Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2010 7:05:05 PM EDT
After seeing the JD vs McCain race i just realized one of the main reasons it is hard to toss incumbents.  They stockpile campaign money.

McCain spent over 20 million dollars of money on this election.  Millions and millions came from old money from his 2008 run against Obama.

Im sure this kinda thing happens with incumbents all the time.
In my opinion if I donate to a candidate in a race it is FOR THAT RACE.  I think if they don't spend the money it should not be eligible for use in political campaigns of the future.  Candidates should have to depend on money raised in the current election. I think that is a fair law.  

I donated for McCain to defeat Obama. Not to defeat JD and it makes me sick my money was used for that.

Sound like a fair law that only funds raised in current election ycle can be used for races?

Link Posted: 8/24/2010 7:06:29 PM EDT
[#1]
All new laws are bad anymore.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top