Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 29
Posted: 4/25/2022 6:37:35 PM EDT
It is Today's Laugh of the Day!!!!

Biden admin threatens response if China militarizes Solomon Islands

President Joe Biden's administration on Friday threatened to "respond accordingly" if China establishes a permanent military base in the Solomon Islands after the two nations signed a security agreement last month that will allow China to maintain armed police and resupply its visiting warships.

"If steps are taken to establish a de facto permanent military presence, power-projection capabilities, or a military installation, the delegation noted that the United States would then have significant concerns and respond accordingly," the White House said in a statement on Friday.

The statement came while announcing senior administration officials' visit to the Solomon Islands where they met with Prime Minister Manasseh Sogavare and "engaged in substantial discussion" about the agreement signed with China.

"Solomon Islands representatives indicated that the agreement had solely domestic applications, but the U.S. delegation noted there are potential regional security implications of the accord, including for the United States and its allies and partners," the statement added.

A leaked draft of the China-Solomon Islands deal ahead of its signing stipulated that China would be permitted to send security personnel armed with pistols, rifles, machine guns and a sniper rifle to the Solomon Islands after riots broke out in Honiara near the Chinese embassy last year.

The draft also said China would be allowed to "make ship visits to, carry out logistical replenishment in, and have stopover and transition in Solomon Islands"

Although a final draft of the agreement has not yet been released, Solomon Islands officials said they had accepted China's terms without objection because they "could not guarantee the safety of the [Chinese] Embassy and staff."
View Quote
Map of  Chinese militarized islands and reefs:
Attachment Attached File

Location of Solomon Islands:

Attachment Attached File

What kind of responses would the Biden-Harris Administration implement? Threaten to take less bribe money from the Chinese or more? Hard to say.

Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:39:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:
Everyone is trying to prep choke points but Okinawa is going to get rocketed to fuck by short range Chinese missiles https://www.coffeeordie.com/okinawa-marines-china
View Quote

The assumption is the nation that makes most smart phone can probably conduct a pretty accurate joint fire power strike as opposed to the nation who has to import most of its micro-components.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 1:14:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#2]
Originally Posted By R0N:

The assumption is the nation that makes most smart phone can probably conduct a pretty accurate joint fire power strike as opposed to the nation who has to import most of its micro-components.
View Quote
I wouldn’t want to be there when it begins. I wouldn’t want to be on Guam either.
“You can look at it (removal of the F-15s) as the USAF coming to grips with the reality that nothing on the first island chain, especially not Kadena, will be survivable in a conflict with China," Steve Ganyard, a former deputy assistant secretary of state, told Stars and Stripes in an email Friday.”https://www.unionleader.com/news/military/chinese-threat-to-japan-and-okinawa-bases-behind-f-15-phaseout-expert-says/article_8919a9cd-5acb-585f-a087-1380d455b2d2.html
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 1:27:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Should have left it to the Japanese.

Fuck them.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 2:26:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 2:42:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

I think most are looking at china as not someone you conquer but a country you choke off and let them implode.  In that scenario Japan has a competent Navy, combined with US naval forces should be able to choke china off from food and energy in short order.  Can China lob missiles at bases sure and some will get through.  But I can't see any scenario where foreign troops step foot on chinese soil.  

S. Korea has no navy to speak of and will have to deal with N. Korea.  They're hosed.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zoinks:
Politico just published an article where some US politicians are saying the Biden Admin is making promises it can't keep regarding Taiwan, the Rep of Philippines, and the rest of the South Pacific.

Why the U.S. isn't ready for a fight in the Indo-Pacific

Many of suggested that the potential conflict would be primarily fought using air power. Others say it will be naval based. Real life says it'll be both.

The PLA Navy has 343 ships there, plus a couple of civilian fleets they can "press" into National Service. The US Navy has 292 ships around the World. The US would have to have the Japanese and the ROK navies heavily involved to match the PLA Navy. Let's get to the quotes:

This is the first line of the article:

This next part is a big problem for the US. How many times has the US "cut and run" from those it has called an ally? March, 1975, the Dems in Congress halted all funding for the South Vietnamese Gov't. The North took over by the end of the next month. Afghanistan, we have the same story in 2021.  These things do not go unnoticed.

In the end, I think this article calls it correctly (which would be a first for a Politico article IMO,)
I can't remember the guy's name, but he's been probably the Best war historian ever. English Chap. I'll ETA when my brain comes back on line. In the epilogue of one of his books, he wrote that the appearance of weakness is what invites attack. This is going to be a classic example of that where ever the Chinese choose to attack. We're not stopping them from attacking. At best, we can throw some speed bumps at them and then blame our allies or Maga Republicans because they didn't want gays in the Military or something along those lines.

South Korea apparently balking at being a save Taiwan hub and Japan better acquire amazing air defense as China will saturate every US Navy, Marine and Air base there. Japan needs 5 years IF it follows thru on big arms buying announced this year. That's 2023-2028 what if China attacks before 2028? What if the Japanese public votes out the current unpopular government that proposed the arms buying spree?
If you were South Korean, you'd be balking too. If you were Japanese, this is just another day in a millennial  long struggle. And now you're most important ally is run by a corrupt party that's engaged in protecting its money laundering system. Those two countries wondering what the hell is going on and wondering who can they rely on. Neither are strong enough to take on China militarily, politically, economically. What do you do????

I think most are looking at china as not someone you conquer but a country you choke off and let them implode.  In that scenario Japan has a competent Navy, combined with US naval forces should be able to choke china off from food and energy in short order.  Can China lob missiles at bases sure and some will get through.  But I can't see any scenario where foreign troops step foot on chinese soil.  

S. Korea has no navy to speak of and will have to deal with N. Korea.  They're hosed.  

I wanted to bring back 2tired2run's post because he brought up a good then. Here's an article implying that all is not well with the hierarchy of the of the Japanese Ground Defense Force:

As champion of force-on-force training with US Marines, Japanese colonel paid 'political' price

For sure, we have to do some "reading between the lines" here (not really, I was just being polite), but it doesn't bode well that a staff officer wanting to improve training for soldiers is given the "choice." It seems that all are not onboard for a potential conflict with China.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 2:52:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 2:55:48 PM EDT
[#7]
View All Quotes
Man, this story has some great lines!!!!

The memorandums signed this week lay out the amounts of money that the federal government will provide to the Marshall Islands and Palau if their compacts are successfully renegotiated. Negotiations on a similar memorandum with a third compact country, Micronesia, are ongoing.
So, if the PRC offers more, Capitalism proves its worth again!!!

A Micronesian news outlet, Marianas Variety, reported Thursday that the Marshall Islands will receive $700 million over four years under the memorandum that it signed. But that amount would cover only one-fifth of a 20-year compact extension and does not include the amount Palau would receive.
Another agreement that kicks the can down the road. In Domestic politics, no one really wants to solve problems which is why problems are never solved. Other peoples' money needs to be shared by various "stake holders."
This same mentality is what it looks like on the international scene. $700 million to do what? Not what average Islanders are asking for regarding the bomb testing. Hell, the US doesn't do that for the GIs it sent that all ended up with Cancer like my Father and Uncle. But, that's more than enough money to buy politicians and organizations...until the Chinese offer more.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 2:58:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I wouldn't want to be there when it begins. I wouldn't want to be on Guam either.
"You can look at it (removal of the F-15s) as the USAF coming to grips with the reality that nothing on the first island chain, especially not Kadena, will be survivable in a conflict with China," Steve Ganyard, a former deputy assistant secretary of state, told Stars and Stripes in an email Friday."https://www.unionleader.com/news/military/chinese-threat-to-japan-and-okinawa-bases-behind-f-15-phaseout-expert-says/article_8919a9cd-5acb-585f-a087-1380d455b2d2.html
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By R0N:

I wouldn't want to be there when it begins. I wouldn't want to be on Guam either.
"You can look at it (removal of the F-15s) as the USAF coming to grips with the reality that nothing on the first island chain, especially not Kadena, will be survivable in a conflict with China," Steve Ganyard, a former deputy assistant secretary of state, told Stars and Stripes in an email Friday."https://www.unionleader.com/news/military/chinese-threat-to-japan-and-okinawa-bases-behind-f-15-phaseout-expert-says/article_8919a9cd-5acb-585f-a087-1380d455b2d2.html
Yup, it's kind of looking like a huge part of the defensive plan for Taiwan and Japan is the US pulling out of the area.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 3:05:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't see this going anywhere based on geography https://english.alarabiya.net/amp/News/world/2023/01/16/Japan-India-begin-first-joint-fighter-jet-drill-amid-upgraded-defense-ties
View All Quotes
I don't see this going anywhere based on geography https://english.alarabiya.net/amp/News/world/2023/01/16/Japan-India-begin-first-joint-fighter-jet-drill-amid-upgraded-defense-ties
Here's the key:
Japan and India -- along with Australia and the United States -- are part of the "Quad" alliance, a grouping of regional powers that is increasingly concerned about China's military and economic influence.
It's an exercise to show increasing amounts of concern.

OR, if the Japanese play their cards right, and it'll be a difficult play, as India gets a lot of their "avionical radar stuff" (avionics is a boring name) from the Israelis, this might end up as an "in" for Japan to also get some pretty damn good equipment from Israel as well. We shall see. The Jury is out. Time will tell.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 3:05:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Man, this story has some great lines!!!!

So, if the PRC offers more, Capitalism proves its worth again!!!

Another agreement that kicks the can down the road. In Domestic politics, no one really wants to solve problems which is why problems are never solved. Other peoples' money needs to be shared by various "stake holders."
This same mentality is what it looks like on the international scene. $700 million to do what? Not what average Islanders are asking for regarding the bomb testing. Hell, the US doesn't do that for the GIs it sent that all ended up with Cancer like my Father and Uncle. But, that's more than enough money to buy politicians and organizations...until the Chinese offer more.
View Quote

The Chinese are famous for their masterclass in bribery. They’ve got a sitting US President, a few Senators and a couple dozen in the House.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 3:07:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's the key:
It's an exercise to show increasing amounts of concern.

OR, if the Japanese play their cards right, and it'll be a difficult play, as India gets a lot of their "avionical radar stuff" (avionics is a boring name) from the Israelis, this might end up as an "in" for Japan to also get some pretty damn good equipment from Israel as well. We shall see. The Jury is out. Time will tell.
View Quote

The timeline is the key. Japan might not have the time it needs. Navy says 2027 Air Force thinks 2030+     Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 9:25:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Britain calls for AUKUS expansion

Britain has called for an overseeing body similar to NATO to ensure security in the Indo-Pacific.

The chair of the UK’s defence select committee has suggested the AUKUS agreement, a trilateral agreement between Australia, the United Kingdom, and the US that would expand to include India and Japan.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/news/world/britain-calls-for-aukus-expansion/video/2e467bc9a85dadc0b865c437d6c4cc6b
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 12:13:16 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote
I agree.  That first island chain is going to be ugly.   But that's literally China's front porch.  So yes they can contest their immediate shore line.  They can't eat or have lights but they can make the SCS inhospitable.  

Japan is fucked. Taiwan is fucked. They know this.  Once past the first island chain and land based air cover/missile range China get stopped cold.  They have precious few deep water assets and even less knowledge on how to use them.  

China has recognized that a competent NCO cadre and multi-domain coordination is vital to success. Neither of those things are achievable in 3 or 4 years.

They can take Taiwan anytime, probably the sooner the better for them from a military standpoint. It will immediately lead to the economic destruction of the mainland.  There is no changing that.   Once they take Taiwan, they are militarily SOL.   The choke points to their economy are too far away for them to secure in a contested environment.  If they want to build new reefs in the Indian ocean I guess we'll help.

There is no way B2/21s F35s and Virginias don't rain destruction all over every important junction on the belt and road. Pipeline through paskistan?  Be a shame if something happened to it.  We blew up pipeline in Siberia in the 80s with a virus and made it look like an accident.  The dorks at TAO/ANT haven't been sleeping for the last 35 years.

There are too many vulnerabilities to protect if you're China.  Doesn't mean they won't do stupid shit anyway and make us decide how bad we want it to get.  I think buying politicians and flag officers is by far the better investment.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:11:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 7:59:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Alacran:
Britain calls for AUKUS expansion

Britain has called for an overseeing body similar to NATO to ensure security in the Indo-Pacific.

The chair of the UK's defence select committee has suggested the AUKUS agreement, a trilateral agreement between Australia, the United Kingdom, and the US that would expand to include India and Japan.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/news/world/britain-calls-for-aukus-expansion/video/2e467bc9a85dadc0b865c437d6c4cc6b
View Quote
The biggest problem, IMO, is that not too many people down there trust Australia, and even fewer trust New Zealand. Sure they make the US look good in comparison, but that's not say much (,but is better than nothing.)
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 8:07:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By xd341:
I agree.  That first island chain is going to be ugly.   But that's literally China's front porch.  So yes they can contest their immediate shore line.  They can't eat or have lights but they can make the SCS inhospitable.  

Japan is fucked. Taiwan is fucked. They know this.  Once past the first island chain and land based air cover/missile range China get stopped cold.  They have precious few deep water assets and even less knowledge on how to use them.  

China has recognized that a competent NCO cadre and multi-domain coordination is vital to success. Neither of those things are achievable in 3 or 4 years.

They can take Taiwan anytime, probably the sooner the better for them from a military standpoint. It will immediately lead to the economic destruction of the mainland.  There is no changing that.   Once they take Taiwan, they are militarily SOL.   The choke points to their economy are too far away for them to secure in a contested environment.  If they want to build new reefs in the Indian ocean I guess we'll help.

There is no way B2/21s F35s and Virginias don't rain destruction all over every important junction on the belt and road. Pipeline through paskistan?  Be a shame if something happened to it.  We blew up pipeline in Siberia in the 80s with a virus and made it look like an accident.  The dorks at TAO/ANT haven't been sleeping for the last 35 years.

There are too many vulnerabilities to protect if you're China.  Doesn't mean they won't do stupid shit anyway and make us decide how bad we want it to get.  I think buying politicians and flag officers is by far the better investment.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By xd341:

Totally  agree!!!!!

The Belt and Road Initiative was a brilliant idea, but the PRC went out of their way to be duplicitous, conniving and just plain shit heads to their so-called partners. China has a very long History of fucking itself over, and they're about due.

With the Soviet Union, it was Afghanistan. Their propaganda was to Liberate the West!!! The raison etre for the Military was to Liberate the West!!!! That and with their Original Ol-Timey World War II Leadership who could honestly say they stood next to Lenin or Stalin dying off, the time for them to move West was in the late '70s. They went South instead. Huge Mistake! China will screw up the same. The only island I wouldn't want to be on is Okinawa. That's the thorn in the side for everyone.

Link Posted: 2/1/2023 8:11:55 PM EDT
[#17]
View All Quotes
Again, not certain what the words mean. In a natural disaster, the US is normally given access like crazy by everyone. But, here's a quote:
The expansion involves access to Philippine military bases, likely including two on the northern island of Luzon   which, analysts said, could give U.S. forces a strategic position from which to mount operations in the event of a conflict in Taiwan or the South China Sea. They will also facilitate cooperation on a range of security concerns, including more rapid responses to natural disasters and climate-related events.

Extensive work has been done over the past few months in the Philippines to assess and evaluate various sites, and at least two of them have been pinned down, said a State Department official, who like other officials spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the deliberations.
I can remember having to go to a few places with with using either a brown passport or a white passport due to access. I don't really recall too much access in those instances. But, it's a feel good story showing the US making strides diplomatically with "partners" in the region.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 10:54:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Again, not certain what the words mean. In a natural disaster, the US is normally given access like crazy by everyone. But, here's a quote:
I can remember having to go to a few places with with using either a brown passport or a white passport due to access. I don't really recall too much access in those instances. But, it's a feel good story showing the US making strides diplomatically with "partners" in the region.
View Quote

Yeah. .Gov - State, DOD, etc made a big deal over it but I’m always more interested in the long term prognosis. Japanese government is already squabbling over the 5 year defense spending increase and it hasn’t even actually started.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 11:24:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:34:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:26:54 PM EDT
[#21]
View All Quotes
Let's just jump to it!:
The United States has opened an embassy in Solomon Islands after a 30-year absence as it seeks to boost diplomatic relations in the Pacific as a counter to China.
Opening line says "embassy is open."
The US secretary of state, Antony Blinken, announced the news late on Wednesday, saying that "more than any other part of the world, the Indo-Pacific region   including the Pacific Islands   will shape the world's trajectory in the 21st century".This is a quote of the Sec of State Blinken.
This is a quote from Sec of State Blinken.
The top US diplomat announced plans to open a diplomatic mission in the Pacific island nation during a visit to the region last year, with the state department intending to broaden engagement and deepen international cooperation with the Solomons.
This states that "a diplomatic mission" is now open. That's the first three paragraphs. We don't have an ambassador to the Solomon Islands, so we don't have an embassy. I'm not even sure there's enough presence for a Consulate there. Here's a picture that accompanies the article.
Attachment Attached File

You'll have to use your imagination in picking out a building, and then narrowing it down to a couple of rooms in that building. Then, you can imagine in which part of the Solomon Islands the "embassy" is on. Article doesn't say. Maybe right now, it's colocated in a Hotel bar.

I joke, but it is a step. I'm not certain that it means a lot. What the Islanders want is for the US to remove unexploded ordinance, and there's no talk about that.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:32:43 PM EDT
[#22]
We had leftist "The Guardian" and now the leftist "New York Times" doing their best to cheer for the Biden Admin. We've already covered that the Indonesians didn't appreciate the US pushing LGBTQ, and the rest of them, issues in their country. The Indonesians prefer Chinese money and Chinese lies compared to US sexual degeneracy.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:36:26 PM EDT
[#23]
I have four videos on the agreement that was signed today by the US and the Philippines. Different perspectives, and the longest one is about 12 minutes. Watch when you can.
U.S. boosts military presence in Philippines to counteract China's increasing aggression
The Philippines grants US wider access to its military bases | World Latest English News | WION
Hem Kaur is worth watching no matter what the topic. Let your mind roam as you get her to smile. (Yes, we have time for that.)
Former national security adviser backs general's warning on possible war with China
US secures deal on Philippines military bases - BBC News

Link Posted: 2/11/2023 4:42:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 8:25:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Will have to catch up on thread later but saw this article yesterday https://amp.smh.com.au/world/oceania/replaced-sogavare-rival-accuses-solomons-leader-of-conspiring-with-beijing-20230210-p5cjjs.html
View All Quotes
Will have to catch up on thread later but saw this article yesterday https://amp.smh.com.au/world/oceania/replaced-sogavare-rival-accuses-solomons-leader-of-conspiring-with-beijing-20230210-p5cjjs.html

Well, I guess we have a "man" in the Solomon Islands now:
The office of former Malaita premier Daniel Suidani has accused Solomon Islands Prime Minister Manasseh Sogavare of conspiring with China to have him removed after he campaigned against Chinese investment and opposed a landmark security deal that could allow Chinese defence forces to be based on the islands.
and here's the "kicker:"
The motion of no confidence against Suidani accused him of inappropriately using government finances for personal expenses and of soliciting money from a Chinese company.

Suidani has denied the allegations. The deputy leader of the national opposition, Peter Kenilorea Jr, has previously claimed that government MPs were offered bribes of more than $200,000 to switch diplomatic allegiance from Taiwan to China in 2019. The switch preceded infrastructure deals and the security agreement with Beijing that also allows Chinese police to provide public order training to protect their investments.

Talifilu, a former adviser to Sogavare, said the national government has "not been happy about the stand Malaita province has taken against Chinese companies and Chinese funding".
Remember to always accuse your enemies of doing what you are doing!!
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 12:13:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 3:52:00 PM EDT
[#27]
This is very interesting.

Let's see if China steps in to help.

(Don't we have an emote actually eating popcorn?)
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 3:55:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Australia should get there first.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 4:02:42 PM EDT
[#29]
This is very interesting.

Let's see if China steps in to help.

(Don't we have an emote actually eating popcorn?)
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/19/2023 9:47:11 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

Excellent Work! 5 internet points for you!

Here's an article from last week, FEB that I guess happened the day before. It's oh so mysterious.

US Holds Drills in South China Sea Amid Tensions With China

The U.S. Navy and Marine Corps are holding joint exercises in the South China Sea at a time of heightened tensions with Beijing over the shooting down of a suspected Chinese spy balloon.

It said exercises involving ships, ground forces and aircraft took place Saturday but gave no details on when the began or whether they had ended.
The U.S. military exercises were planned in advance. They come as already tense relations between Washington and Beijing have been exacerbated by a diplomatic row sparked by the balloon, which was shot down last weekend in U.S. airspace off the coast of South Carolina.

In its news release, the 7th Fleet said the joint operation had "established a powerful presence in the region, which supports peace and stability."

"As a ready response force, we underpin a broad spectrum of missions including landing Marines ashore, humanitarian disaster relief, and deterring potential adversaries through visible and present combat power," the release said.

Very stealthy exercise. No pics. This was the only things I found. Very powerful indeed. And it's not that our Gov't has to show me anything, but they do have to show the countries in the Region something.

Link Posted: 2/19/2023 9:50:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Nailcrusher:
War is inevitable.
Only question is when.
View Quote

Unfortunately this.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 11:20:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran] [#32]
Looks like Australia is now starting to get the Apaches they ordered a few years back a little earlier than expected.

The deliveries of the new helicopters will start from 2025.

Army Chinooks, Apache & Black Hawk at Canberra Airport

Link Posted: 2/24/2023 11:30:24 AM EDT
[#33]
A harshly worded letter?
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 8:18:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Looks like Australia is now starting to get the Apaches they ordered a few years back a little earlier than expected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1PP1MsyTxs

View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1PP1MsyTxs

They use the word "invest" quite a bit in this article. Por ejemeplo,
Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison said: "Our world and our region are changing, but we're investing a record A$270bn in the defence and security of Australia over the decade to 2030.

"But these investments don't just support the Australian Defence Force, they support local jobs and skills right here.

"The more than A$8bn we're investing in helicopters and facilities means 290 new jobs on the ground for electricians, mechanics, and engineers to support their maintenance, along with hundreds more jobs in the small business supply chain that supports these fleets."

It's like that through out the article. A very interesting way of looking at equipment purchases that can be blown apart at a moment's notice.

Link Posted: 2/24/2023 8:19:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Bilymac:
A harshly worded letter?
View Quote
They brought out Janet Yellen yesterday. No use watching the youtube video. She read aloud the harshly worded letter.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 8:21:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 8:22:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 8:23:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Defense industry is making a killing off the Biden admin....and, Biden is likewise making a killing off the defense industry. It's a very symbiotic relationship
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 8:28:36 PM EDT
[#39]
There's isn't much on the riots that happened earlier in the month. They lasted for about a week, but oddly enough, no one covered it. I checked the Australian Broadcasting Company and Sky News, plus the BBC and France 24. Nothing. DuckDuckGo searches yielded nothing except for the riots in 2021. It was the same with Start Page. I'll include the screen shots. The DuckDuckGo one, after you save it, zoom to 100%. It's a long page screen shot.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

The only thing I found was this article which goes over the History of the last two years in detail:

Malaita Premier Daniel Suidani Ousted in Solomon Islands

It's a good summary, but it doesn't give us an outcome of what happened during the riots. It's like the riots in Brazil over their Presidential election. I guess if a Tree falls in the Forest, but there's no journalist there to report on it...it doesn't matter if it falls.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 10:42:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 11:18:12 AM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

World socialist web site?  Where do you find this stuff?  Are you using some kind of news aggregator?
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 11:31:22 AM EDT
[#42]

World socialist web site?  Where do you find this stuff?  Are you using some kind of news aggregator?
View Quote
Same as how I was keeping tabs on antifa or the CCP and isis. I check their sites once a month to see what they’re focused on or discussing to get a heads up. Last month I posted a Lawfare link to show even they were aware of the situation in the Solomons.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 11:35:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#43]

View Quote

Your post reminded me I forgot to do my monthly Democrat party check. I’ve gotten a bit lazy and figured MSM overlaps with Democrat talking points flavor of the month but they do have their own internal shit. I got into monitoring Democrats after the AWB and gun control laws caught me by surprise a long time ago and military flashpoints from an old timer who was aware of impending wars that weren’t on my radar at all as I was solely focused on girls and parties. https://mobile.twitter.com/RepJeffries/status/1625536148088012801?cxt=HHwWgoC-xfSgiI8tAAAA                                                   Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 11:44:15 AM EDT
[#44]

Your post reminded me I forgot to do my monthly Democrat party check. I’ve gotten a bit lazy and figured MSM overlaps with Democrat talking points flavor of the month but they do have their own internal shit. I got into monitoring Democrats after the AWB and gun control laws caught me by surprise a long time ago and another old timer who was aware of impending wars that weren’t on my radar at all as I was solely focused on girls and parties.
View All Quotes

Your post reminded me I forgot to do my monthly Democrat party check. I’ve gotten a bit lazy and figured MSM overlaps with Democrat talking points flavor of the month but they do have their own internal shit. I got into monitoring Democrats after the AWB and gun control laws caught me by surprise a long time ago and another old timer who was aware of impending wars that weren’t on my radar at all as I was solely focused on girls and parties.

I bet you have quite the interesting bookmarks as well as browser history.

Link Posted: 2/28/2023 11:53:35 AM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

A chunk of GD got pissed when I made a thread to expose Global Times because they felt acknowledging something is validating or supporting it but I argue like Dan Bongino has that being aware of something is more important. With China trying to buying US farms, politicians and newspapers it’s a good idea to keep current on what they’re up to https://www.cjr.org/the_media_today/us_china_pacific_islands_media.php
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 11:59:27 AM EDT
[#46]
It would appear that the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere will be Chinese, not Japanese.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:03:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#47]
Originally Posted By RichinCM:
It would appear that the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere will be Chinese, not Japanese.
View Quote

They’re trying but they’ve had some recent headwinds from ASEAN member countries and even a couple Pacific islands. But more bad news from Cambodia - they’ve ramped up building a naval base there and Cambodia is deeper in China’s pocket, along with Laos and Burma {Myanmar}                                                          Attachment Attached File
                                      Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:23:24 PM EDT
[#48]

A chunk of GD got pissed when I made a thread to expose Global Times because they felt acknowledging something is validating or supporting it but I argue like Dan Bongino has that being aware of something is more important. With China trying to buying US farms, politicians and newspapers it’s a good idea to keep current on what they’re up to https://www.cjr.org/the_media_today/us_china_pacific_islands_media.php
View All Quotes

Indeed, yet going over to DU and bragging about being banned like it’s some kind of badge of honor is totally fine.  lol

Even propaganda pieces have some elements of truth in them.  Sometimes, you just have to look for what’s obviously missing.

Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:34:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Australia to make over $700 Million investment in sea mines | Latest News | WION

Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:36:08 PM EDT
[#50]

Indeed, yet going over to DU and bragging about being banned like it’s some kind of badge of honor is totally fine.  lol

Even propaganda pieces have some elements of truth in them.  Sometimes, you just have to look for what’s obviously missing.

View Quote

There’s always ways to find out information even if someone lies to you {which is what police do in interrogations} or says nothing at all {if they were previously responsive to other questions}
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top