Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 3/13/2024 12:02:08 PM EDT
First 10 years of my marriage, we lived next to a couple that had two sons and a daughter.

The oldest son was very quiet and polite. The quiet son mowed our lawn when we were in the hospital delivering kids each time. He was always very respectful and I enjoyed the brief conversations we had. Well mannered, well kept, never any problems.

His parents got divorced and it was ugly. His mom started getting caught up on all the sport banging she felt she had missed out on and moved some beefcake in pretty quickly.

The quiet son went on to graduate from high school, stay at home and graduate from a local college in social work, bought a sporty little car, got a job working for Adult Protective Services as a case worker, got married to some girl he met in college, and moved out.

We moved too.

The quiet son and his wife quickly had two kids, then she decided they needed to get a divorce.

The quiet son went to the sister of his wife, who was baby-sitting his two young children, shot both children to death, shot and killed the sister in law, and then shot himself to death.

Aside from women I have known that confessed to abortions, and people that I have known that committed suicide, thats the only person I think I have ever know that straight up murdered anyone.

I have to say that of all the crazy people I have ever met in my life, I dont think I would have ever expected that the quiet son would have been anywhere near the top of the list of candidates that I would have thought anything like this would have happened.

I guess the message is, you never really truly know what darkness lurks in a mans heart
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:18:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes 4.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:21:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Moyockgunner:
While working at a max sec prison I took in an imate, immediately thought I knew him but didnt recognize his name.

Few days later I pulled him aside. He served USMC with me. He killed another Marine room mate offbase but NCIS and CID ruled self defense. I guess he got a taste for blood. Transfered to Okinawa. Linked to another murder but could not get enough evidence to convict, discharged OTH. Few years later caught as a serial killer. He claimed 20+. Other states kept coming to get him to locate bodies.
View Quote

I’ve met the detective on that case. Found a victim during a snow storm. Thought he’d killed her and she woke up in the woods.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:23:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MHowski] [#3]
I worked with Ray Peake. He killed Todd Getgen at a state gamelands range and stole his rifle.  

https://www.pennlive.com/midstate/2014/06/ex-prison_guard_loses_bid_to_v.html
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:24:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I grew up with a guy the state put down a decade or so ago after he killed two elderly family members and then a cellmate.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:25:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I knew the owner of a local vet's surplus store pretty well.  He killed a thief as the guy was running away and got convicted for it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:27:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't think I want to hang out with you guys.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:33:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Prison guard for 31 years.  I've met quite a few!  Most were normal guys that got fucked up with drugs or alcohol, and one day went too far.  Almost every one of these were disgusted with themselves and what brought them to it.  BUT then there were a few fuckin animals that did it because they liked it and would do it again given even the smallest chance.  I didn't like those ones.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:36:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes and also for manslaughter plus the victims.

To make it short and to stick to the question, the youngest brother of a girl I went out with for a while, still remained friends, lost his cookies one night. Crept into the father's room (mother died a couple years before) while he slept and jammed a steak knife through the father's eye and into his brain. Grabbed a 12 ga out of the closet and made his way to the apartment below (two family house, the girls lived in the first floor apt). The girl I mentioned met him in the kitchen and she caught a blast straight to the face, up close. The other sister heard the blast and came out, saw what happened and beat feet toward the front door. Made it about ten feet and caught the next one to the back of the head. Still locked up after 40 years.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:38:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sitkashooter] [#9]
I worked with and went hunting with a guy (Steve Branch) who had previously raped and killed a girl out walking at night. It went unresolved for decades.

he obviously kept it a secret but one of his family members did one of those ancestry things and his dna popped up.

He offed himself when the cops called and wanted a dna sample.

Being that it’s a small town, I’m friends with the victims sister, we’re both with SAR.

When the murder happened I was a cadet with CAP and participated in an evidence search after the body recovery.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:38:25 PM EDT
[#10]
This asshole grew up in my hometown, me and my friends used to fight his shitbag twin brothers all the time.  Was well known in the 90’s that Ricky had gotten away with at least one murder at the time and most of us thought he had killed another guy.  He was on First 48 as a suspect in a murder as well.

https://www.fox23.com/news/oklahoma-inmate-pleads-guilty-to-running-drug-ring-from-prison/article_783cc0a6-b83f-5eba-a763-bada390080a3.html
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:38:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes.  Several.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:44:03 PM EDT
[#12]
My neighbor across the street murdered his wife. About 8 or so years ago. Serving life if I remember right.

She was really nice, and they had a little girl who was about 5 at the time.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:44:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes, before he did the killing...
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:45:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CenterMass762] [#14]
Yep, a few.

One I grew up with and he was like a brother to me. He's out now and I just talked to him about two weeks ago.

Another one I was really good friends with from 12-20. I hadn't seen him for many years when he murdered his girlfriend last year.

Another one that I can't talk about.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:45:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Yes . . . Before and after.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:50:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah a couple of them. Worked with one guy. He killed someone in a bar fight with a pool cue. Smash the guy hard enough that he was brain dead before he hit the ground. Vegetable that they pulled the plug on in the hospital. He got a few years. Good hard working guy too. I remember him showing me photos of the guns he just bought. He got his rights restored and was happy to show off new purchases.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:54:22 PM EDT
[#17]
a bunch of them, including serial killers.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:55:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes, before he turned into a murderer.

Years ago, I used to go to church.  A cute couple attended, for about a year until they got stationed in NC, a small group we were part of.  The young wife was finishing her nursing degree and he was living the typical enlisted grind.  Well, we didn't know it but he abused her and she ended up wising up and running home to FL.  The airman went nuts.

He found her in FL, devised a plan to kill her, cut her up and bury her in a barrel of acid (like on Breaking Bad).  He bought a battery chainsaw from Walmart, the barrel from a shipping company and the acid from ag supply places and hunted her down.  He found and killed her.  He carried her body to the woods where he had prepared the acid barrel by burying it in waiting.  He chopped her up with the chainsaw and put her parts in the acid.  She had just graduated from nursing school.  

One of the other guys in the small group class was a federal agent that went on the arrest.  They caught him via the purchases and cell phone data and finally got him to plea deal for life vs the capital punishment in FL.  He led the feds to her body in the barrel in the FL woods.  The USAF gave the case to the state.  It was prosecuted in FL IIRC.  

She was so sweet to everyone and was a gorgeous ginger with a great smile.  He was a clean cut young black guy who never seemed the least bit mean and was known to be a good airman when here.  It was shocking to EVERYONE in the group.

I had not thought about this in last 10 years until this thread question made me think about it...  thanks OP......
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:57:00 PM EDT
[#19]
A former student of mine pled guilty to and got 60 years in a local murder.  A group of them went into a womans house, killed her, then dumped the body in some Wyoming grasslands, hoping the coyotes and other predators would get to the body.  She apparently dissed their biker gang.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:05:53 PM EDT
[#20]
I went to high school wtih a guy that was executed in 1998 for murdering a mutual friend in 1984. He was a couple of years younger than I am so I didn't know him really well, but we hung out with the same crowd. The last time I saw him was the day before I left for the army in 1980. The police were dragging him out from under a mutal friends porch.

The crime...

Thompson was convicted of killing Robin Balarzs, 25, in Huntsville on May 12, 1984. She was bound, gagged, beaten, raped, stabbed and then dragged 3,000 feet behind a car by Thompson, who was absent without leave from the Navy at the time. She was robbed of $1 and her engagement ring.

Prosecutors described the killing as extraordinarily chilling in its savagery and prolonged infliction of agony.
View Quote
https://murderpedia.org/male.T/t1/thompson-steven-allen.htm

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:06:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: willyj73] [#21]
I suppose it might be beneficial to know a murderer.  Problem with murderers is they kill the wrong people. They need to hone their murderous instincts towards victims whose early death would benefit society rather than innocent victims.

Edit to add that this comment will be screenshotted by the leftists in AR15.com to use as a weapon. Flame on!
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:06:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: floridahunter07] [#22]
Yep. Guy got convicted of manslaughter twice for beating a guy to death one time and waiting outside a bar with a rifle to shoot someone else the second time. Owns a huge septic company local to me.

He’s a piece of shit
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:13:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: j3_] [#23]
Sure at least four. Three of them are dead now themselves. All of them were people from my teenage years. I would add one more but it had a lot of controversy around it, so I didn't add it to the total number.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:13:40 PM EDT
[#24]
A guy I went to church with as a kid ended up killing a guy in an Armslist gun-deal gone wrong
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:15:11 PM EDT
[#25]
I worked with this guy here when I was much younger. He was a dishwasher at the restaurant I worked at in Greensborohttps://greensboro.com/suspect-in-slayings-kept-to-self/article_109d7854-9891-55bc-bf1d-c369456f6104.html
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:19:42 PM EDT
[#26]
I worked with a guy, Nam vet, USMC. nice enough guy sober, real SOB drinking. He would talk to me about his drinking before he started, never after. He repeatedly got violent with his wife & two step kids, one night the daughter tried to make him quit slapping her mom, he told her she was next, so her brother fetched the family 12 gauge, primed it & pointed it at the step dad, who grabbed the barrel (his prints were on it) pulling it toward him. of course it went off & killed him. it was in the courts for years, did the boy shoot him? or did he cause the gun to fire himself by pulling on it?
eventually the boy was acquitted.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:20:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Yes. I worked with him in the late 80’s(?) for a while

He brutally bludgeoned/ sexually molested a neighbor girl of his in a school yard back in the early 70’s

I didn’t know right then but his name rang a bell and he gave off some weird vibes then it was confirmed later on by a co-worker.
Seemed awfully brazen of him to come back and work in a public place in the same town. Fu$&er

The Paul Simon song “Down by the Schoolyard” came out at the time of the murder and some got the local radio stations not to play it for a while.
That murder was pretty traumatic for our small town

*local doctor with father being a former mayor here killed himself not too long ago. Rumor after his suicide was that he had been implicated in someway to the murder of the poor girl.
They were all (well to do) neighbors at the time of her death so it could be plausible

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:23:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Yes, guy strangled his business partner to death(got away with it).

Another guy I know had a drug dealing upstairs neighbor murdered( held him for months in jail), just couldn’t pin it on him. Dude was super weird and creepy, did lots of drugs himself.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:24:38 PM EDT
[#29]
I didn't actually know her, because I was 12ish. But, my next door neighbor's cousin's family would visit frequently, so I knew the family. The cousin's mother, Christine, was murdered. It was pinned on her ex-husband's wife*, Lawrencia Bembenek.

I don't believe that she did it, though. Freddie got rid of alimony, and the second wife. If he didn't do it, he damn well knows who did.

*Lawrencia and Freddie's marriage was deemed invalid, by a judge, because he didn't wait six months after divorcing Christine to marry again. They did eventually make it legal, a few months later.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:29:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Yes, my mom's boyfriend when I was young.  I remember him having the revolver on him at all times after the murder.    https://law.justia.com/cases/massachusetts/supreme-court/volumes/388/388mass789.html
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:31:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmtsc] [#31]
Yes, guy strangled his business partner to death(got away with it).

Another guy I worked with had a drug dealing upstairs neighbor murdered( held him for months in jail), just couldn’t pin it on him. Dude was super weird and creepy, did lots of drugs himself.

The legal system said no but everyone knew what was up.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:31:55 PM EDT
[#32]
I’ve known a couple. A friend was staying with me once, got up in the morning early, took my car and ambushed his girlfriend at the babysitters and shot her to death, Then killed himself
   I didn’t know this guy but a woman I know was married to Gerhard Puff, Who was electrocuted in 1954 for killing two FBI agents on their honeymoon. She did five years for violation of the Sullivan law. At one time she was a stripper known as Johnny Dillinger, public anatomy number one. Nice lady
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:32:44 PM EDT
[#33]
I've known a few people that have killed other people but never knew one that was an actual murderer.

Hopefully.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:32:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Guy from my high school class got sent to prison for manslaughter, I believe.  Closest I got.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:33:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Ohiogators:

To be fair, Ft Drum made me want to kill people too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ohiogators:
Originally Posted By cda97:
Robert Yates was in my US Army unit at Ft. Drum

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Lee_Yates

To be fair, Ft Drum made me want to kill people too.

That ain't no lie

I believe Robert Yates was finally convicted in Washington state, a prostitute survived his attack and identified him, it didn't help that law enforcement found bodies buried in his yard.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:35:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Yes.  Two as a matter of fact.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:35:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FMJ0311] [#37]
This pos

This POS was in my reserve unit.   He broke into a house and murdered his exgirlfriend and her brother.  He tried to claim his PTSD from Iraq made him do it.  

There’s a couple other guys from my unit in prison for murder.  Another guy got himself killed by police.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:39:05 PM EDT
[#38]
My cousin killed her husband, her daughter’s boyfriend, and her daughter before killing herself.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:40:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Yes.  And I’ve known somewhere around 6,7,8 people who were murdered.  

Ft. Walton / Crestview area.  NW FL.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:41:27 PM EDT
[#40]
I replied earlier but I figured I'd add the youngest time.

About 6th grade, one school mate shot another between the eyes with his dads .22 pistol because the victim laughed at him during a hockey game the night before.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:45:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Used to bang a little babe that beat a guy to death with a baseball bat, started in on another and I guess got tired. Finished him off be running his ass over with a car. Just happy I never pissed her off.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:45:13 PM EDT
[#42]
I can think of two, but I didn't know either one well.

The first was a high school classmate who killed another classmate at a party over something stupid. One punch. It was right at the end of the school year. The one that threw the punch was 17, and was locked up until he was 21. The one that threw the punch is still dead....

The other one was a crazy story. I knew The guy through a hobby, and he was a close friend of a cousin of mine. Ended up murdering his wife and daughter, then killed himself in their suburban home. They were found maybe a month later because of the packages piling up at their front door. I found out about it here on Arfcom. There is a conspiracy theory that he and his family were murdered to prevent a movie he was making from being made. If you are curious enough, search "David Crowley" and "Grey State."
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:54:36 PM EDT
[#43]
My dad killed a guy who attacked my mom.  

Was long before I was conceived.

I pieced it together over the years.  They were divorced and I heard parts of the story from both of them over the years.  When I was about 13 I finally asked my dad.

"Don't go looking for him.  I took care of it. Your mom doesn't know.  Never talk about it again"

Years later I have the .38 revolver.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:54:46 PM EDT
[#44]
None personally but have interviewed/talked to/ arrested a few.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:54:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Two guys I went to school with, Jimmy Glass & Jimmy Wingo, committed the infamous Dixie Inn murders in Louisiana. They broke out of the Oil City, LA jail on Christmas Eve. Wingo had begged the city chief to parole him that day so he could be with his family for Christmas. The chief said he had one day to go & he could leave early that AM to be there for opening presents. Glass told him that he was breaking out & offered Wingo to get out too. Wingo wasn’t the brightest one and took Glass up on it. They got over by that town and Glass wanted to steal a car so he could get out of state. Wingo’s story is that he refused since he didn’t want anymore trouble; then, took off hitchhiking towards his house. Glass’s story goes that both broke in and he told Wingo to shoot the couple which he did. Wingo was hitchhiking down I20 when a car pulls over & was Glass with the car. Just down the road, they were pulled over speeding. Arrested. That Christmas morning, the couple’s kids came in with their families in tow to see them head shot with a shotgun. The pair were charged with 1st degree murder.

The man was a big donor to then Governor Edwin Edward’s. They were tried, convicted, and executed in about 6 weeks. They electrocuted Glass first. He never said that Wingo wasn’t there so Wingo didn’t get his sentence commuted to life. Wingo went to the chair still stating he wasn’t there. Glass’s final words were “I’d rather go fishing.”

Knew both of them Glass was just pit bull mean. Quite capable of killing. Wingo was a fuck up and would be most likely to burgle a tool shed for pot money.

I can see how Wingo’s story was very plausible and I just don’t see Wingo killing anyone. But, they’re both dead now. Shrug/
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 10:08:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Jack19:
Sure, arrested a few.
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 10:12:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By CastleBravo91:

Did he....by chance.....commit suicide later?
View Quote

Not that i know of. Last i heard he was still in prison.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 10:43:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Guy in my neighborhood was an arsonist.
Volunteer firefighter...

Got busted when he was seen showing up a little to early at one fire.

Two fires he set killed 3 people.

Dude was a fire bug his whole life. Made explosives and shit. Surprised he never blew himself up.

Doing 15 (on year 7) at State.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 10:50:59 PM EDT
[#49]
My brother's friend from high school went full retard when his roommate's sister brought home a one-night-stand while staying with them and he couldn't handle it. He killed the the roommate's sister, the random dude who was just trying to get laid, the roommate, and himself.
He'd put the pussy on a pedestal.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 11:01:51 PM EDT
[#50]
a junior-high/highschool bully that I got into a couple fights with ended up getting convicted of first degree murder when, a year after we graduated, decided to go for a ride with a friend with a .22 rifle and then just randomly shoot at peope, hitting 4 and killing one of them.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top