Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2003 8:01:38 AM EDT
Guys, I need some quick info/advice.

Here's a bit of background: we have 7 paintings on consignment in a Houston Gallery. We've had a falling out with the owner, I won't go into that sordid mess.  He's left it up to us to get the paintings out of his gallery by the end of next week, and actually stated this morning he would no longer cover them for insurance purposes retroactively back to June 19th.  After protesting he's covering them through Monday.

What I need is a Houston area shipper that can go to the gallery and pick up the paintings, take pictures to document condition, and pack and ship them back to us (in Colorado) on rather short notice.  Can anybody help with a company name in Houston?  It's difficult for us to do anything from here in Colorado, especially on such short notice.  I'm hoping one of the ARFCOM family in the Houston area might be able to help.

The paintings in question are worth quite a bit in total (6 figures) and represent my wife and my life savings at this point.  We've burned up most of our liquid assets because I've been out of work almost 2 years, so these are very important to us.  I'm a little concerned with this guy going ballistic on us.

I hate to air this personal problem, but desperate times call for desperate measures.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:18:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:39:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Jarhead, thanks for the kind offer.  Hopefully it won't be necessary, but if I get desparate I'll take you up on it.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:55:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Check IM
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:30:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 3:54:15 AM EDT
[#5]
mojo,

Got a few more responses, thanks.  I think things may be working out.  I'll keep you guys posted, and I really want to thank everyone for their kind offers of help.

ARFCOM is one great place.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 10:36:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm in houston what do you need me to do?
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:47:05 PM EDT
[#7]
BTT
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:10:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Okay, Gentlemen, I think I've got this resolved.  I've located another Gallery in Houston that will perform an extraction and transport the paintings back to us.  They will have them crated and insure them for the return trip (for a modest fee, of course).

Anyway, I want to thank everyone here for the many offers of help.  I came pretty close to accepting a couple of them, and it's nice to know in this day and age there are still good people willing to go out of their way to help.

Again, thank you all.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:15:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 5:34:55 AM EDT
[#10]
I wanna thank all you local guys for offering to help marvl out.

(Marvl, you ever hear of "Alois Arnegger"?)

(I saw that SGB!! [:D] Thanks)
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 5:39:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Anytime guys!  ya'll know how to reach me!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 5:55:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I wanna thank all you local guys for offering to help marvl out.

(Marvl, you ever hear of "Alois Arnegger"?)

(I saw that SGB!! [:D] Thanks)
View Quote

Yep, heard of him.  Don't own anything by him.  Wish we did. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:05:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Okay, Gentlemen, I think I've got this resolved.  I've located another Gallery in Houston that will perform an extraction and transport the paintings back to us.  They will have them crated and insure them for the return trip (for a modest fee, of course).

Anyway, I want to thank everyone here for the many offers of help.  I came pretty close to accepting a couple of them, and it's nice to know in this day and age there are still good people willing to go out of their way to help.

Again, thank you all.
View Quote

If something falls through you may want to use Cotton Moving and Storage, Inc.  They normally do high value office and residential stuff, but I'm sure they have some specialty people that could handle your stuff.  They are very well established, hire competent people and are very organized.

bd
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top