Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/29/2003 12:23:39 PM EDT
Just thought I would let everyone know that Sams has Starlight Double Rifle Cases for $116.  Thats about half of what they are going for everywhere else!  Get em quick, they're going fast!
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 12:32:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
www.samsclub.com/eclub/main_shopping.jsp?n0&oidPath=0%3a-23542%3a-23595%3a-31181&coe=0&BV_SessionID=_SC_1491314789.1067462753_CS_&BV_EngineID=cccfadcjkhedjijcfkfcfkjdgoodfkg.0

Nope thats the aluminum one.  Sams has actual Starlight cases.  This has been confirmed by people from Snipershide.com who have actually bought them.  I'm gonna hit my sams up later today.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 1:19:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I'll go look, but I'd be wiiling to bet there are no Chicago area stores that carry them.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 2:27:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Is that the # SC-061352?  The price is $210 + $ S&H on the Starlight website.  If it is, what a bargain!  I think that I'll go buy two!
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 2:32:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll have to go check that out this weekend.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 2:36:17 PM EDT
[#6]
How much do they normally go for?
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 2:45:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Please provide a link to Sniper's Hide that references this......very interested.

Nice....
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 2:54:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 5:54:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Can someone who has seen/bought one at Sam's Club please post the Sam's Club SKU??

I live in PRM where guns cause crime, so I'm not sure that Sam's Club will carry these gun cases. With the SKU, I can call and verify that they have them before driving 65miles RT to purchase or go away disappointed.

These cases are NOT up on Sam's Club website as of last night.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 5:57:32 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Can someone who has seen/bought one at Sam's Club please post the Sam's Club SKU??

I live in PRM where guns cause crime, so I'm not sure that Sam's Club will carry these gun cases. With the SKU, I can call and verify that they have them before driving 65miles RT to purchase or go away disappointed.

These cases are NOT up on Sam's Club website as of last night.

Thanks.

Checked my Sams last night, all they had were the aluminum ones.  Any of the Colorado members been to their Sams yet?
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 9:14:42 AM EDT
[#11]
To answer my own question. . .

I spoke with the sales manager for Starlight Cases (New Innovations?) and he was most helpful.

The double rifle case with wheels is Starlight P/N SC-061352SW, Sam's Club Item 212836.

Sam's Club bought 9000 units for their "seasonal sale". Normal dealer wholesale on these is ~$150 with wheels. NONE of the MA Sam's Clubs that I called have them listed on their computers (probably banned by our a-hole AG).

So, I suggest that we all call the local Sam's Club and ask if Item # 212836 is in stock and if not, when they might expect it!! That should drive interest and in non-Communist states they might actually order more of them.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 9:22:06 AM EDT
[#12]
I just called my Sams.  They put 18 of them out on the floor today.

Now I just need to decide whether or not to take the deal on the green one that was mistakingly sent to me or pay $25 less for the black one.  

Scott
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 10:01:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Just bought one of these at the local
Sam's Club.  
This case is a bargain at $116.
Think I might need to go back for second
one to give my hunting partner.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 10:36:00 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
To answer my own question. . .

I spoke with the sales manager for Starlight Cases (New Innovations?) and he was most helpful.

The double rifle case with wheels is Starlight P/N SC-061352SW, Sam's Club Item 212836.

Sam's Club bought 9000 units for their "seasonal sale". Normal dealer wholesale on these is ~$150 with wheels. NONE of the MA Sam's Clubs that I called have them listed on their computers (probably banned by our a-hole AG).

So, I suggest that we all call the local Sam's Club and ask if Item # 212836 is in stock and if not, when they might expect it!! That should drive interest and in non-Communist states they might actually order more of them.

I just called the 2 Sams nearest me and they did not have the part # listed. I'm going to contact headquarters and complain.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 10:39:41 AM EDT
[#15]
I went to my local Sam's and they didn't have them and didn't have them coming in.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 10:42:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Sound like a cool deal.

I was very impressed with the aluminum one. It has a locking clasp that is spring loaded so you can pop it open anyway.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 10:54:39 AM EDT
[#17]
the closest Sams to me that has it is in stock is in Kingston, NY, that's a 140 mile drive one way. The # there is 845-382-1320. It's listed in their system, and the customer service rep said it will be available on the sams website soon. The best part is that they'll be contacting me when they have more info, or put it up on their website. I mentioned that there is considerable interest on an internet forum with several thousand members.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 7:39:48 PM EDT
[#18]
I paid a visit to the Hudson NH Sam's Club today and they couldn't find it. Turns out it was buried in a trailer-load of mdse that they got in on Thursday but haven't' had time to sort and put out on the floor. I pushed them to find it and it took probably a good 30 minutes as they moved pallet-stack after pallet-stack.

Finally got one and I'm a happy camper! Told them that there is likely to be a number of AR15.com'rs looking for them in the NH stores.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:11:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for the heads up !!
I'm gonna check our here tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:22:27 PM EDT
[#20]
I still can't find this damn rifle case.  I even tried looking on line on the Sam's website and I can't find it.  What am I doing wrong here?
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:26:52 PM EDT
[#21]
The Sam's Club here in Westland/Canton had 30 Starlight cases. There were 7 still available last night. No more coming in is what the manager told me. I bought one and I must say that they're top notch. The display case (which is just one that somebody opened up and sat on top of the others...) is missing one piece of foam. I would try to get a discount on that one if there are no more. Great price!
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:30:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Sam's at The Woodlands does NOT have them.  They looked at me like I was psycho.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:40:58 PM EDT
[#23]
None here in CA so far.  Hope they put it on their internet site.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:56:37 PM EDT
[#24]
tagged

The Sterling and Woodbridge stores here in NOVA does not have the cases(yet)as of yesterday.

DD

edited for a missing word

Link Posted: 11/2/2003 6:27:42 PM EDT
[#25]
It pays to call ahead and ask for it by the Sam's Club Item #!

It's not on the website! Probably won't be either, since it was purchased as a "seasonal item" and it sounds like when the 9000 get sold, that's it for this year!!
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 4:34:08 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
It pays to call ahead and ask for it by the Sam's Club Item #!

One would think that calling ahead would do it LOL - but unforutunately, we are not dealing with well paid rocket scientists working the phones. I called up and after getting hung up once and put on hold for about 10 minutes, was told that they have the item by the SKU and manufacturer's numbers.

Longshot here on our board, independently called as well and basically had to go through a similar experience, only to be assured that they have it in stock.

Ofcourse, what they had where the aluminum ones. Interestingly though, their website is selling the alum ones for 69 bucks. But the stores here are selling it for 116 bucks.

I think they might have mixed it up and put starlights in the christmas lights section of the store or in the tire department!!!
Not giving up though - will check it periodically.
DD
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:01:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Just a SE PA report - neither the Exton store or the Hatboro store has them.   The Reading store had about 6-7 left when I got mine yesterday.   Starlight's SKU is NOT the Sam's item number - I know this for certain because they had to call for a price check on mine, the SKU on the box didn't work in their system.  I was hoping the person they called in that section would be confused and think it was one of the soft Koplin cases they were also selling, but alas, no .

Both these and the aluminum cases are the exact same price, so I wonder if they did screw up their pricing on these.  

Rocko
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:07:27 AM EDT
[#28]
My local Sam's does not have any as of yesterday.

Will keep checking though!

Is there another SKU# than the previous one?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:08:10 AM EDT
[#29]
When this first got posted, I checked the Sam's website and found the AL ones listed for $116. So I took down that Item # so that I could inform them that this was NOT what I was looking for. [The AL ones are junk, I looked at them in the store and they were being sold for $69 in the store.]

If it is in their inventory AND not on the floor, this means that it is buried somewhere in their stockroom at the back of the store. That's what happened with me at the Sam's in Hudson, NH. ONLY my insistence that "no, I can't come back in a few days to see if you put them out, that I had traveled 65 miles to pick one up." got enough sympathy so that they actually moved the stacks of new stock that had come in over the past few days and eventually found it for me.

Since every item going out the door has an "Item #" and gets interactively removed from Inventory, if the computer says that they have them and they aren't on the floor, they ARE in the back stock area!

Be polite and insistent, it will pay off. [Admittedly I wasted almost an hour while they looked for it. I was not happy about that since I had other things to pick up and a party to get back to "back home".]

Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:09:18 AM EDT
[#30]
The store in Murfreesboro, TN. only had the aluminum ones. They were $116.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:14:03 AM EDT
[#31]
SKUs and P/Ns:

The UPC on the box is 061352190323

There is a very small "Sam's Club" label with their Item # on it (my clerk missed it too) showing a bunch of leading "0's" followed by "212836".

I had a printout from www.starlightcases.com/sizes.htm and had written the numbers that I was given by Starlight's sales manager.

When the clerk punched up the "212836" number it came up properly on the register.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:16:58 AM EDT
[#32]
I might go see the local Sams here tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:22:02 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
When this first got posted, I checked the Sam's website and found the AL ones listed for $116. So I took down that Item # so that I could inform them that this was NOT what I was looking for. [The AL ones are junk, I looked at them in the store and they were being sold for $69 in the store.]

If it is in their inventory AND not on the floor, this means that it is buried somewhere in their stockroom at the back of the store. That's what happened with me at the Sam's in Hudson, NH. ONLY my insistence that "no, I can't come back in a few days to see if you put them out, that I had traveled 65 miles to pick one up." got enough sympathy so that they actually moved the stacks of new stock that had come in over the past few days and eventually found it for me.

Since every item going out the door has an "Item #" and gets interactively removed from Inventory, if the computer says that they have them and they aren't on the floor, they ARE in the back stock area!

Be polite and insistent, it will pay off. [Admittedly I wasted almost an hour while they looked for it. I was not happy about that since I had other things to pick up and a party to get back to "back home".]

Thanks Lens - i will just have to set up camp untill they pull inventory from the back. But they where really selling the Alum ones for 116 bucks at both stores.
DD
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:58:10 AM EDT
[#34]

Wallmart has a double black rifle hard case for 17 dollars.  no, it's not a gasket sealed starlight case.. but a pretty good deal for us poor folk..
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 6:16:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Score, 16 in stock at a store near me, not telling exactly where...... ;) ;)
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:46:33 AM EDT
[#36]
2 @ Sam's in Monroeville, the latches are extremely difficult to close (assuming this is to maintain the watertight seal integrity)
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:56:54 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
SKUs and P/Ns:

The UPC on the box is 061352190323

There is a very small "Sam's Club" label with their Item # on it (my clerk missed it too) showing a bunch of leading "0's" followed by "212836".

I had a printout from www.starlightcases.com/sizes.htm and had written the numbers that I was given by Starlight's sales manager.

When the clerk punched up the "212836" number it came up properly on the register.

Neither of those numbers work at Sam's around me.  The guy said he can't find any info on his computer when entering those 2.

Any ideas?  I don't have time to drive all over town looking.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 11:43:42 AM EDT
[#38]
here's the preliminary response I got from Sam, after the online chat session I had with one of their reps this weekend. This leads me to believe that it will be available online soon!

To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 3:26 PM
Subject: Response from Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (Ref #000000004628670)

> Thank you for your message.
>
> Thank you for contacting SAM'S CLUB concerning item number 212836.  We are
> waiting on the vendor to get us information to put it on line but should be
> on line by next week.  Please contact us if you have further questions.
>
>
>
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 11:56:57 AM EDT
[#39]
While I know its not a starlight. The GunGuard I have is rock solid. And I got mine for $90.00 last year.

www.gunguard.net/all_weather.html

Link Posted: 11/3/2003 4:53:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Well I made it by my local Sam's this evening.
Upon entering a very good friend of mine, who happens to be the manager, hollered at me to say hi!

After a couple minutes of catching up I asked if he had gotten any of the Starlight cases in?

He said yeah we got them on the end cap at the end of the Sporting Goods aisle!

Well they only had 17 left when I left!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 6:34:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Ugh, I realized I dont have a Sams Membership, but my mom does....Their website says that advantage members get a complimentary membership for their spouse or other family member over 18, does anyone know how one attains this complimentary membership???
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 7:41:46 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Ugh, I realized I dont have a Sams Membership, but my mom does....Their website says that advantage members get a complimentary membership for their spouse or other family member over 18, does anyone know how one attains this complimentary membership???

Yup, when your Mother fills out the membership form, she adds you as the second member. If she's not up for renewal, both of you will probably have to go together to add you to her account.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 7:42:42 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Upon entering a very good friend of mine, who happens to be the manager, hollered at me to say hi!

After a couple minutes of catching up I asked if he had gotten any of the Starlight cases in?

BigDozer66

Where was the Sams?

I went to three in Plano and could not find them.

Link Posted: 11/4/2003 4:00:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Yes and No for me. I found the manager of one of the local stores here in NOVA. After looking it up, he said they had 36 (nothing on the floor BTW - and yes they finally changed the aluminum case price to right amount of 68 bucks). After looking in the "back" for a while, they finally told me that it must have been stored up high in one of the racks and asked me to give them some time to find it.
Long story short, after finally having one in my hands - i found out that they only take freakin discover card, cash or check. I havent been to Samsclub for so long i forgot their policies and i only had the regular CC's in my wallet.
So i had to sadly leave the case there and walk out. With 36 on that one store though and no plans of displaying them yet, i am not worried. I'll get mine today.
DD
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 8:15:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Sam's in Arizona at Ray & I-10(Chandler) has about 30 cases left.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 5:46:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Glad you guys have been able to pick one of these up.  I absolutely love mine.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 5:52:11 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BigDozer66

Where was the Sams?

I went to three in Plano and could not find them.

Frisco,
It is in Lufkin...about 3 hours South of DFW!
Let me know if you can't find any up there!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 6:00:19 PM EDT
[#48]
I got mine today....OMG TWO THUMBS UP!!!

And it has wheels too!! A $34.99 value. I did have to drive 45 minutes each way, but it really is worth it. My dad almost sprung for a second case because he thought someone on here might want to buy one, but with shipping and all it wouldnt really be worth it for the buyer.

Question to Starlight owners: Were the latches on your case difficult to operate the first few times you used it?
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 6:00:29 PM EDT
[#49]
The Newport News, VA Sam's Club had 15 when I got there, and 14 after I left.  

Twas $116.82.  The $69 aluminum cases were right next to them on one side, and Winchester gun safes were on the other side.  They also had some $45 (!) Kolpin soft cases.

Thanks for the heads up, schapman43.

DrMark
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 4:52:17 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Question to Starlight owners: Were the latches on your case difficult to operate the first few times you used it?

Very difficult to close. Not sure if foam is getting caught or the seams aren't lining up or what, will fiddle with it this weekend. FWIW, read somewhere else that the latches are stiff.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top