BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5588
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:20:12 PM EDT
[#1]

View Quote

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:31:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:34:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Easterner:

We will discuss it tonight. These may be available soon.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20240324_202427_2_jpg-3168120.JPG

We will definitely do one for our lizard helpers.
View Quote

I'm down for one
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:42:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#4]
Interesting tidbit on the ISW report tonight, so this was a possible combined Storm Shadow and USV attack.

and accurate.  Ukrainian forces struck the BSF ship repair plant in Sevastopol where the Yamal Ropucha-class landing ship was moored on March 23, making a hole in the Yamal’s upper deck and forcing BSF personnel to continuously pump water out of the ship.

Ukrainian Navy Spokesperson Captain Third Rank Dmytro Pletenchuk stated that the March 23 Ukrainian strike on the BSF communications center caused substantial damage, which Pletenchuk assessed may significantly hinder the functioning of the BSF because the communications center supported the general activities of the fleet and may have also been responsible for the fleet’s provisions, ongoing repairs, and other important functions
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:50:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Interesting tidbit on the ISW report tonight, so this was a possible combined Storm Shadow and USV attack.

View Quote

Ooo, somebody has a “called it” coming, but I’m not looking it up.

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:53:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:55:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:00:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Prime:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

CALLED IT!!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:01:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:09:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#10]

An episode of the work of the M2 Bradley crew of the 47th OMBr "Magura" in the Avdiiv region (Donetsk region)

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:09:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#11]

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:24:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:34:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:05:15 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

Simonyan and Solovyov have both spent time in the US and are proficient speakers (though with accents). Another one of the major TV hosts is, too, I can't recall the name, I think he frequently co-hosts with Skabeeva. I saw him speaking to a London radio host once.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:12:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Here's the official story on the Crocus attack from Solovyov & Co:
Head of RT Margarita Simonyan blames the US and Ukraine for the Crocus City Hall attack

Sure looks like confirmation of FSB false flag to me.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:47:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SnoGoRider] [#16]
According to U.S. and Ukrainian Defense Officials, the Ballistic Missile Attack earlier today by the Russian Armed Forces against the Cities of Kyiv and Odesa utilizing Hypersonic and Short-Range Ballistic Missiles was attempting to Target several Facilities used by the Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) and High-Ranking Members of the Ukrainian Government, with these kind of Attacks expected to Increase over the next few Days and Weeks.

The Russian Ministry of Energy is reportedly in planning with the National Guard of Russia (Rosgvardiya) regarding the Deployment of Pantsir-S1/S2 Surface-to-Air Missile Batteries and Anti-Drone Systems to Infrastructure Buildings across Western Russia, with the Buildings expected to include Oil Refineries, Transfer Sites, Depots, Ports, as well as several Power Plants which have all become Targets for Ukrainian Long-Range Attack Drones in recent Weeks.

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:26:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

I'm down for one
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Originally Posted By Easterner:

We will discuss it tonight. These may be available soon.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20240324_202427_2_jpg-3168120.JPG

We will definitely do one for our lizard helpers.

I'm down for one

I want one.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:58:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Look here, guys!
The laptop has been delivered and the UAV operator will work on it! Thank you very much!
But soon there will be new training camps and new trips. We will be going to the border of Kharkiv. There is information that orcs are planning to attack from there. We want to bring a large FENIX flashlight, camouflage netting, a laptop, and explosive devices. So we will be glad to receive donations.

Attachment Attached File

Pay pal: [email protected]
crypto wallet we have
also join our social networks:
instagram: Cf_garnizon
Facebook: Cf.garnizon
X: C_fgarnizon
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:15:19 AM EDT
[#19]

From the comments below the main tweet:
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:23:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:40:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#22]

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:48:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By PMB1086:

From the comments below the main tweet:
View Quote

Nice, good find.
That was one of the captured Ukrainian vessels.

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:38:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xGM300m] [#24]

This is very interesting.

if true.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:52:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#25]
"Polish farmers allowed the missile to enter Poland because it didn't contain any grain."

Sorry, but this is one of the most popular jokes in Ukraine today.

https://twitter.com/gerashchenko_en/status/1771979144013754464
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:59:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#26]
Sébastien Lecornu: “We will be able, in 2024, to achieve the objective of 100,000 155mm shells, including 80,000 for Ukraine”

Sébastien Lecornu announces that the financing of the 78 Caesar for Ukraine this year has been completed.
France + Denmark + Ukraine.
Delivery will begin very soon.

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:05:52 AM EDT
[#27]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJih0DxWsAAZ5WJ?format=jpg&name=large

View Quote

The last bit about Russia helping hamas and even participating is interesting. I have assumed this from the beginning although not the actual participation. UNWRA participation in the attack was also mildly surprising.

Hopefully Israel KNOWS who and what happened and will take steps...
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:09:59 AM EDT
[#28]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJecHPaWIAAxeBH?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Hopefully the Russian stooges have the right guys. Although I doubt it matters much to them.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:34:20 AM EDT
[#29]

2 kg flew straight into the basement and detonated. It is impossible to survive after this.

📹 The Strike Drones Company of the 47th Separate Mechanized Brigade "Magura"
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:35:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#30]

on Ivan Khurs, as a result of which the ship was damaged.

Location of the ship - (44.6132900, 33.5290100).
View Quote

conduct electronic reconnaissance and electronic warfare.

Characteristics:
Displacement: 4000 tons;
Length - 96m, width - 16m, draft - 4m;
Crew: 131.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:40:30 AM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:42:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#32]
Off topic, but big news nonetheless.  Video in tweet.

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:51:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#33]

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:54:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Off topic, but big news nonetheless.  Video in tweet.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJllkiCXgAA1D7C?format=png&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJl-3ppWQAA7C-a?format=jpg&name=large

View Quote

Local to me. Traffic is gonna be fucked for a looooong time.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:02:21 AM EDT
[#35]
The butterfly tried to warn them twice.

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:15:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#36]
A drone HIMARS that is smaller for the future, and can launch the extended range 150km rounds.  For the US Marines.

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:17:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#37]

So basically they are going to ask Ukraine if it is okay to intercept Russian missiles getting too close to the border countries.  I am sure Ukraine will say "yes" and then the NATO countries will attempt to take out those errant missiles.

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:20:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:
It's not that modern buildings don't burn, it's about controlling how long it takes to get out of control.

Everything that goes into any building here in the west has to be chemically treated to inhibit flame spread once it's on fire. And the building is built to inhibit fire from moving from one part of the building to the other. And everything, material and workmanship is inspected to ensure it meets the separate Fire and Building Codes.

For example, here in Bama, and it may be different in your AO, all exit corridors are rated as one hour. Meaning a fire on the other side of the corridor wall will take one hour to burn through. This is to give the occupants time to exit the building safely. Everything about that wall must meet code even down to how the gyp. bd in stacked, and the type, placement, and quantity, of the screws.

Where everything short is when the building is in use. Holes get punched through the dry wall to run new cables and they don't use fire rated caulk to seal the hole because it's expensive. Or an occupant props open a door leaving a path for smoke and fire to move through.

All that being said, I hated putting EIFS on a fucking building simply because of fire spread concerns due to shitty workmanship.

This is just one example and, I agree a broad brush example at that, but you get my point.
View Quote

thats true. Some are even rated for longer, thats why when a smoke detector goes off, you'll see doors start closing. They're supposed to be held open by an electromagnet that disengages when system is tripped. Fire dampers close on the AC return above the ceiling. Penetrations in those walls are supposed to go through a chase nipple thats fire caulked and fire putty around the wires. Most folks didnt pay much attention to it till after 9/11.
One thing about that article that is either wrong or different. Our electrical doesn't switch to emergency lighting when the fire system is activated. It'll run till the breaker is tripped, the emergency lighting is provided by battery ballast in each light that is activated when constant power to the light is de-energized.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:24:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#39]
A visual reference of how these systems work.  Gives some idea of how fast a target can be hit that is 750 miles away.

Of course, there are other options.

Publicly derived Trident II missile profiles, not much time for Russian land based ICBM's to respond.

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:33:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:36:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#41]

400 drones going to Ukraine from this French manufacturer
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:38:03 AM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:40:33 AM EDT
[#43]

So basically they are going to ask Ukraine if it is okay to intercept Russian missiles getting too close to the border countries.  I am sure Ukraine will say "yes" and then the NATO countries will attempt to take out those errant missiles.
View Quote

Considering?

This is what I mean when I say that western 'leadership' is completely absent and they are being completely reactive, instead of laying out possible actions, counteractions, consequences. The time for 'considering' their response to air incursions was two years ago. They should have already considered this, established a policy, coordinated with partners as necessary, and communicated that policy so that all understand the rules. IMO, the policy should be that any missile approaching NATO air space gets shot down. If that means stuff falls on Ukraine, well too bad. Ukraine already has stuff falling so they're probably going to be okay with it. Again, that should have been coordinated already. This entire article reveals the lack of proactive and decisive leadership in NATO and the West.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:42:56 AM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

When you consider NATO "ally" Turkey shot down a Russian Su-24 some years ago and suffered no consequences it makes me frustrated that there is such sensitivity over shooting down Russian missiles that violate NATO territory.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:43:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Considering?

This is what I mean when I say that western 'leadership' is completely absent and they are being completely reactive, instead of laying out possible actions, counteractions, consequences. The time for 'considering' their response to air incursions was two years ago. They should have already considered this, established a policy, coordinated with partners as necessary, and communicated that policy so that all understand the rules. IMO, the policy should be that any missile approaching NATO air space gets shot down. If that means stuff falls on Ukraine, well too bad. Ukraine already has stuff falling so they're probably going to be okay with it. Again, that should have been coordinated already. This entire article reveals the lack of proactive and decisive leadership in NATO and the West.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Considering?

It is frustrating because everyone has to form a committee to discuss something, then make a decision to do something and all agree to the action to be taken.  Then the action happens.  In the meantime, people die and stuff gets destroyed.  I would rather make much quicker decisions.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:43:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#46]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

When you consider NATO "ally" Turkey shot down a Russian Su-24 some years ago and suffered no consequences it makes me frustrated that there is such sensitivity over shooting down Russian missiles that violate NATO territory.
View All Quotes

I agree, on many levels.

It's a no brainer, you can sponser U.S. F-35's and anything else to patrol this airspace and shoot down the cruise missiles and drones, live fire training.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:45:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:46:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:51:24 AM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:57:05 AM EDT
[#50]

I agree, on many levels.

It's a no brainer, you can sponser U.S. F-35's and anything else to patrol this airspace and shoot down the cruise missiles and drones, live fire training.
View All Quotes

I agree, on many levels.

That's the beauty of it as it gives us an ability to real-world test our systems and TTPs but nope "muh escalation!"

I still remember in 2015 being seriously concerned about escalation when Turkey shot down that Su-24 with seemingly no regard or care that they are in NATO and could've potentially put us in an article 5 situation at a time everyone was focused on the counter-ISIS fight. Friggin idiots.

Russian Fighter Jet Shot Down by Turkey

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5588
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top