Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2004 10:45:16 PM EDT
Watching Beverly Hills Cop 2, there is a scene where Brigitte Neilson (sp?) is shooting a revolver in a gun range and EVERY TIME she gets a shot off, you hear a shell drop just like a SA!!!

What kind of gun is this?? I want one!!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2004 10:51:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it's called the Mateba or something like that.  I used to see them all the time in shotgun news.  I just don't see the benefit.  The bulk of a revolver paired with the relialbility issues of a pistol?

OK, I did a search and found a picture for you:
[img]home.mweb.co.za/af/afadrb/Images/mateba/mateba_std.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 2/24/2004 11:05:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I think it's called the Mateba or something like that.  I used to see them all the time in shotgun news.  I just don't see the benefit.  The bulk of a revolver paired with the relialbility issues of a pistol?

OK, I did a search and found a picture for you:
[url]home.mweb.co.za/af/afadrb/Images/mateba/mateba_std.jpg[/url]
View Quote

HOLY CRAP!! I WAS BEING SARCASTIC!!!!

Leave it up to you to find sh*t like this!! IN REAL LIFE NO DOUBT!  LOL!!

Man I am rolling.... THAT was funny Ratters.
Link Posted: 2/24/2004 11:06:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I figured thats what you were talking about as well.
Link Posted: 2/24/2004 11:06:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know if the mateba auto ejects or not - I never read about that as one of the features. I do know they are one of the few semi auto revolvers out there, and that Tamara of glocktalk and thehighroad.org fame has/had one.
Link Posted: 2/24/2004 11:35:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't know if the mateba auto ejects or not - I never read about that as one of the features. I do know they are one of the few semi auto revolvers out there, and that Tamara of glocktalk and thehighroad.org fame has/had one.
View Quote

Mataba has a semi-auto revolver, you can id it by the zig zag grooves on the cylinder, but I didn't think it ejected.

The only other semi auto revolver was the old Webley Fosbery from before WWII. It definently didn't eject, it was a top break.

I thought she had a Desert Eagle in that scene though? She used a DE through most of the movie.
Link Posted: 2/25/2004 12:52:43 AM EDT
[#6]
The Italian made "Mateba Model 6 Unica" does NOT eject spent cartridges, the cylinder swings out like any other revolver.  It is currently the only automatic revolver made in the world today. The Webley-Fosbery was also made, but has been out of production for more than sixty years.

[img]http://www.kitsune.addr.com/Firearms/Revolvers/Mateba_Model_6.jpg[/img]

The Unica functions as follows: The first triggerpull is a normal double action pull, it cocks the hammer, and then releases it, firing the gun. Upon firing the upper part of the frame recoils. This movement then cocks the hammer, and automatically rotates the cylinder. When the upper frame has completely recoiled, it is pushed forward again by a spring. When it has returned to its forward position the gun is ready to fire another shot, only this time a light pull in Single-Action mode, as the hammer is already cocked and the cylinder rotated.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Link Posted: 2/25/2004 1:01:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Did you physically [shock] the brass pop out, or merely hear it clatter to the floor?

How many times have we all seen that rare instance where Hollywood dickheads actually remember that the slide locks back after the last round's expended (a miracle in itself that this occurs) [b]only[/b] to make the clicking sound of the hammer falling as the oblivious actor finds himself out of ammo! I'd even see the actor pull 2-3 times with accompanying "clicks", like the sound guy was squeezing a dry revolver into the mic! Hollywood Assholes! With all their anti propaganda, you'd think they'd know a little more about guns!
Link Posted: 2/25/2004 3:11:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/25/2004 7:57:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Did you physically [shock] the brass pop out, or merely hear it clatter to the floor?

View Quote

No of course i didnt see the spent casings pop out. ITS A REVOLVER SON!!! [;)] The sound shmucks added that little tidbit in. I know EXACTLY what you are talking about with the slide back and sound that doesnt match. Cracks me up every time.
Link Posted: 2/25/2004 8:15:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Check this out:

[img]http://www.cybershooters.org/shotpics/Mateba%20rifle.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 2/25/2004 8:23:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The bulk of a revolver paired with the relialbility issues of a pistol?
View Quote

Not to mention limited capacity and [i]combined[/i] mechanical complexities of revolver/pistol.  This gun has it all.
Link Posted: 2/25/2004 2:38:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I had a friend with a Webley-Fosbury.  He used to love taking it to a range and hear somebody say "Oh that's just a crummy Webley" and then listen to the jaws drop when they saw the damn thing fire.

In case you haven't seen one the cylinder has a groove "V"ing around the perimeter and the top of the frame moves back using the groove to advance the cylinder while cocking the hammer like an auto.  It's a real goofy looking thing when fired.
Link Posted: 2/25/2004 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#13]
[cplhicks] If you liked that, then you're gonna love this.....[/cplhicks]

Dardick Tround = freaky

[url]http://www.wapahani.com/pistols2.html[/url]

Pictures here...[url]http://www.quarry.nildram.co.uk/Tround.jpg[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top