Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/6/2010 11:11:56 AM EDT
Well, I am pissed.  U-Verse is, by far, the best TV service I have ever seen, and they just killed Food Network and The Cooking Channel.

Negotiations broke down, and the customers lost.

I really don't want to switch services, because I love U-Verse so much, but Food Network is the main channel I watch.
Dammit.  

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2010-11-05/business/ct-biz-1106-att-uverse-20101105_1_u-verse-subscribers-scripps-networks-interactive-food-network

Link Posted: 11/6/2010 11:16:16 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Well, I am pissed. U-Verse is, by far, the best TV service I have ever seen, and they just killed Food Network and The Cooking Channel.

I really don't want to switch services, because I love U-Verse so much, but Food Network is the main channel I watch.

Dammit.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2010-11-05/business/ct-biz-1106-att-uverse-20101105_1_u-verse-subscribers-scripps-networks-interactive-food-network

Another local provider in Dallas lost those channels too.  From what I heard yesterday the fault likes with FN/TCC.  I'd be pissed too.

Link Posted: 11/6/2010 11:22:36 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I am pissed. U-Verse is, by far, the best TV service I have ever seen, and they just killed Food Network and The Cooking Channel.

Dammit.

Another local provider in Dallas lost those channels too.  From what I heard yesterday the fault likes with FN/TCC.  I'd be pissed too.

From some of the things I've read, AT&T wants broad digital distribution rights to Food Network programming, and Food Network wasn't interested in signing those rights away.  So AT&T let the TV contract lapse.

Ultimately, it doesn't really matter to me who's at fault.  All I know is that I don't have FoodTV anymore.  As I told the ATT rep I just spoke with, if it's not back PDQ, I'm cancelling my TV service.

Link Posted: 11/6/2010 11:28:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dammit.

Another local provider in Dallas lost those channels too. From what I heard yesterday the fault likes with FN/TCC. I'd be pissed too.

From some of the things I've read, AT&T wants broad digital distribution rights to Food Network programming, and Food Network wasn't interested in signing those rights away. So AT&T let the TV contract lapse.

Ultimately, it doesn't really matter to me who's at fault. All I know is that I don't have FoodTV anymore. As I told the ATT rep I just spoke with, if it's not back PDQ, I'm cancelling my TV service.

I lost a few channels recently on DirecTV.  G4 was the best of those lost but I really doubt I'll even notice.  I'd be super pissed about losing FN.  I'll let you know how the next season of Chopped goes.  

Link Posted: 11/6/2010 11:36:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dammit.

Another local provider in Dallas lost those channels too. From what I heard yesterday the fault likes with FN/TCC. I'd be pissed too.

From some of the things I've read, AT&T wants broad digital distribution rights to Food Network programming, and Food Network wasn't interested in signing those rights away. So AT&T let the TV contract lapse.

Ultimately, it doesn't really matter to me who's at fault. All I know is that I don't have FoodTV anymore. As I told the ATT rep I just spoke with, if it's not back PDQ, I'm cancelling my TV service.

I lost a few channels recently on DirecTV.  G4 was the best of those lost but I really doubt I'll even notice.  I'd be super pissed about losing FN.  I'll let you know how the next season of Chopped goes.  

I remember when G4 started out as ZDNet (which was really good!), then changed to Tech TV, then continued it's downward spiral into G4.  When G4 covered the Adult film expo in Vegas like it was a good thing, it really jumped the shark.  I haven't watched it since and took it off my channel guide.

Link Posted: 11/6/2010 11:41:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dammit.

I remember when G4 started out as ZDNet (which was really good!), then changed to Tech TV, then continued it's downward spiral into G4.  When G4 covered the Adult film expo in Vegas like it was a good thing, it really jumped the shark.  I haven't watched it since and took it off my channel guide.

but sasha grey is hot

Link Posted: 11/7/2010 4:49:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dammit.

but sasha grey is hot

Tilde was hot too.

Yes, ZDTV was good.  TV for computer geeks.  Then they kept going further and further from that, and it kept getting more and more irrelevant.

Link Posted: 11/7/2010 4:50:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dammit.

I never cared for Chopped.  The first 2-3 episodes were interesting, but after that, it was been-there-done-that, and I lost interest.

But if I don't have Good Eats, then my cable is basically useless.  

Link Posted: 11/7/2010 4:52:16 AM EDT
[#8]
All providers are going to have that issue soon.    The networks are at war with providers right now.   They want more money from the providers.   Would you have been happy to see an rate increase on your bill to keep those channels?  The next round would  be even more brutal.     Other networks see this all in the news and think they try it on their next negotiation as well.  

Lose/lose for the customer.
Top Top