Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2004 10:13:06 AM EDT
Half the folks I work with are under mandatory evac by 6pm and have left work already.  

If anyone needs help in some way - post here.

I'm in a non-evac in Largo and I've got three other families moving in for a couple days.  

We've got trucks and chainsaws, so if you need assitance, post-charley, IM or e-mail me.

If anyone wants to swap phone numbers, put your willingness to do so in your post along with your locale so you guys can help fellow ArfCommers in your area.
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 10:42:34 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Half the folks I work with are under mandatory evac by 6pm and have left work already.  

I'm in a non-evac in Largo and I've got three other families moving in for a couple days.  

We've got trucks and chainsaws, so if you need assitance, post-charley, IM or e-mail me.

If anyone wants to swap phone numbers, put your willingness to do so in your post along with your locale so you guys can help fellow ArfCommers in your area.

No offense intended, but if somebody has hurricane prep to do and they're just sitting around on ARFCOM, they have bigger problems than you're probably qualified to handle.

But way to be a productive ARFCOM guy!
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 10:43:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Take care and stay safe guys/gals.

Link Posted: 8/12/2004 10:56:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No offense intended, but if somebody has hurricane prep to do and they're just sitting around on ARFCOM, they have bigger problems than you're probably qualified to handle.

But way to be a productive ARFCOM guy!

Thanks for the compliment.  One of the great things about ArfCom is the willingness of the people here to do things ouside the Matrix, in the real world.  

Sometimes knowing there is someone else in your neighborhood you didn't even realize was there, is a help.  Read StreyrAug's post about having to walk around his neighborhood for three days and chase looters before the NG moved in.  

There are people stuck at work who may need someone to do something small for them like grab extra sandbags or loan a couple coolers.

There may be folks new to the area who have no friggin clue of how to prepare and just need to get advice.

Guys may be forced to evac a couple hours away, but want someone to check out there place after the storm.

Cell phones are already overloaded here - my wife tried for an hour to get me just now.  Web access may be the only way in the next few days to keep tabs.

Just tryin to be productive
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 1:42:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Read StreyrAug's post about having to walk around his neighborhood for three days and chase looters before the NG moved in.  

I would very much like to read those.  Please link me/us.

Stainless
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 1:45:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Im in the GREEN zone. evac area C, but I think we are goin to stay put, see what happens, not much I can do but wait it out. I have a couple cans of food and a couple bottles of water, I think there is a flashlight somewhere and ive got an old Jennings .25 for the looters.
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 2:23:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Im in the GREEN zone. evac area C, but I think we are goin to stay put, see what happens, not much I can do but wait it out. I have a couple cans of food and a couple bottles of water, I think there is a flashlight somewhere and ive got an old Jennings .25 for the looters.

you really should upgrade to a .22 rifle and a .38
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 2:24:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you really should upgrade to a .22 rifle and a .38

Only if i win the lotto.
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 2:38:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Im in largo also right off 102nd and oakhurst where ya at  bay eagle ?  Frigin roads are a mess right  now  keep me posted if any afcomers need help  call me at my bus number always answer it
727-596-5946.    ........Schorn
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 2:57:37 PM EDT
[#9]
good luck guys, when is the eta of the storm
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 4:13:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Im in largo also right off 102nd and oakhurst where ya at  bay eagle ?  Frigin roads are a mess right  now  keep me posted if any afcomers need help  call me at my bus number always answer it
727-596-5946.    ........Schorn

see that?  small world.  we're near taylor lake.

Quoted:
good luck guys, when is the eta of the storm

looks like it'll get snotty by midday with landfall around here about 6pm.

BTW- 380,000 in our county alone are ordered to evac. THE BIGGEST PEACETIME EVAC IN HISTORY   WOW!  here is the bridge going east this afternoon:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top