Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5589
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:15:10 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:16:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:18:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#3]

NSFW unedited version.

https://x.com/NOELreports/status/1782009112500302300
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:33:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:38:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PMB1086:
View Quote

I'm not sure this is a good thing or a bad thing at this point.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:52:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#6]
NSFW, I think the motorcycle struck a mine.

A collection of strikes on Russian motorcycle assaults.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:49:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:35:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

One would hope it means the US are lending Ukraine something they want to keep a close watch over.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:52:15 AM EDT
[#10]
I think the USA should have at least 150,000 troops spread across Poland, Lithuania, Lativia and Estonia and Finland, none of them bunched together.

The very best air defenses in place and air support waiting in Europe.

V. Putin thinks we aren't up to the task. He should understand without any doubt, we will set him personally on fire should he continue this outrage.

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:24:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:25:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:27:26 AM EDT
[#13]

NSFW unedited version.

https://x.com/NOELreports/status/1782009112500302300
View Quote

I swear Tractor Supply has the same thing for sale. Like 18k or 22k with jump seats in the back.

Massimo Warrior is what its called.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:28:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lorazepam] [#14]

"We've seen the Ukrainians overperform. If you step back for a moment and think about the fact that for most of my life, most of America's defense forces were focused on Russia. Now and the last two years, with less than 3% of our defense budget, two years running, with the Ukrainians have eliminated 87% of the Russians pre existing ground forces, 63% of their tanks, 32% of their armored personnel carriers, without a single American soldier lost, because of the courage of the Ukrainians, and the equipment they've received from us, and from our European allies."
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:29:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By plinker2000:

I swear Tractor Supply has the same thing for sale. Like 18k or 22k with jump seats in the back.

Massimo Warrior is what its called.
View Quote

A small shop was selling them here. They had 7 or 8, and they all disappeared at once. I don't think they sold any.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:29:41 AM EDT
[#16]

Yeah, it has made it to Ukraine, I posted photos the Russians took of the leftovers from a strike on their positions.

It does work as advertised, but I don't know the number of weapons or launchers supplied so that may be why we don't hear much about it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:
Has the Ground Launched Small Diameter Bomb actually made it to UA?

If it has, does it work or is another Boeing disaster?

Yeah, it has made it to Ukraine, I posted photos the Russians took of the leftovers from a strike on their positions.

It does work as advertised, but I don't know the number of weapons or launchers supplied so that may be why we don't hear much about it.

Thanks AT! Life's been getting in the way and I've been missing stuff lately. I hope they sent, or will send, thousands of them. It's great to hear it's working as advertised too!
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:51:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

"We've seen the Ukrainians overperform. If you step back for a moment and think about the fact that for most of my life, most of America's defense forces were focused on Russia. Now and the last two years, with less than 3% of our defense budget, two years running, with the Ukrainians have eliminated 87% of the Russians pre existing ground forces, 63% of their tanks, 32% of their armored personnel carriers, without a single American soldier lost, because of the courage of the Ukrainians, and the equipment they've received from us, and from our European allies."
View Quote

and when you further consider :  they have done it effectively WITHOUT significant air or naval power -- using a mash-up of tremendously varied donated equipment -- all the more impressive.  

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:54:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:
and when you further consider :  they have done it effectively WITHOUT significant air or naval power -- using a mash-up of tremendously varied donated equipment -- all the more impressive.  

View All Quotes

Just think what they could do if we sent them the good stuff.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:58:15 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:24:26 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

My guess is we have several "unofficial" advisors there already.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:33:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Saltwater-Hillbilly] [#21]
Originally Posted By Prime:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLpXfg0X0AAFZut?format=jpg&name=900x900

In two months, Ukraine lost five Abrams tanks, three more received moderate damage, writes The New York Times

According to Oryx osinters, since the beginning of the war, Ukraine has lost 796 tanks, including 140 transferred by NATO countries. The Russians lost more than 2,900 tanks, according to Oryx.

https://t.me/uniannet/131687

View Quote

Yes.  There is no such thing as an invincible tank, and the Abrams will have it's point of obsolescence just like all tanks do.  That time has not quite arrived yet, and when it does, there will be new tanks with different designs to accommodate the new threats, just as the original M1 was a response to the emerging threats of the 1970's (ATGMs, Heat/Sabo ammo, Attack Helicopters, etc).  Statistically, the Abrams and Leopard (as well as the western IFVs) designs are doing much better in Ukraine than anything else.  Just like the only way to avoid crashing a stock car is to not race it, the only way to avoid getting a certain percentage of your tanks destroyed is to not send them into combat.  Now, the T72s/T90s (and most of the Soviet- and Russian designed stuff) on the other hand.....
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:43:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Moondog:

My guess is we have several "unofficial" advisors there already.
View Quote

Boots on the ground! Boots on the ground! Boots on the ground!
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:46:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

Yes.  There is no such thing as an invincible tank, and the Abrams will have it's point of obsolescence just like all tanks do.  That time has not quite arrived yet, and when it does, there will be new tanks with different designs to accommodate the new threats, just as the original M1 was a response to the emerging threats of the 1970's (ATGMs, Heat/Sabo ammo, Attack Helicopters, etc).  Statistically, the Abrams and Leopard (as well as the western IFVs) designs are doing much better in Ukraine than anything else.  Just like the only way to avoid crashing a stock car is to not race it, the only way to avoid getting a certain percentage of your tanks destroyed is to not send them into combat.  Now, the T72s/T90s (and most of the Soviet- and Russian designed stuff) on the other hand.....
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:55:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#24]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 2:07:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 2:26:56 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

I don't know if it's true or not but I read that the Russians were doing a typical quantity over quality thing, and when they built their fortification minefields, they were double and triple stacking tank mines on top of each other. That makes everything a lot less survivable.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 3:04:37 PM EDT
[#27]

Meanwhile in GD, there are posters who think the Su-34 has a successful combat record in Ukraine and that Su-57s outnumber F-35s
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 3:56:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 4:00:58 PM EDT
[#29]
These guys really love animals, and it's obvious they love them back.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 4:20:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
Compilation of FPV strikes on Chinese “Desertcross”

@AlmightyTallest

View Quote

Thanks, these always make me laugh.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 4:23:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

Meanwhile in GD, there are posters who think the Su-34 has a successful combat record in Ukraine and that Su-57s outnumber F-35s
View Quote

I ventured out of the boat last night and saw a few threads, not surprised.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 4:26:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#32]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 4:28:37 PM EDT
[#33]

Yes.  There is no such thing as an invincible tank, and the Abrams will have it's point of obsolescence just like all tanks do.

.... Now, the T72s/T90s (and most of the Soviet- and Russian designed stuff) on the other hand.....
View Quote

B-52 bomber enters the chat  ...
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 4:32:01 PM EDT
[#34]

needs to pick one of the identified targets and select it with a button on the remote control.

The neural network is on a Ukrainian-made microcomputer measuring 30x30. That is, it is compactly mounted in a drone.

In addition, the drone you see in the tests is assembled from Ukrainian parts: flight controller, engine regulator, video transmitter, camera, microcomputer, radio receiver (ELRS).

In the near future, we will have a lot of work to increase the combat potential of the Ukrainian Armed Forces. But for this we will continue to need your support.

In future - even more interesting developments!  
View Quote

Sim

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 4:34:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#35]

View All Quotes

Yes.  There is no such thing as an invincible tank, and the Abrams will have it's point of obsolescence just like all tanks do.

.... Now, the T72s/T90s (and most of the Soviet- and Russian designed stuff) on the other hand.....

lol, the M1 will just adapt.

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 5:00:53 PM EDT
[#36]

Turtle Mk.1

Interesting that it completely lacked ERA.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 5:14:01 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 5:19:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 5:41:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#39]
Russian bot account

Russia is actively modernizing strike weapons and increasing production. Strives to maximize hit accuracy.

According to available data, the enterprise for the production of UAVs of the "Shahed" type, which are actively used to carry out strikes throughout Ukraine, is carrying out a deep modernization of these attack kamikaze drones.
It has been established that the warhead of the "Shahed" type UAV has been increased to 90 kg. In addition, high-explosive fragmentation incendiary and thermobaric warheads are being developed
In particular, the production of 3 thousand thermobaric warheads, 5 thousand high-explosive fragmentation incendiary warheads, 30 test and 1 thousand high-explosive fragmentation incendiary warheads weighing 90 kg has now been agreed upon for the needs of the Alabuga enterprise.
Reference: as of 03/13/2024, 2 UAVs of the "Shahed" type with an installed 90-kg warhead and 8 UAVs with a thermobaric warhead were used to strike Ukrainian targets.
 Also, the use of GSM signal trackers with a SIM card of Kyivstar PJSC in the production of UAVs was revealed, which allows real-time data to be obtained on the location of the UAV, whether the UAV hit the target or was shot down. Allows you to determine “zones of suppression and substitution” of GPS signals, obtain photo data and change the flight mission, by transmitting information in encrypted form through the network/servers of the specified mobile operator in “Telegram”.
For reference: Alabuga employees are considering the issue of purchasing 10 thousand trackers and additional equipment for them by the end of 2024.
In addition, the option of equipping the "Shahed" UAV with communications equipment (Russian and Chinese production, including "Set-1 Sector", which is used in the "Supercam" UAV from a ground control station and using drones at the tactical level as a means of destroying weapons and military equipment) is being considered , o/s SOU.

Telegram source
https://t.me/russianocontext/2842

25 page pdf showing VCAN, Xingkai, and Shenzhen Safe Guard components.
https://t.me/russianocontext/2851

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 5:45:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#40]

OSINT intelligence confirms that the Kommuna ship in Sevastopol is damaged, reports the Crimean Wind monitoring group.

But it was not located in Sukharnaya Bay, but at berth No. 14, as shown in the photo.

The fire may have been caused by fragments after a rocket was shot down over the bay.

https://t.me/Crimeanwind/58086

In the temporarily occupied Crimea, the Ukrainian Armed Forces damaged one of the oldest Russian warships - the Navy

Today, April 21, the Russian rescue ship Kommuna was damaged in the port of temporarily occupied Sevastopol. This was confirmed by the spokesman of the Naval Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, Dmytro Pletenchuk

"Today, in Crimea, the Ukrainian Navy took another ship from the composition of the Russian Navy "Komuna". The nature of the damage is being verified. But the ship is clearly not capable of carrying out the task now," he wrote on Facebook.

A spokesman for the Navy emphasized that similar situations with Russian ships will be repeated until the Russians run out of ships or they withdraw from Crimea.

The ship "Commune" was at the pier in occupied Sevastopol.

It will be recalled that the Russian mass media and Telegram channels reported on the explosions in Sevastopol in the morning of April 21. Later, the occupiers announced a missile attack on the ship.

There were also reports of a fire on the ship.

Read also: Russia can replenish its fleet with ships from an Asian country - Bloomberg

According to data from Russian open sources, Kommuna is a naval auxiliary vessel of the Russian Navy, a rescuer of submarines. The oldest ship of the Russian Navy and the oldest ship in service in the world.

https://varta1.com.ua/news/u-timchasovo-okupovanomu-krimu-zsu-poshkodili-odin-z-naystarishih-rosiyskih-viyskovih-korabliv---vms_379794.html

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 6:00:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Well, well, well. The accuser becomes the accused yet again.

The Cheka-OGPU became aware of a whole series of cases where weapons appeared on the black market, directly from the warehouses of the Ministry of Defense. Moreover, this is often a weapon of great destructive power. Thus, arms sellers were detained who sold an AGS-17 “Plamya” automatic grenade launcher and 144 VOG-17M rounds to a “conditional buyer” (his role was played by an undercover policeman) in Ingushetia. Moreover, the product had a record bargain price - only 270 thousand rubles. They didn’t immediately arrest the “merchants of death”; they tried to track down their suppliers. It is worth noting that, according to the Cheka-OGPU, at this stage the operatives’ hands are strictly “tied.” As a result, three sellers were captured in Essentuki: 34-year-old Ruslan Kostoev, 51-year-old Khasan Tsechoev and 41-year-old Magomed Esmurziev.

And in Sevastopol, a pensioner discovered in the Afghans park, located near house 29 on Lenin Street, a cache of weapons (machine guns, cartridges, fuses), which, as it turned out (by the number of one machine gun) was on the balance sheet of the 3rd motorized rifle Vistula Red Banner division of the Western Military District of the Russian Armed Forces. According to a source from the Cheka-OGPU, the ownerless arsenal was discovered on March 17, but they tried to hide the incident with the discovery since the AK assault rifle was immediately correlated by number with the active army.

https://t.me/vchkogpu/47699

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 6:08:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Washington threatened sanctions to Beijing for supplying technology to Russia

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken will warn China that Washington is ready to impose sanctions against China if Beijing does not refuse to supply dual-use technologies to Russia, writes the Financial Times. Blinken will visit China from April 24 to 26.

As the source told the publication, the United States and its allies are becoming increasingly impatient with Beijing’s refusal to stop providing Moscow with everything from chips to cruise missile engines. Blinken is expected to raise the issue with Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi.

At the same time, the US Secretary of State does not plan to disclose what measures Washington will take. According to sources, the United States is considering the possibility of imposing sanctions against Chinese financial institutions. The US message will be the clearest warning Washington has ever conveyed personally to Chinese officials.

According to Deputy Secretary of State Kurt Campbell, China is undermining European security by supplying Russia with dual-use technologies while trying to develop close economic and political ties with Europe.

https://t.me/moscowtimes_ru/21636

Putin stopped leaving the Kremlin and residences after the elections

Russian President Vladimir Putin returned to the lifestyle he led before the start of the election campaign - he stopped leaving the Kremlin and his residences, the Agency noted, having analyzed the schedule of the head of state.

Over the past two weeks, Putin has not held a single visiting event, and from the start of the election campaign until April 20, the Kremlin reported 100 visiting events with the participation of the president. From February 17 to March 17, Putin attended 31 events outside the Kremlin and residences. In the last week before the elections, the president remained in the Kremlin or Novo-Ogaryovo.

According to the analysis, after the elections the number of trips decreased tenfold. In the period from March 17 to April 17, the Kremlin announced only 10 off-site events, one of which was a concert on the anniversary of the annexation of Crimea on Red Square.

Over the entire period, the president left the Moscow region only once - on March 27, he visited Torzhok. Over the past two weeks, Putin has been participating in meetings via video link. Presidential press secretary Dmitry Peskov stated that the head of state would not travel to flood-affected regions.

https://t.me/moscowtimes_ru/21639

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 6:19:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Avdiiivka
“???? ????? ???????? ? ?????? ?? ? ????? – ??????? ??? ??*????!”, – ??????? ??? 3 ???? ??? ?????????

Night fighting
???? ? ???????: ????????? ????? ?????? ?? ???????¨ ?????? ??? ???????¨ ?????????¨

??????. ?????. ?? ???????? ?????? ? «?????»?
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 6:31:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tuco22] [#44]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLtPtxPWcAA6ywG?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLtPtx8WYAAnyPv?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLtQGnqWEAEFc43?format=jpg&name=medium

OSINT intelligence confirms that the Kommuna ship in Sevastopol is damaged, reports the Crimean Wind monitoring group.

But it was not located in Sukharnaya Bay, but at berth No. 14, as shown in the photo.

The fire may have been caused by fragments after a rocket was shot down over the bay.

In the temporarily occupied Crimea, the Ukrainian Armed Forces damaged one of the oldest Russian warships - the Navy

Today, April 21, the Russian rescue ship Kommuna was damaged in the port of temporarily occupied Sevastopol. This was confirmed by the spokesman of the Naval Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, Dmytro Pletenchuk

"Today, in Crimea, the Ukrainian Navy took another ship from the composition of the Russian Navy "Komuna". The nature of the damage is being verified. But the ship is clearly not capable of carrying out the task now," he wrote on Facebook.

A spokesman for the Navy emphasized that similar situations with Russian ships will be repeated until the Russians run out of ships or they withdraw from Crimea.

It will be recalled that the Russian mass media and Telegram channels reported on the explosions in Sevastopol in the morning of April 21. Later, the occupiers announced a missile attack on the ship.

Read also: Russia can replenish its fleet with ships from an Asian country - Bloomberg

According to data from Russian open sources, Kommuna is a naval auxiliary vessel of the Russian Navy, a rescuer of submarines. The oldest ship of the Russian Navy and the oldest ship in service in the world.

https://varta1.com.ua/news/u-timchasovo-okupovanomu-krimu-zsu-poshkodili-odin-z-naystarishih-rosiyskih-viyskovih-korabliv---vms_379794.html

View Quote

Neat history with that ship. She's pretty damn old.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 6:37:37 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

Yeah, no. They have enough "folks" yelling "dont to that, cant attack that" from DC, dont need any more...
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 6:44:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By absael:
Just think what they could do if we sent them the good stuff.
View Quote

Or even enough of our old pre-1990 garbage that we will NEVER use. 500 old Abrams sent in 2022 or 2023 would have helped a LOT!! Instead we have a few extra 10K casualties and losing territory...
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 6:54:06 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

Amazing!
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 6:55:18 PM EDT
[#48]

Needs a cage!!! US style with a basketball hoop on the back!
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 6:59:10 PM EDT
[#49]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLtPtxPWcAA6ywG?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLtPtx8WYAAnyPv?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLtQGnqWEAEFc43?format=jpg&name=medium

View Quote

Isn't that ship over a 100 years old??!!
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Well, well, well. The accuser becomes the accused yet again.

The Cheka-OGPU became aware of a whole series of cases where weapons appeared on the black market, directly from the warehouses of the Ministry of Defense. Moreover, this is often a weapon of great destructive power. Thus, arms sellers were detained who sold an AGS-17 “Plamya” automatic grenade launcher and 144 VOG-17M rounds to a “conditional buyer” (his role was played by an undercover policeman) in Ingushetia. Moreover, the product had a record bargain price - only 270 thousand rubles. They didn’t immediately arrest the “merchants of death”; they tried to track down their suppliers. It is worth noting that, according to the Cheka-OGPU, at this stage the operatives’ hands are strictly “tied.” As a result, three sellers were captured in Essentuki: 34-year-old Ruslan Kostoev, 51-year-old Khasan Tsechoev and 41-year-old Magomed Esmurziev.

And in Sevastopol, a pensioner discovered in the Afghans park, located near house 29 on Lenin Street, a cache of weapons (machine guns, cartridges, fuses), which, as it turned out (by the number of one machine gun) was on the balance sheet of the 3rd motorized rifle Vistula Red Banner division of the Western Military District of the Russian Armed Forces. According to a source from the Cheka-OGPU, the ownerless arsenal was discovered on March 17, but they tried to hide the incident with the discovery since the AK assault rifle was immediately correlated by number with the active army.

https://t.me/vchkogpu/47699

View Quote

Shit! I was just about to make an offer on an AGS17 and 144 rounds on the EE...probably just a coincidence?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5589
Top Top