating nut and twigs and berries.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:25:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By 1Scrappygal:
Then those females are fucking morons.

When I'm out hiking with friends or family, we always go over bear safety, bear spray, etc. because we know how a bear can fuck you up.

Never had a single problem with random hikers we've encountered and I'm 60, so that's a lot of miles.

This is nothing but low IQ, I hate men, BS.

Yea, I dealt with sexual assault too.  I knew how to fight back and run like hell.  Ain't no damn way I could out fight and run from a damn bear.

Let those idiots choose the bear and clean up the gene pool.  Those twats are just mindless sheep doing the cool thing.
I never want to be on a trail with them.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:26:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By secamp32:
It's a PR campaign run by The Bears.  They are tired of eating nut and twigs and berries.
View Quote
those crafty bastards!
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:28:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Jambalaya:

It simply breaks down to the odds.  Odds are very favorable that a man from a random sampling of men is going to be harmless, friendly and helpful.

Odds are 100% that a bear will be a powerful, deadly, wild animal that has zero societal or moral pressure preventing it from killing you if it feels threatened or hungry, and it cant be spoken to, bargained with or reasoned with.

How about this question.  Would you rather be in the woods with 100 men or 100 bears?  Think about that for a minute and if you honestly choose 100 bears, that pretty much negates any credibility your opinions might have had going back to the beginning, because it shows you are incapable of using logic to make decisions.
View Quote
dude, logic left the chat a while ago.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:02:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Because you said "the thin veneer of polite society breaks down when civilization is far away."  

which civilization are you referring to?  The one made up of roughly 50% men or the one in your head that the rest of us just don't understand?

View All Quotes

I'll take the bear.

Ironic isn't it?

The thin veneer of polite society is only that. A thin veneer. A veneer covers things up. It doesn’t make them go away.

I am safer in the woods. I moved to the woods to get away from society. I don’t have to deal with gang violence, BLM, Antifa, or even Karen neighbors. I literally chose the bears.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top