Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2004 10:31:44 AM EDT
I don't think it's the style or type of service here, its the issue of what's separates them (LE) from us.  Supposedly the average citizen should come first: isn't that what the US of A founded for? BTW,  I totally support "The Hun":  Go Eric!!!

Let the flaming begin!!!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:52:12 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I don't think it's the style or type of service here, its the issue of what's separates them (LE) from us.  Supposedly the average citizen should come first: isn't that what the US of A founded for? BTW,  I totally support "The Hun":  Go Eric!!!

An LEO is an "average" citizen-an "average" citizen that if KIA died for the public good.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:56:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:03:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do not care about your sexual habits.  If you die while helping others then you, your employer and your friends and family arrange for any sort of funeral you want.  If however you pin on a badge and go into the business of solving other people's problems, then expect that we might want to honor your willingness to do so should you fall to a criminal attack.

Shotar, logic's falling on deaf ears-they hate us, and even begrudge formal funerals for officers KIA.  Any and all arguments are futile.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:03:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Nope, you're an average citizen... you're not looking out for anyone but yourself, you're not helping your community, you're not doing anyone any good but you.  Therefore, you get an average funeral with your friends and family and no one other than them to mourn the loss of a selfless, heroic human being who gave his life for his city, country and community.  With that logic, military shouldn't be any more special then either.  Forget that they defended your country so you could live your selfish little life.

Go do some community service.  MLK Jr. didn't sit on his butt 'n whine like you, he went out and did something.  And look, he got his own day!!  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:09:52 PM EDT
[#5]
49 posts in two years.  Really need to upgrade those troll accounts.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:33:39 PM EDT
[#6]
[I do not care about your sexual habits.  

What kind of idiotic response is that, some dumbass personal attack?  If you noticed I didn't take a stand on this issue, only separated the issue into it's elements.  I've been in law enforcement before and I didn't do it so people could faun over me.  If LEO is you maybe we need to rethink our policies.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:42:04 PM EDT
[#7]
look out the just made post number 50! At this rate he should hit 100 by the time he graduates high school.
Therefore :

However before you go I would like to present you with this:

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:52:20 PM EDT
[#8]
same to you. any thing better to do than cheap insults?  seems theres a lot of low brow people around.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:53:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:09:24 PM EDT
[#10]
thanks Bull_8, I needed the laugh.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:25:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What kind of idiotic response is that, some dumbass personal attack?  If you noticed I didn't take a stand on this issue, only separated the issue into it's elements.

You "took a stand" because you restarted a topic that was already locked, and did so with an obvious purpose in mind, namely to slam officers' funerals.You clearly state that you support Eric, a proven cop hating Lawyer by the nature of his posts.

I've been in law enforcement before and I didn't do it so people could faun over me.  If LEO is you maybe we need to rethink our policies.

I would be curious what kind of law enforcement, and I am willing to bet that you washed out.
I don't know any officers who took this job to be fawned over, and quite frankly, anyone that did wouldn't last long ( like you) and would probably run for the door before their second anniversary.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:13:17 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do not care about your sexual habits.  If you die while helping others then you, your employer and your friends and family arrange for any sort of funeral you want.  If however you pin on a badge and go into the business of solving other people's problems, then expect that we might want to honor your willingness to do so should you fall to a criminal attack.

Further, find me where LEO's have said that lumberjacks, coal miners, accountants, doctors or any other group can't put on whatever funeral that they want.

If lumberjacks want to honor a fallen co-worker with a large funeral prossesion, and a 21 axe salute I'm all for it. Nor will I whine if traffic is blocked while that person makes their final journey. I will respect him, and the people who have coem to remember him.

Is that simple amount of common courtesy too much to ask?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:16:18 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
same to you. any thing better to do than cheap insults?  seems theres a lot of low brow people around.

Coming from the guy that started this thread with an insulting post, about honoring the dead.

No one could surpass you for low brow, or cheap insults.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:16:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Shotar, logic's falling on deaf ears-they hate us, and even begrudge formal funerals for officers KIA.  Any and all arguments are futile.

BULL FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!

We don't hate you!  We hate the fact you THINK you are better then us and above the law!

THATS THE FUCKING ISSUES!

If a cop dies...bury him like everyone else.

You're not fucking special!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:29:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Actually, I would preffer a Norse/Viking funeral.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:44:36 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Actually, I would preffer a Norse/Viking funeral.

You just made me spit my oj on the keyboard. Now that you mention it, I guess I should start building my Pyramid.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:52:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:57:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:01:15 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Post from tcsd1236 -

You clearly state that you support Eric, a proven cop hating Lawyer by the nature of his posts.

I was determined to stay out of this thread.

Your bald faced lie, tcsd126 has caused me to enter solely to call you a LIAR.

Are your official reports full of lies, as well?

I hate no one, least of all law enforcement officers.

Some of my best friends are LEOs, but, you know, I never think of them as LEOs.

So by that sentence were you trying to prove or disprove tcsd126's point?

I simply think of them as fellow citizens.

Why good for you. Do you think you should be telling fellow citizens how they should do certain things, so it is to your liking? Do you think you should be able to make life decsions for people you don't know?

If a bunch of fellow citizens, want ot have a picnic, or funeral to thier liking, why is it any of your business?

Now, if they ranted and raved all the live long day about being LEOs, and how that gives them special privileges, then I might think about NOT having them as friends, at all.

Most of the ranting and raving on the board, often by people too lazy or stupid to read and comprehend what was posted prior to them is not by LEO's, or FF's, or Military folks. A lot of the ranting and raving seems to be coming from much different places.

It's funny on a site that says it supports the 2nd Amendment, while being against the AW, and other "pre-crime" type measures, will revert to those exact same arguements when LEO's say they should have an AR-15 or other weapons that may be needed to perfrom their duties. All of a sudden those VPC arguements ring true................

Look at post after post about AW polls that must be "hit". Threads about anti-2nd, or anti-AW comments made by talking heads, FFL's etc.

Don't see the LEO's ranting, like that.

But they don't. It's like they are human or something. And have a very full and well-rounded life.

And I'm sure they would be very disapointed if they say your "little man" posts. (Napoleon Complex).

That's a good point, LEO's deserve the same respect as any other human.

Unlike some LEOs on this Board!

Who wear their badges and their cuffs to bed.

I'm not sure who you are talking about or how you came by that information.

I've been in law enforcement before and I didn't do it so people could faun(sp) "fawn" over me.

Man, I would surely hope you weren't that venial and shallow!

But liars mostly are, and, remember, you are a liar!

Eric The(Truthful,AsAlways)Hun
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:27:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Personal attacks--let's NOT have a Round III.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top