Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/8/2014 1:49:22 PM EDT
I don't know exactly what they are (not really bees but I don't care beyond that) but you know the little bastards that hide in the ground and wait for you to step on their nest unsuspecting. They got me 4x on the ankles turning on the hose today. Fucking ankle biters.

I'm going to take them down, and it is going to be slow and graphic. Like death by water boarding. We are going to be able to watch them suffer and then die. It is going to be cruel and unusual, so if you aren't into that get out while you can. The method will be revealed shortly.

This is going to take some time, in days. I will be updating every day 1 time only starting now, until it gets stupid and boring after awhile. You will see the full effect though of this ground bee WMD in the end.

The first step is recon., as always, to locate the position of the enemy and their defenses. This is not to be overlooked and is a critical step in the development of all ops. I know this from COD. The point is you are going to have to find it at night, in the dark. I have already performed this step. Note they have carefully crafted their hive to have on entrance and exit only, as they always do, to keep a tight defensive position. This will be their undoing though.

That brings us to step 2 - plan your attack carefully to be able to catch your enemy by surprise. Sure I could man up and do it now, like I did for the pics, but that is amateur. They are not home now. Tonight, every single one will be in there, and I will execute on 100% of them.

Now, here is where it gets interesting - you have to identify what 'weapon system' to 'run'. You might go with fire. Or you could go with gas. That is weak sauce though, and pretty damn unlikely to work on all of them. No, we need something much more devastating. This, right here, is the nuclear option, and I'm going to rain it on them like a mushroom cloud of destruction.

We are going to use our superior intellect to perpetrate an illusion on them, trapping them in an invisible force field, from which they will be too confused to escape. The carnage will be a writhing mess of bees. Furthermore, this will also be our window through which to observe it. Plus I will still be able to drink from my well which is right below this spot. This is not an original idea, but unless you've done it you won't believe the results.

Sorry bees, I'm usually a nice guy, but fuck you my wife is allergic and I hate you.

Remeber, PERSEC, or OPSEC, whichever, err, um, seconds count, you know?

This goes down tonight and tomorrow will be day one.

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 1:51:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Never heard a yellow jacket called a ground bee. But yeah, they're horrible creatures.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 1:52:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Was it Evil_ATF that made a thread some years ago about his battle with bees?
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 1:54:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I was mowing down at the back of my lot and ran over a nest.

They have to sleep sometime. That's when you pour the gas down their hole and plug the entrance.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 1:54:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd go with soap water.  Thats how I killed the nest that was on my patio.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 1:55:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I have ground bees for the second time this year. Tag for results.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 1:56:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Tag for the let down.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 1:56:52 PM EDT
[#7]
IN! DEATH TO ALL CREEPY CRAWLIES!
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 1:58:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 1:59:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Ground nesting paper wasps.  Not bees, these are hunters as the hive is a nursery.

Go ahead and kill them all.  I've run acetylene through activated carbon to deodorize it, carefully filling the nest cavity with this gas.  Used an electric initiator once the gas tube is removed.

This is an earth-shattering kaboom, completely destroying the hive.

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 1:59:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never heard a yellow jacket called a ground bee. But yeah, they're horrible creatures.
View Quote

That's not a yellow jacket that's a ground hornet.

To the OP god speed. last time I tangoed with ground hornets I got my ass kicked, granted I was 12 and armed with a shovel but they are nasty.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 2:00:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote

Exactly....Fuck Sauron . . . . go Smaug

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 2:01:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Ground nesting paper wasps.  Not bees, these are hunters as the hive is a nursery.

Go ahead and kill them all.  I've run acetylene through activated carbon to deodorize it, carefully filling the nest cavity with this gas.  Used an electric initiator once the gas tube is removed.

View Quote
I like how you think

Ground hornets,bees or whatever they are called suck long and hard . Only thing I thought hurt worse was the Bald Faced Hornet .

Do NOT fuck with these things , ever.

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 2:01:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

OK, that is badass.

What I'm doing is just fucking mean.

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 2:01:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Thats not a yelow jacket thats a ground hornet.

To the OP, god speed. last time I tangoed with ground hornets I got my ass kicked.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats not a yelow jacket thats a ground hornet.

To the OP, god speed. last time I tangoed with ground hornets I got my ass kicked.

Fine. Then they're horrible creatures, too.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 2:01:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

You need a You Tube channel.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 2:03:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Pour sevin on the ground around and on top of hole. Cover with glass bowl. tap several times on it with a wooden spoon. Watch dust storm of death and laugh evilly.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 2:04:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah he does

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 2:05:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I like how you think

Ground hornets,bees or whatever they are called suck long and hard . Only thing I thought hurt worse was the Bald Faced Hornet .

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4d/Baldie.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I like how you think

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4d/Baldie.jpg

this, that, and those mother fuckers hurt!!!!!

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 2:13:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

You sir are an inspiration.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 2:20:21 PM EDT
[#20]
I went through the same thing last year.  I would be mowing and get to one certain area of the yard and they would start going after me.  They got me 8 times before I declared war on them.

I ended up pouring gasoline down their hole and lit it up with a roman candle.  Then I proceeded to dump 30 rounds of .45 ACP into their hole, just to break it up a little bit.  

After the small arms fire I repeated the gasoline and fire, then I dug up their nest to make sure they were good and dead.   So far, no more wasps hornets, bees or whatever they are.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 2:29:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

please tell me someone else read this in marvin the martians voice...

speed
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 2:31:53 PM EDT
[#22]
The really cool thing is that since they are not bees, their stinger is not barbed so they can sting you over and over until they get sick of the game and leave.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 2:34:25 PM EDT
[#23]
IBIROSLALB*

*In Before I Ran Off Screaming Like A Little Beotach.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 2:37:01 PM EDT
[#24]
To clarify, this is one foot from my foundation and right above the well I drink & make good beer from.

Quoted:
The really cool thing is that since they are not bees, their stinger is not barbed so they can sting you over and over until they get sick of the game and leave.
View Quote

This is satisfactory. That means the ones that stung me will be in the hole and will suffer extensively.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 2:37:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 2:43:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Ost

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 2:50:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

speed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

speed

Oh I so did.

OP: Nuke the fucking shit out of those fucking little fucking fucks!

Tag for outcome
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 3:58:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Last week I was on the Husky lawn tractor mowing the backyard,  I went over the entrance to their nest, they came boiling out.

Stung me three times.  I was not subtle, when night fell I took 2 quarts of gasoline, poured it into the opening, and lit it off.

I haven't had any problems with them since, I'm pretty sure I exterminated that colony of the little bastards.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 4:39:34 PM EDT
[#29]
These are nothing to screw with.  They will attack enmass and can be lethal.  I was hit by about 50 of them and went into anaphalatic shock.  Only the fast action of the local emt squad saved me.  Wait until dark and pour about a pint of gasoline down the hole - no need to light it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 5:00:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
These are nothing to screw with.  They will attack enmass and can be lethal.  I was hit by about 50 of them and went into anaphalatic shock.  Only the fast action of the local emt squad saved me.  Wait until dark and pour about a pint of gasoline down the hole - no need to light it.
View Quote

Lighting the gasoline isn't for the hornets, it's to make the person doing the pouring feel better. It's a Blitzkrieg thing

Personally, I always light the gasoline (or the Pyrodex). 30min fusees aren't just for emergency signaling ...
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 5:08:19 PM EDT
[#31]

Fuckers hit me at least once a summer when visiting my parents house.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Only in GD are all stinging insects called bees.  

Yellow jackets is what you have and they are nasty aggressive hornet that lives in the ground. (as opposed to a similar looking but equally nasty different variety that make a round nest on the side of a barn or in a bush or tree.)  Then there are blackjackets, which also live in the ground and look like yellowjackets only they are black and white.  Not as aggressive and from my experience the nests are usually smaller than yellowjackets nests are. Don't confuse blackjackets with Bald faced/ white faced hornets though.  They are also black and white but make roundish nests in trees and on buildings.  They are in some ways less aggressive than yellowjackets are but like the guy said earlier, don't fuck with them unless you know you can get away.  Their sting is harder and the whole fucking nest will chase you for a long ways if you fuck with them.  Then there are European Hornets.  They are rare but holy shit they are big.  They are also the only ones that are fully active 24/7 so night attacks on them won't help you.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 5:31:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 5:31:22 PM EDT
[#34]
we had a big ass nest on my property. When my buddy found it they fucked him and my dog up pretty bad. tried all sorts of chemicals to kill them and ended up soaking everything with gas and lighting it. I hung a trap after than and still filled the trap three times after the nest was destroyed.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 5:31:53 PM EDT
[#35]

It is time - goin' in wet.

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 5:32:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Plenty of diesel and a torch FTW!!!

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 5:33:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 5:35:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Did you think that posting this on a public web site was very smart at all?

(unless you thought about cutting their Internet service off in advance!)
View Quote

They are probably combing the net as we speak to see what the buzz is about.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 5:36:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 5:40:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 5:40:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Solo cup of gas down their entry hole at night has never failed me, 100% dead and gone.  No lighting it on fire, just pour it down and be done with it.  Now I had a yellow jackets nest in a decaying railroad tie that was a different story.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 5:47:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Get some!
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 5:54:57 PM EDT
[#43]
I didn't see how you plan to kill them...
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 5:58:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Ether-containing engine starting fluid is very lethal to such insects. Kills on contact and is very flammable.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 6:14:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

You honestly got me there

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 6:19:01 PM EDT
[#46]
In before the 911 call.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 6:19:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I didn't see how you plan to kill them...
View Quote

Simple 'Investment'

ETA: it has to be glass to work, or they will just dig a new exit.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Good luck.

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 6:51:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

speed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

speed

Awe, fuck.  Now everything is in that voice.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 6:54:36 PM EDT
[#50]
20 of em got me two days ago.....glad they didn't fly up my shorts like they did a couple years ago.

Miner Bees are the ones that pollinate my grape vines though....so I cut them a lot of slack....have a decent grape crop this year...
thanks to them.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top