BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 28
Posted: 8/27/2023 12:23:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TOTHEMAX]
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:09:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ZitiForBreakfast] [#1]
The UofM vs MSU game is seriously entertaining today. They're banging.

ETA:

My wife went to State before she graduated from Northwood. My daughter graduated from State.

It was a great game to watch. Mich beat State 5 to 2..

Check out this pass..

Link Posted: 4/1/2024 7:37:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ZitiForBreakfast:

ETA:

My wife went to State before she graduated from Northwood. My daughter graduated from State.

Check out this pass..

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/1/2024 5:48:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ZitiForBreakfast:

ETA:

Check out this pass..

View Quote

That was sweet!!

The creativity in the game these days is mind blowing.

Go Blue.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:43:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:55:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By TOTHEMAX:
Wings!
View Quote

Wow, that was rough but awesome. Totally did not expect it, but welcome.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:58:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Has anyone heard any updates about Husso? The guy who’s supposed to be the Wings’ real #1 goalie?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 12:16:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 12:31:05 PM EDT
[#8]

I liked Lalonde but he hasn’t panned out even with a very - on paper - solid (not good, not great) team that lacks consistency.

Yzerman’s done his part by assembling the team… players by and large have done alright but need coaching to be consistent…

Lalonde is the last puzzle piece. I don’t know what goes on behind closed doors but I’ve said in this thread, what happened at the trade deadline that resulted in this skid that we’re now scrambling back from.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 2:29:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By macman37:

I liked Lalonde but he hasn’t panned out even with a very - on paper - solid (not good, not great) team that lacks consistency.

Yzerman’s done his part by assembling the team… players by and large have done alright but need coaching to be consistent…

Lalonde is the last puzzle piece. I don’t know what goes on behind closed doors but I’ve said in this thread, what happened at the trade deadline that resulted in this skid that we’re now scrambling back from.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I’ve read no fewer than 4 other reports now about this very thing… I’m thinking this isn’t just smoke anymore, it’s a fire under Lalonde’s ass to get the guys more prepared every game, all game.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 3:34:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 4:07:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Mathews with his 62nd last night
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 8:42:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 8:52:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Stars still chugging along.

Learn from the Rangers. Bring back the Cup.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 12:22:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:00:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 7:13:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pasquale91] [#16]
Yardsale at MSG!

132 PIM and 8 game misconducts in the first 2 seconds of the game!
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 7:53:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By pasquale91:
Yardsale at MSG!

132 PIM and 8 game misconducts in the first 2 seconds of the game!
View Quote

Someone put on the foil
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 7:59:49 PM EDT
[#18]
GOTTA SEE IT: Rangers And Devils Engage In A Line Brawl Moments After Puck Drop
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:01:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:

Someone put on the foil
View Quote

Every game, want some?
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:20:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Every game, want some?
View All Quotes

Someone put on the foil

Every game, want some?

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:52:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Hahahaha

Devils suck!

Only ahead of Columbus in the Metro. LMAO
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:02:18 AM EDT
[#22]
The start of the Devs / Rangers game was lively , retaliation for Rempe's cheap  hit (actually two hits) last time they played
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:57:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:59:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By creeper45:
The start of the Devs / Rangers game was lively , retaliation for Rempe's cheap  hit (actually two hits) last time they played
View Quote

The Devils’ tough guy fed him his lunch.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:06:22 AM EDT
[#25]

The Devils' tough guy fed him his lunch.
View All Quotes

The Devils' tough guy fed him his lunch.
Agreed
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:41:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Blue Jackets captain Boone Jenner's son was stillborn at 8 months. I couldn't imagine the pain they are going through

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:56:39 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote
Living rent free . LOL
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:57:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Saw that yesterday  absolutely awful.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:34:43 AM EDT
[#29]

what is going on... Dylan Larkin and his wife just lost a baby mid-late term a few months ago too. So sad.

Maybe they're just being more open about it but I can't remember ever seeing a couple of players lose babies in the same season.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 11:33:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 12:04:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 12:13:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By helmet91:
Living rent free . LOL
View All Quotes
Living rent free . LOL
Rent free lol . You think a 5 on 5 fight 2 seconds into the game has nothing to do with what guys who play the game  consider cheap hits ?  What  happened  last night was  decided as soon as the horn sounded after the last game.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 12:17:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Rent free lol . You think a 5 on 5 fight 2 seconds into the game has nothing to do with what guys who play the game  consider cheap hits ?  What  happened  last night was  decided as soon as the horn sounded after the last game.  
View All Quotes
Living rent free . LOL

No doubt. Rempe knew what was up. He wasn't even lined up for the faceoff.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 12:20:23 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes
Living rent free . LOL

There is a book called "The Code" that talks about stuff like this in hockey , Ive been trying to find the printed version to read .
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 12:27:08 PM EDT
[#35]
There is a book called "The Code" that talks about stuff like this in hockey , Ive been trying to find the printed version to read .
View All Quotes
Living rent free . LOL

Yeah. It's a pretty good read. It explains a lot how rivalries (personal and team) are made. One thing that happens early in a season or even seasons previous can lead to things like this.

I'd like to see an updated version though. I am a big hockey fight fan and love to see two guys throwing, but anymore a good, solid check that the recipient should go "damn, you got me" and file it away for a response check, becomes a guy who took a clean hit and jumps up to fight the guy who threw it. It's stupid and frankly childish.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 12:30:00 PM EDT
[#36]

Yeah. It's a pretty good read. It explains a lot how rivalries (personal and team) are made. One thing that happens early in a season or even seasons previous can lead to things like this.

I'd like to see an updated version though. I am a big hockey fight fan and love to see two guys throwing, but anymore a good, solid check that the recipient should go "damn, you got me" and file it away for a response check, becomes a guy who took a clean hit and jumps up to fight the guy who threw it. It's stupid and frankly childish.
View Quote
I saw an interview where guys from each team met in the tunnel before the game after a previous cheap shot ,  and laid out who was fighting who at the start .
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 12:38:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Oshie out at least tonight vs Shitsburg and tomorrow at Carolina. I'm attending tomorrow and it will be the fourth game in a row he's been out at Carolina while I'm in attendance.
https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2024/04/04/tj-oshie-ruled-out-of-capitals-next-two-games-reportedly-saw-team-doctor-during-morning-skate/
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 12:45:14 PM EDT
[#38]
While I enjoy a good hockey fight, the staged fights between team goons are stupid.  I'm glad that the team goon who couldn't actually play hockey is largely a thing of the past.  

My favorite fighters of all time (at least, my time) were Mike Fisher and Shea Weber.  Neither were fighters, but if you pissed them off enough, they would administer an ass wooping.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:50:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Old time hockey!
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 2:04:20 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote
Yeah  100% rent free. NJ has had their panties in a twist since day one. Even went out and got MacDermid for two games that mean nothing because the Devils' season is shit this year.

Looks like what NYR did after the Wilson hair toss of Panarin  except they ended up with Reeves.

I have no problem with fights, the code or whatever else. I just found Jersey's response hilarious. Glad Green didn't pop a blood vessel.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 2:56:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Yeah  100% rent free. NJ has had their panties in a twist since day one. Even went out and got MacDermid for two games that mean nothing because the Devils' season is shit this year.

Looks like what NYR did after the Wilson hair toss of Panarin  except they ended up with Reeves.

I have no problem with fights, the code or whatever else. I just found Jersey's response hilarious. Glad Green didn't pop a blood vessel.
View All Quotes

This stuff been going on forever , whether signing guys at the deadline or bringing up goons from the AHL , all part of the game
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:49:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 5:44:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By TOTHEMAX:
We have landed in Detroit!
View Quote

Welcome!

May you bring good luck.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:03:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TOTHEMAX] [#44]
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:23:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HamonRye] [#45]
This stuff been going on forever , whether signing guys at the deadline or bringing up goons from the AHL , all part of the game
View Quote

Yep and dedicated problem solvers are necessary.  Without them the other team will run your skilled players with no fear of reprisal.    Take vancouver for example.. they don't have an ice cop so they have to fend for themselves.   And risk their leading scorer getting hurt while sticking up for a teammate that just got laid out (last night) or at the least spending time in the box and not on the ice possibly scoring..  

fucking tocchett.. just cause he was a rarity as 100/200 guy,   doesn't mean everyone can fight.. shit,  he better have a plan to protect his guys real quick or he'll be watching the playoffs from home after the first round in 4 games

Gino odjick is rolling over in his grave

Sorry,  rant over..  

ETA:  I just looked it up and believe there has only been three 100/200 guys  Kevin Stevens,, Rick tocchett,  and Brendan Shanahan. I thought there were a couple more (Wendel Clark maybe) but could only find those 3..
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:39:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:47:05 PM EDT
[#47]

Yuuuup
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 7:22:39 AM EDT
[#48]
That was a huge win for the Pens, and a huge loss for the Caps

Makes me think the Pens will make the playoffs and the Caps won’t.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 11:41:06 AM EDT
[#49]
That was a huge win for the Pens, and a huge loss for the Caps

Makes me think the Pens will make the playoffs and the Caps won’t.
View Quote

It ain't over yet.

Fingers crossed. Lol
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 12:47:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Right now I just want Ovie to get 3 more goals

Getting into the playoffs would just be icing on the cake
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 28
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top