Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 3/17/2024 9:57:25 PM EDT
I’m a glutton for punishment from gun manufactures. This is the 3rd pistol in 3 years (twice from Colt, now this Glock) that will have to go back to the manufacture, bought new.

Groupings were 8” @ 12 yards using 135gr Nosler and 200gr Montana Bullet Works. Moved COL out, in, tried the full powder charge as recommended by Hodgdon. All were absolute crap groups. Also tried different charges using different COLs.

SAAMI:
Attachment Attached File

Glock Perfection.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:41:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rabidus:

I ordered a KKM barrel last week but was contemplating sending the pistol to Glock but maybe wait. If the KKM shoots like crap, than it’s me.

If it shoots well, I will update this thread.

View Quote

I run a KKM in my GLOCK 40 more so for the better chamber support, but it was more accurate than my factory barrel.  Not by magnitudes, but better.

I hope the KKM delivers for you!

JT
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:46:51 AM EDT
[#2]
With pistols, you're looking for bang. If you're that worried about accuracy, spend the money for an accurate pistol. JMHO
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:47:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By SuperX925:

One would use an ID micrometer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By diesel1:
Originally Posted By Coffin-Nail:
Calipers aren't really that precise, you need a mic for real accuracy.

Accurate enough. And please explain how one would use a micrometer to measure an inside diameter.

As others have said, as slight variation in chamber size should not affect accuracy. I'd be more concerned about bore dimensions.

Good suggestions re factory ammo.

Really? For a .430" I.D.? Maybe a dial bore gauge that is first calibrated with an outside micrometer. People here nit-picking at OP's measuring tool/technique should realize that the degree of precision is perfectly acceptable for the application at hand. Even el-cheapo dial calipers are accurate within .001" or so.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:47:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I don’t know if you have a leg to stand on.

Reloads

Unsubstantiated test procedure for establishing grouping
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:50:45 AM EDT
[#5]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Never_A_Wick:

Accurate enough. And please explain how one would use a micrometer to measure an inside diameter.

Uh….

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/578900/IMG_4608_png-3162476.JPG

OK but very limited "reach" into a bore.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:00:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Really? For a .430" I.D.? Maybe a dial bore gauge that is first calibrated with an outside micrometer. People here nit-picking at OP's measuring tool/technique should realize that the degree of precision is perfectly acceptable for the application at hand. Even el-cheapo dial calipers are accurate within .001" or so.
View Quote

Well no, not if the variation you’re showing is .01 at the most.

That could easily be a discrepancy due to using that tool in that bore, not the actual measurement being that far off.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:01:50 AM EDT
[#7]

OK but very limited "reach" into a bore.
View Quote

Agree but Pretty similar reach to that caliper he’s using and certainly more accurate.

Chamber appears tapered according to the SAAMI diagram anyways so it’s going to change with depth anyhow.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:07:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Has anyone pointed out yet that shooting reloads voids Glock's warranty?
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:09:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By scotchymcdrinkerbean:
Has anyone pointed out yet that shooting reloads voids Glock's warranty?
View Quote

Eh.  That’s a CYA in case you double charge and KB the gun.

I’ve sent 2 Glocks in for warranty issues, both ran on reloads.  

They aren’t going to be able to tell if you’re running factory or reloaded ammo unless you blow the chamber up.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:30:30 AM EDT
[#10]
I’m a glutton for punishment from gun manufactures. This is the 3rd pistol in 3 years (twice from Colt, now this Glock) that will have to go back to the manufacture, bought new.
View Quote

Please elaborate on your Colt problems.  Three pistols going back to the factory in three years makes me immediately think you're being overly critical, but I want to give you the benefit of the doubt.  In thirty years I have literally had to send ONE firearm back to the factory.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:30:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By whiskerz:

Glock uses a lot of CCI ammo for testing pistols. Yet you seem focused on loading the hottest ammo possible . Rarely is the hottest ammo the most accurate ammo. A barrel is not going to change much other than the fact that Glock does not recommend cast bullets in older generations. Is the barrel leaded ? Have you cleaned the gun ?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By whiskerz:

This sounds like the best answer. Do you know any true velocity 10mm ammo other than Buffalo bore?

I know guns like different brands but any Glock 10mm owners chime in what ammo has worked well for them?

180gr like someone said as it has a large bearing surface. XTPs have shot well out of my Glocks, 1911, and CZ 75.

Glock uses a lot of CCI ammo for testing pistols. Yet you seem focused on loading the hottest ammo possible . Rarely is the hottest ammo the most accurate ammo. A barrel is not going to change much other than the fact that Glock does not recommend cast bullets in older generations. Is the barrel leaded ? Have you cleaned the gun ?

I want to load true 10mm and have it be accurate.

I cleaned the gun after the leading while at the range.

I will buy factory ammo.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:32:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By shotar:
Glock 10mm barrels are notably inaccurate. That's why you see a heavy aftermarket presence from kkm and lone wolf. Nit sure about Gen 5. They might be better as they certainly were a great improvement in everything else.

A number of prominent guntubers have noted this.
View Quote

That’s interesting I’ve never heard anybody say that from the vids I watched.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:36:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By crusaderf8u:
I would do as others have suggested any put a few boxes of factory ammo thru it. I have a Gen3 as well (20SF) and had two other builds prior. I’ve used PMC 180gr FMJ , which is basically 40 S&W velocity in a longer case and Underwood 200 and 135gr JHP and all function well and are accurate. There are simply to many variables when you’re basing your conclusions on reloads of a round you have no other firearm to compare results against. Regardless of what you perceive the chamber issues to be you have insufficient evidence to draw any conclusions. Is the hassle of ammo purchases why you avoided just buying some factory ammo to test with? If you’ve owned a 45-70 and just bought a 10mm but are concerned about the cost of ammo it seems a bit odd. As one who owns both and doesn’t reload I have little sympathy for folks that complain about the price of ammunition. Nothing personal just a statement. Hopefully the results will be satisfactory, and welcome to the 10mm owners society.
View Quote

Only bought 1 box of 45-70, reloaded the rest.

Haven’t bought a box of 45acp in 15 years.

That’s how I roll.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:38:21 AM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:39:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

Lol, you defend yourself with a made up story
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SemperGumbi:

Never got an award for pistol.

I was at MCRD or Pendleton back in ‘08 for an educator workshop. Got to shoot the simulator.

It was fun, for the pistol range, one of the Marines asked if I needed a tutorial, told him, “thanks but I got it..”

Started shooting, all shots were hitting COM and head shots.

Ran 2-3 mags through it and the room got quieter, heads started to turn over, granted, these are teachers so not much to talk about.

Got done. Stopped for a second, looked around and the entire room was watching me. A major and a colonel were watching and smiled.

2 young Marines pushed some teachers aside and said, we got this…they shot 1/2 a mag, shot like shit, and moved away from the line.

A few people in the room said, “Damn”

As I passed the officers, the Major gave me a nod.

I don’t shoot competition, I’m sure many can beat me but at the range, I only met 1 other person who could outshoot me with a pistol, he won awards in the Army pistol competition.

So I’m no Jerry Miculek by any stretch but I’m also not a slack jawed basement dweller.

OMG it is sad that you would write something like this about yourself. You need to get out of your own head once in awhile.

GD,

“Your groups suck because you cannot shoot!”

“That’s rifle, where are your pistol scores?”

“Some people should not own guns”

“In all my years of teaching new shooters, it’s not the gun, it’s you.”

“It’s the Indian, not the arrow”

I then defend myself that I can shoot using real life examples.

GD
OMG it is sad that you would write something like this about yourself. You need to get out of your own head once in awhile.

You guys are insufferable.

No. True story.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:41:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By dwb1987:
I would put some factory ammo through it and have a friend try it too.
View Quote

This 100%

I can't tell you how many times someone has told  their gun is broken, the sights are bad, the ammo is bad, and what whatever else. They can't get it to shoot a group. I shoot it with the ammo they have and holy shit Batman on target almost 99% of the time. I do this with them standing next to me.

I hand back the gun and say  "it's you and not the gun".
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:41:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By zephyr:
It's a $30 caliper.
View Quote

And, it’s not a precise, reproducible way to measure an ID….

But….it’s GD, so….
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:41:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Nick_Adams:

Double Tap and Underwood for sure. Among ‘mainstream’ ammo-makers, Federal and Winchester are offering a couple of ‘heavy-n-fast’ 10mm loads.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022393638?pid=135158

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021558987?pid=674839

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1026114215?pid=932299

The best answer is, get set up to reload if you really want to see what the cartridge.  If you don’t reload, well, poors don’t do well in real 10mm-Landia.  You gots to pay to play there.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Nick_Adams:
Originally Posted By curiomatic:
Originally Posted By curiomatic:
If you want to know your Glock's chamber dimensions, you'll have to make a chamber casting with Cerrosafe or some similar product. Brownell's sells it.
Glocks are built more for reliability than match accuracy. I'd be okay with a "loose" chamber if a bear was charging me.
Maybe try a Gen5, G20 with the new and improved barrel?  

Was going to order cerrosafe but wanted to wait for the KKM barrel.

Only Gen 3 Glocks are allowed in California unless I’m a LEO (which I’m not)

I agree on loose chambers and reliability but after shooting great groups with pistols for years, I cannot accept 8” at 12 yards and no group whatso ever.

Rounds land high, low, left, right and everything in between.

You should establish your accuracy baseline with good factory ammo and work from there.  When I shot matches with my 1911 where brass retrieval wasn't possible, I used Blazer aluminum case 45 ACP ammo, which worked well in my Colt Series 70.
If your Glock doesn't shoot well with three or four brands of factory ammo, call Glock.

This sounds like the best answer. Do you know any true velocity 10mm ammo other than Buffalo bore?

Double Tap and Underwood for sure. Among ‘mainstream’ ammo-makers, Federal and Winchester are offering a couple of ‘heavy-n-fast’ 10mm loads.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022393638?pid=135158

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021558987?pid=674839

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1026114215?pid=932299

The best answer is, get set up to reload if you really want to see what the cartridge.  If you don’t reload, well, poors don’t do well in real 10mm-Landia.  You gots to pay to play there.

So I should reload?

Never change GD!
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:43:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By intheburbs:
I hate customers like OP.   Using your shitty-ass HF calipers to measure, claiming it's out of spec.  Pray tell, how does a precision-machined piece get allegedly out of round by two thou?Also, I'm pretty sure accuracy isn't a warranty issue.

Not even using factory ammo as a baseline?  

And it's happened three times?   Twice with Colt?  

If I was Glock, I'd take back the pistol, issue a refund, and send OP over to HK or Sig.
View Quote

Never shot the Colt, barrels looked like this.

Got my money back and got a beretta 1301. Which works perfectly btw.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:44:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By NoPurposeFlour:

Stock Glock triggers are fine. If you can't shoot accurately on a stock glock, your trigger control and press sucks.
View Quote

I agree. Many people think Glocks shoot paper plate sized groups at 25 yards because they are used to a 1911 trigger, though.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:44:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By zpduff:

Lmao. Did you seriously post a picture of your Appleseed target? That stuff is for kids to learn how to shoot. Getting rifleman rank at Appleseed is extremely easy.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zpduff:
Originally Posted By GreatWaputi:
Not everyone should own guns

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/170028/IMG_0110_jpeg-3162257.JPG

Lmao. Did you seriously post a picture of your Appleseed target? That stuff is for kids to learn how to shoot. Getting rifleman rank at Appleseed is extremely easy.

Did you get one?

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:46:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By youngandfree:

You didn't answer the question on how factory ammo shoots.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By youngandfree:

Not flinching. Shoot 12ga slugs, 338LM, 45-70, full power 45 ACP+p no problemo.

You didn't answer the question on how factory ammo shoots.

Didn’t buy factory, bought 1200 pieces of brass and bullets to reload.

Shot two different bullet weights but the gun did not like any of them.

Usually guns will like 1 or the other. Not this one.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:48:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By DocApocalypse:

Please elaborate on your Colt problems.  Three pistols going back to the factory in three years makes me immediately think you're being overly critical, but I want to give you the benefit of the doubt.  In thirty years I have literally had to send ONE firearm back to the factory.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DocApocalypse:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:55:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Other option is to try some other weights, I did a good bit of load development for a G20.4 and it preferred the more milquetoast 165 thru 180gr projectiles.

I would try factory loads and some more projectiles before writing the gun "off"
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:56:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By green_bullet:
The 0.00045 variance on either end from the theoretical cartridge is to account for different manufactuers? Chamber has to physically be bigger than the cartridge if only by a hair, as it is not a close slip-fit
View Quote

That's almost four thousandths, not ten thousandths.

About 3 hairs, total, actually.

I'd say that is a loose chamber, if your calipers are correct. Inexpensive calipers are notorious for ID readings being off. Do you have any known ID to use as a master?
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:00:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Lol epic thread.

Op refuses to buy a few boxes of inexpensive factory ammo to rule out his poor reloads.

Op creates new epic copy pasta.

This thread keeps on giving.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:01:09 AM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By shotar:
Glock 10mm barrels are notably inaccurate. That's why you see a heavy aftermarket presence from kkm and lone wolf. Nit sure about Gen 5. They might be better as they certainly were a great improvement in everything else.

A number of prominent guntubers have noted this.

I agree, that’s a dumb generalization from a dubious source.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:04:39 AM EDT
[#28]
That is one of those new 10MM SUPER Glocks.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:07:25 AM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

As others have said, as slight variation in chamber size should not affect accuracy. I'd be more concerned about bore dimensions.

I’m going on the assumption that you are not familiar with micrometers and calipers.

A three point ID micrometer will be able to precisely measure the diameter of that chamber at any point in that chamber.

Using the calipers OP is using it is very easy to get inconsistent results regardless of the quality of the tool. Add in the low cost tool and you could easily get +/- .005” variance.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:08:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bophades45] [#30]
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:11:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mudholestomper] [#31]
Originally Posted By Ridgerunner9876:

I'd say that is a loose chamber, if your calipers are correct. Inexpensive calipers are notorious for ID readings being off. Do you have any known ID to use as a master?
View All Quotes
The 0.00045 variance on either end from the theoretical cartridge is to account for different manufactuers? Chamber has to physically be bigger than the cartridge if only by a hair, as it is not a close slip-fit

0.00045 is 45 ten thousandths. Almost four thousandths?  If a positive number starts with a four followed by a 5, it’s more than four.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:11:55 AM EDT
[#32]

You may be a very skilled shooter.

You may know what you are doing behind the loading bench.

But you don’t have a clue about QC or what is critical for accuracy.

You are measuring the ID of a chamber with a cheap POS digital caliper. Never mind that a caliper is not the best way to do that. You are using junk equipment.

And that dimension is pretty meaningless to group sizes. It is just too close to be causing your groups.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By slappomatt:
I mean its a pocket 10mm glock. what did you expect? sub moa?

My two 19s get this:  https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/170028/IMG_8072_jpeg-3162228.JPG

(1 flyer as I got excited on the 5th shot)

Recent 1911 load development

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/170028/IMG_9628_jpeg-3162229.JPG

I’m not flinching, it does not recoil that much.

You may be a very skilled shooter.

You may know what you are doing behind the loading bench.

But you don’t have a clue about QC or what is critical for accuracy.

You are measuring the ID of a chamber with a cheap POS digital caliper. Never mind that a caliper is not the best way to do that. You are using junk equipment.

And that dimension is pretty meaningless to group sizes. It is just too close to be causing your groups.

Checked these just for grins. I think my tools are probably close enough.

That's a .392 pin which is actually .3918. Cartridges were all within a couple tenths.

So, pretty close to .0015/side clearance on this pistol and this ammo.
Attachment Attached File

CZ P07 goes in about .080 further, so a smidge bigger than the glock.Attachment Attached File

But, none of that matters compared to OPs pic because calipers aren't adequate for this.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:13:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: atblis] [#33]
Could also order pin gauges. 0.430” would be $5.

Edit: Dang it. Beat by a minute.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:18:22 AM EDT
[#34]

What’s a rifle qualification test got to do with a handgun?
View All Quotes

What’s a rifle qualification test got to do with a handgun?

As much as the stupid attempt to be edgy with the statement about owning guns.

GD bull shit.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:19:07 AM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes

I was at MCRD or Pendleton back in ‘08 for an educator workshop. Got to shoot the simulator.

It was fun, for the pistol range, one of the Marines asked if I needed a tutorial, told him, “thanks but I got it..”

Ran 2-3 mags through it and the room got quieter, heads started to turn over, granted, these are teachers so not much to talk about.

Got done. Stopped for a second, looked around and the entire room was watching me. A major and a colonel were watching and smiled.

2 young Marines pushed some teachers aside and said, we got this…they shot 1/2 a mag, shot like shit, and moved away from the line.

A few people in the room said, “Damn”

I don’t shoot competition, I’m sure many can beat me but at the range, I only met 1 other person who could outshoot me with a pistol, he won awards in the Army pistol competition.

So I’m no Jerry Miculek by any stretch but I’m also not a slack jawed basement dweller.

GD,

“Your groups suck because you cannot shoot!”

“That’s rifle, where are your pistol scores?”

“Some people should not own guns”

“In all my years of teaching new shooters, it’s not the gun, it’s you.”

“It’s the Indian, not the arrow”

GD

No. True story.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/170028/IMG_8888_jpeg-3162567.JPG

I don’t see a group of generals standing and watching in awe of your shooting ability like the story.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:22:00 AM EDT
[#36]

As much as the stupid attempt to be edgy with the statement about owning guns.

GD bull shit.
View Quote

Agree there, I don't think there's anything wrong with the OP owning guns, but he might need more practice as well as an education on how to measure things(I'm not a machinist and I can see his method isn't going to give accurate or repeatable results).
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:22:22 AM EDT
[#37]
@rabidus

If you want a cheaper factory ammo with true 10mm Auto ballistics look for some Sig Sauer 10mm Auto Elite 180gr. FMJ.

Academy around here carries it. It is advertised at 1250fps which is solid 10mm Auto ammo.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:23:37 AM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes

I was at MCRD or Pendleton back in '08 for an educator workshop. Got to shoot the simulator.

It was fun, for the pistol range, one of the Marines asked if I needed a tutorial, told him, "thanks but I got it.."

2 young Marines pushed some teachers aside and said, we got this they shot 1/2 a mag, shot like shit, and moved away from the line.

A few people in the room said, "Damn"

I don't shoot competition, I'm sure many can beat me but at the range, I only met 1 other person who could outshoot me with a pistol, he won awards in the Army pistol competition.

So I'm no Jerry Miculek by any stretch but I'm also not a slack jawed basement dweller.

GD,

"Your groups suck because you cannot shoot!"

"That's rifle, where are your pistol scores?"

"Some people should not own guns"

"In all my years of teaching new shooters, it's not the gun, it's you."

"It's the Indian, not the arrow"

GD

No. True story.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/170028/IMG_8888_jpeg-3162567.JPG

ISMT certified expert, bro!

And a Major nodded at me.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:24:08 AM EDT
[#39]
How do the two fires cases that came with the gun look?  They still come with two fired cases?
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:26:31 AM EDT
[#40]
I just check the OEM barrels chamber of my Glock 29.

Same as OPs, using a manual hornady caliper: .434, and it shoots fine.

The accuracy issue is with OP or his reloads.

Does OP get a bulge at the base of the fired brass?
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:29:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By mudholestomper:

0.00045 is 45 ten thousandths. Almost four thousandths?  If a positive number starts with a four followed by a 5, it’s more than four.
View All Quotes

LOL. I have a handle on measurement in thousandths of an inch.

Go back and read the measurement OP posted and the nominal cartridge dimension. It is almost .008 different. The poster I quoted listed .00045 per side difference. It should have been .004 depending on which dimension set was used as the calipers were showing different ones.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:48:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Never_A_Wick] [#42]

View Quote

He's saying it should read .0045 not .00045.

The other guy did his reading or math wrong.

I am assuming he read the two numbers at either end of the chamber dimensions(My guess is that it's slightly tapered).
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 12:02:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: diesel1] [#43]

I’m going on the assumption that you are not familiar with micrometers and calipers.

A three point ID micrometer will be able to precisely measure the diameter of that chamber at any point in that chamber.

Using the calipers OP is using it is very easy to get inconsistent results regardless of the quality of the tool. Add in the low cost tool and you could easily get +/- .005” variance.
View All Quotes

Um....yeah, OK, whatever. Regardless, we're "splitting hairs" here when it seems obvious that OP's problem IS NOT chamber size related. Seems to me that the bullet/barrel relationship would be the key factor in accuracy or lack thereof.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 12:06:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By rb889:
Gun prints 8” at 12 yards.

GD: “Lol OP suxorz, git gud scrub!”

Typical.
View Quote

The gun doesn’t shoot that bad.

The combo of the shooter, the reloads and the gun could possibly shoot that bad. However OP didn’t even post a pic of the target. This might be an epic troll.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 12:12:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: huntsky] [#45]
OP, try this ammo

https://ibb.co/tJwbBxF
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 12:18:32 PM EDT
[#46]

Only bought 1 box of 45-70, reloaded the rest.

Haven’t bought a box of 45acp in 15 years.

That’s how I roll.

View Quote

And if you’re able, there’s nothing wrong with that. But drawing conclusions based on insufficient evidence (reloads only with Bo factory ammo if a round you are unfamiliar with) seems to be the issue. Even with CA prices a couple different boxes of factory 10mm is going to give you much more useful data than a KKM barrel will for less investment.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 12:22:31 PM EDT
[#47]

I was at MCRD or Pendleton back in '08 for an educator workshop. Got to shoot the simulator.

It was fun, for the pistol range, one of the Marines asked if I needed a tutorial, told him, "thanks but I got it.."

2 young Marines pushed some teachers aside and said, we got this they shot 1/2 a mag, shot like shit, and moved away from the line.

A few people in the room said, "Damn"

I don't shoot competition, I'm sure many can beat me but at the range, I only met 1 other person who could outshoot me with a pistol, he won awards in the Army pistol competition.

So I'm no Jerry Miculek by any stretch but I'm also not a slack jawed basement dweller.
View Quote

You're delusional.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 12:24:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Well, it is a glock.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 12:26:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Try some of you 40SW 180Gn reloads in it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 12:28:05 PM EDT
[#50]

Go back and read the measurement OP posted and the nominal cartridge dimension. It is almost .008 different. The poster I quoted listed .00045 per side difference. It should have been .004 depending on which dimension set was used as the calipers were showing different ones.
View All Quotes

Weird how you’re so great with accuracy but want to LOL when you remove the context of what you’re quoting and say something that’s incorrect in response to what you didn’t include in your quote.

I responded (correctly) to the information that you included in your post.

You responded incorrectly to the information that you included in your post.

Wait…the “I have a handle on measurements” guy isn’t expecting us to assume anything from the information he didn’t include, right?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top