Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2004 4:11:04 PM EDT
Well, I for one had a blast today! I think things ran great, and will only continue to get better.

The move from holding the matches at the conservation area too the range at CMMG is awesome. No more hassles from the conservation agents about NFA, and just in general allows us so much more freedom and opportunity.

This COF was one of the most fun we've run. Thanks to Metalman for the idea, and all those who got it set up ahead of time!

And now to the pics.

First off, some of the toys!:

Me running the course. Damn I'm handsome!:

The evil masked man, Duke, punishing the bad guys with his HK. That was some sweet handgun action Duke. Wish I could shoot like that with my Kimber!

Jeff shooting the full auto FAL. BTW, if I have to tell you to get your finger off the trigger again, you're banned! :

And last but not least, it wouldn't be a shoot without tannerite would it?

Man, it was nice having the second lane of fire this time!

Well, hope to see you all out there next month, as well as any in the region who want to join in the fun!

Seriously folks, if you don't have something like this in your area, start it yourself. It's well worth it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 4:18:32 PM EDT
[#1]
It looks awesome!  

Can't wait for next month!

Link Posted: 1/3/2004 4:26:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice.....I'm gonna make every effort to make it to the Feb shoot now that the car situation is sorted out.

Who knows....we might even actually have snow for that one.  [:D]
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 5:31:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for posting the pics Lief, speaking of handsome, check out the backside of the guy on the left in the tannerite pic, that guy on the right looks PRETTY SHADY though.  [rofl]
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 6:21:55 PM EDT
[#4]

All I can see is the dreaded Red X.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 6:43:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a great time.  Things were much better organized this time, and we didn't get rained on at all.  Pics to follow.  I will also tally scores tonight or tomorrow.

P.S. I have to brag just a bit.  In the pic of me shooting my "Big Tac" USP Tactical, the left most target you can see in the pic is hiding behind a tree, flanked by two blue-painted hostages.  He received two shots in the head and the hostages remained unscathed.  Yes!

[Counterstrike]
COUNTER-TERRORISTS WIN
[/Counterstrike]

EDIT:  Woot its pic time!

Here is a better pic of that crazy long-haired METALMAN.  

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=21178[/img]

Hey man you need to hang some more crap off of that SAR-1, it doesn't have a laser, a flashlight, or a beer bottle opener yet.  The balloons on the table represent the "meth lab" hazard, and were placed strategically around the first course of fire.  If the muzzle blast from your gun popped a balloon, you detonated the volatile fumes of the meth lab, so +10 seconds and a whole lot of skin grafts for you!  Participants running AR15s with NFA 10.5 inch barrels ensured that no ballon survived the first course of fire.  Oh yeah, Marshall: we all dig the hat, dude.

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=21180[/img]
Here Alan (seldom posts, he has a real life) runs the course.  As you can see alot of work went into the course of fire, it was METALMAN's design but Jeff and John Overstreet of CMMG fame did alot of work to make it happen.  The course had a real "shoot house" flavor to it, and everyone appreciated the work that they put in to make it happen.  Thanks guys!

In keeping with the newly formed "bayonet rule", I did not bayonet any targets today.  Instead, I stabbed one with my K-Bar, as promised.  Its not a bayonet, so there.  The cool part was that it actually stuck there in the target, and the blade is correctly horizontal (so it would go through his ribs).  After all, we strive for realism at MODCC.

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=21181[/img]

What's that you say?  I'm a dork and a dumbass?  Where's the Jerkins?  Look into my eyes!  You wanna piece o' me and my SAW, boy?  

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=21179[/img]

Didn't think so, bitches.

Scores tomorrow, I've cleaned my M4 and now its time for beddie bye.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 6:52:12 PM EDT
[#6]
.......that guy on the right looks PRETTY SHADY though.  [rofl]
View Quote

not 'pretty' .....'FUCKIN'......godamn shorthairs!!! Hee hee!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:37:14 PM EDT
[#7]
very very cool!
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 10:56:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Decided that beddie bye could wait till I hosted a vid on imagestation:

[url]http://www.imagestation.com/video/view.html?id=4195601179&dl=1[/url]

As always, imagestation does NOT support streaming so you'll have to RIGHT CLICK, SAVE TARGET AS...  

The video depicts John Overstreet's second run of the day, run with the FN P90 subgun.  Its worth the download time, trust me.  Size is 10.9 MB, apologies to anyone on dialup.  Took me about 10 mins to download on DSL so grab a cold one while you wait.

To put in a mandatory reload, everyone had to load only ten rounds in their first magazine.  You can hear laughter during John's reload because the ten round mag lasted exactly one burst on one target, and John had to go straight to the reload.  The P90's cyclic rate is about 950 rounds per minute, divide by 60 seconds in a minute and you get 15.83 shots per second, so, um, yeah, that makes sense.  

No matter what you think of the percieved stopping power of this caliber (or lack thereof), you have to be impressed with the design/engineering of the firearm and its controllability and accuracy in the hands of a skilled operator.  Watching the video closely, even in John's clumsy, oafish hands [bd] there is basically no detectable muzzle rise, and the groupings he shot bore this out.  The last target he shot is a white knock-over type "pepper popper", the rule being that when the white target falls the clock stops no matter what the status of any other target.  You'll see that he hits the popper but it doesn't move--this is not because the 5.7mm has no knock down power, but rather because multiple rounds penetrated right through the mild steel effortlessly.

[Keanu]
WHOAH..
[/Keanu]
Link Posted: 1/4/2004 12:16:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Why is that guy wearing a NYPD JBT mask?  Doesn't he know that they are reserved for the JBT infringing on the poor NYers.
Link Posted: 1/4/2004 12:40:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Why is that guy wearing a NYPD JBT mask?  Doesn't he know that they are reserved for the JBT infringing on the poor NYers.
View Quote

JBT mask also doubles as a cold weather mask for when it's fucking cold out.  I love to wear mine.  Balaklavas rock.
Link Posted: 1/4/2004 1:31:15 AM EDT
[#11]
MILITA!!!!!!! MILITA!!!!!!!!!!!

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/4/2004 3:56:33 AM EDT
[#12]
That looks like fun, maybe we should start something like that here.... [:D]

Dirk
Link Posted: 1/4/2004 7:56:30 AM EDT
[#13]
yes, i must even say i had a good time, and that hostage will remember, there is no such thing as a hostage. they all have been brain washed. it will look good in the office. Duke it said the video was not found. Ronald
Link Posted: 1/4/2004 9:11:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/4/2004 10:52:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
yes, i must even say i had a good time, and that hostage will remember, there is no such thing as a hostage. they all have been brain washed. it will look good in the office. Duke it said the video was not found. Ronald
View Quote

Its coming up for me, try again buddy.  LOL that was very perceptive of you, realizing that the "hostage" had been brainwashed so quickly.  Four shots to the head, very accurate!  Hehe!  And thanks for letting me use those mags during my second run.

Oh yeah, and the balaklava WAS mostly to keep me warm, the high on Saturday was 40 and it threatened rain all day but never did more than sprinkle a bit.  Underneath the tiger stripes I'm wearing long underwear, a tshirt and a sweater, plus since I scored the shoot I must have ran up and down that hill at least 50 times, so I stayed pretty warm.  We had a fire going but I never really took advantage of it.

John, that mag change doesn't look too bad to me.  The way Ken showed me to do it, it seems like you can do it without removing the gun from your shoulder, and that would be faster if you had the spare mag ready to go.  But that was a reasonably fast mag change, and comparable in time to other systems like the Mp5 or AR15.
Link Posted: 1/5/2004 4:14:49 AM EDT
[#16]
One more vid, this one is me doing my second run.  The second run we were mostly goofing off and going for pure time, so I run n gun rather than playing it all tactical.  I still hit all the targets, we just weren't as worried about being tactically sound the second time around.  The fun factor was definitely there!

[url]http://www.imagestation.com/video/view.html?id=4195359517&dl=1[/url]
Link Posted: 1/5/2004 4:38:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Guys, when I see pictures of events or some of you cutting loose with full auto I sure wish I was there. Around here a trip to the range means being stuck to the shooting bench. Although there are few cowboy action shoots that ain't my cup of tea. We use to have a pit in a state park but it was shut down. Anyone got a place in CT that allows FA or just plinking? BobK
Link Posted: 1/5/2004 6:05:31 AM EDT
[#18]
I really need to go to one of these.
Link Posted: 1/5/2004 7:00:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Cool shit, but is it normal to be running and shooting?  I thought the point was to use cover, hit the targets and move?  Is this a badguy aiming a gun back at you or go through the course as fast as possible?

Both vids were impressive, I like how both of them moved through.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2004 7:10:59 AM EDT
[#20]
John, your COF run is awesome!  I dont see what Gumby has anything to do with it.  You are an excellent CQB shooter, quick, smooth and accurate.

Duke!  How did you train your finger to shoot so fast and smooth like that??  Not only Duke-Nukem trigger finger is fast, but it is also very controllable.  I was the scorer during his first run, and the hits on those targets are just awesome.  Quite a few targets had 2 hits that were just 1-2 inches away from each other.  You need to show me how to train to be that good !!
Link Posted: 1/5/2004 9:46:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Jay & Silent Bob...Circa Mall Rats.

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=21178[/img]

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=21179[/img]

Link Posted: 1/5/2004 2:47:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Balzac, that was my second run.  My first run I did all tactical style (except for pausing to stab that target with my Ka Bar) and my second run I just went into "hauling ass mode" and went for pure speed.  I still hit all the targets.  In fact, if you turn up your sound you can hear me saying to myself "hauling ass mode... ENGAGED" as I flip down my rear iron sight for a better view of the red dot.

I'm always clowing around with these things because the last thing I want people to do is to start to take it seriously.  I've been to alot of IPSC matches where guys who put 700 rounds per week through their custom 1911s moan and bitch through the whole match because they fumbled a reload or something else didn't go just perfectly.  BAH!  I quit showing up to those matches and started showing up to MODCC cause its FUN!

AR15fan:  if you've ever met Marshall, he talks alot like Jason Mewes (sp?), who played "Jay" in those movies.  He just doesn't cuss quite as much.  I talk WAY too much to be Silent Bob though, I'm more like Annoying Excited Loser Lawyer-Wannabe Bob.  Or something.
Link Posted: 1/5/2004 3:10:28 PM EDT
[#23]
ya im afraid i would have to be the Silent Bob of the group. until i get to know you. i bet have the guys at modcc wonder if i talk at all. Ronald
Link Posted: 1/11/2004 6:37:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Jay & Silent Bob...Circa Mall Rats.

View Quote

i know im a little slow on the uptake, but.....

[lolabove]

[rofl2]
Link Posted: 1/11/2004 7:06:23 PM EDT
[#25]
I like that SAW, [b]Duke Nukem[/b]. If you don't mind my asking; is that yours(FA?) or issued?
Link Posted: 1/11/2004 9:50:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Its really mine, and yes its FA, I just let CMMG keep it at their place since they have the SOT and all.  
Ok, ok, its not mine.  Its theirs.  Happy now?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top