BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 1694
Posted: 4/6/2020 1:38:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61]
Bored, and want to live dangerously?

Company I've been in for 14 years is in it's death throes...got pounded by the 'Rona. They own a wall of patents on MEMS laser projection and LIDAR, and just signed an agreement with MSFT last week to transfer manufacture of the light engine in Hololens II to a royalty agreement. The next day 50M shares traded...and there are only 150M shares total for the company. Looks now like they were cleaning up for a sale/merger because...

..."MVIS-Today announced it has retained investment banking firm Craig-Hallum Capital Group LLC to serve as its financial advisor as it explores various licensing and other strategic alternatives, including a potential sale or merger of the company."

Selling this morning at .22 to .23 a share. Speculation is rampant about what a sale would bring, because potential suitors include MSFT, Apple, STM, Sony and others. Read this thread carefully to see what's going on!...and don't gamble money you can't afford to lose. A reverse-split is also still  on the table, and those almost always destroy shareholder value*.

ETA: *"destroy shareholder value" is a euphemism for "individual investor loses his shirt".

MVIS retains Craig Hallum

Full disclosure: I hold 30K shares at an .84 ASP. If they sell for a buck a share I make beer money. If it goes for $5 I make Porsche money. Point is, at .23 right now a buck sale will be a three bagger...

UPDATE: CEO just sent out a memo begging shareholders to vote "yes" on the reverse split...heavy implication is they're getting hammered by "no" votes, and the motion won't pass, or is in serious danger.

MVIS Reddit is lighting up. I won't pretend to fully understand the repercussions, but it sure is entertaining. If you have proxy voting rights, please use them and support the vote of no confidence on item 3!

Go here and do some (non-technical) Reddit reading. Emotions running high. Share is up 28% as I type.
Form_defa14a
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 1:32:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:
In-fucking-deed!
View Quote

got my finger on the button to Buy new lows.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 1:40:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By jacobsk:
Today’s the day, I can feel it
View Quote

We don't need any more like that. Please stop. Seek help.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 1:47:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By EagleArmsHBAR:

Worst case scenario is a 3% return in a week, unless it tanks I suppose.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 2:12:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: oldno7] [#4]
Originally Posted By oldno7:

View Quote

I think we will need 1m+ shares in 1-5min. bar to hit bottom.(MVIS)

When everyone gasps and screams, o-f---, thats the Buy signal.

LAZR is holding it's positive momentum.

THX, Osprey for pointing that out, I might have missed it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 2:14:25 PM EDT
[#5]

I think we will need 1m+ shares in 1-5min. bar to hit bottom.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I think we will need 1m+ shares in 1-5min. bar to hit bottom.

if they are taping the ATM which with the volume over the last few days it seems possible or even likely they are, we are no where near the bottom
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 2:21:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eitek1] [#6]
I've got some money to play with (2k) and I'd like to buy something to take a long position on. What's the best things to look at? Is MVIS still a viable play?
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 2:31:19 PM EDT
[#7]
MOVIA™ S for Urban Driving

Have one for parking too.... their production value on their vids is going up
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 2:42:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CajunMojo] [#8]
Man, that really inspires confidence... it can park itself.

Attachment Attached File

I really feel stupid for buying more today.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 2:50:01 PM EDT
[#9]
The video claims level 3 urban driving whatever that means and the other video states level 4 parking
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 3:00:43 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

My next MAJOR support level is $1.64.

Whether we get there or not, who knows But I'm looking for a point to get in with a yugely amount of shares and not look to counter trend trade.(MVIS)
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 3:16:23 PM EDT
[#11]
tOdAy iS ThE dAy, i cAn FeEl iT.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 4:00:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: goodasgone81] [#12]
DateClose/LastVolumeOpenHighLow
03/15/2024$1.9156,370,969$2.09$2.15$1.91
03/14/2024$2.0756,932,466$2.30$2.31$2.03
03/13/2024$2.312,501,291$2.30$2.34$2.24
03/12/2024$2.331,949,645$2.40$2.40$2.28
03/11/2024$2.392,536,672$2.50$2.53$2.36
03/08/2024$2.476,811,133$2.41$2.70$2.41
03/07/2024$2.382,525,727

The 8th market's were actually responding well to the ATM announcement and it was an upward trend   14th and 15th market's reacting to inflation data but I'm not sure that justifies the high volume. Today we'll end well into 5.5 million territory.  This is really starting to look like the ATM to me, let's hope they're only needing to secure like $25 million or we're in for a lot of pain.

Then again my predictions have been wrong 87% of the time

Well fuck.... the formatting looked good enough while making the post.... pretty much 8th was a 6 mil day but positive price action 14th 15th and Today around 6 mil each day and getting the shit beat out of us
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 4:00:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Leisure_Shoot] [#13]
Originally Posted By snakes19:
if they are taping the ATM which with the volume over the last few days it seems possible or even likely they are, we are no where near the bottom
View Quote
since when has MVIS ever "played by the common sense rules" of stock prices? One could just as correcly predict the opposite happening; that a bunch of shares get dumped in the market and that would be the trigger causing insane buying volume and the corresponding price jump.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 4:05:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: oldno7] [#14]
Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:
since when has MVIS ever "played by the common sense rules" of stock prices?
You could predict the opposite happening; that a bunch of shares get dumped in the market and that would be the trigger causing insane buying.
View Quote

About 90%+ of the time. Certainly follows common sense/logic!

Now if you change common sense to emotion/hopium, yea, I'd agree, it fails to follow those.

I had 2 very good Buy signals last week between $2.10-2.20,

Both of those failed and I lost a couple grand.

I knew then MVIS was in serious trouble.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 4:33:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Going on the ATM theory..... if the 8th was also ATM activity then that would be 4 day with averages of close to 5.5 mil volume ..... subtract 2 mil for normal  trading each day would leave around 14 million shares put into the wild by mvis. That would be around $30 million at market prices

There's no way they'd be tapping the entire 150.... maybe an OEM wants 50 mil on hand in which case this trend will continue for 2 or 3 days
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 5:02:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: goodasgone81] [#16]
Please note all my ramblings are just that, last few posts has just been shit I've been thinking about but have little faith it's accurate.... that said I came across this information in yahoo finance app

Shares Outstanding 195.27M
Implied Shares Outstanding 211.07M

I highly doubt yahoo has up to the minute information but it's amusing that I estimated possibly 14 mil new shares going out into the wild and the difference between outstanding and implied outstanding is like 16 mil

My quick crash course is implied is all shares class A, class B,.etc.  I wish I'd been checking that number in the past to see if it's a recent change
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 5:39:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StockDog] [#17]

Whether we get there or not, who knows But I'm looking for a point to get in with a yugely amount of shares and not look to counter trend trade.(MVIS)
View All Quotes

Are you saying that you will hold for longer?
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 5:58:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: oldno7] [#18]
Originally Posted By StockDog:

Are you saying that you will hold fur longer?
View Quote

I will not make a BIG trade until the proper time. For now, any Buys are Counter Trend trades.(still)

RSI has crossed below the default of 30 But not the 25 I use.(Daily)

Like I said, I think the final push down will be much higher volume than previous 3 Days.

I've mentioned it several times But I'm looking for a Capitulation.

MVIS is against the ropes and getting pummeled, can they be saved by the bell or driven down hard? I don't know.(But theres blood in the water and the sharks have noticed)

Hard to find buyers for a company with no earnings, bleeding cash and now looking for money.

I had 3 Buys today and passed on them all.

I'll be watching the overnight sessions, a big drop could happen outside of daily trading hours.

Might be a good time to have some GTC-EXT orders in.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:21:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Well my $1.80 buy hit. Was not expecting that.
Maybe need to set another buy at $1.60?
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:45:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By blupupher:
Well my $1.80 buy hit. Was not expecting that.
Maybe need to set another buy at $1.60?
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:12:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By ChicagoFoodie:

Yes.
View Quote

Fine.
If it hits, I will be up to 4,000 shares total.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:36:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FMJshooter] [#22]
I know this is nothing new for the MVIS longs but If they're raising capital at a 52 week low they either have a deal and need capital to invest like right now or they have bupkis and they're milking the share price before it goes in the toilet. Latter makes way more sense than the former.

I hope I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:27:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By FMJshooter:
I know this is nothing new for the MVIS longs but If they're raising capital at a 52 week low they either have a deal and need capital to invest like right now or they have bupkis and they're milking the share price before it goes in the toilet. Latter makes way more sense than the former.

I hope I'm wrong.
View Quote

OR.. they like many other companies and people in general see the direction the economy is going and are trying to build a safety net for when it all comes crashing down. (DOOM OFF)
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:06:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FMJshooter] [#24]
Either way I'm still getting a Lambo.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:34:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By FMJshooter:
Either way I'm still getting a Lambo.

https://barnfinds.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/081517-1995-Replica-1.jpg
View Quote
Dang.. not in a good way
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:41:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#26]
Another 150 at $1.73 in the 401k
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:46:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jon_C_] [#27]
Is this a bloodbath?

...and my average is finally under $3.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:57:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:16:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Seems like all but confirmed they're tapping into the ATM and at an aggressive rate.... question is why so aggressive
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:27:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By goodasgone81:
Seems like all but confirmed they're tapping into the ATM and at an aggressive rate.... question is why so aggressive
View Quote

Confirmed by whom? Reddit?

I wouldn't be surprised if they are, but where are you seeing "confirmation"?
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:30:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#31]
1.1mm shares in an hour
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:33:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By goodasgone81:

this is the 4th day of unusually high volume, last 3 days were almost 3x normal volume. Usually with high volume you see a price increase, it seems likely that shares are being sold into market.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:36:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Hence "seems like all but" meaning not confirmed directly but personally the only thing making sense...... post earnings and even ATM announcement things were stable/slightly positive even.

Take away the consistent 3x volume and I could possibly believe just inflation data has caused the massive drops, but factoring in the daily 3x spike that's been going on and I'm not buying this is just markets doing what markets do.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:43:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Almost 25% of the outstanding shorted.  Could it be a short maneuver, preliminary to release of news?
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:44:33 AM EDT
[#35]

this is the 4th day of unusually high volume, last 3 days were almost 3x normal volume. Usually with high volume you see a price increase, it seems likely that shares are being sold into market.
View Quote

I never knew that.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:48:56 AM EDT
[#36]

I never knew that.
View All Quotes

I never knew that.

its not a guarantee by any stretch but if there is no bad news and institutions are sitting on a large piles of shares which they are with MVIS then a large volume usually means people are trying to buy, when there is a fixed number of shares that means the price would go up. If the company however is selling shares into the market obviously the number of shares is not fixed in that case.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:49:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Could be they're just going in the shitter. On that note, I have a couple bucks left to gamble and put in another order for 500 @ 1.71.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:52:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#38]
Apply some logic;

If they have enough cash for operations through this year, then they wouldn't need to execute the ATM for that reason.  So, if they are doing that, it is for a different reason.  What is the most likely possible reason?  Next most likely?  Some entity wants to manipulate the share price down?  They need an urgent cash buffer per terms of a pending deal?  What?
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:54:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: oldno7] [#39]

its not a guarantee by any stretch but if there is no bad news and institutions are sitting on a large piles of shares which they are with MVIS then a large volume usually means people are trying to buy, when there is a fixed number of shares that means the price would go up. If the company however is selling shares into the market obviously the number of shares is not fixed in that case.
View Quote

So, heres a Daily MVIS chart, by your conclusion, price should rise on these high volume days?(the ones in RED)

That last high volume day on the right of the chart was 6.8m.

Heres another stock with very high volume on a Daily chart.

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:55:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CajunMojo] [#40]
I agree it seems that way, but who knows.

If it is them selling the ATM into the market, it's surprising that shorts haven't piled in to further drive it down. I find it interesting that we haven't dropped enough to trigger SSR with the high volume of selling. Are MMs working to limit lending of shares while filling ATM? (shows limited availability of shares, but BM-ARM-DPMS-guns has 200k available to lend and they aren't being lent).

@BM-ARM-DPMS-guns Are they still not being lent?

Usually with high volume you see a price increase
View Quote

thatsnothowthatworks.gif
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 11:05:23 AM EDT
[#41]
I agree it seems that way, but who knows.

If it is them selling the ATM into the market, it's surprising that shorts haven't piled in to further drive it down. I find it interesting that we haven't dropped enough to trigger SSR with the high volume of selling. Are MMs working to limit lending of shares while filling ATM? (shows limited availability of shares, but BM-ARM-DPMS-guns has 200k available to lend and they aren't being lent).

@BM-ARM-DPMS-guns Are they still not being lent?

thatsnothowthatworks.gif
View Quote

None of my shares are lent out and the 500 @ 1.71 hit.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 11:29:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
Apply some logic;

If they have enough cash for operations through this year, then they wouldn't need to execute the ATM for that reason.  So, if they are doing that, it is for a different reason.  What is the most likely possible reason?  Next most likely?  Some entity wants to manipulate the share price down?  They need an urgent cash buffer per terms of a pending deal?  What?
View Quote

Counter point - have we seen them be smart stewards of the share price in the last 24m?
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 11:32:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: oldno7] [#43]
Interesting.

Battle of the $1.72's

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 11:33:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:12:53 PM EDT
[#45]
UAN news:

CVR Energy (NYSE:CVI) disclosed Monday it is considering potential strategic transactions with Icahn Enterprises (IEP) involving CVR Partners (NYSE:UAN), which may include the acquisition of additional assets or businesses, including material amounts of refining assets through negotiated mergers and/or stock or asset purchase agreements.

CVR (CVI) said strategic options involving CVR Partners (UAN) may include the acquisition of some or all outstanding publicly held common units of CVR Partners by entities affiliated with IEP (IEP), the company or some combination.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:13:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

Counter point - have we seen them be smart stewards of the share price in the last 24m?
View All Quotes
Apply some logic;

On balance I would say yes.  Your thought?
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:24:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#47]

View All Quotes
Apply some logic;

The silence may be strategic but definitely doesn’t help the share price, even artificially, propping up the share price. Not saying we lie or aggressively hint at untrue orders/contracts but corporate communications seems nonexistent

Isn’t the consensus around here that we blame management for killing the run-up last Fall(?)

Etc
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:34:33 PM EDT
[#48]

The silence may be strategic but definitely doesn’t help the share price, even artificially, propping up the share price. Not saying we lie or aggressively hint at untrue orders/contracts but corporate communications seems nonexistent

Isn’t the consensus around here that we blame management for killing the run-up last Fall(?)

Etc
View All Quotes
Apply some logic;

Etc

There are companies out there whose boards of directors are almost openly hostile to retail investors.  I wouldn't put MVIS in that category - as you referenced they have made mistakes though.   I believe at least to date they've engendered quite a bit of trust from the retail crowd and that goes a long way.  I'm sort of in the middle then I guess as far as answering your question.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:55:55 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes
Apply some logic;

Not using available ATM on the run to the 8's and instead announcing another ATM killed the momentum... change my mind.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:12:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperHeavy] [#50]
This past week MVIS has made me want to light my phone on fire.

Every day I go through the motion of should I uninstall the market apps or should I open my account.

I could have bought some shitcoin and been up 10,000%

Please atleast stay above $2 It seems like every promo video MVIS puts out causes a death spiral
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 1694
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top