Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/12/2004 4:47:14 AM EDT
With the health thing going on, I look forward to my weekly treat of TCBY frozen yogurt on Saturdays with Tweet.

Ordinarily, it's a pleasant experience, but this weekend brought quite a distaste to my mouth -- not that the yogurt was bad mind you.

In walks this group of grubby looking, unwashed kids from Earlham College (an EXTREMELY liberal arts college in Richmond IN) and one of these girls was proudly sporting a t-shirt that celebrated the 30th Anniversary of the Tet Offensive. I was disgusted, so I said, "Do you even know what the Tet Offensive was?"

She replied in a typical snot-nosed college kid fashion, "Sure, that's where we got our butts kicked for getting involved in another country's civil war."

Rather than to engage further political dialogue with someone who clearly didn't know her twat from a tackle box, I chose to simply go the human interest route and asked, "Did you ever stop to think about how your shirt might make the widow or children of a Vietnam Vet feel?"

Her reply, "I hope it reminds them of the war crimes their dad or husband committed agains the Vietnamese people."

I was so dumbfounded that I just told Tweet, let's go. If I would have stayed, I would have been arrested for dumping my cherished white chocolate and M&Ms on her.
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 4:51:33 AM EDT
[#1]
You should have asked that little kommie  trustafarian bitch why she wont just do us a favor and move to China? Better yet, get her an application from Cat to test Dozer operater visual awareness.

[img]www.hunt101.com/img/103655.gif[/img]

BTW, good job controlling your temper when you should have been constitutionally protected to do otherwise! [;)]
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 4:53:39 AM EDT
[#2]
......who clearly didn't know her twat from a tackle box
View Quote

Can I have permission to use that line?
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 4:55:38 AM EDT
[#3]
The right to do things like this is guaranteed.  Thus, your only recourse is a verbal attack designed to make her cry.  You're at TCBY after all.  Ask if they've got the new hippie flavor, "Bury Jerry".  If political humor doesn't work, attack her body image.  That'll stick with her forever.

Link Posted: 4/12/2004 4:56:52 AM EDT
[#4]
BenDover,
You are a much better man than me!

Stupid, clueless little bitch.....
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 4:57:53 AM EDT
[#5]
She has a right to express her views as she pleases. I took it upon myself to find out if she actually understood anything about the event, and what I got in return was a bunch of parrot talk repeated from what she's heard in class from her anti-war professors still beating the drum.

You can't argue with someone who doesn't have an original thought to argue.
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 4:59:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm guessing it would have been [s]wrong[/s] illegal to have just urinated on her right where she was standing.

Link Posted: 4/12/2004 5:01:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Those types so enrage me.  You can't even have a rational conversation with them because they are so irrational.  You just want to bitch slap them and leave
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 5:04:15 AM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

[ROFL2]  WORD!!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 5:06:30 AM EDT
[#9]
"Life is like a box of choclates,you never kn ow what your going to get."
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 5:10:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Should've told her she should apply for the next human shield opening.

Her father's probably french.
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 5:10:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 5:12:23 AM EDT
[#12]
You should try to get her fired for wearing that shirt.

Fucking worthless bitch!
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 5:12:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 5:12:54 AM EDT
[#14]
DKP - "Can I smell your shoes?"

Hippie - "No, why would I let you do that"

DKP - "That's ok. That smell is probably coming from your c*nt anyway.."
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 5:15:02 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm sure she'll end up being some drug dealers welfare check baby factory.
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 5:21:21 AM EDT
[#16]
I wonder though, if attacking the kid is the right or wrong thing to do. There has to be something that can be done to force these communist college professors to at least teach the opposing view and let the kid decide for themselves. I thought that the Socratic method of teaching involved debate anyway.

These college professors are clearly the root of the problem, as this girl was so impressionable and brainless. If the college professor would have been George Patton, she would have been wearing an ROTC t-shirt.

EDITED TO ADD: I'm glad that I went to a state school that derived nearly 50% of its operating budget from CRADAs with Wright Patterson AFB.
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 5:26:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Good luck making THAT happen.

Extremely rich liberal families keep those country clubs fully stocked with teachers like this. Most of those teachers are probably draft dodgers hidden away by their rich parents.
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 5:29:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
DKP - "Can I smell your shoes?"

Hippie - "No, why would I let you do that"

DKP - "That's ok. That smell is probably coming from your c*nt anyway.."
View Quote

Holy Shit! Wiping off my monitor.....

BD, at least you saiod something. SterAug woulda shot her, I think, [kill] the way HE picks on gangbangers [;)]
Hey, WWSAD? What Would SteyrASug Do?

For my BA I had to do a research paper, 25+ pages on how the press in this country sold the Tet victory as a loss. We killed more of those communistic SOBs than anyone was prepared for, and if we had followed that up with aggressive action we could have made North Vietnam surrender. But deja vu, the nancy's wouldn't let us, and we were sold out on the negotiating table.
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 5:36:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Fucking worthless bitch!
View Quote

[red]Doesn't anyone read the whole topic anymore?
SHE DID NOT WORK THERE![/red]

Quoted:
[red]In walks this group of grubby looking, unwashed kids[/red] from Earlham College (an EXTREMELY liberal arts college in Richmond IN) and [red]one of these girls was proudly sporting a t-shirt that celebrated the 30th Anniversary of the Tet Offensive.[/red]
View Quote

Sorry for the high jack BD but that bothers the shit out of me!
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 6:43:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

She replied in a typical snot-nosed college kid fashion, "Sure, that's where we got our butts kicked for getting involved in another country's civil war."

Her reply, "I hope it reminds them of the war crimes their dad or husband committed agains the Vietnamese people.".
View Quote

The south Vietnamese ASKED us for help.

Using her logic, we should have stayed out of Europe and let Hitler do his thing.
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 6:49:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

You just wanna use it for Jim Scoutten's contest.
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 6:51:56 AM EDT
[#22]
sad, but she'll grow out of it once that rhetoric isn't "cool" anymore (like when she graduates).
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 6:53:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Ditto! I almost fell out of my chair laughing at that!

BTW, congratulations on not punching that bitch's lights out! I don't think I would have been so restrained! [pissed]
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 6:53:38 AM EDT
[#24]
You should have asked her if she thought it would be appropriate to walk around Ho Chi Mihn City wearing a shirt celebrating the My Lai Massacre.
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 6:55:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm guessing it would have been [s]wrong[/s] illegal to have just urinated on her right where she was standing.

View Quote

She's probably into that sort of thing, anyhow.
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 7:06:19 AM EDT
[#26]
I work for a univeritsity and I occasionally see kids with Che Guevara t-shirts. It does make my gander up, but as a former Liberal myself I realize that they may wise up someday. I would say that many of today's Conservatives were yesterday's Liberals.

Link Posted: 4/12/2004 7:12:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
With the health thing going on, I look forward to my weekly treat of TCBY frozen yogurt on Saturdays with Tweet.

Ordinarily, it's a pleasant experience, but this weekend brought quite a distaste to my mouth -- not that the yogurt was bad mind you.

In walks this group of grubby looking, unwashed kids from Earlham College (an EXTREMELY liberal arts college in Richmond IN) and one of these girls was proudly sporting a t-shirt that celebrated the 30th Anniversary of the Tet Offensive. I was disgusted, so I said, "Do you even know what the Tet Offensive was?"

Rather than to engage further political dialogue with someone who clearly didn't know her twat from a tackle box, I chose to simply go the human interest route and asked, "Did you ever stop to think about how your shirt might make the widow or children of a Vietnam Vet feel?"

Her reply, "I hope it reminds them of the war crimes their dad or husband committed agains the Vietnamese people."

I was so dumbfounded that I just told Tweet, let's go. If I would have stayed, I would have been arrested for dumping my cherished white chocolate and M&Ms on her.
View Quote
[V]

THERE ARE TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY:

Okay, like with this Iraq thing going on and how George Bush is like killing millions of Iraqis every day, I just had to take a break from making signs for our next A.N.S.W.E.R. protest march and get out of the dorm and go get some TCBY frozen yogurt.

Ordinarily, it's a pleasant experience, even though it's run by greedy corporate/industrial capitalist pigs who are exploiting minimum-wage workers and polluting the environment - but this weekend brought quite a distaste to my mouth -- not that the yogurt was bad mind you.

I walk in with my fellow travelers from Earlham College (an EXTREMELY progressive college in Richmond IN) and I happen to be wearing my T-shirt commemorating the 1968 Viet Cong freedom-fighters when all of a sudden this big fat WHITE male pig belches out, "Do you even know what the Tet Offensive was?"

I could tell immediately he was a Republican activist by the dopey look on his face, and so, knowing that trying to educate him about how we massacred millions of Vietnamese, raped their women, cut off ears, poisoned, shot up and burned their villages would be like trying to teach Dumbya how to pronounce "strategy" I simply said "Sure, that's where we got our butts kicked for getting involved in another country's civil war."

Then he tries to change the subject with the LAMEST reply - "Did you ever stop to think about how your shirt might make the widow or children of a Vietnam Vet feel?"

PUH-leese! I immediately came back with, "I hope it reminds them of the war crimes their dad or husband committed agains the Vietnamese people."

He was so dumbfounded that he turned to his Mother and said "let's go". BWAAA-HAAA-HAAA! I really told him off - he was such a doofus he just walked out of there TOTALLY owned!

Sad thing was, he'll probably never know how bad he got spanked for trying all that "pro-America, pro-military" bullshit on someone as intelligent, informed and progressive as me.

Good thing I wasn't wearing my Che Guevara or my Mai Lai T-shirt. He probably would have had a stroke right there in the store.

Link Posted: 4/12/2004 7:14:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Tell hippie girl,

"Well my Dad wasn't in Vietnam.  He was in the National Guard though.  Obviously he missed your Dad and Mom at Kent State."  [:D]

F.A.S. Out
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 7:15:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Well, you can get revenge when mommy and daddy cut off her funds after her master's degree in history and she has to go out and get a job. Just remember her face if you ever get to interview her........

I distinctly remember from college (even my conservative Miss. State) that the places are rotten with these types. However, they are generally incapable of functioning outside the hallowed halls.

Link Posted: 4/12/2004 7:16:33 AM EDT
[#30]
[:D] The_Mac-- You're incorrigable. [:D]
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 7:16:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Very few of these people even know the VietNam was a French colony.  The only reason we were there was because once again the French couldn't fight a fucking war!

My dad was in VN, Ed Sr was in VN, DaBunny and many others were in VN...none of them are what she says they are.

And yes teachers are part of the problem.  But the real problem is kids growing without their parents teaching this stuff, or rather OT teaching this stuff.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 7:19:13 AM EDT
[#32]
[i]The mission of Earlham College, an independent, residential college, is to provide the highest quality undergraduate education in the liberal arts, including the sciences, shaped by the distinctive perspectives of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers). A basic faith of Friends is that all truth is God's truth; thus Earlham emphasizes: pursuit of truth, wherever that pursuit leads; lack of coercion, letting the evidence lead that search; respect for the consciences of others; openness to new truth and therefore the willingness to search; veracity, rigorous integrity in dealing with the facts; application of what is known to improving our world.

To provide education of the highest quality with these emphases, Earlham's mission requires selection of an outstanding and caring faculty committed to creating an open, cooperative, learning environment. The College provides for the continuous support and development of this faculty.

The teaching-learning process at Earlham is shaped by a view of education as a process of awakening the "teacher within," so that our students will become lifelong learners. Students at Earlham are encouraged to be active, involved learners. The College provides extensive opportunities for students and faculty to interact with each other as persons, to learn from each other in a cooperative community, an important aspect of which is collaborative student/faculty research.

At Earlham College this education is carried on with a concern for the world in which we live and for improving human society. The College strives to educate morally sensitive leaders for future generations. Therefore Earlham stresses global education, peaceful resolution of conflict, equality of persons, and high moral standards of personal conduct.
 [/i]

[url]http://www.earlham.edu/[/url]
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 7:24:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Ben,

I'm sitting here wondering how I'd have handled that...and I just can't figure it out yet.  I can't believe how stupid and impolite some people can be...and when it happens, I'm usually stunned for a time.  She was SO out of line!  I'd guess I'd have been totally speechless for a sec...then I'd have likely blown a fucking gasket on her stupid little ass!

In the '60s, when I first returned to The World, I went to a college dance with some of my former running mates from HS.  Big mistake.  My short hair, polite attitude and sober demeanor just didn't cut it and I quickly realized that I no longer fit in...especially when some of the little doper-hippies took the attitude that this little ignoramus took.  Nobody likes to be labeled as a social pariah and baby killer.

Youth is totally wasted on the young!

What a fucking moron!

All in all though...well handled.
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 7:29:10 AM EDT
[#34]
The_Macallan: Hilarious. Although you could have also started it with something like:

"I got bored of trolling internet forums. Too easy. Thought I'd do it in person. So, to really try to piss someone off..."

Link Posted: 4/12/2004 7:33:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Fucking worthless bitch!
View Quote

She wasn't working there, just visiting.

To think, when we finally have a real reason to spit on people, it's now considered assalt.
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 7:34:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ought to tell that girl that she should get down on her knees and say thanks to the lord every day.  That she can live in a free country and wear any kind of jackass shirt she wants because of all the men and women that have served this country including those that fought and died in Vietnam. Protecting her freedom to be a no nothin asshat.

Myself I would have taken the low road and would have told her that she was just a life support unit for a pussy, and if there wasn't one between her legs there would be a bounty on her head.  

Link Posted: 4/12/2004 7:34:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Those types so enrage me.  You can't even have a rational conversation with them because they are so irrational.  You just want to bitch slap them and leave
View Quote

That about sums it up.  No matter what you say, or how you say it, you'll only dig yourself into a deeper hole.  How does the saying go?  When you argue with a fool, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with it.
Oh, and I love the line... twat from a tackle box... I have to remember that one.
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 8:01:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I work for a univeritsity and I occasionally see kids with Che Guevara t-shirts. It does make my gander up, but as a former Liberal myself I realize that they may wise up someday. I would say that many of today's Conservatives were yesterday's Liberals.

View Quote

Can somebody say "amen"? Say "amen", somebody! I too used to be one of those deluded fools. Life outside the ivory tower is one perpetual dope-slap to the left-wing academic. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 8:13:19 AM EDT
[#39]
[b]
Quoted:
Very few of these people even know the VietNam was a French colony.  The only reason we were there was because once again the French couldn't fight a fucking war!

My dad was in VN, Ed Sr was in VN, DaBunny and many others were in VN...none of them are what she says they are.

And yes teachers are part of the problem.  But [red]the real problem is kids growing without their parents teaching this stuff[/red], or rather OT teaching this stuff.

Sgtar15
View Quote
[/b]

Bingo.  I blame the parents for this kid's uneducated point of view in this issue.
 I mean, some groundworks should have been introduced to your children when they were still at home, so they won't be persuaded by other people's POV.
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 8:16:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I work for a univeritsity and I occasionally see kids with Che Guevara t-shirts.
View Quote

You can blame that on Rage Against the Machine, AKA the horrible mainstream liberal wanna be revolutionary band.  They put Che's face on all their merchandise.  Its funny though since I always asked kids wearing the shirts if they knew who Che Guerve was and the didn't have a clue.  Dumbasses [%|]
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 8:38:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I work for a univeritsity and I occasionally see kids with Che Guevara t-shirts.
View Quote

You can blame that on Rage Against the Machine, AKA the horrible mainstream liberal wanna be revolutionary band.  They put Che's face on all their merchandise.  Its funny though since I always asked kids wearing the shirts if they knew who Che Guerve was and the didn't have a clue.  Dumbasses [%|]
View Quote

There's one band I'll never understand......
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 8:38:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
[b]
Quoted:

And yes teachers are part of the problem.  But [red]the real problem is kids growing without their parents teaching this stuff[/red], or rather OT teaching this stuff.

Sgtar15
View Quote
[/b]

Bingo.  I blame the parents for this kid's uneducated point of view in this issue.
 I mean, some groundworks should have been introduced to your children when they were still at home, so they won't be persuaded by other people's POV.
View Quote
Remember the thread the other day about how some parents don't want to introduce an unnecessary bias to their children, so they can grow up and make their own decisions?
Some parents, for the sake of being unbiased, give their kids NO information about anything.  I see this a lot with leftists more than I do righties, that everything comes down to a matter of opinion, and that you should respect people's opinions by not challenging them with facts.
It is no coincidence that most lefties are in favor of gun control.
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 9:05:02 AM EDT
[#43]
From what I understand a lot of the land that our guys "protected" in the northern part of South Vietnam was the rubber tree plantations of Michelin.

Quoted:

And yes teachers are part of the problem.  But the real problem is kids growing without their parents teaching this stuff, or rather OT teaching this stuff.

Sgtar15
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 9:10:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Riiiight.... and here I thought it was to protect the poppy fields and the heroin supply coming into the US in the GI's bodybags.

[whacko]
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 9:14:44 AM EDT
[#45]
You fucking moron, how about you do a google search on Michelin, Vietnam and rubber plantation.

Better still, how about you quit being such a fucking piece of shit.

Quoted:
Riiiight.... and here I thought it was to protect the poppy fields and the heroin supply coming into the US in the GI's bodybags.
[whacko]
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 9:14:48 AM EDT
[#46]
There was really was no point in wasting any more words on her after her last comment.  She’s just young and stupid and hopefully someday she’ll have a better understanding of history and the Vietnam War.

The only thing I would have said to her was while you may not believe it the soldiers that died in Vietnam were there for a noble purpose.  Like the soldiers in past wars they were there to preserve your right to wear that tee shirt and live your life in a free society.  You really need to get a better understanding of our history and a respect for those that have died to preserve the freedom that you enjoy today.
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 9:35:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

There's one band I'll never understand......
View Quote

I do. They are what the Brits refer to as "Champagne Socialists"...... [rolleyes]

You and I would call them hypocrites.
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 9:37:20 AM EDT
[#48]

What? Don't you have a "Kill 'em all, Let God sort 'em out" T shirt to wear to places like that?

Every T shirt I own has some type of politically incorrect statement on it. [BD]
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 9:50:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I work for a [red]univeritsity[/red]
View Quote

Ah, that explains a lot.
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 10:01:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top