Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 261
Posted: 5/5/2022 9:27:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran]
Excerpt -

If you have not stockpiled at least two years of supplies, just stop what you are doing and get on it. Plant a garden if possible. Get chickens. Learn to fish. Notice I have never sold any of the supplies, and rarely even mention models of pro ducts other than a few like Katadyn water filters, or Berkey, but I make no money from that and have no relationships any companies. People often say that I should set up an online store. But that would undermine the message. If I tell you to stock up and then provide a link, the message is undermined.
Most folks smart enough to read my pages have been preparing for a long time. Comparing notes with each other. Searching for holes in their strategies. Some folks even make dry runs by turning off their water and electricity for varying periods in order to find more weaknesses in their plans.

Self defense is vital. We’ve seen 911 is a joke. We are our keeper. A grandmother with a little training can throw some serious self defense downrange.

Later this year we likely will see various governments within the Unites States starting with price controls and increased subsidies. Governments always do this when they are losing control. These policies will exacerbate situations. OGUS will push to make rationing electronic to gain even more control of every aspect of our existence. All the indicators are there.

Stock up thick. The clock is ticking. Conditions are set: 2022 will become serious. 2023 will be a year of starvation in many countries. I do not even see a way out of this. Too much inertia and sabotage. Serious famine creates real pandemic, more war, and HOP — Human Osmotic Pressure — which leads to migrations.

https://michaelyon.locals.com/post/2069821/am-jumping-out-the-overton-window-again
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:26:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Is Greg Abbott Preparing Texas To Leave The Union?

Welcome to the Texas News Podcast, where we dive into all things Texas politics and the future of independence in the state of Texas. On today's show, we're going to be discussing whether or not Texas Governor Greg Abbott is quietly preparing for Texas to be an independent nation. Unnoticed by most Texans, Abbott's gone on several international trips lately, which has some interesting implications for the status of Texas on the international stage and in international law. We’re going to put out the dots to let you connect them.

We also discuss the recent confirmation that the Department of Justice is conducting mass surveillance on its citizens. They’re conducting surveillance and building profiles for those who oppose firearms restrictions, lockdowns, vaccine mandates, and or support border security, all to put in a secret database. It sounds like something straight out of a bad sci-fi movie. Speaking of sci-fi, we end with a deep dive into the latest TEXIT predictive programming, and you’re not going to want to miss it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:38:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Alacran:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/91/b1/38/91b1380db6c7d6358c838c0a2f9af27e.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FrsT7xTeS0

Welcome to the Texas News Podcast, where we dive into all things Texas politics and the future of independence in the state of Texas. On today's show, we're going to be discussing whether or not Texas Governor Greg Abbott is quietly preparing for Texas to be an independent nation. Unnoticed by most Texans, Abbott's gone on several international trips lately, which has some interesting implications for the status of Texas on the international stage and in international law. We’re going to put out the dots to let you connect them.

We also discuss the recent confirmation that the Department of Justice is conducting mass surveillance on its citizens. They’re conducting surveillance and building profiles for those who oppose firearms restrictions, lockdowns, vaccine mandates, and or support border security, all to put in a secret database. It sounds like something straight out of a bad sci-fi movie. Speaking of sci-fi, we end with a deep dive into the latest TEXIT predictive programming, and you’re not going to want to miss it.
View Quote

Texit has decent support and is likely growing
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:15:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Ain’t gonna lie, that EAS broadcast gave me chills of excitement.

Discussed at 40:00 mark in original video.

EAS Scenario | Texas Seceded From the United States

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:49:46 PM EDT
[#4]
OREGON URGENTLY SHUTS DOWN SMALL FARMS IN MASS "To Protect The People"

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:51:28 PM EDT
[#5]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXIaYWHclv8
View Quote

This is why I love this thread, I wouldn't see this anywhere else.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:53:21 PM EDT
[#6]

View All Quotes

Oh that's fun
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:21:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Predictions made by Brandon Weichert -

If something happens, 100% it’ll be in 2024.

China will make a move on Taiwan this Spring or this Fall of 2024.

N. Korea is going to nuke S. Korea.

Geopolitical Risks: U.S. Election Year Is the Most Opportune Time to Strike & Trigger WW3

Is the U.S. at risk of a massive cyberattack in the months leading up to the U.S. election? Brandon Weichert, geopolitical analyst and author of 'Winning Space,' tells Michelle Makori, Lead Anchor and Editor-in-Chief at Kitco News, that this year is "the most opportune" time to carry out a cyber 9/11 on U.S. infrastructure. Weichert also dives into the top geopolitical threats of 2024. For Weichert's take on the new Russian anti-satellite space weapon, what this attack could look like, how to prepare, and what the U.S. Space Force is doing in response.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:26:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Off-the-Grid:

This is why I love this thread, I wouldn't see this anywhere else.
View Quote

Oh that's fun
View Quote

No more ATF.  

Department of Safety & Freedom  
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:33:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Dayummm... just finishing up with Michael's interview with Shawn Ryan. WOW! I knew some of it, but not all of the details. Talk about some wild, EVIL stuff.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:35:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By CreamCheesePizza:

So is your hobby just to doom?
View Quote

WTH? GTFO with your lame shit. Go back to a BOTD thread or some other place you might feel more comfortable with.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:56:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Red_Label:
Dayummm... just finishing up with Michael's interview with Shawn Ryan. WOW! I knew some of it, but not all of the details. Talk about some wild, EVIL stuff.
View Quote

His interview with Tucker should come out within this week or next.

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 5:17:54 AM EDT
[#12]

His interview with Tucker should come out within this week or next.

View Quote

He had a good one with Jordan Peterson a year or two ago as well.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:54:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Iran’s Next Target: The Panama Canal

Erik Prince warns that Iran is using its Houthi allies in Yemen to perfect “long-range piracy” tactics that could eventually be employed to shut down shipping through the Panama Canal using Iranian-funded weapon systems that already exist in Venezuela. The threat to America will only continue to grow as long as the Biden administration lets Iran and its proxies threaten global peace and stability with impunity.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:04:21 AM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:08:46 AM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:19:42 AM EDT
[#16]
SCOTUS will not save us.

Supreme Court rejects appeal by former New Mexico county commissioner banned for Jan. 6 insurrection

The Supreme Court on Monday rejected an appeal from a former New Mexico county commissioner who was kicked out of office over his participation in the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection at the U.S. Capitol.

Former Otero County commissioner Couy Griffin, a cowboy pastor who rode to national political fame by embracing then-President Donald Trump with a series of horseback caravans, is the only elected official thus far to be banned from office in connection with the Capitol attack, which disrupted Congress as it was trying to certify Joe Biden’s 2020 electoral victory over Trump.

At a 2022 trial in state district court, Griffin received the first disqualification from office in over a century under a provision of the 14th Amendment written to prevent former Confederates from serving in government after the Civil War.

Though the Supreme Court ruled this month that states don’t have the ability to bar Trump or other candidates for federal offices from the ballot, the justices said different rules apply to state and local candidates.

“We conclude that States may disqualify persons holding or attempting to hold state office,” the justices wrote in an unsigned opinion.

The outcome of Griffin’s case could bolster efforts to hold other state and local elected officials accountable for their involvement in the Jan. 6 attack.

Griffin, a Republican, was convicted separately in federal court of entering a restricted area on the Capitol grounds on Jan. 6 and received a 14-day prison sentence. The sentence was offset by time served after his arrest in Washington, where he had returned to protest Biden’s 2021 inauguration. That conviction is under appeal.

Griffin contends that he entered the Capitol grounds on Jan. 6 without recognizing that it had been designated as a restricted area and that he attempted to lead a crowd in prayer using a bullhorn, without engaging in violence.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/supreme-court-rejects-appeal-former-133333894.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 3:08:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Ender875:

So I was just in NYC with my son.  We did not see any Nat Guard in any of the stations we were in.  I did see NYPD with rifles in the one under Madison Square.  While we were there though there was an incident of some guy lighting 2 cans on fire and throwing them at a random person.  No idea what was in the cans or what happened to the person that threw them, or the one that got hit.

Also there was the fight on the subway where the perp was disarmed and shot in the head.

I did not personally witness either of these, just saw them on the local news.

Hell  no, its not normal for the military to be patroling the street, airports or subways.  People just dont even blink an eye though.  really, really sad
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ender875:
Is this a government trial ballon for other parts of the country?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h17CahZHgg0

The NYC subway is so bad the national guard has been called in to help bring things back to normal... but is having the national guard patrolling nyc normal?

So I was just in NYC with my son.  We did not see any Nat Guard in any of the stations we were in.  I did see NYPD with rifles in the one under Madison Square.  While we were there though there was an incident of some guy lighting 2 cans on fire and throwing them at a random person.  No idea what was in the cans or what happened to the person that threw them, or the one that got hit.

Also there was the fight on the subway where the perp was disarmed and shot in the head.

I did not personally witness either of these, just saw them on the local news.

Hell  no, its not normal for the military to be patroling the street, airports or subways.  People just dont even blink an eye though.  really, really sad

This video doesn’t sound good for NYC.  You may have seen it at just before it descends in to oblivion.  I only saw it once and that was back in the Rudy Giuliani days.

Many songs have been written about this city, but the song by The Cult pops into my mind more lately than the one sang by Frank Sinatra that stood for decades.  

Oh, well…

NYC is Finished... My Honest Thoughts

Some people think NYC is finished. Is it? Or is something new ahead for the big apple?

New York City
The Cult

Oh, Hell's Kitchen is a crazy place
I ain't never coming back, oh no no
Hell's Kitchen is a crazy place
I ain't never coming back

Oh, New York City
Oh, New York City, yeah, yeah
New York City, yeah
Oh, New York City, well, well

Hell's Kitchen is a DMZ
I'm never coming back, no
Disneyland, trash can baby, yeah
It'll give you a heart attack
The Times Square shuffle, Manhattan flip
Twenty four hour groove
Working up a frenzy baby
People push on through, yeah

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:02:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DarkStar] [#18]

https://justdario.com/2024/03/oops-i-did-it-again-boj-dangerous-schizophrenia/

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:56:48 AM EDT
[#19]

This video doesn’t sound good for NYC.  You may have seen it at just before it descends in to oblivion.  I only saw it once and that was back in the Rudy Giuliani days.

Many songs have been written about this city, but the song by The Cult pops into my mind more lately than the one sang by Frank Sinatra that stood for decades.  

Oh, well…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WabyYGbMtEM

Some people think NYC is finished. Is it? Or is something new ahead for the big apple?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF369vRRAWE

New York City
The Cult

Oh, Hell's Kitchen is a crazy place
I ain't never coming back, oh no no
Hell's Kitchen is a crazy place
I ain't never coming back

Oh, New York City
Oh, New York City, yeah, yeah
New York City, yeah
Oh, New York City, well, well

Hell's Kitchen is a DMZ
I'm never coming back, no
Disneyland, trash can baby, yeah
It'll give you a heart attack
The Times Square shuffle, Manhattan flip
Twenty four hour groove
Working up a frenzy baby
People push on through, yeah

View Quote

The assholes are moving upstate in droves. Building McMansion and driving up existing home prices. Then taxes follow.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:06:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By DarkStar:

https://justdario.com/2024/03/oops-i-did-it-again-boj-dangerous-schizophrenia/

View Quote

I just can’t shake the idea that Trump is slated to win the 2024 election and, if he does take office again in Jan. 2025, the Leftist Propaganda Machine will lay all of the buildup to the crash and the crash itself at his feet.

I wouldn’t be surprised if by that time, he inherits an unwinnable kinetic war as well.

Hard times are coming.

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:17:57 AM EDT
[#21]

I just can’t shake the idea that Trump is slated to win the 2024 election and, if he does take office again in Jan. 2025, the Leftist Propaganda Machine will lay all of the buildup to the crash and the crash itself at his feet.

I wouldn’t be surprised if by that time, he inherits an unwinnable kinetic war as well.

Hard times are coming.

View Quote

We are both thinking the exact same thing.  Things are being set politically and economically that will guarantee a Trump win to set him and us up for failure in '25.  We've already crossed the point of no return, but Trump will be the Captain as the ship starts to sink.  Short of a hard reset, nothing can stop what's coming.

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:19:29 AM EDT
[#22]

Tommy Robinson 🇬🇧
@TRobinsonNewEra
Marion Maréchal: “I am waking up at the age of 34 in a European Union which is a digital colony of the United States, an economic colony of China, a demographic colony of Africa, and is becoming a religious and cultural colony of Islam.”

https://twitter.com/TRobinsonNewEra/status/1770438259945922896
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:28:49 AM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:40:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Morlawn66] [#24]

We are both thinking the exact same thing.  Things are being set politically and economically that will guarantee a Trump win to set him and us up for failure in '25.  We've already crossed the point of no return, but Trump will be the Captain as the ship starts to sink.  Short of a hard reset, nothing can stop what's coming.

View All Quotes

Hard times are coming.

Would agree ,  they would want Trump as POTUS when it collapses .  Dial down the dem cheat machine and let the Biden gaffe machine do it's thing ,
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:45:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Getting out in front of something?  The Irish PM met with Biden last week.

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:05:37 AM EDT
[#26]

Getting out in front of something?  The Irish PM met with Biden last week.

View Quote

Interesting.  Ireland just had a monumental referendum election.

I don’t think Netanyahu can last much longer, either.

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:10:58 AM EDT
[#27]

From Russian Collusion to “Bloodbath”—A Decade of Toxic Hysteria

Ever since late June 2015—following Donald Trump’s announcement that he was running for president, and his voicing of controversial agendas (on tariffs, China, illegal immigration, foreign policy, NATO, etc.)—leftwing toxic hysteria has been the norm.

In the last ten years, we’ve witnessed the Russian collusion hoax, calls from military officers and analysts for extra-legal interventions and coups, the Alfa ping hoax, the drink bleach hoax, the “suckers” D-Day hoax, the celebrities’ contest about the best way to decapitate, stab, blow up, shoot, or incinerate Trump, the 2016 leftwing postelection effort to turn state electors into “faithless” apostates to elect Hillary, the nutty Mark Milley call to his Chinese counterpart, the Antifa/BLM riotous months of 2020 and effort to storm the White House grounds, the two first-term impeachments, the laptop “Russian disinformation” hoax, the pee accusation, the “51 intelligence authorities” ruse, the FBI hiring of Twitter censors to suppress unwanted news, the Senate trial of a private citizen, the January 6 “insurrection” where “five police officers were killed” lie, the farcical two Republican members of the Jan 6 committee, the attempt to remove Trump from state ballots, the insane E. Jean Carroll suit, the Letitia James “find me the man, and I’ll find you the crime” writ, the monstrous $355 million fine growing daily to $450, the Alvin Bragg bootstrapping of an inert federal suit, the Fani Willis/Nathan Wade circus, the Jack Smith antithesis to Robert Hur’s twin investigation, the effort to bankrupt the Republican nominee, and of course the constant calls to pack the court (when the Left lost the majority), to end the filibuster (when Democrats control the Senate), to add two new states and four new senators (provided they are DC and Puerto Rico) and to end the Electoral College (once the Left lost the surety of the reliable blue wall).

What is the effect of all this decade-long civil strife on the 2024 voter?

There are two knowns and two unknowns from this unprecedented effort to destroy rather than defeat at the polls Donald J. Trump.

First, we now know that the more they have tried to destroy Trump through media lies and distortions, lawfare, and extra-legal means, the greater his resiliency and popularity.

Two, we also realize that the greater the anti-Trump hysteria, venom, and furor on the Left, the more leftists melt down and project their own paranoias onto Trump.

They think something like: “If we were Trump, and we were smeared with the stuff we are dishing out, we know what we do to our tormentors when we got power. So naturally Trump will do to us what we would to us in his place.”

Their projection then turns into our now daily unhinged screams that Trump will “take revenge” and “demand retribution”, ensure a “bloodbath”, and “end democracy”—and “therefore we have to double down to employ even more extra-legal means to destroy him”.

Of the unknowns, we are somewhat unsure about the cumulative effect of this historic effort to warp the electoral system to destroy a candidate, and in at least two regards.

One, as the Left ramps up its hatred and frenzy over the next seven months before the election (and they surely will), what will be effect on Independents, swing voters, and the undecided? Will they grow incensed at the damage the Left is doing to the country and react by supporting Trump all the more?

Or, alternatively, will they finally curl up, fetal-like, with  hands over ears, and simply whimper and wish for someone to make all this conundrum go away—and along with it the disrupter Trump, who, however much the victim, still somehow is responsible for the insane reaction he elicits from the left?

As far as the second unknown in the upcoming months, could  or would Trump as the Happy Warrior better finesse the vitriol to his own advantage by joking about his tormentors’ insanity, using Reaganesque humor to ridicule his critics, or simply shrug, stick to business, ignore the madness, and press on? Can he not unite the country by rising above the tit-for-tat taunts and put-downs?

That is, should he not avoid his gratuitous slights (often against fellow Republicans like DeSantis and Haley), curb silly stuff like “birdbrain” and the usual social media ridicule?

Or does it even matter at this late date—given the Left will distort anything Trump says anyway—as we just witnessed with the “bloodbath” psychodrama, and the laughable spin to suggest Trump was calling for insurrection rather than the damage Biden will do to the automotive industry?

Are we reaching a point, then, where it does not matter how carefully Trump speaks and how ecumenical he might sound, given whatever he says or does will still be distorted given the existential hatred for who he is, what he represents, and what his agendas might portend?

Add up what we know and the things we know we don’t know, and it is going to be a wild, dangerous next seven months in which we are going to witness things from the Left never seen before in this country.

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:12:22 AM EDT
[#28]
I’m assuming most here know who Selco is.

Selco: If You Want to See the Future SHTF, Look at Haiti

It would be a cool thing for all preppers to have some kind of insight into what a real collapse would look like in their case. Like some kind of window where they can look through and see the collapse happening but they are still in safe place. Seeing a future SHTF today.

Only if that could be possible, right?

Well, guess what? It is possible. The SHTF is happening all the time (in real time) somewhere, in some city or country, for one or another reason—sometimes war, other times corruption, or bad weather. We are living in a time where we CAN see that and LEARN from it.

Why do we not see it and learn from it?

Well, for the usual reasons: we do not think it is relevant, we think people there are (somehow) different from us, or even some think people “there” (wherever there is) deserve that.

And my favorite, of course, is “It can not happen here.”

I do not want to discuss the reasons above, but I really want to tell you that it is good to learn from other folks’ SHTF experiences. It is much better than to wait for your own and be surprised.

Haiti is an example of a future SHTF.

Haiti’s situation is a perfect example of how bad things can go in some future SHTF, and to what depth.

It is a textbook example of what a prolonged collapse looks like, how it starts with one event and deteriorates more over a period of time (it can be the opposite, too).

It does support some of the basic SHTF theories that I wrote about, and it is also very similar to SHTF I went through in some (main) characteristics, so check Haiti’s situation’s main characteristic: there is no real vacuum in the rule of law.

No matter how bad the situation is, there will always be groups, larger or smaller, that represent “power” or “law” in parts of the country or even parts of the city.

That “law” can be the absolute joke of real law prior to SHTF, but that group will try to impose their “law” and rules through the oppressions and hard punishment for not obeying their rules, as well as taxing people under their rule for protection.

You can call them gangs, militias, or even government. Names are not important. When the SHTF, someone will try to rule you, OR you will try (with your group of people) to rule over your, let’s say, region, with your rules, laws, taxation, and whatnot.

Real Mad Mad Max lawlessness is rare. Some kind of chaotic organization will be there.

Fragmentation

Your world will usually become smaller.

In the absence of normal (pre-event) law and order, your world might become your city, or even your part of the city, where your community is, where you know settings, and where you feel safe. Urban survival is staying small and staying protected within your network or joining some network if you are alone.

If not you might be joined (let’s say enlisted) into some group by force.

Old terms

Old terms like police might still be in use, but the police force might become actually just a group of people who are well trained and equipped from before. That does not mean they are going to stick to the law from before. Watch for that.

They are still people who have families. If the law and system fall apart, they are armed and trained people. Some of them can and will simply work for whoever pays the best.

It is fluid.

The situation is very fluid, and you need constantly to have (updated) info.

One day, this faction or militia is at war with that, and tomorrow, it is in alliance with others and whatnot.

Today this part of the city is safe. Tomorrow is not.

You are nobody without correct and accurate information. Without it, you will not be able to stay safe, move safely to finish a task, or find food or other resources.

It is changing all the time, and you need to be involved in a network of people in order to have that accurate information about who is who today.

Staying mobile

If your place becomes attacked and you are not able to defend it, you are leaving your place, and that’s it. A whole bunch of people are not in their homes because it is not safe to stay there, or they would be killed if they stay there,

They stayed mobile and moved to a safe place.

You can call them whatever name you like – refugee or whatever – but they survived. So be ready to be mobile in order to survive.

The dangers

Real dangers are not only gangs or being killed by them. People are dying because the system of delivering goods is broken. They are not only dying from bullets in the quick way but also dying slowly from poor nutrition, lack of hygiene, and absence of proper medical care.

Violence is not the only danger when SHTF.

You are not as unique as you may think.

Again, I know you’re going to say some reasons why your situation in the future SHTF can not be like in Haiti: your political system is better, your government takes care of people, or simply you believe people are more reasonable in your country.

Sit down for a moment and think about how many times you said something like “it can not happen here” in the last ten years, and yet it happened “here” and it happened to you.

The world is changing, and it is changing in a bad way.

Whatever you think or say, just go and research the situation in Haiti, check how things are happening there, and see what people are doing to survive.

It may be a smart investment of time for the future SHTF that could be coming to you.

https://www.theorganicprepper.com/selco-future-shtf/
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:19:57 AM EDT
[#29]
In Cuba, hundreds take to the streets in rare protests as economic crisis deepens

Hundreds of protesters took to the streets Sunday in Cuba’s second-largest city, Santiago, demanding food and power amid a worsening economic crisis that has left many everyday Cubans with scarce amounts of each.

In widely circulated videos on social media, Cubans in Santiago, in the east, can be heard chanting, “We are hungry,” as well as calling for electricity and food. Some residents have experienced power outages for 18 hours a day or more.

While there have been occasional outbreaks of protests in the past few years, they are still rare on the tightly controlled, communist-run island.

Videos circulated on social media also show protests in Bayamo, another city in the east.

Cuba has been grappling with a severe economic crisis with shortages in food, medicine, fuel and power. Inflation has risen sharply, making many products unaffordable for Cubans who depend on an average monthly state salary of $16.

Cuba has been under punishing U.S. sanctions for decades, which the Cuban government largely blames for their economic woes. The country’s Soviet-style, centrally planned economy has also affected Cuba’s economy negatively, according to economists.

Cuba recently took some austerity measures including a steep hike in the price of gasoline, which has left people nervous.

Ricardo Torres, a Cuban economist and fellow at American University in Washington, D.C., said there is no quick fix for the problems Cuba is facing with lack of power, which requires the purchase of fuel, and the shortages in food, which the island mostly imports, unless one of its allies comes to its rescue with aid.

“Cuba should be talking about how to move away from its centrally planned economy and towards a market economy,” Torres said. “Two or three economic measures only put a Band-aid on the problem.”

Following the protests, Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel posted on X that “mediocre politicians and terrorists on social media” got together in South Florida to try to fire up the streets.

The U.S. Embassy in Havana posted on X that it was aware of the peaceful protests in Santiago, Bayamo, Granma and elsewhere and urged Cuba’s government “to respect the human rights of the protestors and address the legitimate needs of the Cuban people.”

Cuba’s foreign minister, Bruno Rodriguez, responded, saying the “US government, particularly its embassy in #Cuba, should abstain from interfering in the internal affairs of our country and inciting social unrest.”
https://www.yahoo.com/news/cuba-hundreds-streets-rare-protests-181952571.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall
View Quote

Cuba 'on verge of total collapse' as country hit by blackouts and runs out of food and power

The crisis in Cuba has seen its government approach the United Nations for aid to address its food shortage, as residents take to the streets in a rare sign of social unrest

Cuba is "on the verge of total collapse" as the country has been hit by blackouts with residents taking to the streets calling for "food and power".

The crisis has seen the Cuban government approach the United Nations for aid to address its food shortage. As the Caribbean island goes through its harshest economic crisis in three decades, the communist regime is resorting to hitherto unseen cries for help to other countries.

The country has been hit by US restrictions, a weak tourism industry, and a decaying domestic product which has left the proud independent nation on it's knees. In an article for Bloomberg, author Juan Pablo Spinetto writes that the situation has brought about a rare display of social unrest.

He adds that last time it happened, in July 2021, the regime contained it with crushing force.

Spinetto writes that the economic situation is a huge challenge for the Communist Party of Cuba that has controlled the nation’s life since Fidel Castro’s revolution in 1959.

He says that despite the archaic embargo posted on the nation by the US during the Cold War, it is not responsible for the food shortage, since Cuba has been able to import more than $7 billion worth of agricultural produce since 2001.

Spinetto adds that the embargo is also not responsible for the departure of 5% of Cuba's population (more than half a million residents) between 2021 and 2023. He says: "These are young, educated Cubans escaping hunger, economic mismanagement and political repression."

Spinetto writes that the crisis can’t be fixed "without fundamentally changing the country’s centralized, state-controlled model where bureaucrats rule over every aspect of public life."

He adds: "That political change, which must come from within Cuban society, threatens the survival of the regime and the future of the revolution, an unacceptable risk for the well-fed old guard that still runs the country. That’s the essence of the conflict right now.

"This situation also represents a significant test for the region — and an opportunity too. Yet the most foreseeable scenario now is one of uncertainty and chaos."

He adds that in a bid to close an 18.5% of GDP budget hole and skyrocketing inflation, deeply unpopular austerity measures are being implemented by the government including a 500% gasoline hike.

Adding that Cuba is seeking new external help (such as the UN food request) and working to resurrect its tourism industry.

He said with the US presidential race well underway Cuba is low on its priorities, but some help could come from John Kavulich, president of the US-Cuba Trade and Economic Council.

Kavulich, Spinetto says, is "pushing for the US embassy to approve a list of small Cuban companies with which Americans could do business, fostering trade relationships within existing regulations and bans even as the current political deep freeze with the US continues."

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/us-news/cuba-on-verge-total-collapse-32389680
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:24:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Make sure you have water filtration covered.

US Warns of Cyberattacks Against Water Systems Throughout Nation

The Biden administration is warning states to be on guard for cyberattacks against water systems, citing ongoing threats from hackers linked to the governments of Iran and China.

“Disabling cyberattacks are striking water and wastewater systems throughout the United States,” Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Michael Regan and National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan wrote in a letter to governors made public Tuesday. “These attacks have the potential to disrupt the critical lifeline of clean and safe drinking water, as well as impose significant costs on affected communities.”

Hackers affiliated with the Iranian Government Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps have attacked drinking water systems, while a People’s Republic of China state-sponsored group, Volt Typhoon, has compromised information technology of drinking water and other critical infrastructure systems, the letter warned.

“Federal departments and agencies assess with high confidence that Volt Typhoon actors are pre-positioning themselves to disrupt critical infrastructure operations in the event of geopolitical tensions and/or military conflicts,” said the letter.

The water system is an especially vulnerable part of US infrastructure, fraught with weak controls, insufficient funding and staffing shortages. The EPA is the lead federal agency for ensuring the nation’s water sector is resilient to all threats and hazards.

In late November, an Iranian-backed hacking group attacked Israeli-made digital controls commonly used in the water and wastewater industries in the US, affecting multiple organizations across several states, Bloomberg News previously reported. While the incidents didn’t interfere with water quality or supplies, they highlighted contentious talks between the US government and municipal water associations over how best to protect the water supply.

“Drinking water and wastewater systems are an attractive target for cyberattacks because they are a lifeline critical infrastructure sector but often lack the resources and technical capacity to adopt rigorous cybersecurity practices,” said the letter, which invited state officials to a meeting Thursday to discuss the threat. “In many cases, even basic cybersecurity precautions — such as resetting default passwords or updating software to address known vulnerabilities — are not in place and can mean the difference between business as usual and a disruptive cyberattack.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-warns-cyberattacks-against-water-181349931.html
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:43:49 AM EDT
[#31]
It’s going to be bad.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:50:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Mass Illegal Immigration Being Used to Politically Transform US, Warns Elon Musk

Elon Musk, the owner of X, has been sounding the alarm about the border crisis and the impact of illegal immigration. He recently went on Don Lemon's show to talk about the census and how illegal immigration could give Democrats more votes.

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:37:56 PM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:48:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Parts of the U.S. are already like Haiti.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:59:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Bret Weinstein and Heather Heying on Whether Western Civilization Is About To Collapse

Bret Weinstein and Heather Heying on Whether Western Civilization Is About To Collapse

What is western civilization and is it on the verge of collapse?  Bret Weinstein and Heather Heying believe in our civilization's remarkable history of transcending genetic ties to foster cooperation among diverse groups, building a foundation for unprecedented success. However, they also warn of the inherent fragility of this system, highlighting how societal stresses can revert us to primal in-group preferences which, while inefficient, are the default-mode of a population in crisis. Our modern bureaucratic, credential-based system is starting to show its cracks, with superficial marks of ‘expertise’ superseding true merit and useful experience across government, education, and journalism. Will our civilization adapt and continue its track-record of success, or will it succumb to its flaws?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:30:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Our government is a gigantic, out of control wrecking ball!

THIS New Rule Could Make CRIMINALS Out of Small Business Owners
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:40:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 5:55:56 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

@Alacran

Where is original?

Note: This is one of the most info packed thread I have ever seen, rapid fire, hardly able to keep up.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:03:59 AM EDT
[#39]

The Biden administration is warning states to be on guard for cyberattacks against water systems, citing ongoing threats from hackers linked to the governments of Iran and China.

“Disabling cyberattacks are striking water and wastewater systems throughout the United States,” Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Michael Regan and National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan wrote in a letter to governors made public Tuesday. “These attacks have the potential to disrupt the critical lifeline of clean and safe drinking water, as well as impose significant costs on affected communities.”

Hackers affiliated with the Iranian Government Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps have attacked drinking water systems, while a People’s Republic of China state-sponsored group, Volt Typhoon, has compromised information technology of drinking water and other critical infrastructure systems, the letter warned.

“Federal departments and agencies assess with high confidence that Volt Typhoon actors are pre-positioning themselves to disrupt critical infrastructure operations in the event of geopolitical tensions and/or military conflicts,” said the letter.

The water system is an especially vulnerable part of US infrastructure, fraught with weak controls, insufficient funding and staffing shortages. The EPA is the lead federal agency for ensuring the nation’s water sector is resilient to all threats and hazards.

In late November, an Iranian-backed hacking group attacked Israeli-made digital controls commonly used in the water and wastewater industries in the US, affecting multiple organizations across several states, Bloomberg News previously reported. While the incidents didn’t interfere with water quality or supplies, they highlighted contentious talks between the US government and municipal water associations over how best to protect the water supply.

“Drinking water and wastewater systems are an attractive target for cyberattacks because they are a lifeline critical infrastructure sector but often lack the resources and technical capacity to adopt rigorous cybersecurity practices,” said the letter, which invited state officials to a meeting Thursday to discuss the threat. “In many cases, even basic cybersecurity precautions — such as resetting default passwords or updating software to address known vulnerabilities — are not in place and can mean the difference between business as usual and a disruptive cyberattack.”

View Quote

Amazing how critical that is and how overlooked it is.
Talked to a guy a couple weeks ago who sees what’s coming and has preps in place even down to gardening and a chicken coup. Asked about his water situation and he lives on a lake. Said he’d boil whatever he needed. I said “Every day? What’s that fuel source to boil water look like when the electricity goes out?” Huge hole.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:08:58 AM EDT
[#40]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J17K7jxxaSs

Elon Musk, the owner of X, has been sounding the alarm about the border crisis and the impact of illegal immigration. He recently went on Don Lemon's show to talk about the census and how illegal immigration could give Democrats more votes.

View Quote

Seen a few rumors last couple weeks that there are actually Democratic funded groups registering these people to vote. They’ve imported tens of millions of voters. This election is going to be a mess.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:16:29 AM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

They do that all the time and are conditioning them to that until 1 day it’s not just a “training” flight. They’re testing and monitoring Taiwans defensive posture thru electronic responses.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:16:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:17:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By RV-1:

@Alacran

Where is original?

Note: This is one of the most info packed thread I have ever seen, rapid fire, hardly able to keep up.
View All Quotes

@Alacran

Where is original?

But, but, but…..no one has starved to death yet.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:18:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Nailcrusher:

They do that all the time and are conditioning them to that until 1 day it’s not just a “training” flight. They’re testing and monitoring Taiwans defensive posture thru electronic responses.
View All Quotes

Oh yeah they want the island of productivity
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:23:22 AM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

There’s no way they capture that semi conductor industry intact. I wouldn’t put it past our government to have launch coordinates for those factories if Taiwans fall appeared imminent.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:25:50 AM EDT
[#46]

Seen a few rumors last couple weeks that there are actually Democratic funded groups registering these people to vote. They’ve imported tens of millions of voters. This election is going to be a mess.
View Quote

Most likely the strategically placed ones in swing districts for sure.  Dem harvesters will face time them to collect ballots .
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:47:44 AM EDT
[#47]

@Alacran

Where is original?

View All Quotes

@Alacran

Where is original?

@RV-1

There are several here with different announcement scenarios.  Some are funny, some are just too downright freaky and surreal.  For me, the Texas one was somewhere in the middle.

https://www.youtube.com/@alertworld/featured

That’s quite a complement and I appreciate it very much.  .

Frankly, it’s getting harder for me to keep up, too.  I see more and more stories that are a week old or older that I’ve missed.  Not that I covered everything before, but I do feel that things are increasing in frequency and in scope in more places around the world.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:10:48 PM EDT
[#48]
One of the positives happening right now are the reduced wait times on a Form 4.  Time from efile submission to approval: 24 hours 47 minutes.  If you want or need another suppressor, the time is now.

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:25:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran] [#49]

Talked to a guy a couple weeks ago who sees what’s coming and has preps in place even down to gardening and a chicken coup. Asked about his water situation and he lives on a lake. Said he’d boil whatever he needed. I said “Every day? What’s that fuel source to boil water look like when the electricity goes out?” Huge hole.
View All Quotes

Yes, I kind of even went overboard with water filtration in this thread.

Dirty water can kill or really mess you up and that will be extremely critical if/when things go to shit, figuratively and literally.

I get the impression that there may be some new followers to this thread so I’ll repost some information that found helpful.

I found the video below extremely informative and empowering.  The Sawyer water filter is not that expensive and usually goes for about $20/ea.  It looks like Walmart has two for $31.20 right now.  That’s a great deal!  Just do a search for -    Sawyer SP8101  - and the twin pack will come up along with other Sawyer products.

Is it the end all filtration device that filters everything, no, it does not filter viruses but it has helped people in some pretty rough parts of the world and will go a long way as you will see in the video.  This may be the third time I’ve posted this video in this thread, but if anyone has anything else to add here, please do.

Why This is the Last Water Filter I'll Ever Buy!

https://youtu.be/IY04s2RjFQo?si=YBupYC-0k-0YVLYv
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:46:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran] [#50]

One of the positives happening right now are the reduced wait times on a Form 4.  Time from efile submission to approval: 24 hours 47 minutes.  If you want or need another suppressor, the time is now.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJNNdBbX0AAa6Ws?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

View Quote

I agree with this post.  

Even though I’ve felt like I’ve prepped for decades in the self defense department, there’s always holes in things that I realize or find out about later.  Have the tools you need before you need them.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 261
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top