Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 3/14/2011 8:53:42 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:59:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Thank you O_P.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:08:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Great right up.   How does it compare to an LCP size wise?  Anyone have both to show a comparison?

I will stick with the LCP.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:09:57 AM EDT
[#3]
A friend of mine has one, they are neat high quality and easy to conceal.but still a .22.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:10:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for another cool post.

Have had the chance to shoot one of the NAA revolvers and they're pretty solid for what they are.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:10:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks... I've wondered about these for a while... Might try to pick one up when funds allow...
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:11:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I had one, they are very well built.  Almost like a swiss watch.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:12:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I have one of the .22 mag versions
it's a nice little gun
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:12:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I understand a few of these were nade in 17HMR as well.  They are rare and bring a permium if anybody is ever lucky enough to find one.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:13:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice. Those are beautiful little guns.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:17:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been thinking about getting one of these to throw in the BOB or to take camping for taking very small game (squirrels, snakes, etc). Now I know the accuracy isn't good out of such a small gun with a really short barrel, but is it good enough for something like that?

Thank you for doing this O_P!
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:18:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks, another great write up.

Have you seen the new break open NAA mini revolver?  It's written up in the new GUNS and AH magazines.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:19:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Interesting read, I have the .22 mag. in my pocket now.
With t-shirt and shorts weather coming up, it will see a lot of carry time.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:21:16 AM EDT
[#13]
thanks O_P

they do seem very well made
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:24:42 AM EDT
[#14]
A note about NAA warranty.

I received an old one, in parts, from a family member who broke it.

I bought $40 worth of parts to fix it, but when I got them, they were the new safety parts, not the older parts. I called NAA and they had me ship it to them.

They full retrofitted it to the new standard and refinished it, including remounting the front sight blade, for the cost of shipping and the parts I had bought originally.

I can't ask for better service.

Jess
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:24:44 AM EDT
[#15]
They do look classy.

Thanks for the write-up.  I always enjoy them.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:25:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Thank You OP..
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:28:01 AM EDT
[#17]
I like them for a fun toy, but I've never had much use for them beyond that.  One of mine  tended to keyhole with the jacketed .22 Mag rounds.   They are good with 22lr shot shells.

I'm not sure if the design would allow it, but I always wanted one in 32ACP.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:28:55 AM EDT
[#18]
I've had at least one for years, both 22lr and 22mag. Carry them in in a well made pocket holster, and I for get I have them on me most of the time.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:31:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Nice write up.

Now that you've got their attention I'd be really interested to see a write up of their .25 NAA and .32 NAA rounds.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:32:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:34:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Very fair assessment.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:35:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I've been thinking about getting one of these to throw in the BOB or to take camping for taking very small game (squirrels, snakes, etc). Now I know the accuracy isn't good out of such a small gun with a really short barrel, but is it good enough for something like that?

Thank you for doing this O_P!

I've watched videos of people shooting surprisingly well with these types of guns. I believe it was the black widow or pug version which have a bigger grip and different sights. I considered one for the same purposes and decided that it would take me forever to master such a tiny gun. They'd be perfect for a light weight trap line gun. I just can't see hitting small moving animals at any real distance in my AO. I'm not a great pistol shot as is.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:35:51 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I have one of the .22 mag versions
it's a nice little gun

Me too.

Better than runnin round nekkid.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:38:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:41:40 AM EDT
[#25]
I had one of the NAA minis years ago, I should have kept it.  They're very well made and i never had a problem with mine.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:43:10 AM EDT
[#26]
I have one and love it. I drilled a small home through the wood grips at the bottom and ran a loop of 550 cord through it. It allows me to put it on a key ring in certain situations. No one has ever noticed.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:46:24 AM EDT
[#27]
I love mine-if you get the plastic folding grip for it, it is much more manageable to hold. They are tiny.

I share Tman's experience. I pulled mine on a growling pitbull that had twisted out of it's collar and ran at me. The body language is completely different when they see you are not afraid. The dog turned and ran away.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:46:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Good writeup. The folks at NAA are visible right outside my window... our two companies share a parking lot. If it's from UT, it'll be quality.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:47:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Can you fire .22lr in the mag version?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:49:03 AM EDT
[#30]
I would also add NAA is a first rate company.  Their customer service is top of the line.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:51:54 AM EDT
[#31]
I had a .22 Mag model years ago. I liked it! I might have to go out and buy a .22lr now after reading this!
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:54:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
thanks O_P

they do seem very well made

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:58:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:58:32 AM EDT
[#34]
These are single action, yes?  How quickly could you pull the pistol out or your pocket and fire all the rounds at a target?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:59:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Good write up as usual O_P  

We have sold several of these in the shop and they are well built quality firearms.  We did have one customer buy one, and a few days later he was trying to put the hammer in the safety notch. He ended up with a .22 caliber hole through his finger. Customer would never tell us the complete details, so I am suspicious if it happened exactly as he claimed.

North American has the new Ranger out, and I really want to get one. It is a top-break design, and looks a lot like a min S&W Schofield.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:01:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:03:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:04:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Nice write up. I have had one for years, It works well, and very concealable as expected. The pistol I have is not very accurate and tends to throw a round every once and a while. I used to use mine for chrono checks before I would shoot the string to be tested. I used to just put my Chrono on top of my central air unit, since my range back stop is right beind it. On one particular day, I fired a round throught the chrono as usual, but didnt get a reading. I checked the battery, and then went back and fired again. Let me also mention, I am about 5-6 feet from the chrono. I fired the second round out of the NAA, immediately a cloud of gas erupted from the cental air unit. Turns out  the flyer round went about 3 feet low, and hit a coolant line on the unit. This was one of the dumbest shooting related things I have ever done. My wife still ribs me about it. The HVAC guy had a hell of a laugh too. I never noticed this odd round throwing before this day, But when put on paper the gun would do this compleatly  at random.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:11:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The pistols are very small, and easy to conceal.  My lovely wife has small hands, yet this pistol fits in her hand easily.

I'm a bit confused by this photo.  The ring finger is longer than the index finger, I presume that is O_P's hand?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:11:28 AM EDT
[#40]
How difficult is it to handle, aim, and fire such a small gun?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:13:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:14:56 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, you cannot, as the cylinder chambers are slightly larger in the .22 WMR.

However, NAA makes a pistol with two interchangeable cylinders, one in .22 LR and another in .22 WMR.

Check their site:  http://www.naaminis.com/

.22 Long Rifle uses a heeled bullet, the base of the bullet is smaller diameter than the shank.  The WMR is designed to use a jacketed bullet which is flat based, making it more accurate than the LR. The OD of the WMR is larger.  Firing LR in a WMR will cause a split case.

You can make an adapter from a fired WMR case by removing the head, leaving the forward part of the rim.  But this is ONLY for survival situations

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:15:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:17:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The pistols are very small, and easy to conceal.  My lovely wife has small hands, yet this pistol fits in her hand easily.
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=27469

I'm a bit confused by this photo.  The ring finger is longer than the index finger, I presume that is O_P's hand?

What is wrong with that?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:21:00 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, you cannot, as the cylinder chambers are slightly larger in the .22 WMR.

However, NAA makes a pistol with two interchangeable cylinders, one in .22 LR and another in .22 WMR.

Check their site:  http://www.naaminis.com/

.22 Long Rifle uses a heeled bullet, the base of the bullet is smaller diameter than the shank.  The WMR is designed to use a jacketed bullet which is flat based, making it more accurate than the LR. The OD of the WMR is larger.  Firing LR in a WMR will cause a split case.

You can make an adapter from a fired WMR case by removing the head, leaving the forward part of the rim.  But this is ONLY for survival situations

Now that is interesting...  

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:27:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Had a recent murder locally. Shooter used a .22lr handgun. One shot entered low right side hit liver, through one lung, then the heart and then the other lung. Died quickly, but not instantly.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:34:33 AM EDT
[#47]
lov reading the lastest from OP
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:40:49 AM EDT
[#48]
O_P has the second-best hobby of anyone I know, just below that of my friend the retired professional photographer who spends his time photographing naked women.

SFW main site with probable links to NSFW pages:

http://deanrither.blogspot.com/

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:41:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Good write up as usual O_P  

We have sold several of these in the shop and they are well built quality firearms.  We did have one customer buy one, and a few days later he was trying to put the hammer in the safety notch. He ended up with a .22 caliber hole through his finger. Customer would never tell us the complete details, so I am suspicious if it happened exactly as he claimed.

North American has the new Ranger out, and I really want to get one. It is a top-break design, and looks a lot like a min S&W Schofield.

IMPORTANT SAFETY INFO ABOUT NAA REVOLVERS

OP touches on this in his write up, but I think people should know more of the technical details about why it is EXTREMELY unsafe to ever lower the hammer on a live round with this NAA design. Nearly all modern revolvers (both single-action and double-action) have a "safety bar" which prevents the firing pin from coming in contact with the primer of a cartridge unless the trigger is pulled. This safety bar allows you to safely carry the revolver with the hammer down on a live round.

The NAA revolver design DOES NOT have a safety bar, and as a result, if you lower the hammer on a live round, the firing pin is actually resting directly on the primer. Any slight bump to the hammer will cause the NAA revolver to discharge if the gun is in a condition where the hammer is down on a live round. Therefor it is imperative that the NAA revolver alway be stored/carried with the hammer in a safety notch which is located between the chambers. If your NAA revolver does not have these safety notches, then return it to NAA and it is my understanding that they will update your revolver at no charge.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:43:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top