Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 53
Posted: 3/13/2024 11:14:46 AM EDT
New league year goes into effect at 4pm EST today.

2023 Thread

Important upcoming off-season dates:
  • March 24-27: Annual League Meeting
  • April 1: Teams with new coaches may begin off-season programs
  • April 15: Teams with returning coaches may begin off-season programs
  • April 25: NFL Draft
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 10:48:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
Originally Posted By 4q2:
Originally Posted By dirtytim:
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:
Originally Posted By RSG:

Money talks and bullshit walks.  

The Chiefs will end up finding someone to build them a new stadium.  It just may be in another part of the country.

I bet San Antonio would .
.  City could make a mint if they did . Again , IMO

The Chiefs aren’t going anywhere. The vote was about building a downtown stadium for the Royals. The Chiefs saw an opportunity and tried piggybacking on for some cash. If they hold another election, and just address the Chiefs wants, it would pass. Asking for a downtown stadium, which would logistically be a giant pain in the ass, for a team that loses 100 games per year, was a never going to happen proposition.

Yeah , I know . But San Antonio has been wanting a team from the NFL or MLB  for a while now . In my not so informed opinion .

https://y.yarn.co/5520c819-5509-4ea2-a8a1-250fd3393c04_text.gif

. Yes , I know . But that area would spend a shitload  of money on stadiums for either .
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:33:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Yeah , I know . But San Antonio has been wanting a team from the NFL or MLB  for a while now . In my not so informed opinion .
View Quote
Jerry jones might fight harder to stop a team in San Antonio than another team being in Dallas
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:37:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:42:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:50:15 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

I bet guys in their 20s and 30s love that.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:54:01 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

really, whats the point of that?  I dont get it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:54:26 AM EDT
[#7]
The Jaguars and pass-rusher Josh Allen reached agreement Wednesday on a five-year, $150 million contract that includes $88 million guaranteed, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:08:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Requiem:
The Jaguars and pass-rusher Josh Allen reached agreement Wednesday on a five-year, $150 million contract that includes $88 million guaranteed, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.
View Quote
Garbage franchise.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:10:25 AM EDT
[#9]
7 of the 9 tagged players have reached long-term deals:
  • Jaguars' Josh Allen: 5-years, $150 million
  • Giants' Brian Burns (trade): 5-years, $141M
  • Titans' L'Jarius Sneed (trade): 4-years, $76.4M
  • Ravens' Justin Madubuike: 4-years, $98M
  • Bears' Jaylon Johnson: 4-years, $76M
  • Colts' Michael Pittman Jr.: 3-years, $70M
  • Patriots' Kyle Dugger: 4-years, $58M
Antoine Winfield Jr. and Tee Higgens are the two men out.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:38:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Via New York Post: Terrell Suggs arrested for assault in Arizona

Suggs was arrested Tuesday for an incident reported on March 10. The 41-year-old Suggs was charged with one count of assault and one count of offenses against public order, court records show.

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:43:01 AM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

This is just my guess (but based on my experience in college and beyond), it's to put pressure on the naturally talented guys to perform up to their abilities.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:32:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:

This is just my guess (but based on my experience in college and beyond), it's to put pressure on the naturally talented guys to perform up to their abilities.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:

That's an optimistic perspective.

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:52:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Russell Wilson in an interview with Essence, "to be able to play for Mike Tomlin; to stand side by side with him and try to accomplish all the goals that I want to accomplish with the Steelers organization, and what that represents for the NFL, is one of the greatest gifts in the world."
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 1:22:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By David_ESM:
Russell Wilson in an interview with Essence, "to be able to play for Mike Tomlin; to stand side by side with him and try to accomplish all the goals that I want to accomplish with the Steelers organization, and what that represents for the NFL, is one of the greatest gifts in the world."
View Quote

Oh God please be garbage again.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 1:33:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:

This, plus let Fields ball out.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 1:37:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Brazil game will be Packers vs Eagles
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 1:48:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Brazil game will be Packers vs Eagles
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:44:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Via New York Post: Terrell Suggs arrested for assault in Arizona

Suggs was arrested Tuesday for an incident reported on March 10. The 41-year-old Suggs was charged with one count of assault and one count of offenses against public order, court records show.

https://nypost.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2024/04/terrell-suggs-mugshot-suggs-41-79821906.jpg?quality=75&strip=all
View Quote

I read he pulled a gun, is that true ?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:47:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bennjammin] [#19]
7 of the 9 tagged players have reached long-term deals:
  • Jaguars' Josh Allen: 5-years, $150 million
  • Giants' Brian Burns (trade): 5-years, $141M
  • Titans' L'Jarius Sneed (trade): 4-years, $76.4M
  • Ravens' Justin Madubuike: 4-years, $98M
  • Bears' Jaylon Johnson: 4-years, $76M
  • Colts' Michael Pittman Jr.: 3-years, $70M
  • Patriots' Kyle Dugger: 4-years, $58M
Antoine Winfield Jr. and Tee Higgens are the two men out.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:48:17 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:51:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By LoadedDrum:

View Quote

But Fields can’t ball.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:59:32 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 3:08:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: David_ESM] [#23]
Originally Posted By Bennjammin:

View Quote
TMZ  update says he brandished a firearm and threatened to kill someone at a Starbucks in Scottsdale.

TLDR: He bumped another car in the drive thru, they both got out and argued then eventually got back into their cars. Suggs flipped the guy the bird when he was about to leave, which kicked off another argument. Suggs challenged the guy to a fight before calling him a "pussy ass cracker" and adding "I'll kill your bitch ass." He then reportedly flashed a gun out his window while driving away.

Wasn't pointed at anyone, just flashed it. The other guy then called the cops after the flash. Incident occurred on March 10th, Suggs was then arrested after being pulled over for a traffic violation and the warrant popped up.

Suggs' has now made a response through his attorney claiming he was the one in danger and pulled his firearm while in fear of his safety.

"I was in a quiet area of Scottsdale in the middle of the day in a Starbucks drive-thru near my home when an incident happened with a vehicle behind me. I was getting coffee, I was not looking for any trouble."

"I feared for my safety not knowing what his intentions were. Throughout the incident, I was the one who felt in danger, while fearing I would be followed home and for the safety of my family nearby at my residence."
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 3:18:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By GenYRevolverGuy:

View Quote

Boooo
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 3:31:49 PM EDT
[#25]
TMZ  update says he brandished a firearm and threatened to kill someone at a Starbucks in Scottsdale.

TLDR: He bumped another car in the drive thru, they both got out and argued then eventually got back into their cars. Suggs flipped the guy the bird when he was about to leave, which kicked off another argument. Suggs challenged the guy to a fight before calling him a "pussy ass cracker" and adding "I'll kill your bitch ass." He then reportedly flashed a gun out his window while driving away.

Wasn't pointed at anyone, just flashed it. The other guy then called the cops after the flash. Incident occurred on March 10th, Suggs was then arrested after being pulled over for a traffic violation and the warrant popped up.

Suggs' has now made a response through his attorney claiming he was the one in danger and pulled his firearm while in fear of his safety.

"I was in a quiet area of Scottsdale in the middle of the day in a Starbucks drive-thru near my home when an incident happened with a vehicle behind me. I was getting coffee, I was not looking for any trouble."

"I feared for my safety not knowing what his intentions were. Throughout the incident, I was the one who felt in danger, while fearing I would be followed home and for the safety of my family nearby at my residence."
View All Quotes

In spite of being in such fear, he didn't call the cops.

In spite of being a former NFL linebacker, he was scared of a "pussy ass cracker" rando in Scottsdale.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 3:34:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Maverick52:

Boooo
View Quote
  • Good news. Not much of a time zone difference, only 2 hours.
  • Good news. Packers are one of the biggest teams in Brazil. Will be an away game/neutral game on paper. But will definitely have more local Packers fans.
  • Bad news. Will have to travel out of Milwaukee or Chicago (instead of Green Bay) due to fuel load/jet size to make the flight. So add another couple hours for either bussing to Milwaukee or flying to Chicago first.
  • Bad news. Around 11-12 hour flight time (CHI or MIL) and they definitely won't have a bye the week after.
  • Will be the first time the Packers have opened the season vs the Eagles since 2010 (Super Bowl).
  • Will be the sixth straight season the Packers opened as the away team.
  • Bad news. Another Peacock exclusive game.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 3:37:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By PossumKing:

In spite of being in such fear, he didn't call the cops.
In spite of being a former NFL linebacker, he was scared of a "pussy ass cracker" rando in Scottsdale.
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/tenor-817.gif
View Quote
I love that he included he was afraid for his family who lived nearby.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 3:47:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Video in the Tweet with a slightly longer discussion.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 4:13:50 PM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GK0yX2QWAAAYrG0?format=png&name=small

Have been ignoring most of the steeler news.

Still trying to decide on who to follow this season.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 5:20:14 PM EDT
[#30]
ESPN and Omaha Productions (Peyton Manning) have come to terms on a long-term contract agreement. Will extend Monday Night Football with Peyton and Eli, Peyton's Places and Eli's Places through 2034. Adds 9 additional years to the current contract.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 5:34:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Hamiltbl2:

But Fields can’t ball.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hamiltbl2:

But Fields can’t ball.

Not on the Bears, but at Ohio State he could.

Let's be real here. If the Bears had drafted Mahomes instead of Trubisky, Mahomes would have had his career stalled out or destroyed, just like every other QB the Bears touch.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 5:44:57 PM EDT
[#32]

Let's be real here. If the Bears had drafted Mahomes instead of Trubisky, Mahomes would have had his career stalled out or destroyed, just like every other QB the Bears touch.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 5:45:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 5:55:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: David_ESM] [#34]
Via WFAA ABC News Dallas: Arrest warrant issued for Chiefs WR Rashee Rice in multi-vehicle Dallas crash, sources say

DALLAS - An arrest warrant has been issued for Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Rashee Rice in connection to his involvement in a multi-vehicle crash on U.S. 75 in late March, sources tell WFAA.

Rice, 23, now faces eight charges in the case -- six counts of collision involving bodily injury, one count of collision involving serious bodily injury and one count of aggravated assault, according to the arrest warrant.

Some other info from the article, some I didn't know:

According to the police report obtained by WFAA, a total of six people were split between the Lamborghini and the Corvette that were speeding on 75 northbound just before 6:30 p.m. on March 30. The luxury cars lost control and caused a crash that involved six vehicles.

All of the occupants of the Lamborghini and Corvette fled the scene, leaving multiple victims behind without exchanging information or insurance, and without checking to make sure everyone was OK.  

The police report also said marijuana was found in both cars, as well as credit cards, a $16,500 check, a diamond chain and the playbook for the Kansas City Chiefs.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote
I think fields would have benefited from sitting on the bench for two or three years IF he would have a good qb coach.

Ohio state qbs do not do good in the nfl.

Right on target for mahomie if he had been drafted by the bears.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 7:47:34 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

And the Jets. At some point, if you are a top level QB draft prospect, you have to pull an Eli Manning or John Elway and refuse to play for shitty organizations.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:06:53 PM EDT
[#37]

The police report also said marijuana was found in both cars, as well as credit cards, a $16,500 check, a diamond chain and the playbook for the Kansas City Chiefs.[/i]
View Quote

Bill Belichick just submitted a FOIA request…
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:58:08 PM EDT
[#38]

The police report also said marijuana was found in both cars, as well as credit cards, a $16,500 check, a diamond chain and the playbook for the Kansas City Chiefs.[/i]
View Quote

Dang it, a rare chance to realize you have something of uncommon value, and you don't leak in online.  Oh well.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:42:10 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Or we could be real and say there is a long and storied history of Ohio State QBs that failed in the NFL.

There is some truth to the statement that bad teams ruin good QBs. It’s also true that great college teams mask a QBs limitations.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 10:50:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Notcalifornialegal] [#40]
OJ Simpson gone

Norm Macdonald Constant Shitting on OJ Simpson
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 12:35:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Video in the Tweet with a slightly longer discussion.
View Quote

Classic Boston to rip a guy when he’s out. I know Bill was an hardass, he’s still imho the greatest coach I’ve ever seen.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 12:37:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Go home Russell, you’re drunk.

Attachment Attached File

My fav response.

Link Posted: 4/11/2024 12:38:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Via WFAA ABC News Dallas: Arrest warrant issued for Chiefs WR Rashee Rice in multi-vehicle Dallas crash, sources say

DALLAS - An arrest warrant has been issued for Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Rashee Rice in connection to his involvement in a multi-vehicle crash on U.S. 75 in late March, sources tell WFAA.

Rice, 23, now faces eight charges in the case -- six counts of collision involving bodily injury, one count of collision involving serious bodily injury and one count of aggravated assault, according to the arrest warrant.

According to the police report obtained by WFAA, a total of six people were split between the Lamborghini and the Corvette that were speeding on 75 northbound just before 6:30 p.m. on March 30. The luxury cars lost control and caused a crash that involved six vehicles.

All of the occupants of the Lamborghini and Corvette fled the scene, leaving multiple victims behind without exchanging information or insurance, and without checking to make sure everyone was OK.  

The police report also said marijuana was found in both cars, as well as credit cards, a $16,500 check, a diamond chain and the playbook for the Kansas City Chiefs.
View Quote

You still gotta prove it’s his weed!
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 12:47:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TinSpinner] [#44]
Cam Newton seems a little sore about the Falcons choosing Cousins instead of him, he has a very high opinion of himself as usual:

Link Posted: 4/11/2024 1:37:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By akcaribouhunter:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By akcaribouhunter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GK0yX2QWAAAYrG0?format=png&name=small

Come be a Cowboys fan. We know the season is over after week 2 of the playoffs. Low expectations are a great way to follow a sports team!
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 2:13:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zach_] [#46]

View Quote

So, how does the insurance handle this? Two of the vehicles belong  to Rice. One was a lease. IIRC, no payout when 2 vehicles under the same insured person pay in an accident..
Any insurance peeps here?
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 2:40:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By zach_:

So, how does the insurance handle this? Two of the vehicles belong  to Rice. One was a lease. IIRC, no payout when 2 vehicles under the same insured person pay in an accident..
View All Quotes

This is total speculation on my part, but assuming both vehicles had comprehensive coverage, I'd expect insurance to provide coverage up to the limits.

I would think a HUGE percentage of insurance claims are either:
A) the covered individual was a moron and caused a bunch of damage
B) someone else was a moron and caused a bunch of damage, but they either were uninsured, didn't stick around, or both

Unless there's fine print in one or both policies excluding street racing, he's probably covered like everyone else.

Where I would expect claims to be denied is in intentional acts of destruction. If Rice lit his Corvette on fire, he's probably getting charges of insurance fraud instead of a payout.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 2:46:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zach_] [#48]

This is total speculation on my part, but assuming both vehicles had comprehensive coverage, I'd expect insurance to provide coverage up to the limits.

B) someone else was a moron and caused a bunch of damage, but they either were uninsured, didn't stick around, or both

Unless there's fine print in one or both policies excluding street racing, he's probably covered like everyone else.

Where I would expect claims to be denied is in intentional acts of destruction. If Rice lit his Corvette on fire, he's probably getting charges of insurance fraud instead of a payout.
View All Quotes

In the late 70s in Indiana, my sister backed into another one of our cars in the driveway. Insurance did not pay for the repairs.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 2:49:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Go home Russell, you're drunk.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/312684/IMG_6204_jpeg-3184941.JPG

My fav response.

View Quote
He is dumber than a box of rocks.

He is forgetting QB Doug Williams of the Redskins.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#50]

In the late 70s in Indiana, my sister backed into another one of our cars in the driveway. Insurance did not pay for the repairs.
View All Quotes

Did your family have comprehensive/full coverage or liability only?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 53
Top Top